PDA

View Full Version : Which "in between" Spurs team(s) broke your heart the most?

gospursgojas
09-09-2009, 02:16 AM
'00-'02 Spurs- fuck you lakers

'04 Spurs- fuck you Derrick Fisher

'06 Spurs- fuck you Manu (lol)

Current spurs team- fuck you injuries/age

cherylsteele
09-09-2009, 02:37 AM
'04 cause the Spurs had the game basically won and Fisher hit a once in a lifetime shot.

Although '06 was bad not just because of Manu's foul, but because the Spurs were so very close form winning the series after being down 3-1, a rare feat.

Quasar
09-09-2009, 04:32 AM
:(

NickiRasgo
09-09-2009, 04:37 AM
'

Hahahaha.

Gervin44Silas13
09-09-2009, 07:31 AM
1979 FU Doug Moe!!!!!!!
1990 FU ROD STRICKLAND and the behind the back pass!!!!!
1995 FU D. Rob (Sorry Dave) and D. Rodman!!!!!!!

San Antonio Spurs
9 Time NBA CHAMPIONS (4 rings Lost) 1979, 1990, 1995, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

RobinsontoDuncan
09-09-2009, 07:37 AM
2006. Don't forget .4 was in game 5, there is no guarantee we would have won a game 7

td_tp_manu
09-09-2009, 07:56 AM
2006. What a combat with Dallas!!

urunobili
09-09-2009, 08:02 AM

Dex
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM

I will never forget that feeling of going from an extreme sense of jubilation to an extreme pit of despair. I've been pissed off at a game before, but nothing has ever made me feel like the NBA has just run over my dog like that moment did.

jb4g
09-09-2009, 08:38 AM

I will never forget that feeling of going from an extreme sense of jubilation to an extreme pit of despair. I've been pissed off at a game before, but nothing has ever made me feel like the NBA has just run over my dog like that moment did.

x2, from elation to despair in the matter of seconds, i had a bunch of friends over to watch the game and we sat in stunned silence for a good 5 minutes after that shot, praying they wouldnt count the basket even though we all knew it was good.

Agloco
09-09-2009, 09:04 AM
1979 FU Doug Moe!!!!!!!
1990 FU ROD STRICKLAND and the behind the back pass!!!!!
1995 FU D. Rob (Sorry Dave) and D. Rodman!!!!!!!

San Antonio Spurs
9 Time NBA CHAMPIONS (4 rings Lost) 1979, 1990, 1995, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

While people always ride Rod's ass about this play, it's a well documented fact that Sean was supposed to cut to the basket there. He's admitted as much numerous times.

Stilll, I'm quite pissed that the Spurs didn't make it that year.

5 rings lost, no?

elbamba
09-09-2009, 10:17 AM
While people always ride Rod's ass about this play, it's a well documented fact that Sean was supposed to cut to the basket there. He's admitted as much numerous times.

Stilll, I'm quite pissed that the Spurs didn't make it that year.

5 rings lost, no?

That was probably the best Spurs team pre-Tim Duncan. I know the Spurs went farther with other teams, but that one looked like they had a shot to at least make it to the finals.

portnoy1
09-09-2009, 01:46 PM
2000-2002 team was the one, They had a simple but dominant system. Feed the post Tim scores 25-30 / DRob scores 15-20 / always have 3 perimeter players 1 of which can create of the dribble ( Anderson 15-20pts ) and Porter/Ferry for the 3's. On defense one Wing defender ( Anderson ) and the 2 big men inside to clog/block/Intimidate everything ( Tim/David) plus a bench featuring Daniels/Rose/Johnson/Elliott. The lakers picked that plan apart. Blitz Tim and Force the other guys to make plays and put it on the floor. Thats why Tim/Daniels had an Ok series and everybody else didn't do jack. Couldn't guard the rim cause DRob was always in Foul trouble and Couldn't help on Kobe cause he not only got to the rim so quickly but also lit it up from the perimeter since he could mid post/ shoot over 6-4 Daniels. Fisher couldn't miss and Shaq was to much for Tim since DRob was in foul trouble. Everyone says that if DA were available and at full strength the spurs might have won. Nonsense, They would lost in 5 and just not have gotten blown out so bad. Game 1 14pt loss / Game 2 7pt loss /Game 3 39pt route / Game 4 29pt route. And then 01-02 they had NO BALLS in the 4qt. Kobe stuck it to em' in each game, even the game the spurs won. Kobe turned the ball over; it was the lakers game to win. The lakers loss more than the spurs won.

howbouthemspurs
09-09-2009, 01:46 PM

'04 Spurs- fuck you Derrick Fisher

Current spurs team- fuck you injuries/age

04 Spurs cause i cried and made a hole in the wall with my fist..... that was a bad day.

EricB
09-09-2009, 02:11 PM

No question in my mind the Spurs should've won that series and would've beaten Phoenix and Miami.

baseline bum
09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Of those listed, easily the 04 team. Rob missed that wide open three in game 5 that would have iced the series. I mean it was off by a mile, and from the exact same spot he destroyed Sacramento from in 02. :pctoss

Then Turkoglu had his head up his vagina that whole series, Bruce got cold from the three-point line, and fucking Devean George of all people had the game of his life in game 5.

sa_kid20
09-09-2009, 02:33 PM
The .4 game was without a doubt the most heartbreaking experience i've ever had as a fan. I was at that game and the SBC Center just went crazy when Tim hit that shot and then..... It was a long walk to the parking lot.

2006 is also very hard to deal with because I know if we would've gotten pass the Mavs there is a good chance we win the title that year. The "what if" factor is what really stings about that year. I remember the morning after we lost Game 7 I had to take this test in my Algebra II class and I was just sitting there in my desk blankly starring at my paper. Sitting in that damn class room was the last place I wanted to be that morning.

picc84
09-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Of those listed, easily the 04 team. Rob missed that wide open three in game 5 that would have iced the series. I mean it was off by a mile, and from the exact same spot he destroyed Sacramento from in 02. :pctoss

In 2003 he missed the wide open 3 for us in the corner in game 5 that would have gave us the 3-2 lead. Looks like he screwed both of us during those two years.

Spurs Brazil
09-09-2009, 02:47 PM
06, because I'm not sure if we would beat the Pistons in the finals but in 06 Heat would have no chance against us

ploto
09-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Definitely, 2004. I thought going into the play-offs that the Spurs were completely outplaying every team in the NBA. I watched them blow out teams game after game in April. In 2006, I just never felt like that team would beat Dallas.

Mark in Austin
09-09-2009, 03:10 PM
2004. baseline bum said it best.

2006 hurt, but 2004 was an open sore for weeks.

sam1617
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
.4 game was the single most painful game of my life.

95 was the worst playoffs though.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-09-2009, 03:29 PM
All of them. Every single damn one of them. I have to gouge an eye out everytime the Spurs get eliminated from the playoffs.

portnoy1
09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
2000-2001 to the lakers was for me the worst. Its one thing to be able to say "if only this or that happened" Like in 04' 06'.Its quite another to see your team dismembered in 4 straight games with no decent reason as to why.

z0sa
09-09-2009, 03:40 PM
All of them. Every single damn one of them. I have to gouge an eye out everytime the Spurs get eliminated from the playoffs.

this but if i had to pick one of those, it would have to be 2004. The asskicking we got in 2001 sucked pretty bad, too. The Mavs thing I was just bitter - Spurs got robbed. It should never have been as close as one mistake costing everything if it was called right, but ahem water under the bridge, i guess.

nowadays we're contenders still.

TIMMYD!
09-09-2009, 04:06 PM
You know what's weird, if Fisher wouldn't of had hit that shot or Manu fouled we would have won the championship for 5 years in a row.

SpurNation
09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I got over the .04 in '04.

That stupid AND 1 in 06 though...ARRRRG!!

Especially Pop telling everybody before the play....DON'T FOUL.

HarlemHeat37
09-09-2009, 04:25 PM
the early 2000s don't bother me, because we really weren't that good..a lot of wins during the regular season, but that's it..it was Tim + a past his prime DRob + a bunch of scrubs..when Derek Anderson is your 3rd option, you know you're in trouble..the improvement was obviously going to happen when we brought in athleticism with Tony, Manu, and Jackson..

1999-2000 does bother me a little, because we had a solid shot at repeating if Timmy could have stayed healthy..

it's obviously between 2004 and 2006, but I'm gonna go with 2006 without having to think too much about it..

Fisher's shot was heart-breaking, probably the luckiest shot in NBA history, at least IMO..but we still could have won the next game and forced a game 6, but we didn't..so it's simple as that..

2006 was just horrible..the final game of the series, the game looks like it's over, and then Manu just had to foul..if he puts his hand back, we probably win the title..the officiating was also disgusting, but let's not get into that..Duncan did EVERYTHING he could the entire series, but that foul just killed it all..I'd imagine that Manu still thinks about it every once in a while..

FkLA
09-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Spurs in 00-02' were a great team but the Lakers were just too good...add in the fact that we had Duncan out in 00', Anderson in 01', and Robinson and his back problems in 02' and Spurs had no chance. They didnt hurt as bad as 04' and 06'.

The Spurs were ballin' in 04', totally destroyed the league in the last months of the season and had the Fab Four down 2-0...what people are forgetting is that we were down big that game. We made a badass comeback, took a 3-point lead I believe than the Lakers answered and re-took the lead. In comes Duncan and hits that crazy fadeaway. I'll never admit Fish's shot was legit, Ive put it behind me but he didnt catch and shoot. If you watch slow replays of it he catches the ball in the air sideways not even facing the basket, he lands, turns, than goes back up while fading away. It was a very smooth motion but regardless it wasnt simply a catch and shoot.

06' was another badass comeback, first from being down 3-1 and than from being down like by 20 points in that Game 7...Manu fucked up no doubt but thats part of the package u get with Manu's flair. Spurs couldve still won in overtime and the Mavs outplayed us. Still hurt like a mothafuker, although I took alittle joy in watching them choke in the Finals.

Leetonidas
09-09-2009, 04:40 PM
2004 sucked ass because of the fact, like bb said, we all went from extreme happiness to utter despair in an instant. Also because in the first two games, Tony Parker was dominating the Lakers and owning Payton, Fisher, and anyone else they could put on him. I still remember Parker hitting that 3 from near half-court at the end of a quarter and running up to the baseline fans and yelling and shit.

But, despite all that, I'm going with 2006 because that Spurs team was badass. They finished the season with their franchise record in wins and they were owning pretty much everyone that year. Also, they wouldn't have choked on cock like the Mavs did and would've completely owned the Suns and Heat that year. Not only that, they almost came back from being down 3-1, a very rare feat, and combined with Terry nut-punching Finley, Finley playing out of his mind in that series, and all the trash talk from Stackhouse, it was just such bullshit that Manu fouled Dirk. I've never been more pissed at one of our own players. Also, Tim had 40 points that night and was trying his damn hardest to do everything he could. And let's not even get into the biggest bullshit officiating we've all ever seen...at least the Mavs got their payback in the Finals. Karma's a bitch. :ihit

But, Manu did hit the three to put us up in the first place, and Duncan did miss the potential GOAT putback, so it's not all on him. Well, mostly it is I guess, but still...you live with Manu, you die with Manu.

alamo50
09-09-2009, 04:51 PM

My first visit to San Antonio for the playoffs and I was there when the Fakers closed the Alamodome in round 2.

Payback is a bitch as we closed the Forum a couple of years later though.

in2deep
09-09-2009, 04:58 PM

+1

they lost to the mavs in game 7 at home

nothing they could do about 01, 04

but they could have won in 06!!!!

:pctoss

TMTTRIO
09-09-2009, 05:06 PM
'04. That shot of Fischer's was a dagger in the heart especially after Tim had hit that amazing shot. '06 was painful too but I also felt like the way we were playing in that game seven we didn't even deserve to win it. That foul hurt and yeah maybe it would've been better if Manu never hit that 3 pointer in the first place. At the same time it's not as if it was the game ending play. We still had the opportunity in overtime to take the game but we couldn't get it done.

doobs
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM

We would've smoked Miami.

smrattler
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM

That's the only one I can say with no doubt in my mind that we had won the series (game 7 Manu foul) and would have made a routine elimination of Phoenix and overwhelmed a Miami team that counted on a team (Dallas) to get outcoached (Pop not gonna choke) and mentally break down (Spurs proven champs) to win a title.

Sense
09-09-2009, 10:17 PM
'04 and '06 obviously they would've won the finals...

IMHO

I think 04 hurt more because it was one shot that did it all... I didnt expect the Spurs to come back against Dallas in 06

Spursfan 87
09-09-2009, 11:39 PM
04 hands down, that was the only time I had cried after a ball game.

That shot by Duncan one of the tougher shot ever, and it was lost, because of that little piece of... Fisher. I still believe that shot should not had count, there's no way you can shot a fadeaway in .4 secs

daslicer
09-10-2009, 12:50 AM
I would say '04 espescially since I still believe today that that shot was a fucking farce but since it was done by the golden team it counted. On top of that I had hated Fisher way before that shot. He was the Laker believe it or not outside of Kobe I hated most due to him being a lackey/punk also that fucking smirk he has always gets on my nerves. Here's to hoping he breaks down this year ala Horry '07.

slick'81
09-10-2009, 01:00 AM
\\'06 even after falling down 3-1 i didnt think the spurs would lose to the mavs, then the huge rally in game 7 ended by fckn dirk nowitzk's and1 ....that series blew :bang

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-10-2009, 01:09 AM

Then Turkoglu had his head up his vagina that whole series, Bruce got cold from the three-point line, and fucking Devean George of all people had the game of his life in game 5.

This. Totally. Fucking Turkoglu, so good during the regular season, shot 32% in the playoffs. Choker... well, he was in 2004, anyway. :lol

06, because I'm not sure if we would beat the Pistons in the finals but in 06 Heat would have no chance against us

And this.

2004 Pistons vs Spurs probably would have gone 7 with the Pistons winning... :oops

LoneStarState'sPride
09-10-2009, 03:23 AM
Man, choosing which year hurt worse....'04 or '06.....damn. Well, I remember the .4 game vividly because my family was stationed overseas at the time and I had to get up at 3 AM just to watch the game on AFN (Armed Forces Network). I just remember me and my brother getting so pumped up watching SA come back from 20+ points down and that RIDICULOUS fadeaway shot of Timmy's all up in Shaq's grill. He didn't even frickin know it went in, he was so clutch on that shot. I just remember thinking there had to be some magic in the SBC Center or something, and getting the same goosebumps I did when Sean hit his shot in '99. Then to have it all just come crashing down on that shot of Fisher's......I'll be honest, I still get mad every time I see that clip (if I'm unfortunate enough not to remember to turn away, that is). I honestly don't know how I made it through school that day--i felt like a zombie for a couple days after that.

'06 though.....damn (again). The bullshit officiating......the asshole/belligerent fans in dallas.....falling behind 3-1....being down 20 points and battling back to take the lead on Manu's ice cold 3 pointer.....then committing the foul. Actually, now that I look back at it, I think this one hurt worse because I'd already begun to subconsciously count the Spurs out of the series. Not because I didn't believe in them--I just didn't think they'd ever get a fair enough shake from the officials to topple the apparent chosen ones of the western conference. Then getting my hopes up as they closed the gap to 3-2, then 3-3, and allowing myself to think, "They might actually win this thing!" only to see it crumble and see dallas celebrating on our court--damn, it still makes me want to vomit.

What makes it easier to reminisce is knowing not only that the teams that defeated us in '04 and '06 both lost in the finals in inglorious fashion, but that SA regrouped and won it all in the subsequent years. ;)