PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Article(of why they won't win)

combs84
04-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Reasons why they won't win a title...

www.nbabasketballnews.com featured story.

Useruser666
04-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Reasons why they won't win a title...

www.nbabasketballnews.com featured story.

Are you pimping your own article? :lol

SLOVENIAN 8
04-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Are you pimping your own article? :lol

ofcourse!! He is Detroit fan! and anti Spurs??

MadDog73
04-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Why the Spurs will NOT come out of the West
Jonathon Combs *
It seems that since the first game of the NBA season, who would come out of the West was already determined. Analyst after analyst declared the Spurs to be the West's representative this season. Very few if any took a step back and looked at the big picture. I am prepared to do just that.

We all know the first round match-up that looks to be in place as of now, the same one that the Spurs have to be dreading. The Denver Nuggets are playing better basketball then anybody. So the great record and all, the Spurs are going to draw the hottest team in Basketball. Some reward huh? If you take a look back to the NBA finals a few years ago with the Nets and Spurs, the main match-up was Kenyon Martin and Tim Duncan. Both great defensive players. Both guys get the majority of their points under the basket. Martin is the more intense emotional player, Duncan is more talented. If this is indeed the match-up in the first round of the playoffs this year, the Spurs should be very scared. You could arguably say the Nuggets are better at 3 of the 5 starting positions. Those positions being Point Guard, Small Forward and Center. Both teams like to run, but Denver does it better. If San Antonio gets into a running game, they may hang around but they will ultimately lose.

As a matter of fact, not only can Denver beat San Antonio, but the majority of the Western Conference playoff teams could do the very same thing. Which ones? How about these ones.

Dallas Mavericks- Perhaps the deepest bench in the league, the difference between this team and Maverick teams in years past? Defense.

Seattle Sonics- Although they've hit a mini slump, their outside shooting could cause the Spurs major problems. The only question would be if Ridnour is mature enough to run the team and win in playoff style basketball.

Houston Rockets- This is a team that when at its best can beat you so many different ways. Yao is the X-factor.

Phoenix Suns- I obviously couldn't leave out the number one ranked team out West. While I don't think Steve Nash has earned anything close to the MVP consideration he's getting, I do think the Suns are going to be tough to beat.

That's effectively 5 teams from the field of 7 that could cause the Spurs serious problems. But the real question is, why?

When you think of the Spurs, you must notice the fact that out of their 5 starters, 2 of them are offensive liability's. You can't sell ANY team like that as the Favorites to me. Nesterovic and Bowen are role players, and while they may do that effectively throughout the season, it will be hard for them to match other teams talent in the playoffs.

You obviously then can throw in the fact that Tim Duncan is coming back from an injury that is going to limit him more then he thinks. His stamina will be off, his footwork won't be there right away, and his shot may be rusty. Duncan is not going to come back from this and go up against the top competition and be the best player on the court. If he doesn't get the last few Regular Season games to get his feel for the game back, he's going to have a heck of a challenge laid out for him.

Guard play is good, you can't deny that. You can say they make a few head scratching plays, but at the end of the game they are going to have the solid output that the Spurs need. Chances are they won't dominate a game though.

If you think back to Previous Spurs teams, you will remember Stephen Jackson and Steve Kerr hitting big shots when they were needed. While Horry and Barry have that capability, I'm not sure its going to be quite as effective this time around. People didn't realize how good Jackson was around that time.

So when it comes down to it, the West is just to talented this year for the Spurs to come out. Can they? Sure, a handful of teams COULD, but I put there chances at no greater then 20%. Young guards, a sliced offensive starting lineup, an injured big man, all of these things could prohibit the Spurs from getting the job done, and IMO it will.

LMAO! 20%?!? What chance do you give the Suns, a team with NO real playoff experience? 5%?

EDIT: Oh, and in case you haven't checked, the chances of the Spurs meeting the Nuggets in the first round is declining rapidly. Either the Spurs or Nuggets will move up a spot, or both. :hat

BronxCowboy
04-11-2005, 04:48 PM
This load of crap is a featured story?? Sounds like the ramblings of some 12 year old.

Useruser666
04-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Young guards?

Tony may be young, but he doesn't have experience?

Gino has no experience?

Uh, neither of them can be clutch?

Horry isn't clutch? I guess that means his nickname has something to do with vodka shots.

I call BS on this article.

I'd give him the Ducan injury, and maybe a little on the offensive liabilities. But what team has the largest margin of victory in the NBA? Which team just scored the most points in the league since like '91 or something?

bigzak25
health and detroit are the only obstacles.

foodie2
If you take a look back to the NBA finals a few years ago with the Nets and Spurs, the main match-up was Kenyon Martin and Tim Duncan. Both great defensive players. Both guys get the majority of their points under the basket. Martin is the more intense emotional player, Duncan is more talented. If this is indeed the match-up in the first round of the playoffs this year, the Spurs should be very scared.

Yeah, Kenyon Martin really showed up in that series with the Nets, didn't he? I seem to remember that Duncan kind of got the better of him... I seem to remember, in fact, that Kenyon pretty much disappeared.

Mr. Body
04-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Wow, usually I stand off, but that was a moronic article. I wonder if he's been watching the NBA the last several years... or even longer. He seems to think it important that every player in the starting line-up be a fantastic scorer... And reasons why any team could beat the Spurs is largely circumstantial. He also believes Manu is a young player and fails to see that this is one of the clutchest player in the league. And I doubt Andre Miller is better than Tony Parker.

It's a classic example of 'position match-ups' that some rag like USA Today runs (but runs better) as a way of guessing at the winner of a series. You know: 'Which PF is better?' 'Which C is better?' 'Which PG?' And then adding them up. I don't doubt the Spurs could get knocked off by anybody, but I doubt it'll come down to a single one of these reasons. The only team to beat a healthy Spurs team since 1998 has been the Lakers, which was an exceptional franchise for a time.

Ugh. Not worth the band-width.

Yeah, Kenyon Martin really showed up in that series with the Nets, didn't he? I seem to remember that Duncan kind of got the better of him... I seem to remember, in fact, that Kenyon pretty much disappeared.

Ah yes, and another point. Martin was awful against Duncan that series. Of TD's 8 blocks the final game, perhaps 6 of them came against the execrable Kenyon Martin.

MadDog73
This load of crap is a featured story?? Sounds like the ramblings of some 12 year old.

What really cracks me up is that somehow the Spurs that have scored 261 points over the last two games somehow have no offense....

Useruser666
Duncan>>>>>>KMart

And KMArt is no defensive player compared to Duncan. That is crazy talk.

foodie2
04-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Oh, and if you're going to write a "featured story", don't forget to do a spelling and grammar check next time.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-11-2005, 05:00 PM
The only coach that has ever gotten the best of Gregg Popovich was Phil Jackson, really?

Duncan has never been beaten in the playoffs by a player not named Shaq?

wasn't Robinson a 20 a night guy the last time we won the championship, what changed there exactly?

Manu didn't drop 48 against phoenix, 40 against the clipps?
Parker didn't go off last night with 36, 12, and 6?

Duncan's doctors are wrog and we wont get him back until after the end of the season now?

Andre Miller > Tony Parker? Really?

Bruce isn't going to own Anthony?

The Mavericks are deeper than the Spurs?

The Suns didn't get crushed here at SBC and then lost to the Run-N-Gun spurs in the valley of the sun?

oh ok, well this guy clearly knows what he is talking about, the Spurs have no chance in hell.

Lonestar
04-11-2005, 05:03 PM
There's some valid points in that article. While you can argue that Bowen and Rasho are offensive liabilities, they are defensive assets. How many of the playoff teams possess a stopper like Bowen or even a seasoned shot blocker like Rasho. He's not always pretty but I do believe that he does exactly what Pop wants him to. All teams have a few knocks against them but the Spurs have something that most teams do not, playoff and finals experience, an experienced (and somewhat young) core and a solid bench of veteran players. I like their chances better than most.

Useruser666
04-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Maybe you need to realize who posted this article:

http://www.nbabasketballnews.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2&sid=e3e581298b87d733facb1d442530182c

http://www.nbabasketballnews.com/forum/search.php?search_author=Combs

I write bad checks.

I figure we wll be getting tons of new members and no idea who they are or where they came from.

So lets start her off...

I am Jon Combs, I run this here site. If you don't know me by nowwww you will never reallly know meee wooooo.

So, who are you and how did you find us?

P.S. You can leave your last name out. Mobruler will hack your info if ya don't Wink . Kidding.

Ha, I'm liking the dislike list Wink .

Here are things I thought some of ya should know about me as well.

I think Allen Iverson and Kobe Bryant are the 2 best basketball players in the league.

I think Chris Webber when used the right way is the 3rd best PF in the game.

In 2 years the Bulls and Clippers will be the matchup in the NBA finals.

I think Gerald Green is going to be the next big thing in the NBA.

I hate John Saunders. I love Bill Walton. Kevin Harlen is the best broadcaster to ever live.

And Tayshaun Prince is my favorite NBA Player.

Yup, I have the same feeling about the Spurs. They have been over-rated for quite a while now. I could see them losing First Round.

mrblonde17
04-11-2005, 05:11 PM
bad article

bad grammar

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Why the will win:

Because they have the most experience in the field(except Detroit) and hopefully they will be healthy by then.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2005, 05:14 PM
his mother hates him too.

otherwise, why would she have named him "Jonathon"...:lol

MaNuMaNiAc
04-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Bullshit and here is why!

If you take a look back to the NBA finals a few years ago with the Nets and Spurs, the main match-up was Kenyon Martin and Tim Duncan. Both great defensive players. Both guys get the majority of their points under the basket. Martin is the more intense emotional player, Duncan is more talented. If this is indeed the match-up in the first round of the playoffs this year, the Spurs should be very scared.
Why should we be scared??? Tim beat his ass before, no need to think he won't do it again this year. This guy is just biased and expressing opinion reather than fact.

You could arguably say the Nuggets are better at 3 of the 5 starting positions. Those positions being Point Guard, Small Forward and Center. Both teams like to run, but Denver does it better. If San Antonio gets into a running game, they may hang around but they will ultimately lose.
And how on gods green earth did he arrive at this conclusion?? We played Phoenix at their own high paced running game and we beat them. Phoenix's running game is 10 times better then Seattle, yet the guy decides that the Spurs are going to lose the Seattle 'cause they can't play the running game. Its sad is what it is.

Dallas Mavericks- Perhaps the deepest bench in the league, the difference between this team and Maverick teams in years past? Defense.
After the last 2 games, I'm willing to declare our bench the deepest. Sure we have been "deep" throughout the season, but lately it has been more like in-"deep"-shit. These 2 games have proven our bench can perform when needed.

Seattle Sonics- Although they've hit a mini slump, their outside shooting could cause the Spurs major problems. The only question would be if Ridnour is mature enough to run the team and win in playoff style basketball.
I'm sorry, didn't we beat Seattle a week or 2 ago? Besides that so called slump is more like the friggin grand canyon as we approach the playoffs, and even if they do manage to recuperate, a healthy Seattle is no match to a healthy Duncan-Ginobili-Parker trifecta. If this team is playing THEIR basketball, you'd be hardput to find ANY team that can outplay them.

Houston Rockets- This is a team that when at its best can beat you so many different ways. Yao is the X-factor.
Yao is the X-factor?? Yao is shit, and has been shit in the last 2 encounters we've had with the Rockets. If anything I'd say beware Tracy!! The guy is known to go off on us, and specially on us! lol But still, if the Spurs play their defensive game, we shouldn't have anything to worry about. the championship is ours to lose.

Guard play is good, you can't deny that. You can say they make a few head scratching plays, but at the end of the game they are going to have the solid output that the Spurs need. Chances are they won't dominate a game though
Jesus, is this guy biased or what!! "chances are they won't dominate a game"??? what the fuck is that!? Tony and Manu are more than capable of dominating a game!! We've seen it hundreds of times! Furthermore, he is assuming that his point about Kenyon beating Tim has been proven beyond reasonable doubt!! If anything is the other way around, Tim had proven that he can handle Kenyon quite well (2003 playoffs) I'm sorry but this article is messed up.

PM5K
04-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Don't quit your day job buddy....

Tim Duncan is having one of his worst years statistically and he's still better than Martin, I'd take Tim Duncan on an off night over Martin on an on night, Timmy is a back to back MVP, Martin is a guy that's only known because he exposes his chest when he makes an emphatic dunk.....

Also if Denver continues to play well we may wind up playing Houston in the first round.

Bruce is averaging the most points he's ever averaged in his career, and with all the other guys the Spurs have eight points is plenty, don't forget Glenn Robinson.

Also don't forget a guy like our backup center Nazr who had something like ninteen and fifteen the other night, numbers that would make Kenyon Martin green with envy....

There are about a billion points I could counter in that article but I've got better things to do.....

td4mvp21
04-11-2005, 05:52 PM
this is bull......
Denver vs. San Antonio
Parker>Miller
Lenard(?)/Demarr Johnson<Ginobili
Anthony>Bowen
Duncan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kenyon martin
Camby>Nesterovic
Advantage:Us
Experience:US

Bench: San Antonio

San Antonio vs. Mavericks
Parker >Terry
Finley=Ginobili
Bowen<Howard(except in some games)
Duncan>Dampier
Dirk>Nesterovic
Advantage: Even
Experience: Even

Bench:EVEN (yes i said even )
San Antonio vs. Phoenix Suns
Parker=Nash(very unsure-an arguable question)
Ginobili>Joe Johnson
Richardson>Bowen
Duncan>>>>>Amare and Marion
Nesterovic<Amare
Advantage:Even
Experience: US

Bench:US

Seattle vs San Antonio (need I even DO THIS ONE?????)
Ridnour<Parker
Ray Allen/Rashard=Bowen/Ginobili(offense and defense)
Duncan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reggie Evans
Rasho=James
Advantage:Us
Experience:US

Bench:US

As one can see, we can win any of these matchups. I know we can. We can beat Miami and Detroit too.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-11-2005, 05:52 PM
i think what the guy is trying to say is that when Martin was healthy in the first few games against us, he held up pretty well against us, however the games he was dominated he had the flu.

Hook Dem
04-11-2005, 05:59 PM
I think this guy is Mouse! He invents a new name every other day. Just look at Banjo Boy who says he is a Phoenix fan. (Thats Mouse )

pigknuckles
04-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Being a Detroit fan he should be more concerned with how pistons are going to get past Shaq.

MannyIsGod
04-11-2005, 06:05 PM
:lmao

exstatic
04-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh, and if you're going to write a "featured story", don't forget to do a spelling and grammar check next time.

Word. Two tips: liabilities is spelled that way, not in some sort of klepto-possesive manner like liability's. Numbers one through nine are always spelled out. Get a basic writing book if you expect to write for public consumption. No one will take you seriously, even if you have good points, if it looks like writing that a sixth grade teacher would kick back with red ink inundating the paper.

stéphane
04-11-2005, 06:28 PM
quite amazing of how some guys just go "let's match up position by position"...
2 teams facing never was and never will be PG against PG, SG...
funny bunch of shit nothing more

timvp
04-11-2005, 07:26 PM
combs84 just got own3d84.

I wonder if he'll post again.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Nive, timvp. ;)

Thank you exstatic, and look at that opening line for an example of how NOT to write. He's a bloody awful writer... and that's saying nothing about his thesis.

I love how, after describing all of the pundits tipping the Spurs at the start of the season, he comes out at THE END OF THE SEASON, when Tim, Manu, Rasho and Devin are beat up, and makes his "bold prediction". Ha! Any idiot could tell you that our first round matchup, under the current circumstance, is dicey. Duh.

Combs, that article is a joke.

TDfan2007
04-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Duncan (on one leg) > K-Mart/ Pau Gasol/ Yao Ming

Dirk and Amare will give him problems though, but by the time we play them his ankle should be a lot better (hopefully)

btw... anybody who doesn't think that the Spurs can run with the best of them is just plain stupid and should never write another article again. I mean seriously, this guys just been sipping a little too much... :drunk

stéphane
04-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Maybe you need to realize who posted this article:

http://www.nbabasketballnews.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2&sid=e3e581298b87d733facb1d442530182c

http://www.nbabasketballnews.com/forum/search.php?search_author=Combs

oh my god i laughed so hard !
my pants are all wet now haha
the webber thingie just made me roll on the floor...
this guy must eat 3clowns a day to be as funny everyday i will register to his forum... !!!

circles_eternal
04-11-2005, 08:03 PM
When you think of the Spurs, you must notice the fact that out of their 5 starters, 2 of them are offensive liability's. You can't sell ANY team like that as the Favorites to me.

it's not just about the offense. haven't you heard it enough? DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Guard play is good, you can't deny that. You can say they make a few head scratching plays, but at the end of the game they are going to have the solid output that the Spurs need. Chances are they won't dominate a game though.

did you not see the Spurs game against the Suns on January 21st? did you not see Manu own Phoenix that night? did you not see Tony Parker just take this team on his back last night against the Warriors?

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Genius wrote this article after the Spurs have been fighting injury for the last month.

Stupid pile of . . ..

Jdspur20
04-11-2005, 08:11 PM
i'm starting to think combs is in the 6th grade.

vsnba
04-11-2005, 08:20 PM
As long Tim Duncan is Healthy, Spurs will be fine,They will come out of west and if all starter all healthy they will championship. No one question Tim play. He need not prove anything. Two best palyer in the league are Tim and Shaq.
If others are better them let them win championship first ?

Leetonidas
04-11-2005, 08:39 PM
The only coach that has ever gotten the best of Gregg Popovich was Phil Jackson, really?

Duncan has never been beaten in the playoffs by a player not named Shaq?

wasn't Robinson a 20 a night guy the last time we won the championship, what changed there exactly?

Manu didn't drop 48 against phoenix, 40 against the clipps?
Parker didn't go off last night with 36, 12, and 6?

Duncan's doctors are wrog and we wont get him back until after the end of the season now?

Andre Miller > Tony Parker? Really?

Bruce isn't going to own Anthony?

The Mavericks are deeper than the Spurs?

The Suns didn't get crushed here at SBC and then lost to the Run-N-Gun spurs in the valley of the sun?

oh ok, well this guy clearly knows what he is talking about, the Spurs have no chance in hell.

Owned!

My rant time.

Dallas Mavericks- Perhaps the deepest bench in the league, the difference between this team and Maverick teams in years past? Defense. Their difference may be defense, but it's not enough. They beat us by 36, but no Tim and Devin, as well as no set offensive plays. That was Popovich's psychologcal ploy. Tim will command Double-teams, give people open shots, own Dirk on offense and Defense, and plug up the lane.

Seattle Sonics- Although they've hit a mini slump, their outside shooting could cause the Spurs major problems. The only question would be if Ridnour is mature enough to run the team and win in playoff style basketball.This team has relatively no experience in the playoffs. Tony owns Ridnour, and the Spurs are the best perimiter defending team, so outside shots will be nothing. Ray Allen fears Bruce, and Bruce digs under his skin. You cannot play mad.

Houston Rockets- This is a team that when at its best can beat you so many different ways. Yao is the X-factor. ...Do I even need to comment? Yao is a little puss, and can't do jack shit, he has no aggressiveness.

Phoenix Suns- I obviously couldn't leave out the number one ranked team out West. While I don't think Steve Nash has earned anything close to the MVP consideration he's getting, I do think the Suns are going to be tough to beat. Simple equations:

Suns = No Defense
Spurs = Great Defense, Great Offense.
Tim Duncan > Amare Stoudemire
Tony Parker > Steve Nash
Bruce + Defensive ownage = Shawn Marion with no game.
Rasho = Defensive presence, size advantage.
Manu = Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardon with broken ankles.

This team has no bench, and no size. The Spurs can run with them.

Rants are in bold. :lol

whottt
04-11-2005, 09:22 PM
:rollin

whottt
04-11-2005, 09:25 PM

:lol

Solid D
04-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. JAG

(Just Another Guy)

whottt
04-11-2005, 09:31 PM
I think Chris Webber when used the right way is the 3rd best PF in the game. :lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
04-11-2005, 09:32 PM
:lmao

who said that?????

whottt
04-11-2005, 09:37 PM
If "using him the right way" means trading him to your worst enemy, I guess I can see your point :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
04-11-2005, 09:38 PM
If "using him the right way" means trading him to your worst enemy, I guess I can see your point :lol

well he is one of the premier passing and jump shooting power fowards in the league :p

if a team needs their 4 man to take 19 footers, then webber is your man

Shelly
04-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Now where is that RED pen????

kskonn
04-11-2005, 10:26 PM
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

SpursWoman
04-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Word. Two tips: liabilities is spelled that way, not in some sort of klepto-possesive manner like liability's. Numbers one through nine are always spelled out. Get a basic writing book if you expect to write for public consumption. No one will take you seriously, even if you have good points, if it looks like writing that a sixth grade teacher would kick back with red ink inundating the paper.

OH NO! NOT THE RED INK!!! :wow :wow :lmao

LakerGod
04-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Totally agree with the Pistons fan...

Duncan or no Duncan...1st round exit!

LakerGod
04-12-2005, 12:04 AM
By the way the two victories against the Suns were a fluke.

The first one was before christmas and meaningless, the second one was when the Suns made a trade and had only 9 players in their roster.

howbouthemspurs
04-12-2005, 12:11 AM
What a stupid article. Thats my only comment for that,,, besides the one I just typed...... and that one too.

infinite styles
04-12-2005, 12:17 AM

The first one was before christmas and meaningless, the second one was when the Suns made a trade and had only 9 players in their roster.

Why does it matter if they only had 9 players in their roster? Their bench regardless will contribute about 10 points on a great night. If you ask me they should really only play with 7 cause their starting 5 scores all the points...so IMO that statement you made is pretty much worthless.

leemajors
04-12-2005, 12:23 AM
LakerGod that 52-30 is looking right on the money. i will kneal at yore alter

Experiment2100
04-12-2005, 01:57 AM

He did lead UNC to a national title.

Is that before or after the NBA passess a rule that gives the Spurs -4 wins to make your last prediction come through.

Slomo
04-12-2005, 03:44 AM

OMG!

The death blow! You know you're in trouble when LG agrees with you.

:lol

spursfan05
04-12-2005, 04:56 AM

youre pathetic

Ginofan
04-12-2005, 06:02 AM
Was this just posted to get people riled up? It makes no sense otherwise

Mark in Austin
04-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Martin is the more intense emotional player, Duncan is more talented.

Horseshit. This statement says all you need to know about the author. Martin is better at letting his emotions get the better of him and losing control than Duncan; but that's about the only thing he's better than Duncan at. What has Martin ever done besides catch lobs from Kidd and disappear in the biggest moments?

Never mistake control, focus, and determination for lack of intensity.

Useruser666
04-12-2005, 08:35 AM
More funny quotes:

If they get that 7th spot, more then likely they get the Spurs.

I dunno about anybody else but I think the Nuggets can take them. Remember the finals a few years ago when the young Kenyon Martin was d'ing up Tim Duncan? That was a pretty good series and this is a much more complete team.

That would definately be one 1st round matchup to watch.

Ishta
04-12-2005, 08:39 AM

OH look... he's out of hiding:angel

I knew it was too good to last...........:depressed

tekdragon
04-12-2005, 09:39 AM
combs, bro, I was going to talk some smack about your article, but I guess I don't have to anymore. There can't be a worse insult than LakerGod agreeing with you.

If you're not embarassed by that, don't worry: I'm embarassed for you.

davi78239
04-12-2005, 11:19 AM

No shit! Example, it's not to it's too!

Rummpd
04-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Writer wannabee, lost case.

Replying is like going after LakerGod, not worth the use of synapses.

Obstructed_View
04-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Even with injuries the Spurs have Detroit fans whistling in the dark. I love it.

td4mvp21
04-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I don't know what this guy sees in Martin. If I remember correctly, Duncan used and abused Martin. Duncan owned him. I think Martin only had one good game in that series. The rest he shot and played like crap.

Rydia
04-12-2005, 04:13 PM
That was cute....

He forgot to mention we have the Mvp of the world....

Love ya Manu!!

har har har

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-12-2005, 07:59 PM
td4mvp, I'm completely with you. The best power forwards own Martin.

I laughed at the start of the season when all these media pundits came out and talked about how he would help the Nuggets match up with Duncan and Garnett... ha! Those guys have owned Martin every time they've played. The Nuggets put Camby or Nene on those guys because Martin is too small and not good enough to defend them in the post.