PDA

View Full Version : There's no fool like an elder fool

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
There's no fool like an elder fool (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/09/024468.php)

On Sunday, Jimmy Carter (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/04/AR2009090402968.html) produced an op-ed in the Washington Post called "The Elders' View of the Middle East." It's rather pathetic that a former U.S. president feels the need to call himself an "elder," and to invoke other aging leftists (here the likes of Desmond Tutu and Mary Robinson), in order to vouch for his own wisdom. Not surprisingly, "elder" in this context turned out to mean vicious Israel basher.

Today, Elliott Abrams (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/07/AR2009090702067.html) demolishes Carter's op-ed, demonstrating that nearly every claim Carter makes is false. For example, contrary to Carter's assertions, despair is not increasingly among Palestinians (the polling evidence is clear on this point); Gaza is not a "walled-in ghetto" into which Israel precludes the flow of needed items (Gaza has a border with Egypt through which these items can flow); and Israeli settlements are not expanding rapidly into "Palestinian land (nearly all settlement construction is "up" not "out").

It's difficult to imagine a bigger mismatch than Elliott Abrams vs. Jimmy Carter, and I doubt that more than a handful of our readers take Carter at all seriously. Nonetheless, Abrams' take-down of the old dictator-coddling, Israel-hating fool should not be missed.

clambake
09-08-2009, 06:57 PM
elliott abrams lol

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
elliott abrams lol
Jimmy Carter :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Now that we've got that out of the way, care to discuss content?

hope4dopes
09-08-2009, 07:03 PM
There's no fool like an elder fool (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/09/024468.php)

Jesus he's like the fucking Rolling Stones, he....just....won't....go ...away.What a bunch of shit to hang around your neck, this insane need to be noticed or important, he should just get a monkey on his back that doesn't demand we have to hear about it. If he had any dignity he'd just quietly shoot herion up in those delapidated shanties he cobbed together, and spare us his public humiliations.

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Jesus he's like the fucking Rolling Stones, he....just....won't....go ...away.What a bunch of shit to hang around your neck, this insane need to be noticed or important, he should just get a monkey on his back that doesn't demand we have to hear about it. If he had any dignity he'd just quietly shoot herion up in those delapidated shanties he cobbed together, and spare us his public humiliations.
I think Bill Clinton will be the same...just with more flair and less bitterness. (i.e. his visit with Kim Jung Il last month.)

clambake
09-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Jimmy Carter :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Now that we've got that out of the way, care to discuss content?

you want to talk about carter? why?

hope4dopes
09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
I think Bill Clinton will be the same...just with more flair and less bitterness. (i.e. his visit with Kim Jung Il last month.)
I agree alot more flair,but oatmeal has more flair than carter.

Nbadan
09-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Among those who were subject to attack or robbery, majority does not submit complaints to the police; among those who submit complaints, overwhelming majority (73%) says it is not satisfied with the police performance

What's to complain about?

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
you want to talk about carter? why?
Because, it's current and 30 years after his failed presidency -- in which he was particularly inept at mid-east affairs -- he keeps insinuating himself into world affairs and fucking things up.

Next question?

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I agree alot more flair,but oatmeal has more flair than carter.
True that.

clambake
09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Because, it's current and 30 years after his failed presidency -- Next question?

since when do you care about presidential failures?

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 07:24 PM
since when do you care about presidential failures?
When they continue to meddle in our foreign policy.

clambake
09-08-2009, 07:26 PM
When they continue to meddle in our foreign policy.

now you hate free speech?

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 07:32 PM
now you hate free speech?
Actually, Jimmy Carter has engaged in activities that would be against the law for everyone else (and probably were for him) but, since he was a former president, they were overlooked.

This isn't about free speech. I wasn't advocating he not be allowed to publish the oped. I just posted a piece where Abrams ably put the lie to the nonsense Carter has been spreading for over 3 decades.

Care to talk about content yet?

ChumpDumper
09-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Actually, Jimmy Carter has engaged in activities that would be against the law for everyone else (and probably were for him) but, since he was a former president, they were overlooked.Like what?

George Gervin's Afro
09-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Actually, Jimmy Carter has engaged in activities that would be against the law for everyone else (and probably were for him) but, since he was a former president, they were overlooked.

This isn't about free speech. I wasn't advocating he not be allowed to publish the oped. I just posted a piece where Abrams ably put the lie to the nonsense Carter has been spreading for over 3 decades.

Care to talk about content yet?

how do you feel about liars?

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 08:10 PM
how do you feel about liars?
How do you feel about Jimmy Carter's lies?

George Gervin's Afro
09-08-2009, 08:20 PM
How do you feel about Jimmy Carter's lies?

how do feel about politicians who lie?

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 08:37 PM
how do feel about politicians who lie?
Just say you don't want to talk about the issue presented and move on.

George Gervin's Afro
09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Just say you don't want to talk about the issue presented and move on.

I wouldn't want to answer that question either. DOn't expect anyone to answer your questions from here on out.

ChumpDumper
09-08-2009, 08:46 PM
OK, let's say Palestinians have never had it so good.

Now what?

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't want to answer that question either. DOn't expect anyone to answer your questions from here on out.
I detest liars.

Okay, now go on with your attempt to change the subject to "Bush lied, people died," without actually quoting the lie.

So, can the rest of us go on with the topic or just let the thread die at the hand of another BDS hijacker?

Oh yeah, you speak for everyone?

DOn't expect anyone to answer your questions from here on out.

ChumpDumper
09-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I detest liars.:rollin

George Gervin's Afro
09-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I detest liars.

Okay, now go on with your attempt to change the subject to "Bush lied, people died," without actually quoting the lie.

So, can the rest of us go on with the topic or just let the thread die at the hand of another BDS hijacker?

Oh yeah, you speak for everyone?

No need to bring up your hero I am just going to prove everyone you support has lied. Then we are going to watch you squirm and defend the liars you like.

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 09:21 PM
No need to bring up your hero I am just going to prove everyone you support has lied. Then we are going to watch you squirm and defend the liars you like.
Why don't you start a "Yonivore Loves Liars" thread and quit hijacking this one?