PDA

View Full Version : Stockton’s Legacy: Small In Stature, Big In Heart

duncan228
09-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Stockton’s legacy: Small in stature, big in heart (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-stocktonhall090809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Fran Blinebury

If Michael Jordan was Pegasus, the winged stallion galloping across the sky, then John Stockton was the sturdy plow horse who relished putting on the yoke each morning for another trip through the fields.

If Jordan’s brilliance was impulsive and rule-breaking like the artistry of Salvador Dali, then Stockton’s was as relentless and single-minded as the stone masons who constructed the great pyramids.

For nearly two decades they were the yin and the yang of the NBA, each one the counterweight to the other. While Jordan soared over the game, Stockton bored right through it like a diamond-tipped drill bit.

It is then quite fitting that the pair should be inducted into the Hall of Fame together, Class of 2009. But with so much attention focused on the highlight-reel career of Jordan, it is easy to overlook the down-to-earth exploits of Stockton. And quite foolish.

The sheer numbers are mind-bending. Stockton is on top of the NBA career list for assists with 15,806, and that’s more than 5,000 ahead of the No. 2 man, Mark Jackson. He’s also the league’s all-time leader in steals with 3,265, and that is ahead of the runner-up – Jordan – by more than 700.

Stockton owns five of the top six assist seasons in NBA history, holds the record for most seasons and most consecutive games played for one team and he’s third behind only Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Robert Parish in total games played.

In 19 grueling NBA regular-season marathons, he missed only 22 of 1,526 games, 18 of those in a single year when doctors told him he needed knee surgery, but Stockton chose merely to sit out a few weeks and returned to finish out the schedule.

“He worked harder than you,” said Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan. “That was his secret.

“He’s one of the most unique players you’ll ever run across. You can talk about all the things he tried to do. But first of all, you’ve got to look at his stature. He’s not a very big guy. And yet he played as strong and tough as anybody could.”

The son of a Spokane, Wash., saloon keeper chipped the flinty edge to his game on the rough-and-tumble driveway of the family home against older brother Steve and friends, who showed no mercy on the elementary school kid, the smallest player on the court.

Stockton was only 5-5 as a ninth grader at Gonzaga Prep when he’d phone his freshman coach, Ed Smith, on Sundays after church.

“He’d say, ‘Open the gym and bring your fat friends,’ ” Smith told the Spokane Spokesman-Review. “He’d play his butt off and get mad if he got beat by a 25-year-old man.”

Brick walls are stubborn and unforgiving, just slightly less hard and unbending as Stockton. While Jordan changed even the style of the game, ushering in the era of the long and baggy shorts, Stockton’s sartorial simplicity showed off his legs at mid-thigh from his rookie year to his final season. As Jordan progressed from curly-haired youngster to shining bald marketing icon, the guy-next-door Stockton wore the same hairstyle from junior high. Did he even get his hair cut? Did it ever grow?

In the hip-hop world of the 21st-century NBA, he was a throwback as quaint as bobby sox and penny loafers.

All the while and all the games and all the seasons, he and Karl Malone lived and thrived on the most basic play in the game, the pick-and-roll, and they did it again and again and again because it worked. Nothing fancy. No need to change.

While Jordan seemed to always challenge the rules of physics each time he stepped onto – and floated above – the court, Stockton was all about the geometry. He saw every angle for every pass and every play that constantly unfolded in his mind’s eye ahead of everyone else.

“I try to take what the defense gives me and never think ahead that I’m going to try to get this or that,” he said. “I just do what I have to do. I try to keep it simple.”

When somebody once asked him why he never dunked the basketball, even in an open-court, breakaway situation, Stockton merely looked back with those piercing eyes, shook his head and grinned. If you had to ask, you couldn’t understand.

“There absolutely, positively will never be another John Stockton,” said Malone.

Black and white. Short and tall. Poetry and prose. For all of their differences, what Stockton brought to the game was as singular as Jordan’s bag of tricks. The raw talent was never as important as the raw determination.

Jordan used to wear teammates out, and literally beat them up on the practice court. Sloan’s favorite memory of Stockton also is in practice.

“He was beaten one time in 19 years running laterals, suicide drills, across the floor,” Sloan recalled. “That’s after he was 40-some years old. It wasn’t about him proving that he was still the best. He just wanted to do everything the best he could to try to help the team, try to win.”

All that was ever required to be Ground Stockton was attitude. Yet he’s the only one and that speaks volumes.

If Michael Jordan was as spectacular and jaw-dropping as a Maui sunset, John Stockton was as relentless as the tides, no less a force of nature.

Related Video

Stockton's start: John Stockton Raw: Breaking into the NBA

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/NBA_News/15396222;_ylt=As2rtmmlGOTvVIQMLlr3gLkQmNIF

Culburn369
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
In cruel irony Stockton was a very selfish player. He'd commonly eschew the gimme shot in order to shovel it off in hopes of goosing his assist count. Must have been maddening to any fan of the Jazz that had an ounce of common sense.

baseline bum
09-08-2009, 10:32 PM
In cruel irony Stockton was a very selfish player. He'd commonly eschew the gimme shot in order to shovel it off in hopes of goosing his assist count. Must have been maddening to any fan of the Jazz that had an ounce of common sense.

Damn, you don't like giving credit to any non-Laker player, do you?

lil_penny
09-08-2009, 10:42 PM

Pay your respects son

balli
09-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Laker fans dislike him because he knocks Magic off the list of greatest point guard. If I needed a straight up point guard I would take Stockton over Magic, but if I needed the better player I would go with Magic.

That's always been my take. Stockton was the better PG, but Magic transcended the position.

Culburn369
09-09-2009, 04:18 AM

Please. I'm always sucking Manu's knob, and peeking looks at Perkins knob, AK's knob, Parker's knob, + a few others.

I just don't lock step. It's my religion.

hater
09-09-2009, 09:31 AM

what a sad, pathetic lakerfan :downspin:

here are some of Stockton's highlights for the knowledgeable folks:

nbqdxlZr4_0

Stockton >>> Nash

Culburn369
09-09-2009, 09:41 AM
what a sad, pathetic lakerfan

tee, hee. My Stockton take always increases my goat herd. Never misses.

hater
09-09-2009, 09:44 AM
tee, hee. My Stockton take always increases my goat herd. Never misses.

so that's your sole purpose in here. how pathetic...

Culburn369
09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
so that's your sole purpose in here. how pathetic...

Isn't that the sole purpose of us all, hater? Your fandom provided the charter.

lefty
09-09-2009, 10:33 AM
That's because Stockton beat Magic Johnson, a former Laker, to become the all-time assist leader

Culburn369
09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
That's because Stockton beat Magic Johnson, a former Laker, to become the all-time assist leader

That's my point, peanut-for-a-brain: Stockton sacrificed the needs of the team for his own selfish agenda (assist totals). We all go to the dirt, he'll go ringless.

lefty
09-09-2009, 10:39 AM
That's my point, peanut-for-a-brain: Stockton sacrificed the needs of the team for his own selfish agenda (assist totals). We all go to the dirt, he'll go ringless.
OMFG :lmao

Culburn369
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
OMFG :lmao

Easy for you to laugh, Lefty, you've got 3 regular rings, + that strike 1. But, Stockton, he's bereft & totally so. I betcha he don't laugh.

tee, hee.

baseline bum
09-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Stockton doesn't have a ring because Karl Malone is a choking pussy. Stockton basically iced the championship with 41 seconds left in game 6 of the 98 Finals with his huge three to put Utah up 3, and what does Malone do on the next possession? Doesn't pay any attention to Jordan and falls flat on his ass as Jordan swipes the ball away from him. Then Jordan walks down the floor and wins the game. Season over. Warm Karl blows it again.

lefty
09-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Stockton doesn't have a ring because Karl Malone is a choking pussy. Stockton basically iced the championship with 41 seconds left in game 6 of the 98 Finals with his huge three to put Utah up 3, and what does Malone do on the next possession? Doesn't pay any attention to Jordan and falls flat on his ass as Jordan swipes the ball away from him. Then Jordan walks down the floor and wins the game. Season over. Warm Karl blows it again.

Very well put. :tu

And everybody will remember Jordan's shot instead of Malone's gaffe.

mingus
09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Isn't that the sole purpose of us all, hater? Your fandom provided the charter.

so you waste your time trying to get people on here to hate you?

:lmao

get a life!

mingus
09-09-2009, 01:19 PM
unfortunately, i wasn't old enough to watch Stockton play when he was in his prime. can anybody give a brief comparison of (prime) Stockton and Chris Paul? who would you take n your team?

lefty
09-09-2009, 01:23 PM
unfortunately, i wasn't old enough to watch Stockton play when he was in his prime. can anybody give a brief comparison of (prime) Stockton and Chris Paul? who would you take n your team?
Stockton

Just because he is old school and has a higher BB IQ

He was also more clutch and a better defender (despite CP3's spg numbers)

Stock wasa better ball handler too; don't get me started on CP3 carrying the ball

Stock was a better outside shooter too

balli
09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah, he got his steals by picking off dribblers, not sagging off his man into the passing lanes ala Paul.

And Stockton was a LOT stronger than Paul is. People don't realize just how cut he was, but John Stockton was one of the most well-conditioned and hardened athletes to have ever graced the NBA court.

I was watching game 6 of the 97 finals the other day and just marveling at a play where Stockton bodied up MJ in the high post and forced him into a bad jumpshot with a hand in his eyes. I re-watched it like 5 times. Paul couldn't pull off that kind of D if his life depended on it.

ambchang
09-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Despite him being on the Jazz, Stockton was one of the players that I really liked. The way he ran the offense, and played hard-nosed (sometimes dirty) defense gave the impression that any guy can play the game at a HoF level.

Truth is, Stockton was deceptively quick, has one of the highest bball IQ, and handles the ball like no other.

He's #2 on my PG list, right behind Magic, and in front of Isiah Thomas.

nkdlunch
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM

Paul is faster and stronger than Stockton ever was, but Stockton was more skilled, better shooter and better on and off ball IQ.

also, Stockton was a little dirty ala Nash. But not a big time flopper like Paul.

balli
09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Paul is faster and stronger than Stockton ever was
Not even close to as strong. And durability? Paul's missed more games in 4 years than Stockton did in 19.

nkdlunch
09-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Not even close to as strong. And durability? Paul's missed more games in 4 years than Stockton did in 19.

not talking about durability. Strong and fast goes to CP3. Dude can elevate and make the shot even with a big's body on top of him.

duncan228
09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Stockton Always Came Ready to Play (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-stocktonalwayscamere&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

—> —>Suppose you were a player for the John Stockton-Karl Malone Jazz teams of the '90s, and suppose you were feeling a bit of soreness flaring up in your knee just before a game. Not unbearable pain, but enough to give you a limp. And suppose you took that limp into the locker room. Well, there was one quick cure for that hitch in your step-a Stockton stare.

"That was all it took," former Jazz center Mark Eaton said. "A guy would come limping into the locker room and he would get that look from John. All the sudden, the limp would go away. He didn't need to say anything. But you knew the way things were in John's eyes. If you could walk, you could play, and if you could play, you were 100 percent."

Over the course of 19 seasons, durability was one of Stockton's strengths, and he demanded the same from teammates. He suited up for 1,504 out of a possible 1,526 games, only missing time for two stretches of his career. That's one reason he was able to establish an incredible NBA record for career assists, with 15,806-well ahead of Mark Jackson, No. 2 on the list at 10,334. It's also a big part of the reason Stockton will get the call from the Hall of Fame on Friday. He played through sore knees. He played through illness. He even played for the Dream Team in the 1992 Olympics despite a stress fracture in his leg.

"I will tell you, there was one year in the early'90s and we were playing Seattle in the playoffs," said Jazz assistant coach Phil Johnson. "John had an elbow injury, and he could not lift his right arm. He spent most of the series dribbling with his left hand. He even considered shooting free throws with his left hand, but he did not want to let the Sonics know that he was hurt. He never told the press, never told anyone. After the season, he had surgery on his elbow. No one ever knew. We knew in the locker room only because he didn't want to hurt the team. But he hated for anyone outside to ever know he was hurt."

There was more to Stockton than merely staying on the court and his famed reluctance to let the media know about his injuries (or to let the media know anything else, for that matter). His toughness and work ethic were big parts of his identity, but they should not overshadow the fact that he was, arguably, the greatest natural playmaker in NBA history and perhaps the best point guard ever to run the pick-and-roll. He led the league in assists nine straight times, from the 1987-88 to the 1995-96 seasons, and put up a record 14.5 assists per game in 1989-90. He holds the NBA career record for steals (3,265), also by a wide margin. And, when needed, he could shoot-Stockton made 51.5 percent from the field in his career, and 38.4 percent from the 3-point line.

"You could say he was the perfect player in the way he handled himself, the way he prepared himself to play," coach Jerry Sloan said. "He is one of the few guys who when you watched him play point guard, from the time he started off as a little guy, he was always facing the basket. He never played with his back to the basket."

Despite his gaudy numbers, Stockton seemed surprised to have been selected for the Hall of Fame. He was, after all, a little-known point guard out of Gonzaga-the first player from Gonzaga to play in the NBA-when he was drafted in 1984 with the No. 16 pick, just after Jay Humphries, Michael Cage and Terence Stansbury. Jazz fans booed heartily at his selection, though it didn't take long for Stockton to change that first impression. In April, when he learned of his impending induction, Stockton said, "Growing up, I never thought about the Hall of Fame," Stockton said. "All I wanted was a chance to go to college."

He got that, of course. And much, much more. Stockton remains the NBA's gold standard for playmakers, and it's hard to imagine someone even nearing his assists record. "When I am asked about John," Johnson said, "I go to what (late Jazz owner) Larry Miller used to say: John Stockton is exactly what you would want him to be."

angelbelow
09-09-2009, 04:19 PM
one of the greatest players of all time.

Hornets1
09-09-2009, 05:22 PM
People comparing Stockton and Paul just need to stop. Paul is trying to be that "perfect PG" like Stockton was. Stockton was a sensei in the halfcourt offense.Paul came out a little earlier to the NBA(which is obviously a lot more common), and is only 24. How about waiting another 10 years(at least) before you compare careers. The facts and stats that follow Stockton's career are unheard-of. Made the playoffs all 19 years(Paul missed it in his 1st two, even though it was with a group of d-leaguers).

I agree that Magic transcended the position and was prolly the better all-around player, but Stockton was the best pure PG ever. For Chris Paul to get close to career stats w/ Stockton, he would need another 14-15 healthy seasons(prolly not likely).

Stockton deserves his moment in the sun being easily picked into the HOF, and this thread should be filled with nothing but well-wishers and praise.

Culburn369
09-09-2009, 07:05 PM
so you waste your time trying to get people on here to hate you?

Just squarin' the house.

Lars
09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Probably the best pure point guard the game has ever seen. His durability and clutch shooting are what stands out to me. CP3 may challenge him as second best point guard ever at the end of his career though.

ezau
09-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Stockton was the classic basketball player with zero athletic ability. Then again, his skill set was so advanced he didn't need athleticism. Shame he didn't win a single championship but needless to say, he was the greatest player to play the position.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 03:13 AM
Shame he didn't win a single championship

He got what he deserved...his karma ruled his dogma.

ambchang
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
He should have raped someone then buy his wife a $4M make up diamond ring, so that his karma would allow him to win 1+3 rings.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 09:46 AM
He should have raped someone then buy his wife a $4M make up diamond ring, so that his karma would allow him to win 1+3 rings.

He seemed more than satisfied just to pass the ball, amb.

tee, hee.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 09:52 AM
People comparing Stockton and Paul just need to stop. Paul is trying to be that "perfect PG" like Stockton was. Stockton was a sensei in the halfcourt offense.Paul came out a little earlier to the NBA(which is obviously a lot more common), and is only 24. How about waiting another 10 years(at least) before you compare careers. The facts and stats that follow Stockton's career are unheard-of. Made the playoffs all 19 years(Paul missed it in his 1st two, even though it was with a group of d-leaguers).

I agree that Magic transcended the position and was prolly the better all-around player, but Stockton was the best pure PG ever. For Chris Paul to get close to career stats w/ Stockton, he would need another 14-15 healthy seasons(prolly not likely).

Stockton deserves his moment in the sun being easily picked into the HOF, and this thread should be filled with nothing but well-wishers and praise.

Wow, It's really nice to read a post like this coming from a non-homer. I feel the exact same way, but i'm from the homeland so thanks hornets1 you are the sensible son representing your team well.

ambchang
09-10-2009, 10:40 AM
He seemed more than satisfied just to pass the ball, amb.

tee, hee.

Passing the ball is bad karma.
Committing adultery is good karma.

Thanks for the overview on cosmic theology.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Passing the ball is bad karma.
Committing adultery is good karma.

Thanks for the overview on cosmic theology.

Never said such.

He passed the ball to a huge fault. Magic was faced with the same dilemma early on in his career. He could've immersed himself in the lure of the easy path, the one of least resistance, but, he did permit himself to be seduced in that manner and he mastered what "frightened" him. Stockton chose a different path, and once that path was chosen he never deviated an iota.

His regrets are his own.

balli
09-10-2009, 11:10 AM
You Lakers fags are fucking losers. Get the fuck out of the thread if you just want to talk shit. You can't let one thread about an all time great and hall of fame inductee go by without trashing it up with your garbage? Fuck you both.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:11 AM
You Lakers fags are fucking losers. Get the fuck out of the thread if you just want to talk shit. You can't let one thread about an all time great and hall of fame inductee go by without trashing it up with your garbage? Fuck you both.

Stings, don't it? Sucks, huh? Tit for tat.

balli
09-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Tit fir tat? Dude I don't even know who the fuck you are; other than a troll and a gaping fucking asshole. And yes it's bothersome that your choosing to be so in a thread where you have no business posting in the first place.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Comparing Stockton to Magic is like comparing Alex English to Jordan.

Idk why there's so much Stockton hate but this :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao was too perfect.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Tit fir tat? Dude I don't even know who the fuck you are; other than a troll and a gaping fucking asshole. And yes it's bothersome that your choosing to be so in a thread where you have no business posting in the first place.

Horseshit. My points about Stockton are incendiary yes, but, I devoutly believe them. They're spoken out of years of thought & consideration. I didn't stoop to calling him a "faggot" or "gay" or some such other nonsense that the Spurs Fandom invented and use constantly. I stuck to the facts as I see them. And I ain't backin' down. When I'm wrong on this Forum I admit it and have numerous times. I ain't wrong here. Stockton was selfish & afraid and it cost him, his team an NBA Championship. He had a golden opportunity to do something special and he pissed it away to rewrite record books. It ain't death, but, its a tragedy nonetheless.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Idk why there's so much Stockton hate but this :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao was too perfect.

Shut the fuck up bitch..that shit wasn't even worth a pitty laugh... That fucker spews comments out of his anus that make him nothing more than a fucking lakers vagina.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Horseshit. My points about Stockton are incendiary yes, but, I devoutly believe them. They're spoken out of years of thought & consideration. I didn't stoop to calling him a "faggot" or "gay" or some such other nonsense that the Spurs Fandom invented and use constantly. I stuck to the facts as I see them. And I ain't backin' down. When I'm wrong on this Forum I admit it and have numerous times. I ain't wrong here. Stockton was selfish & afraid and it cost him, his team an NBA Championship. He had a golden opportunity to do something special and he pissed it away to rewrite record books. It ain't death, but, its a tragedy nonetheless.

So stockton was selfish in being too unselfish?? you are a fucking moron!

balli
09-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I will never forget Stockton walking off the court like the loser he was in his last game. He could never lead his team in the big game. Magic kept a foot in his ass, and you morons/mormons had to swallow a fat one to see your greatest player come to LA.

Whatever dude. I hope your whole family dies. Later.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 11:25 AM
I will never forget Stockton walking off the court like the loser he was in his last game. He could never lead his team in the big game. Magic kept a foot in his ass, and you morons/mormons had to swallow a fat one to see your greatest player come to LA.

Malone was pretty much done that year... I think him leaving was for the best...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
So stockton was selfish in being too unselfish?? you are a fucking moron!

Idk if it's true at all but Cubby is saying that Stockton often times held onto the ball to long in order to rack up assists. Assists don't automatically = unselfishness, but in the games I've watched (which have been a lot recently now that I have NBA TV), I don't see Stockton ever doing that.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Answer the question Jazzy; what makes Stockton the perfect PG. Right now I have Zeke and Magic ahead of him in every category, except for durability.

Look in the record books bitch. Watch a fucking game. Nobody said stockton was better than magic. Magic was a fucking hybrid. But fuck that I'd take stockton over zeke any day of the week pimple dick!

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
And Stockton was a "loser"...that is the model, the template that was struck about the time Bird & Magic showed up. Winning championships against decades of denial, Media sure it could not be done, extreme pressure came to bear. Magic evolved his game to encompass and defeat his demons, he had not fled Media's trap, but, had soundly defeated it. Well, by God if it was important enough to goad & torment Magic with then every other mf'er is going to be exposed to that flame,,,that expectation, no,,,,no,,,no exceptions. That includes Stockton.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
he wants to either shoot, or be the one passing to the guy that shoots.

Idk if this is true with Stockton, but this is why I can't stand assists being so associated with unselfishness. For example, Chris Paul gets tons of assists, and he's one of the most selfish players in the NBA.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Idk if it's true at all but Cubby is saying that Stockton often times held onto the ball to long in order to rack up assists. Assists don't automatically = unselfishness, but in the games I've watched (which have been a lot recently now that I have NBA TV), I don't see Stockton ever doing that.

Dude Ive watched those games my entire childhood and stockton made careers for some guys. Go ask those guys how selfish stockton is.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:31 AM
So stockton was selfish in being too unselfish?

Precisely! The light goes on. There is hope!

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 11:32 AM
What do the Jazz have to show for having two of the leagues all-time greats, NOTHING!!! Nothing but a bunch of salty attitudes. And we're gonna stick it in deep, again this year. Kobe sent Malone packing with such a tarnished rep, he doesn't even dare to show his face. Yeah, I know, he's selling chickens...:lmao

But Kobe has such a fucking spotless rep. I guess rape is acceptable in lakerland. Kobe can't fuck no ones rep up. That fucker had to bribe his own wife to stay with his ass. Need I link a youtube video of Kobe owning up to God and the world for being a fuckface?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 11:34 AM
EXACTLY!!! Paul has the same syndrome. He wants all the credit, and wants to be involved in every play. Stockton was the king of that. I'm glad you noticed. Zeke had it early on too, but he got tired of losing.

I haven't watched enough Stockton to make a judgment, but there's a reason why Phil Jackson has won 10 championships and has never wanted anything to do with PG's who love racking up assists.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 11:35 AM
That fucker had to bribe his own wife to stay with his ass.

Not like his wife would be with him in the first place if he wasn't rich.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Look in the record books bitch. Watch a fucking game. Nobody said stockton was better than magic. Magic was a fucking hybrid. But fuck that I'd take stockton over zeke any day of the week pimple dick!

Thomas was a winner. He shed Magic when he felt Magic was "seducing" him at the expense of his team's goals. Was Magic? Who knows, but, Thomas was wise enough to put his own needs away and venture ahead.

Stockton was a loser. He must have known what he was sacrificing as he strove toward the records and accolades, but, he could not deny himself HIS glory. It was easier than what he'd seen Magic & Thomas endure to find their deliverance.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Thomas was a winner. He shed Magic when he felt Magic was "seducing" him at the expense of his team's goals. Was Magic? Who knows, but, Thomas was wise enough to put his own needs away and venture ahead.

Stockton was a loser. He must have known what he was sacrificing as he strove toward the records and accolades, but, he could not deny himself HIS glory. It was easier than what he'd seen Magic & Thomas endure to find their deliverance.

Have you not watched the fucking playoffs?? All those series the jazz won they won cuz of stockton. He took over when it mattered. Even the couple of games they won against the bulls it was stockton. He wanted the last shot. He turned into a scorer late in games. Ask the fucking houston rockets. Was it his fault that he had to go against the greatest player to ever step foot on a court??? If your lakers team now went against that bulls team then you would fucking get raped! STFU!

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:42 AM
He took over when it mattered.

If he had we wouldn't be having this convo.

He's Nash, Jr. I'm mean Sr.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
If he had we wouldn't be having this convo.

He's Nash, Jr. I'm mean Sr.

Cuz he could not outdo jordan?? Now you're just being stupid. Name one fucking player who could?? They had the best record in the league and beat everyone but the bulls. You should see how upset he gets when they lost. Thats not fucking selfish my friend. Kobe shooting 30-40 shots per game sounds more selfish to me!

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
"Cuz he could not outdo jordan??"

No. Because he puts the needs of the many aside for the needs of the one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 11:52 AM
We would crush that Bulls team.

I hope that's not serious.

ambchang
09-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Never said such.

He passed the ball to a huge fault. Magic was faced with the same dilemma early on in his career. He could've immersed himself in the lure of the easy path, the one of least resistance, but, he did permit himself to be seduced in that manner and he mastered what "frightened" him. Stockton chose a different path, and once that path was chosen he never deviated an iota.

His regrets are his own.

So here is Stockton, the all-time assists leader, someone who shot 51.5% from the field, 82.6% from the FT line, and 38.4% from the 3 pt line. Someone who nailed clutch shot after clutch shot for the Jazz, someone who averaged 13.1 ppg for his career. And only petty Laker fans can find fault in how he played.

When he first joined the Jazz, the Jazz were playing him about 20 mpg, and ranked 20 or 21st out of 23 teams in the league in offense. The year Stockton played 35mpg, the ranking jumped to 15th out of 23, despite having the same coach and a similar system. During Stockton's prime, the Jazz were routinely top 7 in the league in offensive rating, this, remember, from a team that finished the top 3 or 4 teams in offensive rating but a few years back, and it the PG is wrong in passing the ball?

I am sure this has nothing to do with him breaking Magic's assists record.

Hornets1
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
EXACTLY!!! Paul has the same syndrome. He wants all the credit, and HAS to be involved in every play for the Hornets to win. Stockton was the king of that. I'm glad you noticed. Zeke had it early on too, but he got tired of losing.

Fixed. Take the ball out of Paul's hands and the Hornets lose games b/c of it. If he was the PG on the Lakers w/ a team full of all-stars and was still the same way, i'd more than agree.

An average Hornets game; Starters and Posey play the 1st, and the Hornets are usually winning after the 1st; Then Paul sits to start out the 2nd quarter. How long does he sit? However long it would take our bench to lose the lead. I think we have a lot more depth and will see the ball out of Paul's hands more often this year. Collison WILL be an upgrade at the backup PG position.

ambchang
09-10-2009, 12:00 PM
I haven't watched enough Stockton to make a judgment, but there's a reason why Phil Jackson has won 10 championships and has never wanted anything to do with PG's who love racking up assists.

Because Jackson can date his boss's daughter?

ambchang
09-10-2009, 12:05 PM
LOL, Laker fans are such idiots (at least the ones on this thread).
The Jazz didn't win because of having a choker in Karl Malone, and Greg Ostertag/Mark Eaton at center instead of Jabbar.

While the Jazz was still stacked (explaining why they did so well), talent wise, they were no match for the Celtics and the Lakers, or even the Pistons of the late 80s. The 90s were dominated by the Bulls, and with Hakeem and his 3 pt specialists around him, the Jazz were not able to breakthrough.

Sure Stockton never won the title, but to call him a loser because of that, and put all the burden on him because of it, was about as black and white as you can get.

Lars
09-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Not crush, but I like our chances.

Fish vs Kerr/Hollywood/BJ
Kobe vs MJ
Artest vs Pip
Pau vs Grant/DRod
Bynum vs Longley/Perdue/King/Cartwright

Sixth man
LO vs Kucok

MJ never faced a team as good as this Laker team. I'm going ahead of everyone, like always do with my bold predictions and saying that Artest is going to give this Laker team that defensive edge the same way KG did for Boston. KG's intensity transformed that team and because of that identity, they were allowed to do a lot more pushing, and holding on their way to the title.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Oh wow, you were actually on a roll until this gem.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 12:07 PM

Kobe vs MJ
Artest vs Pip
Pau vs Grant/DRod

Sixth man
LO vs Kucok

MJ never faced a team as good as this Laker team. I'm going ahead of everyone, like always do with my bold predictions and saying that Artest is going to give this Laker team that defensive edge the same way KG did for Boston. KG's intensity transformed that team and because of that identity, they were allowed to do a lot more pushing, and holding on their way to the title.

Bullshit!! That is homerism at its best. No team in these era of basketball would beat the bulls. You guys are kobe to the bulls jordan.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
And only petty Laker fans can find fault in how he played.

I am sure this has nothing to do with him breaking Magic's assists record.

Me personally?..You can take all the records, MVPs, COYs, ROYs, all that happy horseshit and keep it. I tote up one accomplishment: NBA Champion. That's it. There is nothing else.

---

And I find fault with Stockton because that is the last word in success: NBA Champion. That is how it's been represented for the past 30 years, since Magic & Bird came onto the scene. It is how Media wanted it, and that is how it was dealt out. Well, if that is the first & last judgment for my people,,,then just because Stockton is white and he's from Utah does not excuse his utter failure.

And that's just the way its gonna be on this Forum.

mavs>spurs2
09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Lmfao at Stockton being a "loser" because his prime coincided with MJ's. And like someone pointed out, Stockton put his team in position to win but Malone choked. Stockton could have very easily been the only player to defeat Jordan in his prime. I guess everyone who played in the nba in the 90's was losers because MJ either kicked their asses or was in baseball.

Hornets1
09-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Bullshit!! That is homerism at its best. No team in these era of basketball would beat the bulls. You guys are kobe to the bulls jordan.

:toastThe 96 Bulls would absolutely porch-whip the current lakers. Jordan would outplay Kobe. Pippen would ruin Artest. Gasol would have 2 rebounds throughout the whole game going up against Rodman. Fisher might have a slight edge over Kerr as Bynum may over the Bulls centers; But it wouldn't matter, the bulls would win 9 times out of 10.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 12:13 PM

Kobe vs MJ
Artest vs Pip
Pau vs Grant/DRod

Sixth man
LO vs Kucok

Even with Artest, this Lakers team won't be nearly as good defensively as any of those Bulls teams were. Not even close.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 12:14 PM
:toastThe 96 Bulls would absolutely porch-whip the current lakers. Jordan would outplay Kobe. Pippen would ruin Artest. Gasol would have 2 rebounds throughout the whole game going up against Rodman. Fisher might have a slight edge over Kerr as Bynum may over the Bulls centers; But it wouldn't matter, the bulls would win 9 times out of 10.

Fisher would have an advantage over Kerr, but not over Ron Harper.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Lmfao at Stockton being a "loser" because his prime coincided with MJ's.

Never said such. Stockton is a loser because he was selfish and intractable in his quest for assists.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 12:18 PM
That weak Jazz team took the Bulls to six games, twice. I like our chances.

That weak jazz team would beat your lakers team.. Count on it bitch!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Rodman might average 10 offensive rebounds a game in a series against the Lakers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 12:23 PM
We're gonna find that out this year. What made the Bulls defense so good was allowing Pip to guard the other teams best wing player, and allowing MJ to roam. We have that in Ron if he comes to camp in shape. Now Kobe can roam and not worry about guarding guys like TMAC, WADE, JAMES, MELLO, and so on. I'm really excited about this team, because we easily won last season with our bench having a poor year. If they bounce back like the year before, its not going to be even close.

I agree Artest will enable Kobe to do that against the players you just listed, but Kobe sure as hell wouldn't be able to roam off Pippen when Artest is guarding Jordan.

I think we can all agree Jordan Pippen >>>>>>>>>> Kobe Artest

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm really excited about this team, because we easily won last season with our bench having a poor year. If they bounce back like the year before, its not going to be even close.

I think Culburn came again.

Lars
09-10-2009, 12:24 PM
We're gonna find that out this year. What made the Bulls defense so good was allowing Pip to guard the other teams best wing player, and allowing MJ to roam. We have that in Ron if he comes to camp in shape. Now Kobe can roam and not worry about guarding guys like TMAC, WADE, JAMES, MELLO, and so on. I'm really excited about this team, because we easily won last season with our bench having a poor year. If they bounce back like the year before, its not going to be even close.

rofl, you should probably watch some tape of Artest trying to guard people last year.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:27 PM
rofl, you should probably watch some tape of Artest trying to guard people last year.

You said the same thing last year when Artest played for you!

Hornets1
09-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Remember that game in LA last season when Paul held that ball too long and Fish stepped in for the crucial charge? Paul does that all the time, its just not noticeable to the untrained eye.

Really? By all the time, you might mean that one game. Paul was soo upset at himself after that game, and even admitted he was at fault directly after that play. I remember being shocked b/c it was so unexpected.

Not noticeable to the untrained eye? I watch every hornets game from beginning to end and attend about 25 games a year, b/c we have season tix 10 rows behind the Hornets' bench. The only way your arguement is valid is if you watch the Hornets play in games that aren't vs. the Lakers. I'm guessing you didn't watch more that 7 Hornets games last year......

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 12:37 PM
No No, Im saying this season. I agree Pip and MJ was a special duo, and outside of Rodman, the rest of the team were scrubs. Grant saved his best for Orlando. If we're playing with yesterdays rules, I really like our chances because Artest could put his hands on MJ, and Kobe would torch the shit of of Pip. That's how it would go down. PJ would have Pip guard Kobe, and MJ would be on Artest, and vice versa. The Bulls had no big men posting up at all. That team had some holes, they just were not exploited. MJ was smart by taking off during Hakeems reign.

They don't get Grant, I'm talking about the 96-98 Bulls, so Horance Grant isn't a factor.

And that team had more than scrubs outside of Rodman, MJ and Pippen. Ron Harper had perfected the hand check and was one of the league's most clutch shooters and best perimeter defenders. Toni Kukoc was the scoring punch off the bench that complimented Jordan and Pippen perfectly. Similar to Lamar Odom on LA, when Toni Kukoc was playing well, Chicago was unbeatable.

And why would Kobe torch the shit out of Pip? Pip is arguably the best perimeter defender of all time.....it's pretty impossible to argue that Kobe would be more productive with Pippen guarding him than Jordan would be with Artest guarding him.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 12:42 PM

You cant compare non-title teams with multiple title teams. Just be a good boy and live vicariously through teams that won it.

You can indeed compare two teams from different era's. 90's basketball>present days any day of the week. IMO teams now arent as good as those teams. I think the second best team in jordans prime years would have indeed one a championship or two in this era of basketball.

mavs>spurs2
09-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Those Jazz teams >> today's Laker team. In terms of both team chemistry and defense. Regardless of how much you like or dislike Stockton, all the smart basketball minds in this thread can agree on this

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Those Jazz teams >> today's Laker team. In terms of both team chemistry and defense. Regardless of how much you like or dislike Stockton, all the smart basketball minds in this thread can agree on this
:toast:toast:toast well said!

balli
09-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Today's Lakers team and yesterday's Lakers team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_NBA_Playoffs#.281.29_Utah_Jazz_vs._.284.29_Lo s_Angeles_Lakers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_NBA_Playoffs#.281.29_Utah_Jazz_vs._.283.29_Lo s_Angeles_Lakers

ambchang
09-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Me personally?..You can take all the records, MVPs, COYs, ROYs, all that happy horseshit and keep it. I tote up one accomplishment: NBA Champion. That's it. There is nothing else.

---

And I find fault with Stockton because that is the last word in success: NBA Champion. That is how it's been represented for the past 30 years, since Magic & Bird came onto the scene. It is how Media wanted it, and that is how it was dealt out. Well, if that is the first & last judgment for my people,,,then just because Stockton is white and he's from Utah does not excuse his utter failure.

And that's just the way its gonna be on this Forum.

No consideration for teammates, coaching, opposition, era, and dozens of other variables. Don't fault you though, because that is all the variables you can handle with your simplistic view of the world.

BTW, since when is that the way it is gonna be on this Forum? Did you define this? How do you enforce it?

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:53 PM
BTW, since when is that the way it is gonna be on this Forum? Did you define this? How do you enforce it?

Since I lit.

Yes.

Mere presence.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:56 PM

Yes, the only difference is: those Jazz teams failed chronologically to ring.

That is the boiler plate requirement and only the Lakers accomplished it.

Gentlemen, it is what it is.

Lars
09-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Bottom line is 90s Sonics, Spurs, Rockets, Bulls, Jazz, Suns were all better than Kobe's current team. A fair comparison would be the Heat or Knicks of the time. Lakerfan is especially entertaining today.

ambchang
09-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Since I lit.

Yes.

Mere presence.

:lol

Can't fault you though, there are more fools in this world than competent people, and sir, are the leader of their pack.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 01:34 PM

Can't fault you though, there are more fools in this world than competent people, and sir, are the leader of their pack.

Uh,,,,,,,,,thank, you.?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 01:37 PM
The 1996 Bulls would have Pippen guarding Kobe, and Ron Harper guarding Artest.
Jordan would still get to roam and focus on help D.

Lars
09-10-2009, 01:37 PM
You are really salty at Kobe's new dynasty, huh?

Dynasty :lol

You must of watched doin work this morning.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Careful, I've been nice to you Mavs fans lately. The Jazz were a good home team, and that's it. This Laker team will surpass the three-peat team in greatness.

The jazz were a good road team also back then ... Theres no shame in admitting most 90's teams could beat the current lakers team of today. It doesnt change the fact that they are the CURRENT best basketball team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Then you would hear Mike Breen saying... BANG!!! Derek Fisher with the dagger. Listen, I know that second Bulls team was great, and I think this current Laker team is going to be special, and you'd have to admit, they both would match up with each other.

I have no idea how this current Laker team is going to be. There are too many question marks for me to be comparing it to arguably the best team of all time. Artest could be as good a fit as Lakerfan thinks he will be, and he could be as bad a fit as Spurfan hopes he will be. Kobe could be good for several more years, or we could see a decent sized drop off in play from him this year. We don't know yet.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I have no idea how this current Laker team is going to be. There are too many question marks for me to be comparing it to arguably the best team of all time. Artest could be as good a fit as Lakerfan thinks he will be, and he could be as bad a fit as Spurfan hopes he will be. Kobe could be good for several more years, or we could see a decent sized drop off in play from him this year. We don't know yet.

DoK speaking with some logic. Color me impressed.

LoL at lakersfans recruiting DoK.. Then again if you recruit DoK you get Goran also.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Then again if you recruit DoK you get Goran also.

Phil Jackson tried to trade for Goran last year. If that ever happened, then I'd somehow have to be a Suns/Lakers fan. LA would be smart to get Dragic, a Dragic/Brown combo at PG would be a perfect triangle fit.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Phil Jackson tried to trade for Goran last year. If that ever happened, then I'd somehow have to be a Suns/Lakers fan. LA would be smart to get Dragic, a Dragic/Brown combo at PG would be a perfect triangle fit.

Dragic can't hold a flame to a fart of most nba point guards.

hater
09-10-2009, 02:02 PM
LA would be smart to get Dragic, a Dragic/Brown combo at PG would be a perfect triangle fit.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I really wish they would get dragic though

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:05 PM
DoK, what the fuck are you still sitting on the sidelines for. Come on over to where its good, man. You owe it to the Suns for fucking over their fan-base so many times. It would only be justice. For the life of me, I cant figure why you and sook are not Laker fans.

Lakaluva, I'd simply have no reason to cheer for LA (other than the fact they win a lot). I don't live and have never lived in SoCal, and there's no player on LA I'm a huge fan of. People have the freedom to cheer for whatever team they want, but I simply can't get genuinly cheer for a team passionately unless I have a connection to the city/area the team's in, or if I'm a huge fan of a player on that team.

The one thing I will say though, is I respect the mentality that 30th place and 2nd place are the exact same thing.

angelbelow
09-10-2009, 02:06 PM
There are only a few players in the NBA that are hard to hate, no matter how hard you try. I think John Stockton is one of them. Extremely hard worker and a class act, I can't think of a good reason to hate on him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Dragic can't hold a flame to a fart of most nba point guards.

Dragic outplayed Deron Williams when he was on the court during the last two Jazz Suns games last year. It was great to see him bust two straight threes in Deron's face.

hater
09-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Dragic outplayed Deron Williams when he was on the court during the last two Jazz Suns games last year. It was great to see him bust two straight threes in Deron's face.

2 straight threes in the NBA!!!!! :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:13 PM

2 straight threes in the NBA!!!!! :lol

You take shit too seriously. And like most of the Spursfans on this site who take shit too seriously, you're retarded.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:14 PM

LoL dude, I watched those games... dwill killed dragic

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:19 PM
You take shit too seriously. And like most of the Spursfans on this site who take shit too seriously, you're retarded.

Don't be a hater DoK!!

hater
09-10-2009, 02:19 PM

yeah the emoticons :lol show how seriously I take you

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
There are only a few players in the NBA that are hard to hate, no matter how hard you try. I think John Stockton is one of them. Extremely hard worker and a class act, I can't think of a good reason to hate on him.

Nobody hates him. He just needed to be held to the same standard as his fellows. And we've done that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
LoL dude, I watched those games... dwill killed dragic

D-Will killed Nash....don't get the two confused.

In the first of those two games, Dragic had 11 points in 13 minutes. His +/- was +3, while Nash's was +1.

The 2nd game of those two, the one the Suns lost, is what makes me laugh. In 45 minutes, Nash had a +/- of -10. In 13 minutes, Dragic had a +/- of +10.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:22 PM

yeah the emoticons :lol show how seriously I take you

The fact you spell emotions that way proves you're a dumb Argentinian.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:24 PM
D-Will killed Nash....don't get the two confused.

In the first of those two games, Dragic had 11 points in 13 minutes. His +/- was +3, while Nash's was +1.

The 2nd game of those two, the one the Suns lost, is what makes me laugh. In 45 minutes, Nash had a +/- of -10. In 13 minutes, Dragic had a +/- of +10.

But look at the direct minutes Dragic played Dwill head 2 head. He was in the second unit. Don't get me wrong, I was impressed with those 2 straight threes but lets be real. Dragic is a back up point guard.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Dragic is a back up point guard.

On a championship team, so is Nash.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Nobody hates him. He just needed to be held to the same standard as his fellows. And we've done that.

All you have done is make an ass hat out of yourself while trying and failing to prove a point you know people would laugh at. Now you have jizz on your face and are trying to justify it.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:26 PM
On a championship team, so is Nash.

Is Dwill?

hater
09-10-2009, 02:27 PM

Emoticon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
An emoticon is a textual portrayal of a writer's mood or facial expression. They are often used to alert a responder to the tenor or temper of a statement, and can change and improve interpretation of plain text. The word is a portmanteau of the English words emotion (or emote) and icon. In web forums, instant messengers and online games, text emoticons are often automatically replaced with small corresponding images, which came to be called emoticons as well. Examples of widely known emoticons are the smiley face :) and the frowny face :(

:lmao :lmao

you are one dumb bastard :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Is Dwill?

PG dominated teams don't win championships, so that's hard to say.

Idk why we're arguing here, it's not like I'm saying Dragic > D-Will, I just think it's dumb when people talk about Dragic like he has never shown the smallest glimpse of potential and has never played on a level better than complete dog shit, when he was the best PG on the team towards the end of the season.

in2deep
09-10-2009, 02:29 PM

what's your IQ, like 35?

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:31 PM
PG dominated teams don't win championships, so that's hard to say.

Idk why we're arguing here, it's not like I'm saying Dragic > D-Will, I just think it's dumb when people talk about Dragic like he has never shown the smallest glimpse of potential and has never played on a level better than complete dog shit, when he was the best PG on the team towards the end of the season.

Ok I agree with you there. Props to Dragic the great white magic ass hair!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:31 PM
:lmao :lmao

you are one dumb bastard :lmao

I honestly didn't know they made a word for those.

But this doesn't change the fact tons of people view you as one of the biggest idiots ST has to offer.

hater
09-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I honestly didn't know they made a word for those.

But this doesn't change the fact tons of people view you as one of the biggest idiots ST has to offer.

what's your IQ, like 35?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:34 PM
This is coming from the idiot who said Hedo Turkoglu > Dwight Howard.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Why is it that every single bandwagon Spurs fan from Argentina on this site is so dumb?

hater
09-10-2009, 02:36 PM
This is coming from the idiot who said Hedo Turkoglu > Dwight Howard.

feel free to post a link to that. can you handle the search function on your own?

hater
09-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Why is it that every single bandwagon Spurs fan from Argentina on this site is so dumb?

feel free to post another link where I state I am from Argentina.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:37 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

How do you know the dudes argentinian?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:38 PM
feel free to post a link to that.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127951

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:39 PM
feel free to post another link where I state I am from Argentina.

Yes or no: are you Argentinian?

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Oh shit, owned... LOL

hater
09-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Yes or no: are you Argentinian?

no

hater
09-10-2009, 02:41 PM

so saying Hedo should have the ball in the waning seconds means Hedo > Dwight???

yeah that makes sense :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:42 PM
so saying Hedo should have the ball in the waning seconds means Hedo > Dwight???

yeah that makes sense :rolleyes

This means Hedo > Dwight:

Dwight is nothing more but a good role player. The Magic without Hedo are a lottery team. and you know it

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
All you have done is make an ass hat out of yourself while trying and failing to prove a point you know people would laugh at. Now you have jizz on your face and are trying to justify it.

In for penny...in for pound.

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 02:45 PM
In for penny...in for pound.

You poke it in his behind and pull it back out.. I know your little nursery rhimes. sick. Keep that to yourself.

nkdlunch
09-10-2009, 02:45 PM

so, because of one game you conclude that Dragic is the Laker's hope???

did you see all the other games Dragic played??

hater
09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
This means Hedo > Dwight:

ask for a sarcasm radar next time you write to santa.

jazzypimp

DoK has personally apologized to me for that irresponsible horrid comment.:toast

Culburn369
You poke it in his behind and pull it back out.. I know your little nursery rhimes. sick. Keep that to yourself.

Chow!

DUNCANownsKOBE2

Did I ever say he was the Lakers hope?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:48 PM
ask for a sarcasm radar next time you write to santa.

Why did you at first deny that you said Turk >Dwight, and now you're saying that when you said it, you were being sarcastic? Pick a lane and stick with it.

hater
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Did I ever say he was the Lakers hope?

hater
09-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Why did you at first deny that you said Turk >Dwight, and now you're saying that when you said it, you were being sarcastic? Pick a lane and stick with it.

does everything gotta be explained to you like 10x?

- I was pissed Hedo did not have the ball the last seconds
- I was sarcastic saying Dwight is nothing but a role player
- Hedo is not > Dwight

happy?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:51 PM

Yes, I did. Towards the end of the season, he was playing extremely well.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
So being a perfect fit for the triangle as a PG means I'm calling him the team's "hope"? I wasn't aware the PG was such a vital position in the triangle.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:55 PM
does everything gotta be explained to you like 10x?

- I was pissed Hedo did not have the ball the last seconds
- I was sarcastic saying Dwight is nothing but a role player
- Hedo is not > Dwight

happy?

Yes, I just don't get why you originally denied saying it at all before explaining why you did say it.

ezau
09-11-2009, 12:52 AM

Did you watch the 98 Finals? Stockton could ahave won it for the Jazz if not for the huge choke job that Malone did. The man was a stud and I'm gonna bet your wife's fat ass that he's gonna torch Fisher even if he's 60 years old

ezau
09-11-2009, 12:56 AM
He got what he deserved...his karma ruled his dogma.

Funny thing, you sound more and more mentally demented by blurting out those little nursery rhymes. Player appreciation. That's what we're doing right here. Just because Stockton didn't want a single championship doesn't mean he didn't exist.

poop
09-11-2009, 02:00 AM
John Stockton is maybe the most underrated player EVER.
he was the best Pure point guard EVER.
he was a small unassuming white guy picked well into the 2nd round from an unknown college and he went on to become the NBA's All-time leader in Assists AND Steals. only player to be all-time leader in TWO major categories.
this quiet, 'boring' small white family man was unrecognizable among the general public as an NBA star his whole career.
despite his appearance he was also one of the most Durable players ever, playing some 19 seasons and only missing a handful of games throughout...he made multiple all-star selections, co-allstar game MVP, olympic gold medallist and made the NBA Finals in '97 and '98.
this man led the league in assists for like 5 straight seasons, while alsom putting up 15+ppg on 50%+ shooting, 88%+ freethrows, and high-% 3-point shooting. he was as consistent and dependable, Clutch shooter and player as anyone. he spent his entire career in Utah, a small market, as a small, low-key unathletic white guy, and thus never got even CLOSE to the recognition he deserved. but as a omeone who saw his career unfold, i can say theres not a single point guard ever id take over him if i were putting together a team.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 05:36 AM
Did you watch the 98 Finals? Stockton could ahave won it for the Jazz if not for the huge choke job that Malone did. The man was a stud and I'm gonna bet your wife's fat ass that he's gonna torch Fisher even if he's 60 years old

I know, I know...[could have] withstanding...he didn't win it. And that my friend is the be all & also the end all. If Bryant needed to win it on two separate occasions to put the wolves at bay then I can assure you every other m'fer is going to have to toe the line at least on one occasion. And Stockton did not toe that line. Ipso facto (at least on this Forum) he'll be held to accounts.

This I vow, my wife's fat ass withstanding.

tee, hee.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Funny thing, you sound more and more mentally demented by blurting out those little nursery rhymes. Player appreciation. That's what we're doing right here. Just because Stockton didn't want a single championship doesn't mean he didn't exist.

Sure. But, that ain't how its set up on most Forums, this one in particular. You all frogged marched Bryant for umpteenth years for not winning it without Daddy. Uh, chickens have come home to roost. What's good for the goose (Kobe) will be standard operating procedure for the gander (Stockton)...and any other Player we deem to appreciate in the future. If they ain't ringed, woe be to them. Uh, think [living Hell].

tee, hee.

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Ok, I guess I have to lay down the gauntlet. You all claim Stockton was the best/perfect PG in the history of the league. You've yet to explain why, but you make these ridiculous assertions. I will go as far as saying you clowns are only saying this because he is white, as poop repeatedly said during his mindless post. So, if John Po-Boy Stockton is the greatest PG in the history of the game, so you all say; then I'll leave this forum for a month if you all can find me three posts that has Stockton in the starting five of the numerous all-time teams threads. There are plenty of them, and yet you wont find Po-Boy on any of them. These posts cant be from stupid Jazz homers either. I dare you all to pull up those threads.

Then you would have to take magic out of the equation. The point is if magic came into the league today I would bet your depends diaper supply that he would no way in hell be playing the point position. I guarantee you that. Since people perceive him as a point guard he will always be put 1st there on those stupid all time lists.

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I'll let charles Barkley do the talking

"John Stockton is the perfect point guard," Charles Barkley told NBA.com (http://nba.com/). "There has never been a pure point guard who made better basketball decisions with the ball — ever."

Magic would not have been playing the point nowadays.. would he be handling the ball most occasions?? yes.. but so does kobe, lebron, dwade etc. guys 6-8/6-9 just dont play point anymore..hence they are not pure point guards.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Ok, I guess I have to lay down the gauntlet. You all claim Stockton was the best/perfect PG in the history of the league. You've yet to explain why, but you make these ridiculous assertions. I will go as far as saying you clowns are only saying this because he is white, as poop repeatedly said during his mindless post. So, if John Po-Boy Stockton is the greatest PG in the history of the game, so you all say; then I'll leave this forum for a month if you all can find me three posts that has Stockton in the starting five of the numerous all-time teams threads. There are plenty of them, and yet you wont find Po-Boy on any of them. These posts cant be from stupid Jazz homers either. I dare you all to pull up those threads.

Luva:::simply our very finest! Makes me proud.

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Luva:::simply our very finest! Makes me aroused.

Fixed.

hater
09-11-2009, 10:02 AM

I double dare you to name 5 better PGs than Stockton and write a 100 word essay of why they are better than Stockton.

Also go get be a 12 pack of corona and some Marlboro lights.

I have laid down my gauntlet. Make daddy proud

hater
09-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I would bet your depends diaper

hater
09-11-2009, 10:04 AM

I double dare you to name 5 better PGs than Stockton and write a 100 word essay of why they are better than Stockton.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 10:18 AM
[[[Originally Posted by hater http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3681649#post3681649)

I double dare you to name 5 better PGs than Stockton and write a 100 word essay of why they are better than Stockton.]]]

No, no, hater, Luva caught you humps unawares, tip toein' thru the tulips and he dealt ya a grand one. Go ahead, bigshot, find 'em & lodge 'em.

He got all the bigshots but good. Their silence, oh, it's deafening.

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 11:04 AM
[[[Originally Posted by hater http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3681649#post3681649)

I double dare you to name 5 better PGs than Stockton and write a 100 word essay of why they are better than Stockton.]]]

No, no, hater, Luva caught you humps unawares, tip toein' thru the tulips and he dealt ya a grand one. Go ahead, bigshot, find 'em & lodge 'em.

He got all the bigshots but good. Their silence, oh, it's deafening.

You are a moronic little fucker aren't you?? Suckin luva's dick don't make you hard core buddy. Go ahead.. suck some more!! Lets just have a grand o'l bukkake all over Culburns face. You obviously haven't been listening to a fucking word anyone else but your buttlovin lakerslover have been saying. So shut the hell up you nursery rhymin fruity bastard.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 11:09 AM
You are a moronic little fucker aren't you?? Suckin luva's dick don't make you hard core buddy. Go ahead.. suck some more!! Lets just have a grand o'l bukkake all over Culburns face. You obviously haven't been listening to a fucking word anyone else but your buttlovin lakerslover have been saying. So shut the hell up you nursery rhymin fruity bastard.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, ferget all that and just concentrate on Luva's gauntlet. Go ahead, big shot, find 'em & lodge 'em.

tee, hee.

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, ferget all that and just concentrate on Luva's gauntlet. Go ahead, big shot, find 'em & lodge 'em.

tee, hee.

"John Stockton is the perfect point guard," Charles Barkley told NBA.com (http://nba.com/). "There has never been a pure point guard who made better basketball decisions with the ball — ever."

What about this do you not understand?? Nobody is saying stockton was better than magic..but Magic would not play point guard in this era of basketball.. he would play point forward or play the 2 but bring the ball down the floor. He is not a pure point guard by definition. Get that through your fucking head.

Tee-hee twiddly dee

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Barkley? Another ringless wonder like Stockton.

Please.

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Barkley? Another ringless wonder like Stockton.

Please.

Yeah and how many rings do you have?? Moron.
Let's see.... Barkley who played ball, won mvp, all-star or
Coulburn369- Gayboy from Spurstalk, self-proclaimed basketball guru who talks about having rings when the only rings he has are the ones inserted into his anus for pleasure.

I think I'm siding with Barkley on this one.

nkdlunch
09-11-2009, 11:27 AM
lakerfans getting owned up in here

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Coulburn369- Gayboy from Spurstalk, self-proclaimed basketball guru who talks about having rings when the only rings he has are the ones inserted into his anus for pleasure.

:rollin:lmao oh fuck. Coulburn got plowed like Ghazi's wife!!!

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah and how many rings do you have??

& I think you've no other choice.

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 11:37 AM

Epic Fail!!

Or did you mean 15 anal rings?? or you are 15 yrs old?? cuz I can believe that judging from you basketball IQ

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Epic Fail!!

Or did you mean 15 anal rings?? or you are 15 yrs old?? cuz I can believe that judging from you basketball IQ

No, no, rest assured I meant 15 NBA World Championship rings.

Now, put that in your smoke & pipe it, sweetheart, cuz The Culburn has landed on >NBA Forum< and ain't movin' for money, marbles, nor chalk.

Now,

Let us proceed...

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 11:49 AM

15? wow. Coulburn you have more rings than anyone in the nba

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 11:51 AM
15? wow. Coulburn you have more rings than anyone in the nba

Just a smidge behind the Celtics.

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 11:52 AM
No, no, rest assured I meant 15 NBA World Championship rings.

Now, put that in your smoke & pipe it, sweetheart, cuz The Culburn has landed on >NBA Forum< and ain't movin' for money, marbles, nor chalk.

Now,

Let us proceed...

LoL you're so full of shit dude. I can't believe the shit that comes out of your mouth. Then again, I guess when you get it packed in the behind it pushes up through the mouth eh??

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Just a smidge behind the Celtics.

We all dream coulburn! Can't blame you for dreamin! I think it's time to take your meds now.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 12:27 PM
LoL you're so full of shit dude. I can't believe the shit that comes out of your mouth. Then again, I guess when you get it packed in the behind it pushes up through the mouth eh??

Kinda like when the Mavs did you that-a-way--4-1

tee, hee.

Fpoonsie
09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
I never really cared much for Stockton (or the rest of that Jazz team for obvious reason), but I suppose I can appreciate what he brought to the game.

That being said, Culburn's crackin me tha FUCK up. I may not agree w/ what tha dude says, but I can't help but chuckle when he says it. :tu

[cringing at the thought of mouse having an "ass-kissing"/"brown-nosing" troll]

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 12:38 PM
I never really cared much for Stockton (or the rest of that Jazz team for obvious reason), but I suppose I can appreciate what he brought to the game.

That being said, Culburn's crackin me tha FUCK up. I may not agree w/ what tha dude says, but I can't help but chuckle when he says it. :tu

well it's a good thing people have different senses of humor. I find him lame and annoying. Nothing funny whatsoever. Maybe you should invite him to be your friend. You guys can be besties! BFF's forever!

Fpoonsie
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
well it's a good thing people have different senses of humor. I find him lame and annoying. Nothing funny whatsoever. Maybe you should invite him to be your friend. You guys can be besties! BFF's forever!

Not really lookin for an e-friend. Just sayin' is all.

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM

ugh... The thought of a compliment being paid to Colburn's childish moronic comments disgusts me.

Fpoonsie
09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
ugh... The thought of a compliment being paid to Colburn's childish moronic comments disgusts me.

Apologies.

[slowly backs out of thread]

ambchang
09-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Kinda like when the Mavs did you that-a-way--4-1

tee, hee.

Or how Kobe boy failed to make the playoffs.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 12:59 PM
I find him lame and annoying.

It's yer own fault, don't blame me. If you hadn't a let the Mavs just beat all manner Hell out of ya, perhaps you coulda stopped us enroute to our 15th. But, no, you took it like trooper all over the state of Texas and you expect me to stand idly by and not take you continually to the woodshed for proper correction? Throughout this season I'll be taking you Spurs Fandom on many trips to that same woodshed and I'll mete out punishment as I see fit.

Oh yeah, we're gonna have us a time in the '09-'10 season.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Or how Kobe boy failed to make the playoffs.

True. But, since then Kobe has rung and you've been taken' to task by your in state rival Mavericks.

Goran Dragic
09-11-2009, 01:01 PM

Goran Dragic
Goran Dragic
Goran Dragic
Goran Dragic
Goran Dragic

'cause I spit hot fire.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Michael Ray

You could easily shut me up and send luva packing for a month if you can find me three posts in the All-time Greatest threads that have Stockton over Magic. There are a few Greatest PG's Threads as well, >>>and the same sheepish people you find in here claiming Stockton is the greatest PG's ever, you'll find them with none other than Magic at the top of their list.<<<

Fine citation for Michael Ray, Luva.

& >>>f'in' eh.<<<

poop
09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
nash has 4 seasons with double-digit assist averages.
chris paul and dwill have 2 each so far.
in fifteen seasons, Kidd has done it 3 times.
Thomas 4 times.
KJ 4 times.
Magic had 9.
stockton did it 10 times. in a row. 2 seasons with over 14 assists per game. FOURTEEN. from '87-88 to '96-97 he averaged almost 13 assists and THREE steals per game for a decade straight.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Magic had 9.
stockton did it 10 times. in a row. 2 seasons with over 14 assists per game. FOURTEEN. from '87-88 to '96-97 he averaged almost 13 assists and THREE steals per game for a decade straight.

Stockton was consumed by his acumen to amass assists. There is no argument there. But, he was satisfied to rest there stationary and operate in that space exclusively. Media (local & national) feathered his bed and it made it easy, comfortable & convenient for him to do so. Conversely, Magic was not afforded such treatment, Media (local & national) took off after him/twice an NBA Champion, mind you--after the '83 skunker at the hands of the Sixers. They then proceeded to prepare the tar & feathers & readied the rail after the '84 calamity at the hands of the Celtics. What happened next for Magic and the Lakers is part of the historical documents. Suffice to say Magic benefitted greatly from the treatment that Media bestowed upon him. Would he have evolved had they not threatened him? Only Magic knows the answer to that.

Stockton was never prodded, never poked, never tormented. He squirreled himself away, eschewed the easy shot for the opportunity to assist.

And now as he enters the HOF, deep in the black of his nights does he regret his decisions?

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 02:28 PM
I got my 15 too. And you cant deny it. Who the fuck do you think all those parades were for? Who the fuck do you think pays the bills? We send our boys out there in the wilderness to do one thing, and that's bring home the trophy. When the trophy comes home, we throw a parade and celebrate our title. Then the next season, on opening day, we force other teams to witness the crowning of our team, and the raising of our new banner. You're gonna suck this cock until next June, and pray we don't do it all over again.

Was it good for you...

But that doesnt make you more knowledgable then any other fan of the game you dipshit!! read what the fuck we were talking about. You act like you have more knowledge of the fucking game cuz the team that your a fan of has those championships and Barkley does not. Get a fucking clue. That team won championships..you, youreself did not. That doesnt make you more knowledgable than anyone else in this fucking forum. So shut the fuck up you pimple dick faggot!! You always bardge in here and spew shit about stuff we went over 10 times before. I told you if magic wasn't available on the god damn greatest lists then stockton would be a popular choice. What the fuck is a "pure" pg then?? why the fuck do all these announcers use that word?? Why the fuck do all these analysts use it?? But I guess there is no such thing as a pure pg right?? Cuz you fucking know more than any of those fools!! shut the fuck up!! You're the fucking scum of this forum!!

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Calm down, Jazzy, it ain't like Stockton died or lost money. You & him just didn't win an NBA Championship.

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 02:31 PM
But that doesnt make you more knowledgable then any other fan of the game you dipshit!! read what the fuck we were talking about. You act like you have more knowledge of the fucking game cuz the team that your a fan of has those championships and Barkley does not. Get a fucking clue. That team won championships..you, youreself did not. That doesnt make you more knowledgable than anyone else in this fucking forum. So shut the fuck up you pimple dick faggot!! You always bardge in here and spew shit about stuff we went over 10 times before. I told you if magic wasn't available on the god damn greatest lists then stockton would be a popular choice. What the fuck is a "pure" pg then?? why the fuck do all these announcers use that word?? Why the fuck do all these analysts use it?? But I guess there is no such thing as a pure pg right?? Cuz you fucking know more than any of those fools!! shut the fuck up!! You're the fucking scum of this forum!!

Ouch! take it easy man. Everyone know lakaluva is a piece of shit. We just all except it as fact and laugh at the shit he writes.

But I have to say that shit was :lmao

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Calm down, Jay, it ain't like the Spurs died or lost money. You and them just got the shit kicked out of you by the Mavs.

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Calm down, Jazzy, it ain't like Stockton died or lost money. You & him just didn't win an NBA Championship.

culburn in hell!!

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 02:45 PM
^^^This is the post of a man defeated. Since you've failed at my first challenge, I have an easier one for you, Simpleton. Was Mugsy Bouges a pure PG? If so, why?

Dude shut the fuck up already. You are a fucking Douchebag and you fucking know it. Who gives a fuck nor has the time for your lame ass challenges. Who would actually search through forum archives to give a pieces of shit like yourself some simple satisfaction. Nobody gives a fuck!! So sit back and write your little riddles and challenges. It is obvious you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 02:46 PM
No no no jay, I prefer my bitches all hot and bothered. I'll let you have her when I'm done.
Nah dude. you can have your mom all to yourself

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Dude shut the fuck up already. You are a fucking Douchebag and you fucking know it. Who gives a fuck nor has the time for your lame ass challenges. Who would actually search through forum archives to give a pieces of shit like yourself some simple satisfaction. Nobody gives a fuck!! So sit back and write your little riddles and challenges. It is obvious you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

LoL for real man! I hate his sissy bitch ass comments. Then again, there is a reason lakers fans are mutually hated on these boards. luva being one of the main reasons!

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 02:50 PM
"Who would actually search through forum archives to give a pieces of shit like yourself some simple satisfaction."

You guys can never admit when you're wrong. It is a great challenge. A stroke of genius. And nobody will search because everybody knows they never lodged Stockton on a list like that, but, yet they cross themselves up by lauding him endlessly on this thread. Luva caught ya dead to rights. Give credit where it is due.

Luva with the goodsPERIOD

jazzypimp
09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
So you quit, and resort to name calling in the sandbox, (LAKER NBA FORUM) which I call home. Ok, go home then. I'm gonna stay a while and keep bullying you know it all nerds that cant accept a challenge when called out on ya BS.

yeah dude...ur almost 6000 post count to my what?? That proves who the nerd is. "Bullying" LoL. You really have small man syndrome to have to come on the internet and admit you're a cyber bully. :lmao

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 02:58 PM
You wake up every morning, and go straight to ST, while still in your soiled panties, you click on the LAKER NBA FORUM and look for this...

Today 12:44 PM
by lakaluva

You skip through all of the dialogue, and jump right on the tail end of my shit. If that's hate, then I welcome it.

Anyone ever tell you your a fucking idiot?
"oh, sit in your soiled panties" Great one guy. Judging by your post count it is you who get up every morning and park that shit and never moves. Makes you feel like a man doesn't it? It's almost like they invented the internet for sorry pricks like you.

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 02:59 PM
"Who would actually search through forum archives to give a pieces of shit like yourself some simple satisfaction."

You guys can never admit when you're wrong. It is a great challenge. A stroke of genius. And nobody will search because everybody knows they never lodged Stockton on a list like that, but, yet they cross themselves up by lauding him endlessly on this thread. Luva caught ya dead to rights. Give credit where it is due.

Luva with the goodsPERIOD

Oh wow, luva gave colburn his 10th orgasm of the day.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh wow, luva gave colburn his 10th orgasm of the day.

I'd settle for one orgasm every other day.

Here's some advice for each & every fandom: don't ever grow old.

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
I guess yall done praising Po-Boy.

will you ever stop being a fag? what's that? no? then I guess we will always give praise to those who deserve it.

mavs>spurs2
09-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Magic > Stockton as an overall basketball player, Stockton > Magic at PG. A lot of people here just don't want to give Stockton credit. "Stockton was selfish and passed up wide open shots to pad his assists." Bullshit. Stockton was a great player and decision maker who always made the right choice to put points on the board for his team. In the years he averaged over 14 assists, he also averaged over 17 points. You don't score 17 points if you pass up every available shot opportunity to pad your assists. STFU Culburn you're old and senile

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 06:13 PM
STFU Culburn you're old and senile

No.

I'm going to continue to ride Stockton hard, and I'm also going to put him up soaking wet. He's not my red headed step child, but, I'm going to beat him like he is. I'm going to build the biggest shoe store I've ever built in his lily white ass.

Savvy?

ezau
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I know, I know...[could have] withstanding...he didn't win it. And that my friend is the be all & also the end all. If Bryant needed to win it on two separate occasions to put the wolves at bay then I can assure you every other m'fer is going to have to toe the line at least on one occasion. And Stockton did not toe that line. Ipso facto (at least on this Forum) he'll be held to accounts.

This I vow, my wife's fat ass withstanding.

tee, hee.

15,000 assists and one of the most durable players the league has ever seen. Sure no rings, but that man is 100 times better than Derek Fisher who has been piggybacking on Kobe's shoulders his entire career. The difference between him and Fisher is so massive it's no longer funny.

ezau
09-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Sure. But, that ain't how its set up on most Forums, this one in particular. You all frogged marched Bryant for umpteenth years for not winning it without Daddy. Uh, chickens have come home to roost. What's good for the goose (Kobe) will be standard operating procedure for the gander (Stockton)...and any other Player we deem to appreciate in the future. If they ain't ringed, woe be to them. Uh, think [living Hell].

tee, hee.

Stockton and Kobe play different positions. If you want to judge Kobe's greatness, then match him up with MJ. Sadly, Kobe will always be the second greatest guard to play the game. MJ's shadow will always be right in front of him. Kobe, the poor man's MJ. Tee hee

ezau
09-11-2009, 09:44 PM

The nursery-rhyming bastard is getting owned really bad.

ezau
09-11-2009, 09:45 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

15 rings? When was this? You're definitely demented

ezau
09-11-2009, 09:48 PM
It's yer own fault, don't blame me. If you hadn't a let the Mavs just beat all manner Hell out of ya, perhaps you coulda stopped us enroute to our 15th. But, no, you took it like trooper all over the state of Texas and you expect me to stand idly by and not take you continually to the woodshed for proper correction? Throughout this season I'll be taking you Spurs Fandom on many trips to that same woodshed and I'll mete out punishment as I see fit.

Oh yeah, we're gonna have us a time in the '09-'10 season.

15 rings eh? Culburn has 15 World Championship rings. I better check Wikipedia for that

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 10:16 PM
15 rings eh?

eh.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 10:17 PM
The nursery-rhyming bastard is getting owned really bad.

Not nearly as owned as the Mavs owned you.

tee, hee.

ezau
09-11-2009, 10:34 PM
eh.

15? When? You? Come on.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 10:37 PM
15? When? You? Come on.

eh, thru the decades, eh, yo.

ambchang
09-11-2009, 11:33 PM

tee, hee.

Or how the Suns owned Kobe.

ezau
09-11-2009, 11:39 PM
eh, thru the decades, eh, yo.

Fail, tee hee

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Fail, tee hee

Ez, my own personal fart catcher.

jejejeje!!!

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Or how the Suns owned Kobe.

Or, how the Mavs at O & forever owned the Spurs 4-1.

tee, hee.

ezau
09-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Ez, my own personal fart catcher.

jejejeje!!!

Culburn, sociopath extraordinaire :downspin:

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 03:30 AM
Culburn, sociopath extraordinaire :downspin:

eh.

tee, hee.

ezau
09-12-2009, 03:34 AM
eh.

tee, hee.

Brilliant. Here's Culburn before doing self-fellatio.

http://208.106.191.145/_media/imgs/articles/a425_t15.jpg

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Brilliant. Here's Culburn before doing self-fellatio.

http://208.106.191.145/_media/imgs/articles/a425_t15.jpg

And that's Ez payin' attention to Culburn.

tee, hee.

hater
09-12-2009, 03:44 AM
tee hee motherfucker

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 03:49 AM
tee hee motherfucker

eh.

ambchang
09-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Or, how the Mavs at O & forever owned the Spurs 4-1.

tee, hee.

Or how, the Suns kicked the Lakers out of the 1st round two years in a row.

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 09:31 PM
eh!

MarHill
09-12-2009, 10:05 PM

tee, hee.

Are you serious?

Spurs-Mavs have faced each other 4 times in the playoffs in 2000s.

The Spurs won 2 and the Mavs won 2.

Also, the Spurs have won 3 of the last 5 SW Division Titles. And one of 1 of 2 years they didn't win....they had the same record as the Hornets and the lost the division to a tiebreaker. The other year they didn't win the division....they came in 2nd.

Lastly, Spurs 4 titles, Mavs 0 titles.

Oh yeah....the Mavs owned the Spurs.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!! :bang

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Are you serious?

Spurs-Mavs have faced each other 4 times in the playoffs in 2000s.

The Spurs won 2 and the Mavs won 2.

Also, the Spurs have won 3 of the last 5 SW Division Titles. And one of 1 of 2 years they didn't win....they had the same record as the Hornets and the lost the division to a tiebreaker. The other year they didn't win the division....they came in 2nd.

Lastly, Spurs 4 titles, Mavs 0 titles.

Oh yeah....the Mavs owned the Spurs.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!! :bang

Don't be purposely obtuse, Mar. You know what I meant. They owned you BIG TIME at 4-1.

C'mon, now, boy, act like somebody.

MarHill
09-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Don't be purposely obtuse, Mar. You know what I meant. They owned you BIG TIME at 4-1.

C'mon, now, boy, act like somebody.

They won a 1st round playoff series...congratulations!!

So what...it has happen to every championship caliber contender. Even your mighty Lakers got bounced in the first round this decade.

Sheesh....

When one team owns another team......they have beaten them at least 80% of the time.

The Mavs have not done that!! Sorry!

Please back up your story with facts...not because you don't like the Spurs.

I don't like the Lakers but there are facts you have acknowledge.

You should do the same about the Spurs.

Thanks!

Galileo
09-13-2009, 12:02 AM
* MOST POINTS ACCOUNTED FOR INCLUDING PLAYOFFS, ALL-STAR GAMES, COLLEGE & OLYMPICS

Stockton 60,209

John Stockton has accounted for more points than anyone in the history of basketball. More than Jabber, more than Jordan, more then Chamberlain, more than Magic, more than the Mailman.

Only JOHN STOCKTON has broken the 60,000 barrier.

* POINTS ACCOUNTED FOR PER 36 MINUTES

Stockton 1988
43.9 points per 36 minutes

Stockton 1989
41.3 points per 36 minutes

Stockton 1990
44.6 points per 36 minutes

Stockton 1991
43.4 points per 36 minutes

Stockton 1992
42.6 points per 36 minutes

Stockton 1993
40.4 points per 36 minutes

Stockton 1994
40.0 points per 36 minutes

Stockton 1995
40.5 points per 36 minutes

At Stockton's peak, no one came close to John Stockton in producing points. Tiny Archibald has one season beating Stockton, but Archibald's peak lasted 1 oir maybe 1 1/2 years. That's it. Archibald's team also played at a faster pace and was really lousy. I didn't have time to factor pace in.

Stockton's peak lasted an amazing 8 years. 8 years in a row producing 40 pointes per 36 minutes.

Think this is easy?

Well, Wilt Chamberlain never produced 40 points per 36 minutes even once.

Let's look at Michael Jordan:

Jordan 1986
41.0 points per 36 minutes (only played 451 minutes)

Jordan 1987
41.6 points per 36 minutes

Jordan 1988
41.8 points per 36 minutes

Jordan 1989
43.5 points per 36 minutes

Jordan 1990
42.6 points per 36 minutes

Jordan 1991
41.4 points per 36 minutes

Jordan was competitive, but his peak was lower and did not last as long.

MAGIC JOHNSON

Johnson 1987
47.9 points per 36 minutes

Johnson produced over 40 points per 36 minutes every season from 1984 to 1991.

Magic Johnson might be as good as Stockton and is better than Jordan.

Culburn369
09-13-2009, 03:48 AM
They won a 1st round playoff series...congratulations!!

There, you've done it.

Thank, you.

Shastafarian
09-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Talk about ownage.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4963/picture1ta.png (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/picture1ta.png/)

131-92 lol

Still stings don't it?

Culburn369
09-13-2009, 04:15 AM
stings don't it?

lmemulatedao!!!

ezau
09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
And that's Ez payin' attention to Culburn.

tee, hee.

Is that what you've got? Too easy. haha

Culburn369
09-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Is that what you've got?

Enough to snag yer goat.

tee, hee.

ezau
09-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Enough to snag yer goat.

tee, hee.

Not really, eh