PDA

View Full Version : Great rant

Supergirl
09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/dear-republicans.htm

Great rant about the state of the pathetic Republican party. The moderate, libertarian members need to either stand up to the batshit crazy wing* they have allowed to cannibalize their party. We need the moderate Republicans in the debate over the issues this country faces. We need the batshit crazy shipped in a one-way ticket out of this country before they destroy this country.

* "batshit crazy": see Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, ad nauseum

Yonivore
09-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah, it was a rant, alright.

SnakeBoy
09-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Generic Congressional Ballot
Support for GOP Reaches New Recent High on Generic BallotTuesday, September 08, 2009 Email to a Friend ShareThis.Advertisement
Little has changed this week on the Generic Ballot as Republican Congressional candidates continue to hold a seven-point lead over Democrats.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 44% would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate while 37% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent.

Support for both parties rose one point over the past week, giving Republicans their highest level of support of the past several years. Support for Democrats last week reached its lowest point during that same time period.

This summer, support for Republican candidates ranged from 41% to 43%, support for Democrats ranged from 36% to 39%. Looking back one year ago, support was strikingly different for the parties. Throughout the summer of 2008, support for Democratic congressional candidates ranged from 45% to 48%. Republican support ranged from 34% to 37%.

This is now the 11th straight week GOP candidates have held the advantage. However, Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, noted last week that it’s too early for Republicans to be celebrating. “These numbers certainly represent weakness for the Democrats, but it’s important to remember that the mid-term elections are 14 months away. That’s plenty of time for the President’s party to do some damage control and pick up the pieces from what has been a tough month of August.”

For Republicans dreaming of another 1994-type election, Rasmussen adds that “Democrats in 2010 will have one advantage they couldn’t count on in 1994. During the Clinton years, nobody could remember a time when the GOP controlled Congress.”

Democrats held a six- or seven-point lead on the ballot for the first few weeks of 2009. That began to slip in early February, and from mid-April through June the two parties were roughly even.

Prior to the week of March 15, however, Democratic candidates held the advantage in on the Generic Ballot for several years.

Among voters not affiliated with either party, Republicans hold a strong 43% to 21% lead this week.

SnakeBoy
09-08-2009, 10:49 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/september_2009/obama_approval_index_september_8_2009/245831-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_september_8_2009.jpg

Winehole23
09-08-2009, 11:37 PM

Great rant about the state of the pathetic Republican party. The moderate, libertarian members need to either stand up to the batshit crazy wing* they have allowed to cannibalize their party. We need the moderate Republicans in the debate over the issues this country faces. We need the batshit crazy shipped in a one-way ticket out of this country before they destroy this country.

* "batshit crazy": see Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, ad nauseumSo then, just deport everyone you don't like?

Will you be ok with it when the GOP regains power and decides to deport you for having *dangerous* opinions?

z0sa
09-08-2009, 11:48 PM
is it a dream?

?

Winehole23
09-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Is what a dream?

Viva Las Espuelas
09-08-2009, 11:52 PM

* "batshit crazy": see Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, ad nauseum

i think everyone in congress needs to point the finger at themselves before the people points their foot at their ass come '10.

Supergirl
09-09-2009, 08:27 AM
So then, just deport everyone you don't like?

Will you be ok with it when the GOP regains power and decides to deport you for having *dangerous* opinions?

well, that *IS* what the GOP tried to do under Bush II...oh, no, wait, they locked them up in an illegal prison instead. Much better.

The reality is, the religious right wackjobs WILL BE THE DEATH OF THIS COUNTRY. Seriously. Maybe not this country as a nation, but this country as we know it, as a radical, game-changing experiment in democracy our founding fathers started a couple hundred years ago.

Just about everything the religious right argues for is completely contrary to the principles this country was founded on: Freedom of choice, the right to privacy, the clear and defined separation of church and state.

Obviously, I don't really expect or want people to be kicked out or punished for having contrary opinions. But the willful insistence of perpetrating lies (e.g., Obama is not a citizen, Obama wants to kill your grandma) and manipulation of the mass media that goes on all over Fox News and from the mouths of the nutjobs HAS TO STOP - because it is destroying the very fabric that holds our country together. We need to have an educated an informed debate about health care, about education, about our financial problems. But that isn't happening with any of the religious wackjobs, because they're too busy shouting people down.

SnakeBoy
09-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah I agree Supergirl. It really sucks that americans have become religous. We need to get back to good old fashioned godlessness like previous generations were.

Marcus Bryant
09-09-2009, 08:54 AM
The left-wing nutjobs who are scared of the right-wing nutjobs who are scared of the left-wing nutjobs who are scared of the right-wing nutjobs....

Yawn.

boutons_deux
09-09-2009, 08:55 AM
"religious whackjobs" have very little to do with religion and everything to with Religion and money grubbing, and power grubbing.

What religious whackjobs or even non-whackos were against invading Iraq-for-oil, or are now part of the anti-war movement?

Repugs know that once "religious" types start believing "religious" fairy tales spun by religious hucksters, they are amenable to believing any Repug fairy tales and lies, of becoming detached from all rational, evidence-based, scientific reality, and become suckers for the Repug hucksters.

nuclearfm
09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
"religious whackjobs" have very little to do with religion and everything to with Religion and money grubbing, and power grubbing.

What religious whackjobs or even non-whackos were against invading Iraq-for-oil, or are now part of the anti-war movement?

Repugs know that once "religious" types start believing "religious" fairy tales spun by religious hucksters, they are amenable to believing any Repug fairy tales and lies, of becoming detached from all rational, evidence-based, scientific reality, and become suckers for the Repug hucksters.

I'd be careful with that accusation, even though you're only selecting a few people are going to label you an anti-christian immoral Muslim promoter soon.

DarrinS
09-09-2009, 09:53 AM
We need the batshit crazy shipped in a one-way ticket out of this country before they destroy this country.

Wouldn't this completely decimate the majority the left now enjoys in congress?

nuclearfm
09-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Wouldn't this completely decimate the majority the left now enjoys in congress?

I'd scream pure joy if Pelosi, Cornyn, Reid, Palin, Vitter left the political game for good.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I'd scream pure joy if Pelosi, Cornyn, Reid, Palin, Vitter left the political game for good.
421 days until '10

SnakeBoy
09-09-2009, 10:26 AM
We need the batshit crazy shipped in a one-way ticket out of this country before they destroy this country.

Hell Yeah! Send em back to afrika! YeeeHaaa!

LnGrrrR
09-09-2009, 02:15 PM
No one faction will destroy America. America's had lots of dark times in its history, led by various scummy groups.

nuclearfm
09-09-2009, 02:30 PM

Yeah! RIGHT ON. Git R dun

BadMoodBob
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
This is a good rant...

ntzVw6Joyqw

Viva Las Espuelas
09-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah, it was a rant, alright.

Rant, yes
great, not so much.

Stringer_Bell
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
When I think of nutjobs (not political, just NUTJOBS in general), I think of Mrs. Sarah Palin and her little speech about Obama not telling lies "in honor of the American soldier." Didn't President Bush lie to send the American soldier over to Iraq? Those soldiers, although knowing full well the cost of joining the military, don't deserve to come back home to a country full of self-rigteous politicians pissing on each other all the time to get attention. Those soldiers are missing limbs, can't interact with their children like they should be able to, but people just want to demonize "political positions" instead of trying to help the people that give them the opportunity to be shit eating political scum bags.

The majority of the policitians in the news deserve to be dragged out of office and never allowed to run for office again. Yet, they are sllowed to stay year after year on a perpetual campaign cycle. That's sick.

SnakeBoy
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
When I think of nutjobs (not political, just NUTJOBS in general), I think of Mrs. Sarah Palin and her little speech about Obama not telling lies "in honor of the American soldier."

When I think of nutjobs I think of people who hear Mrs. Sarah Palin ask the media to stop telling lies "in honor of the American soldier" and then somehow in their nutjob brain that gets twisted into she was talking about Obama.

Stringer_Bell
09-09-2009, 06:05 PM
When I think of nutjobs I think of people who hear Mrs. Sarah Palin ask the media to stop telling lies "in honor of the American soldier" and then somehow in their nutjob brain that gets twisted into she was talking about Obama.

Exactly!!!

I am programmed to think every word she says is about Obama. I blame MSNBC.

Yonivore
09-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Exactly!!!

I am programmed to think every word she says is about Obama. I blame MSNBC.
Well, at least you have a sense of humor about it. One of the first steps to overcoming...keep it up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-09-2009, 10:22 PM

We need the moderate Republicans in the debate over the issues this country faces.

You should tell that to Pelosi and Obama then. Pelosi won't let any Republican alternatives to the health care bill get out of committee, while Obama hasn't invited Republicans to talk health care reform with him since April.

Hypocritical, much?

hope4dopes
09-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Wouldn't this completely decimate the majority the left now enjoys in congress? as well as all those wonderfull czars, we'd be left with Mitchell and the janitor.

hope4dopes
09-09-2009, 10:50 PM

Yes but her hood and robe is not just WHITE , but all the colors of the rainbow to reflect her.. multicultural,diversity,,,,pin headed insanity.

iggypop123
09-09-2009, 11:05 PM
good old binary oppositions. ruining the US

SnakeBoy
09-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Yes but her hood and robe is not just WHITE , but all the colors of the rainbow to reflect her.. multicultural,diversity,,,,pin headed insanity.

I don't think it's a hood and robe but the rest is probably right.

http://www.fastfancydress.co.uk/templates/imagedirectory/xl-hippy-lady.gif

ElNono
09-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't think they'll be the ruin of America, but most likely prevent the Republican party from a full fledged recovery, which they should have by now when you're competing against the incompetence of Pelosi and Barney Frank. Unfortunately these characters are so polarizing that they do more harm than good to the party.

hope4dopes
09-09-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't think it's a hood and robe but the rest is probably right.

http://www.fastfancydress.co.uk/templates/imagedirectory/xl-hippy-lady.gif
stupid is as stupid does sir. Same old shit in a brand new drag, guess plain brown shirts are a little too tacky.

BadMoodBob
09-10-2009, 09:37 AM

http://www.thenextright.com/

Check that guy's blog out Supergirl. I saw him on Rachel Maddow two days ago.