PDA

View Full Version : 6 Longhorns on the 2 deep out

mookie2001
09-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Brandon Collins, jr WR, projected #2-#4 receiver, out for now with academic issues
marquise goodwin, john chiles can replace him but this is a big loss

Deon Beasley sr CB backup out for now with academic issues
only senior in the secondary 2 deep, curtis brown and freshman marcus davis are the rotation along with chykie brown and aaron williams, this one hurts the least but the guy has valuable experience

Christian Scott so S, co starter out for now with academic issues
the safetys, once crowed have thinned out, curtis brown and ben wells play safety along with gideon, thomas, and nolan brewster, this is a big loss, Scott is going to be a another star db

^out of these three 1 is likely to return and the other 2 are pretty much done is the rumors

rumored collins is in, rumored collins is out, you would have to think it looks bad for beasley because he would be the most behind

Fozzy Whittaker so RB, co starter out again with a knee

Jared Norton sr MLB starter, out for saturday with a reinjured shoulder he had operated on this offseason

dont know how bad this is but its his bad shoulder
dont know who they turn to here, dustin earnest and emanuel acho are playing big minutes now

Michael Huey jf G starter, out for saturday with injured ankle

a bad sprain, hopefully out a few weeks

not to mention TEs Howard, Irby, Marshall and Grant are all out for the season which should have been Jermichaels senior year

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Collins and Scott ruled ineligible. Collins will redshirt and have two remaining years of eligibility, Scott will sit out for being an academic dumb shit and waste his entire sophomore season.

Scott was a big part of our nickel packages we were going to feature this year. Good thing No'Laan Brewster is on the up and up.

mookie2001
09-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Knowlohn is badd

norton out for a the year, he will apply for medical redshirt

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Kno`Laan Brewster is going to have to be the new Scott

mookie2001
09-29-2009, 10:56 PM
the indians name in predator is billy!

rofl

Cant_Be_Faded
09-29-2009, 10:58 PM
it is

mookie2001
09-29-2009, 11:02 PM
you know someone questioned it, then looked at your sig and was like- i think im gonna like housesitting...

Ballcox
09-30-2009, 09:03 AM
^I'm not too worried about the current situation. Collins would be nice to have out there, but we're incredibly deep at the WR position, we'll be fine without him. Norton will get a medical rs and be back next year for his final season healthy, and we'll need him with this being Muck's last season.

The biggest loss imo is Scott, that dude can flat out HIT. He's got great instincts and I would have loved to see him play this season. But, I think we'll be good with Gideon and Brewster back there. That's one of the great things about UT, if someone can't play we've got talent all over the place ready to step in.

rjv
09-30-2009, 09:12 AM
nice to see that the university is holding its athletes academically accountable. tough for the team but good for the image of the school.

DBryant88
09-30-2009, 11:56 AM
what he said^^^

Whisky Dog
09-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Missing Scott hurts but Giddeon/Brewster have been good opposite Thomas.

At least Collins will get an extra yr to work with Gilbert at the end of his career.

All in all how can you be such a dumbshit to not even pass the f'n class. You aren't working a regular job your life is football and school with banging as many coeds as time allows. Not difficult.

Ballcox
09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
^They're passing their classes, that's not the issue. The problem was that Collins and Scott hadn't declared a major and hadn't taken classes to advance towards their degree. So, they're in good academic standing as far as grades, they just need to declare a major and then start taking those upper level courses for their chosen major.

Although, with all the resources that UT has I'm surprised nobody was on top of this to begin with.

Whisky Dog
09-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh ok I didn't realize that. Yeah you'd think with all the staffers Mack has he'd get a lackey or two to check up on all of this for the team... Especially if you're a projected starter.

Man, what a pansy ass little bs reason to miss a season

rjv
09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
it does sound strange but i wonder if this has anything to do with NCAA rules as well.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Christian Scott has been ruled eligible to play in UT's bowl game

LOLOLOL. If we make the national title game, it's going to make our defense that much more ridiculous against them. ROFL. He's by far our most powerful, hard-hitting, run-stopping safety. And he's been practicing with the team all season. Just hasn't been allowed to play.

ROFL.

It's on bitches.

mookie2001
11-11-2009, 02:14 AM
yeah and then earl thomas can play the strong corner, the true nickle and outside LB

sickkk

Kermit
11-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Christian Scott has been ruled eligible to play in UT's bowl game

LOLOLOL. If we make the national title game, it's going to make our defense that much more ridiculous against them. ROFL. He's by far our most powerful, hard-hitting, run-stopping safety. And he's been practicing with the team all season. Just hasn't been allowed to play.

ROFL.

It's on bitches.

What about Collins?

TFloss32
11-11-2009, 09:32 AM
If he were to play in UT's bowl game, how will that affect his status? He's currently a redshirt sophomore. I would think if he skipped the bowl game he would be able to retain that year of eligibility and end up being a six-year player.

mookie2001
11-11-2009, 10:37 AM
collins is out, using his redshirt this year

since scott already redshirted, and he wasnt hurt he lost his sophmore year and he'll be a junior next year

TFloss32
11-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Well, sucks for him. I'm not sure how I would feel about he Horns just throwing him in the middle of the bowl game (especially the national title) like that. There's a significant difference between practicing against your own team and playing against one of the best teams in the nation.

On a side note...I wonder what the NCAA will do for Blaine Irby?!?! I can't wait to get him and Collins back next year. They'll be a huge help with the loss of Shipley.

mookie2001
11-11-2009, 04:02 PM
we play a lot of nickle, nolan brewster has been getting mad playing time, im not saying he'll make the difference, its a bonus because the plan was to line earl thomas up all over the field and this helps with that

i havent heard one good thing about irby since his injury, all indications are his career is over

Kermit
11-11-2009, 06:03 PM
we play a lot of nickle, nolan brewster has been getting mad playing time, im not saying he'll make the difference, its a bonus because the plan was to line earl thomas up all over the field and this helps with that

i havent heard one good thing about irby since his injury, all indications are his career is over

I imagine it's pretty hard to play without a knee.

seZtmjbvZYQ

TFloss32
11-11-2009, 06:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4354725

Here's a descriptive article about his condition...it was written in July (at which time Blaine was already jogging again). Apparently his knee is fine, but the nerve damage that he suffered has been holding him back.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah Blaine is finished. Christian Scott gives us more huthle and muthle.

Whisky Dog
11-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Nice depth the kids a stud I just wish he could get in the Baylor, Kansas, and faggy games as a tuneup to get in rhythm for a possible NC game.

mookie2001
11-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Dj monroe dui

found on the hays county web-site...

Booking #: 2009-05938 hays county sheriff's office
facility: Hays county jail booked: 11/15/2009 released:
Name monroe, donald oneil, ii desc black male 5' 9" 170 lbs
alias monroe, donald; monroe, dj hair black
so # 858172 eyes brown
dob 07/09/1989
address angleton, tx 77515

warrant # charge issuing auth offense date bond/type fine/crt costs disposition
warrantless/on-view dwi-b(hcso c09-42650)
surety bond

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Fuck him. He's already a statistical improbability to score another TD on kickoff return. And every misdirection/reverse run play we ran with him was poorly executed and predictable.

We have bigger problems than det.

Whisky Dog
11-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Fucking dumb kid. This team is rolling people at a high level and he's going to cause this distraction?

Mack needs to get Quentin Jammer's younger brother out of Angleton so we can ditch this punk ass to the curb. Even his HS coach says jammer's brother is a better return man right now than Monroe.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I dunno breh. Monroe already has the UT record for most kickoff returns in a season.

But our actual plays that we run with him are as predictable as our fake punts.
So it really don't matter to me. Let Malcolm Williams return kicks. That kid's bad.