PDA

View Full Version : manu ginobili... update

migs21
09-08-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.facebook.com/ManuGinobili?v=feed&story_fbid=161460333857

Just finished my workout. I'm soooo tired! Weights, jumping, sprints and shooting. Still out of shape, but getting there. 50 days to the season opener. Lots of time! /// Hoy me hicieron pelota! Estoy muy cansado, pero contento. Pesas, salto, piq...ues, tiro, un poco de todo. Todavía fuera de forma, pero mejorando y mucho. 50 días al debut! Falta un montón!

DPG21920
09-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice. Sounds like he is stepping up his routine. I for one cannot wait to see this beast unleashed this season.

benefactor
09-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Nice. Sounds like he is stepping up his routine. I for one cannot wait to see this beast unleashed this season.
:tu

http://www.nba.com/media/manuemotion_300_070518.jpg

EricB
09-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Good to know that he in reality is just getting into shape.

Thats what the preseason is for and I'm sure the first half of November he will have to come off the bench.

IMO should come off the bench all YEAR, but thats neither here nor there.

DPG21920
09-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I agree. I think Manu should come off of the bench, even when he is fully healthy. IMO there is so much fire power with RJ in the starting lineup, that you would not be maximizing RJ or Manu by playing them together the entire game.

EricB
09-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Agreed. Starting 5 should be IMRO

Duncan
McDyess
Jefferson
Mason
Parker

its balanced, it works, and it allows Ginobili, Blair, Hill to come off the bench and go full OUT.

Damn, Hill, Ginobili, Blair if they play to their potential is the best bench in the league!

TIMMYD!
09-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Good News

Thompson
09-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Damn, Hill, Ginobili, Blair if they play to their potential is the best bench in the league!

Not to mention somewhat unknown quantities (and possible pleasant surprises) in Mahinmi and Haislip, maybe even Hairston and Williams.

honestfool84
09-08-2009, 10:10 PM
i can't wait for the season to start.

dang.
get here already!!

silverblackfan
09-08-2009, 10:54 PM

Duncan
McDyess
Jefferson
Mason
Parker

its balanced, it works, and it allows Ginobili, Blair, Hill to come off the bench and go full OUT.

That is a pretty strong bench! Hopefully the scoring droughts of the last few years will dry up this year.

DPG21920
09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Ginobili automatically makes the bench strong, but there are still quite a few question marks imo.

I like the odds of some working out, but still.

Dex
09-08-2009, 11:47 PM

Duncan
McDyess
Jefferson
Mason
Parker

100% agree.

We need to get over the whole "Ginobili deserves to be a starter" thing. We know it. The orgo knows it. The world knows it. But he's still better coming off the bench.

If the Spurs play Ginobili as a starter, I just don't see there being enough shots to spread with that lineup. There is only one ball to go around.

If Manu is a starter, we have an amazing starting lineup (Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess, Duncan) with a relatively weak bench (Hill, Mason, Bonner, Blair, Ratliff). But if you switch Mason and Ginobili....suddenly you have a solid starting lineup and a solid bench.

I'd rather the hypothetical efficiency of the team be at 90% the entire game, then switch from 100% to 80% when the second string comes out. I'm tired of the starters having to come in to dig the bench out of holes they've dug.

EricB
09-09-2009, 12:31 AM
I'd probably take Ilgauskas, West, Gibson, Hickson, Moon and Powe over the Spurs bench. But I'd rank the Spurs a solid #2.

Powe with one leg?
Who the fuck is Hickson?
Illgauskas is slow as F
West meh
Gibson is an undersized shooting guard who can't guard his own shadow.

Color me unimpressed.

EricB
09-09-2009, 12:33 AM
100% agree.

We need to get over the whole "Ginobili deserves to be a starter" thing. We know it. The orgo knows it. The world knows it. But he's still better coming off the bench.

If the Spurs play Ginobili as a starter, I just don't see there being enough shots to spread with that lineup. There is only one ball to go around.

If Manu is a starter, we have an amazing starting lineup (Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess, Duncan) with a relatively weak bench (Hill, Mason, Bonner, Blair, Ratliff). But if you switch Mason and Ginobili....suddenly you have a solid starting lineup and a solid bench.

I'd rather the hypothetical efficiency of the team be at 90% the entire game, then switch from 100% to 80% when the second string comes out. I'm tired of the starters having to come in to dig the bench out of holes they've dug.

Yeah I really love the

McDyess
Duncan
Jefferson
Ginobili
Parker lineup in the 4th quarter.

But again, Ginobili coming from the bench adds an element that lacked IMO from last year's team.

Energy.

The team if you look back had no "oomph" during a game.

Sure they had runs, sure they had spurts, but they never had that "Wow where the F did that come from" run from the bench that changed games.

Look at all the championship teams the SPurs have put out there and look at their bench and the energy players.

Manu-of-steel
09-09-2009, 04:37 AM
great news!

Agloco
09-09-2009, 09:21 AM

Thats what the preseason is for and I'm sure the first half of November he will have to come off the bench.

I agree. I think Manu should come off of the bench, even when he is fully healthy. IMO there is so much fire power with RJ in the starting lineup, that you would not be maximizing RJ or Manu by playing them together the entire game.

This.

ducks
09-09-2009, 09:40 AM
http://www.facebook.com/ManuGinobili?v=feed&story_fbid=161460333857

Just finished my workout. I'm soooo tired! Weights, jumping, sprints and shooting. Still out of shape, but getting there. 50 days to the season opener. Lots of time! /// Hoy me hicieron pelota! Estoy muy cansado, pero contento. Pesas, salto, piq...ues, tiro, un poco de todo. Todavía fuera de forma, pero mejorando y mucho. 50 días al debut! Falta un montón!

what happens when you facebook twitter only

hater
09-09-2009, 09:43 AM
what happens when you facebook twitter only

english, motherfucker

rjv
09-09-2009, 09:47 AM
i am getting pumped about the season. i am in that group who fully expects manu to be back to the manu of old this season.

pad300
09-09-2009, 10:19 AM

Duncan
McDyess
Jefferson
Mason
Parker

I'm not sure I'd call that starting lineup balanced... The thing about it is that there are 4 guys who need shots in it (everybody except McDyess, and even he should get a few plays called for him). I'd much rather have a strong perimeter defender playing in Mason's spot (especially if he had a reliable 3 ball) who doesn't need shots. This is one of the reasons I had really been hoping to get Bruce back... (in Finley's spot somehow).

Also, the 2nd unit that this sets up is

pick 2 from (Blair/Mahinmi/Bonner/Ratliff/Haislip)
Finley
Ginobili
Hill

Which doesn't exactly have a lot of major offensive options besides Gino. Gino playing 3 and Mason at 2 would give that stronger options.

I'd really like the spurs to try and keep 2 or 3 20pt/40min guys on the floor at all times this year. They currently have 4 such players (Duncan, Manu, Jefferson, and Parker) who can get that without screwing up the offense. If we can find a 5th such guy (not neccesarily one who gets heavy minutes - he just has to be efficient when he gets them), we should be able to fiddle the lineup into something nasty. 3 spots * 48 MPG = 144 minutes.

Duncan (30), Manu (30), Tony (35) and RJ (35) = 130 minutes. If we can find 15 MPG of efficient scoring somewhere, we ought to be able to put a really effective offensive team on the floor at all times.

BadMoodBob
09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Ginobili, Hill, Blair...

The rest of the league has no idea what's in store for it.

A storm is brewing in San Antonio.

PDXSpursFan
09-09-2009, 10:56 AM

Completely disagree. He should start, but his minutes need to be carefully managed. The "spark of the bench" crap doesn't make sense anymore on this team as we can simply keep 2 out of the big 4 on the court during the whole game.

crc21209
09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Good to hear he's jumping and sprinting now :tu

Mel_13
09-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Maybe we didn't need today's update with photo:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs210.snc1/7724_147280946933_71769686933_3568429_7371143_n.jp g

mytespurs
09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Yep, he went for his annual check up and cleaning-says he doesn't like going to the dentist, never will!

This guy lives his life on the web! :lol

And I love it!!!

Simple Jack
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
thats how I roll

Chieflion
09-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Color me unimpressed with your lack of substance.

Gibson is better than Hill.
West is better than Finley or Mason(a starter).
Ilgauskas is way better than any big man that the Spurs have.
Powe is also better, but his health is a question.
Ginobili obviously murders his matchup with either West or Moon, but that's the only advantage the Spurs have at all on their bench. And if you look at it in terms of comparing sixth men... Ilgauskas is not that far behind Manu.
McDyess > Ilgauskas
In fact, it can even be argued Hill plays better defense and is more efficient than Gibson who has been irrelevant this year. Powe cannot even play at least for the first half of the season. Hickson, on the other hand, is unproven commodity. You can argue they are a good team but definitely not the consensus number 1 bench in the league.

BlackBellamy
09-10-2009, 12:16 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs210.snc1/7724_147280946933_71769686933_3568429_7371143_n.jp g

Kinda looks like a robot is cleaning his teeth as a tiny person perched on his shoulder cleans his ear. That would be a baller-ass way to spend some NBA scrulla'. You s'pose the Spurs have a player dental plan and us ticket holders payed for his invisalign braces?

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Kinda looks like a robot is cleaning his teeth as a tiny person perched on his shoulder cleans his ear.

:lol

EricB
09-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Color me unimpressed with your lack of substance.

Gibson is better than Hill.
West is better than Finley or Mason(a starter).
Ilgauskas is way better than any big man that the Spurs have.
Powe is also better, but his health is a question.
Ginobili obviously murders his matchup with either West or Moon, but that's the only advantage the Spurs have at all on their bench. And if you look at it in terms of comparing sixth men... Ilgauskas is not that far behind Manu.

Better than McDyess?!?!

:lmao

Kill yourself.

HarlemHeat37
09-10-2009, 03:04 PM
LOL @ Daniel Gibson being better than Hill..

They put up almost the EXACT same numbers last year, except George played 7 minutes less per game..that also doesn't account for Hill being a very good defensive player, and Gibson being one of the worst defensive players in the entire NBA(if you don't believe me, ask Cavs fans)..

Gibson is a better 3-point shooter, while Hill is significantly better at every other aspect of basketball..

hater
09-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Ilgauskas is not that far behind Manu.

:lmao :lmao:lmao

Steve Jobs
09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Jackson for Manu, takers?