PDA

View Full Version : Rumors in Dallas regarding "Buckshot"

stretch
09-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I've heard rumors that they are in contact with Milwaukee about trading Buckner and a couple scrubs (probably Humphries and Jawai or something like that) for Kurt Thomas and Luke Ridnour.

Interesting. I'd still rather pursue Monta Ellis or Biedrins.

Ghazi
09-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Actually that's not very interesting, that's depressing. Kurt Thomas and Luke Ridnour? I wasn't expecting a superstar but I hope for more from the Buckshot!

stretch
09-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Actually that's not very interesting, that's depressing. Kurt Thomas and Luke Ridnour? I wasn't expecting a superstar but I hope for more from the Buckshot!

It's better than just keeping Buckner, you idiot.

At least they would get a guy who can hustle and play center, and a very solid backup PG in Ridnour. Not to mention that KTs contract is expiring as well.

Findog
09-09-2009, 12:16 PM

Warriors aren't trading those guys to the Mavs.

DPG21920
09-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I've heard rumors that they are in contact with Milwaukee about trading Buckner and a couple scrubs (probably Humphries and Jawai or something like that) for Kurt Thomas and Luke Ridnour.

Who can't be had for the amazing Buck Shot? F*cking Amazingville!

sribb43
09-09-2009, 12:30 PM
That was just a trade idea put out by Norm on the Ticket this morning.....HE thinks the Bucks are trying to clear cap space to match the offer for Sessions.

People complain about Gooden not being a center but Thomas is about 3 inches shorter so IMO he isnt really a backup center but another PF added to the roster

Muser
09-09-2009, 12:54 PM

:lmao

stretch
09-09-2009, 01:10 PM

trying to imitate shank's joke = fail

LEONARD
09-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I've heard rumors that they are in contact with Milwaukee about trading Buckner and a couple scrubs (probably Humphries and Jawai or something like that) for Kurt Thomas and Luke Ridnour

"I've heard rumors" = listening to Norm on 1310 :lol

stretch, the nba insider!!! woohoo :lol

DPG21920
09-09-2009, 02:14 PM
trying to imitate shank's joke = fail

Warriors aren't trading those guys to the Mavs.

Having someone from your own fanbase making fun of Spurs fans for something that you just did = fail

eisfeld
09-09-2009, 04:11 PM
That was just a trade idea put out by Norm on the Ticket this morning.....HE thinks the Bucks are trying to clear cap space to match the offer for Sessions.

People complain about Gooden not being a center but Thomas is about 3 inches shorter so IMO he isnt really a backup center but another PF added to the roster

Considering their size you are right. Still, Thomas, despite being able to play both positions, belongs to the more decent centers in the NBA while Gooden can't player Center to save his life.

stretch
09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
"I've heard rumors" = listening to Norm on 1310 :lol

stretch, the nba insider!!! woohoo :lol

hi spursdynasty

Having someone from your own fanbase making fun of Spurs fans for something that you just did = fail

I never said they would be able to get those guys just for the Buckshot and scrubs. I just said I would rather see them pursue those guys.

Jumping to conclusions = fail

DJB
09-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Who the fuck is Buckner?

monosylab1k
09-09-2009, 04:44 PM
"I've heard rumors" = listening to Norm on 1310

Well considering Norm is a radio personality, it's entirely accurate for stretch to say that he heard the rumor. Nice try, MMA fagboy.

monosylab1k
09-09-2009, 04:46 PM

He's not the only one

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2009

We know the Mavs are discussing the idea of sending Greg Buckner’s vanishing contract to Milwaukee

DPG21920
09-09-2009, 04:47 PM
:cry I never said that :cry :cry I said I want them to pursue them someway :cry

Fail is wanting to pursue guys you have no shot at.

monosylab1k
09-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey DPG when are we gonna hoop again?

DPG21920
09-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I am down pretty much whenever to be honest. I found a better court (full length, normal sized hoops) pretty close to the other ones. They are on skillman and mockingbird.

monosylab1k
09-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I am down pretty much whenever to be honest. I found a better court (full length, normal sized hoops) pretty close to the other ones. They are on skillman and mockingbird.

:tu I'm in for Monday or Tuesday afternoons.

monosylab1k
09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Also, regarding the topic, I have no interest whatsoever in Luke Ridnour. We already have an undersized, streaky shooting PG who can't play defense, except Barea can drive to the basket. Also, I'd rather any minutes Ridnour might get, go to Roddy Boobs instead.

Now if we give up basically nothing and get Kurt Thomas in return, I'm interested, but it's not like Kurt Thomas does anything significant to help the team. Improves the defense some, but that's about it.

DPG21920
09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Sounds good to me. I have not played since the last time we were out there.

LEONARD
09-09-2009, 05:00 PM
hi spursdynasty

hi monosylab1k

Well considering Norm is a radio personality, it's entirely accurate for stretch to say that he heard the rumor. Nice try, MMA fagboy.

Clever...

He said it to make it look like he had some insight...he didn't...

Shank
09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Did someone call me?

BlackSwordsMan
09-09-2009, 05:26 PM
no

monosylab1k
09-09-2009, 06:10 PM
He said it to make it look like he had some insight...

:lmao did he? so "I've heard some rumors" means he's implying he has some inside connection? That's a reach even for you.

Findog
09-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Sounds good to me. I have not played since the last time we were out there.

I'm down for next Monday after work. Skillman and Abrams? Do you have an exact address?

DPG21920
09-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I think it is skillman and mockingbird. I will do a drive by to see exactly and try and find an address.