PDA

View Full Version : The Fanbases: Top Ten WORST

Clutch City 01
09-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Sports fans are complicated. First off, they can be huge liars. For example, Yankees fans despise Red Sox stars like Josh Beckett, Kevin Youkilis, Dustin Pedroia, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Jonathan Papelbon, but, unless they're lying, they'll admit they'd take each and every one of those players and welcome them to the Bronx with open arms. Why? Because they're fantastic players. But they hate them because they are rivals. It's not a knock on sports fans, but it's the truth. Also, there's a fine line. There's a fine line between being flat out obnoxious and being supportive and passionate. Let's take a look at the top ten best and worst fans.
Worst (most obnoxious/fair weather)

10. Oakland Raiders: I should probably put them higher, but why hate them even more than needed when they're 24-56 the last five seasons? The problem with Raiders fans is simple: they try too hard to be tough. Most of their hardcore fans are above 40, and as Bleacher Bloggers put it - and accurately so - "there's nothing worse than someone who acts tough but is soft as a marshmallow." (http://www.bleacherbloggers.com/post/2149/top-ten-worst-sports-fans) It's somewhat excusable when you see obnoxious fanbases like the Steelers, Eagles, Yankees, Red Sox, or Lakers, because, admit it, those teams are great. But the Raiders are irrelevant. Since 2003, they are getting outscored, 2322-1594. And while preseason means nothing, they looked like their normal selves. When was the last time you heard of a preseason game ending 45-7? Well, in Week 3, the Raiders lost to the Saints, 45-7.

9. Washington Redskins: The Washington Redskins, or as some like to call them, the Deadskins, don't have the bad wrap like the Eagles, Cowboys, Jets, Phillies, Yankees, Sox, Lakers, or even the Pukie Dukies, but are very underrated - just in a bad way. Anybody who lives near DC knows that. I actually think of them as a joke. Almost every year, they start off very well. The consensus around Redskin Nation is that the team is headed to the Super Bowl. For example, this past year, they started 6-2, and even beat the Cowboys and Eagles, but fans overlooked one thing. Of the teams they faced, the opposing record was 53-74-1. They even played the two worst teams in the league (Lions and Rams), and also played the Browns. Those three teams combine for a 6-42 record, and the Skins outscored them by just 11, and even lost to the Rams. But the Skins are headed to the Bowl! Of course, they finished 8-8.

8. New York Jets: J-E-T-S! Jets Jets Jets! Over the years, New York Jets fans have made that chant much too popular. There are many myths around Jets Nation, and Cold Hard Football Facts did a tremendous job debunking (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=185) them in 2004. The Jets have loyal fans, but it's too obvious that a lot of youngsters became NFL fans and heard about the famous upset in Super Bowl III, a 16-7 Jets win over the Baltimore Colts, and became Jets fans. Jets fans are definitely taunters, as are most New Yorkers. The chant is getting old.

7. Dallas Cowboys: Before I go on, keep one thing in mind: whatever team you root for, the Dallas Cowboys are definitely superior. And there's no doubt about it. You know why? Five Super Bowls. But they haven't won a playoff game in 13 years! Five Super Bowls. But Tony Romo can't win the big game! Five Super Bowls. Quite a few of them live in the past, unable to face the reality of 1997-2009. Also, the America's Team nickname rubs people the wrong way.

6. Philly Fans: I think Philly fans get a very bad rep. Like most athletes that are familiar with the media, they are blown out of proportion/misunderstood/unfairly labeled. They have a reputation for being out-of-line. And it's undeniable that Philly fans aren't angels. They threw batteries at JD Drew because he was drafted by the Phillies years before, and didn't sign, when it really wasn't his fault. The man to blame was his mega-agent, Scott Boras. And they cheered when Cowboys WR Michael Irvin lay motionless on the ground, and cheered even more when ambulance was called. And who can forget the infamous snowballing of Santa Claus? But, one thing remains. They are loyal. They boo. They are obnoxious. But they are loyal, and even through the tough times with both teams, they show up, and in bunches.

5. New York Yankees: As I said, there's a fine line. The Yankees cross it. They have always had the loyal supports who will back up their guys at all cost, but not all of them. You can be a diehard, but you can also be polite. And you can also be the direct opposite of polite, but still be loyal. Not the Yankees. Sometimes, you'll see normal Yanks fans who like the real Bronx Bombers, like Derek Jeter, Paul O'Neill, Mariano Rivera, or Andy Pettitte. Ben Heller did a fantastic job profiling them (http://www.cbssports.com/spin/story/10819500), and we all know cases of each of Ben's examples existing. And let's not forget the Yankees fans who live in Bristol, CT, aka the Baseball Tonight crew.

4. Duke Basketball: Ah, the Pukie Dukies. The Cameron Crazies. To quote Wikipedia, "they have earned a reputation as the rowdiest, wittiest, and most organized college basketball fans." Duke is very good, and it's a bad thing, at getting inside players' heads. For example, Adrian Branch, who starred at the University of Maryland from 1981 to 85, was once arrested for use of marijuana, and Duke fans behind the basket yelled 'Freeze. Police!' when he shot a free throw. Who can forget when fellow Terrapin Donald Veal once got arrested for rape and Duke fans showered him with panties - over 1,000 of them - and had signs saying "Hey Herm, did you send her flowers?". Or NC State's Lorenzo Charles, who was arrested for stealing pizzas. The Crazies threw pizza boxes all over the court. I admire the creativity. But I'm sensing some hostility here.

3. Los Angeles Lakers: Ask a casual basketball fan who their favorite NBA team is. Chances are, they'll say they've been a fan of the Los Angeles Lakers for their entire life. And chances are, it's mularkey. Don't get me wrong, the Lakers have had fans all along, but when was the last time they had to deal with rough times? 2004, when they had their first losing record in 12 years? Oh, the horror. Again, I'm not saying Lakers Nation is all bandwagon, but it's tough not to notice how many fans the Lakers have gained over the last two years. And a lot of them don't really care for the team. They only care for Kobe. Ask them who Luke Walton is, and they'll likely bring up Star Wars.
2. Boston Red Sox: Red Sox fans too, have been there for a while. But, Red Sox Nation makes me cringe. They always blow things out of proportion. For example, after getting swept in four games by the Yankees by a combined score of 25-8, many Sox fans hit the panic button, when in reality, it was only four games in a 162 game schedule. To be precise, that series made up exactly 2.5 percent of the season. But don't get me wrong, most Red Sox fans are loyal, but after the Sox won the World Series in 2004 (their first since 1918), many jumped on the Red Sox Nation bandwagon.

1. Tampa Bay Rays: Talk about a sickening fanbase. From 1998-2007, the Rays suffered some needed growing pains to rebuild an expansion franchise. In 2008, a year after being the worse team in all of baseball, the Rays won 95 games, winning the American League East. In 2008, their average attendance per home game was 22,370, which jumped 5,000 from the previous season. Still, that's very pedestrian for a playoff team, much less the best team in a very tough division. But in the playoffs, fans came out of nowhere. In their first game, against the Chicago White Sox, there were over 35,000 fans. But that's nothing. In Game 7 of the ALCS, over 40,000 fans came out. It seems odd, doesn't it?

http://mvn.com/outsider/2009/09/the-fanbases-top-ten-best-and-worst.html

PGDynasty24
09-09-2009, 11:14 PM
with exception of the rays. All winning franchises....hmmm

Mel_13
09-09-2009, 11:21 PM
The writer:
http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0003/3514/n785120505_3260142_4053_profile_page.jpg

An excerpt from his bio:
I'm 16 years old, I turn 17 on January 28th. I was born in Rockville, MD, and I now live in suburban Silver Spring, MD. That said, I am no DC fan. Truth be told, I can't stand DC. I'm a Baltimore guy. Love the Ravens, love the Orioles, love everything related to Baltimore.
http://bleacherreport.com/users/32043-isaac-barrow

IronMexican
09-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Pshh. Raiders are the most dedicated fanbase to a sorry team. We deserve props for sticking to this team.

DPG21920
09-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Laker fans know how bad they are. They are the worst in basketball by far and almost the worst in all of sports.

I guarantee that if the advertising on jerseys comes to fruition, they will be known as the "Los Angeles Ed Hardys" and they will play in "Fashionably Late Center"

IronMexican
09-09-2009, 11:26 PM
And some of these make no sense. Why is he ripping Duke fans for ripping them for something they did? I thought it was creative when that mormon had that white blow up doll.

DPG21920
09-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Ya, the reasons and explanations did not match up very well with this list.

Culburn369
09-09-2009, 11:40 PM
they will play in "Fashionably Late Center"

DPG, with marching order & talking points down pat, makin' like a sheep.

eisfeld
09-09-2009, 11:41 PM
The writer:
http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0003/3514/n785120505_3260142_4053_profile_page.jpg

An excerpt from his bio:
I'm 16 years old, I turn 17 on January 28th. I was born in Rockville, MD, and I now live in suburban Silver Spring, MD. That said, I am no DC fan. Truth be told, I can't stand DC. I'm a Baltimore guy. Love the Ravens, love the Orioles, love everything related to Baltimore.
http://bleacherreport.com/users/32043-isaac-barrow

now that's a good find!
Good to see a 16 year old write like an average adult... well sometimes maybe.

DJB
09-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Hahaha. Wow it sucks to be in the top 10, let alone #3. God other than winning titles because of your huge market, the Lakers fucking blow in just about everything else.

DisAsTerBot
09-10-2009, 08:53 AM
DPG, with marching order & talking points down pat, makin' like a sheep.

:lol
from the guy who parrots all his favorite movies
:rolleyes

monosylab1k
09-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Dunno why he says Raider fans are fake tough. I would never go into the Black Hole wearing Patriots gear because there's a very good possibility I would literally get murdered.

Also, Youtube has tons of videos of Raiders fans in the stands beating the hell out of Charger fans. Wanna talk fake-tough fans? Charger fans are #1 (see TSA, ducks, Fabbs, etc.)

carrao45
09-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Hahaha. Wow it sucks to be in the top 10, let alone #3. God other than winning titles because of your huge market, the Lakers fucking blow in just about everything else.

Who needs anything besides titles?

rjv
09-10-2009, 09:21 AM
lol at raiders fan still crying about the tuck rule; very true about the lakers fan base (half were probably bulls fans in the 90's), and yes cowboys fans, what has your team done lately?

TheMACHINE
09-10-2009, 10:13 AM

:lobt2:

jacobdrj
09-10-2009, 10:13 AM
What? A bad fan base is one that doesn't even show up when 'their' team wins...

Atlanta, Miami, and New Jersey fans blow. None of them deserve professional basketball teams.

ambchang
09-10-2009, 10:29 AM
You can't really blame the Laker fans for being bandwaggon fans when the whole franchise's "winning history" was based on coattailing.

The "legacy" that started it all actually begins with George Mikon in Minneapolis, it has nothing to do with LA. After they left Minny, they kept the name Lakers, even though it makes no sense at all. In fact, when you ask an average Laker "fan" why the Lakers have that name, they would answer either "I don't know", or "It's a variation of the name LAers, or people from LA".

Anyways, the franchise next won titles not because of how well the organization was ran, but because Chamberlain wanted to be there because of the celebrities. Same deal with Jabbar, who requested a trade to a major market because it didn't fit his cultural needs (I am sure easy women really mix with the Muslim faith).

The story repeats itself with attention whores Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal, and has absolutely nothing to do with how well the Lakers operate.

You can't expect fans to stay loyal to a franchise that was built on players who doesn't value loyalty and only care about the limelight.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 10:56 AM
You can't really blame the Laker fans for being bandwaggon fans when the whole franchise's "winning history" was based on coattailing.

The "legacy" that started it all actually begins with George Mikon in Minneapolis, it has nothing to do with LA. After they left Minny, they kept the name Lakers, even though it makes no sense at all. In fact, when you ask an average Laker "fan" why the Lakers have that name, they would answer either "I don't know", or "It's a variation of the name LAers, or people from LA".

Anyways, the franchise next won titles not because of how well the organization was ran, but because Chamberlain wanted to be there because of the celebrities. Same deal with Jabbar, who requested a trade to a major market because it didn't fit his cultural needs (I am sure easy women really mix with the Muslim faith).

The story repeats itself with attention whores Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal, and has absolutely nothing to do with how well the Lakers operate.

You can't expect fans to stay loyal to a franchise that was built on players who doesn't value loyalty and only care about the limelight.

Just sour grapes.

Every team has bandwagoners. We're no exceptions, we're just World Champions and thusly held beneath contempt. It's the cross we bear.

And the estrangement twixt MN & CA that amb broaches above will become more pregnant if/when we scale that 17 World Championships by Boston. That is a scared record (like the one where we couldn't win a Finals in Boston||||until '85|||tee, hee).

There were some grumblings during the '09 Finals, some code words laid in about Minnesota/California...to set the stage for the assault should it become necessa as the threat to the 17 becomes palpable.

The motherf'ers.

manufan10
09-10-2009, 10:56 AM
What? A bad fan base is one that doesn't even show up when 'their' team wins...

Atlanta, Miami, and New Jersey fans blow. None of them deserve professional basketball teams.

I agree. Pick teams that have a crappy fan base who never show up to games. I would say those teams have some of the best fan bases. I would take those fan bases over Atlanta, Miami, New Jersey, and whatever other sports city that fans don't show up to games.

BUMP
09-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Just sour grapes.

Every team has bandwagoners. We're no exceptions, we're just World Champions and thusly held beneath contempt. It's the cross we bear.

And the estrangement twixt MN & CA that amb broaches above will become more pregnant if/when we scale that 17 World Championships by Boston. That is a scared record (like the one where we couldn't win a Finals in Boston||||until '85|||tee, hee).

There were some grumblings during the '09 Finals, some code words laid in about Minnesota/California...to set the stage for the assault should it become necessa as the threat to the 17 becomes palpable.

The motherf'ers.

I get what your saying and its a good point.

I just wish you'd translate it :lol

ambchang
09-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Just sour grapes.

The motherf'ers.

:lmao

The Lakers won most 6 of those championships when the league had a small number of teams, then a few more before salary caps were put in place to give an unfair advantage to big market teams.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but to somehow say equate the difficulty of winning the championships across eras is just laughable.

BTW, every team has bandwagon fans, there is no secret about it, just that the Lakers have such an enormous % of it that it's noticable to all.

And is it not true that superstars flock to the Lakers not because of the team, but the glamour of the city? Why so sensitive around that fact? Nothing wrong with using an advantage that has absolutely nothing to do with the team but everything to do with location and the movie industry.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I get what your saying and its a good point.

I just wish you'd translate it :lol

Translation: if the Lakers tie or surpass the Celtics titles total they'll be a campaign, perhaps even officially to discount or even separate the Minnesota titles for the Lakers. Media/NY will not stand in silence.

uh, the motherf'ers.

NRHector
09-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Lakers fans why don't you show the same support for the Clippers? they are from LA.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:05 AM

The Lakers won most 6 of those championships when the league had a small number of teams, then a few more before salary caps were put in place to give an unfair advantage to big market teams.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but to somehow say equate the difficulty of winning the championships across eras is just laughable.

Boston likewise, amb...they gorged themselves on the regional draft. They changed the rule to get Bird into Boston, then changed it back so nobody else could feed at that same trough.

We all know where the bear shit in the buckwheat.

stretch
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Raider fans are probably the most loyal fanbase in all of sports.

Steeler fans should be up there. Those fags are such fairweather fans, and stupid as hell. They should be right up there with Laker, Cowboy, and Celtic fans in terms of homerism.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah +1 with the Steelers fans. Someone I live with claims to be a Steelers fan, has never lived in Pittsburg, and doesn't even know who James Harrison is.

BUMP
09-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Lakers fans why don't you show the same support for the Clippers? they are from LA.

Please...if the NBA made the San Antonio Fluffy Gophers tomorrow as an expansion team, would you start rooting for them considering the Spurs past success? Would anybody?

NRHector
09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Please...if the NBA made the San Antonio Fluffy Gophers tomorrow as an expansion team, would you start rooting for them considering the Spurs past success? Would anybody?why not? I'm a homer

Mel_13
09-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Boston likewise, amb...they gorged themselves on the regional draft. They changed the rule to get Bird into Boston, then changed it back so nobody else could feed at that same trough.

Nice story. The only part that is true is that the loophole used to select Bird was closed after he signed. That loophole was available to the five teams that selected ahead of Boston in the 1978 draft. The rest of the story is not true.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Nice story. The only part that is true is that the loophole used to select Bird was closed after he signed. That loophole was available to the five teams that selected ahead of Boston in the 1978 draft. The rest of the story is not true.

Yes, it is true.

Mel_13
09-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Yes, it is true.

No, it's not. The Celtics did not gorge themselves on territorial picks, making use of that provision only once while it existed. The Laker franchise, by contrast, made use of the provision five times, including twice in LA. The territorial provision was ended 12 years before Bird was drafted, so there was no rule change to allow the Celtics to draft him.

So yeah, except for closing the loophole used by Boston to draft Bird the rest of your story was fictional.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 11:53 AM
No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

Mel_13
09-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, it is.

Tom Heinsohn was a territorial pick of the Celtics in 1956. There were no others. Either prove otherwise or follow your proclamation from the Stockton thread:

When I'm wrong on this Forum I admit it and have numerous times.

resistanze
09-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Tampa Bay at #1 is retarded. They were an expansion team that hadn't made the playoffs since their inception in what, 1997? You really expected groundbreaking attendance records?

ambchang
09-10-2009, 12:08 PM

Did you ever find me paying attention to the number of championships a franchise won as some measuring stick of their success?

IronMexican
09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Being a fan of both teams, I'd say Laker fans are much more die-hard than Raider fans. Raider fans are just rowdy, and attract a lot of thugs. Its quite fun seeing the other teams fans shiver in the presence of Raider fans.

I'd go with Raider fans.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Did you ever find me paying attention to the number of championships a franchise won as some measuring stick of their success?

Only when it aids & suits ya.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Tom Heinsohn was a territorial pick of the Celtics in 1956.

You just proved me right.

Mel_13
09-10-2009, 12:15 PM
You just proved me right.

So rather than admit you're wrong, you've chosen hypocrisy.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:17 PM
So rather than admit you're wrong, you've chosen hypocrisy.

Nonsense. You want to abide the letter, I'm abiding it.

Mel_13
09-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Nonsense. You want to abide the letter, I'm abiding it.

You were wrong that they gorged themselves on regional picks. You refuse to admit it. Hypocrite.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:25 PM
You were wrong that they gorged themselves on regional picks.

No, I was right.

Mel_13
09-10-2009, 12:26 PM
No, I was right.

Hypocrite

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Hypocrite

Liar.

Spursfan092120
09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
:lobt2:
aww..how cute..going to the "we got a trophy" response. The same one everyone bashes the Spurs for doing.

Mel_13
09-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Liar.

I have provided evidence of your hypocrisy. Your evidence consists of insisting you are right without proof.

If you are going to call me a liar, at least show some proof.

Hypocrite.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I have provided evidence of your hypocrisy. Your evidence consists of insisting you are right without proof.

Hypocrite.

Yer still a liar.

manufan10
09-10-2009, 12:57 PM

Hypocrite.

:troll

He's never going to own up to it. He's a troll. He's of the same make as KBP, except he has slightly better English.

ambchang
09-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Only when it aids & suits ya.

Show me, show me where I have ever said a franchise > other franchise based solely on the # of championships.

If you can't find it, own up to it and admit you were wrong, like you said you would.

ambchang
09-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I had one piece of toast this morning.
According to Culburn, I gorged myself on toast.

My Fault
09-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Being a fan of both teams, I'd say Laker fans are much more die-hard than Raider fans. Raider fans are just rowdy, and attract a lot of thugs. Its quite fun seeing the other teams fans shiver in the presence of Raider fans.

I highly doubt that. Granted every team has bandwagon fans, the Lakers have the most by far. Now that they won the ship they seem to have much more lately showing "their pride".

stretch
09-10-2009, 01:03 PM

No one was saying die-hard or rowdy. Loyalty. The Laker fanbase is the biggest bandwagon fanbase in all of sports. Laker fans should know this as well as anyone.

Mel_13
09-10-2009, 01:03 PM
:troll

He's never going to own up to it. He's a troll. He's of the same make as KBP, except he has slightly better English.

Yep

stretch
09-10-2009, 01:07 PM
and doesn't even know who James Harrison is.

Shawne Merriman 2.0

Another roided up pass rushing LB. Harrison got too big and too good, too quickly. I'd say there is a 100% chance that he did roids. You can even see him in games, the way he acts with uncontrolled rage, punching people in the head for no reason. I can't wait for him to get busted.

stretch
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Everyone likes a winner, stretch.:king

Neat. They are still the douchiest fanbase in sports, because as soon as Shaq was gone and they weren't winning, "laker fans" began rooting for the Heat or other teams.

Most fairweather fanbase around, no question.

manufan10
09-10-2009, 01:19 PM
lol at raiders fan still crying about the tuck rule; very true about the lakers fan base (half were probably bulls fans in the 90's), and yes cowboys fans, what has your team done lately?

Nothing, and the good hardcore fans realize it. :toast

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 01:19 PM
The Laker fanbase is the biggest bandwagon fanbase in all of sports.

That's just because Media says it, drills it in and tells you to pass it on, stretch. We're no more bandwagonish than any other fanbase.

Halberto
09-10-2009, 01:25 PM
now that's a good find!
Good to see a 16 year old write like an average adult... well sometimes maybe.

When I started reading the opening paragraph I could tell they couldn't write lol

TheMACHINE
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Neat. They are still the douchiest fanbase in sports, because as soon as Shaq was gone and they weren't winning, "laker fans" began rooting for the Heat or other teams.

You are right...we probably do have the biggest bandwagon fans. Like Lakaluva said, people like winners. Thats probably why Dallas Mavs dont have bandwagoners. Who would want to hop in a loser's wagon?

IronMexican
09-10-2009, 02:29 PM

I rooted for the Heat against every team that year cause I am a Shaq fan.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Shawne Merriman 2.0

Another roided up pass rushing LB. Harrison got too big and too good, too quickly. I'd say there is a 100% chance that he did roids. You can even see him in games, the way he acts with uncontrolled rage, punching people in the head for no reason. I can't wait for him to get busted.

I didn't even think of that, but it's so true.

stretch
09-10-2009, 03:31 PM
You make it seem like our winning titles started and ended with Shaq. News FLash!!! We still sold out most if not all of our games, and Kobe's Jersey remained a best seller worldwide. People just love winners, accept it.

ROFL most???

That's how you know its a bandwagon fanbase. When they go from having such a massive "fanbase" to not selling out games in the matter of less than a year.

You are right...we probably do have the biggest bandwagon fans. Like Lakaluva said, people like winners. Thats probably why Dallas Mavs dont have bandwagoners. Who would want to hop in a loser's wagon?

Who would want bandwagon fans in their fanbase? I don't care if the Mavs went on to win 10 straight titles, I would not want a single person to be a fan of the Mavs just because they are winning. Anyone who does, is instantly a douche, like yourself. $100 says that you are a bandwagon fan as well. Another $100 says that you will claim to have always been a fan, as do all the other Lakerfans who are full of shit.

So in essence, are you trying to say they're jealous of us winning over fans?

If we were that jealous, we would be like 98% of the other "laker fans" who were at one point, fans of other teams, and jumped onto the laker bandwagon because it was the "cool" thing to do, which is why the laker fanbase is the lamest fanbase around.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 03:37 PM
If we were that jealous, we would be like 98% of the other "laker fans" who were at one point, fans of other teams, and jumped onto the laker bandwagon because it was the "cool" thing to do, which is why the laker fanbase is the lamest fanbase around.

Total nonsense. Each & every fanbase is flighty and prone to jumping on & off. It's the nature of the beast.

jack sommerset
09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
That list should be the top 10 best.

stretch
09-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Total nonsense. Each & every fanbase is flighty and prone to jumping on & off. It's the nature of the beast.

Laker fanbase is 120% worse than all other teams

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Laker fanbase is 120% worse than all other teams

Poppycock.

DPG21920
09-10-2009, 04:14 PM
tlongII should be his own worst fanbase.

j/k, but seriously.

DenDen
09-10-2009, 04:40 PM

I bet anything if the clippers ever start dominating and if the lakers fall off the map, all those life long laker will become life long clipps fan in a heartbeat.

TheMACHINE
09-10-2009, 05:20 PM
ROFL most???

Who would want bandwagon fans in their fanbase? I don't care if the Mavs went on to win 10 straight titles, I would not want a single person to be a fan of the Mavs just because they are winning. Anyone who does, is instantly a douche, like yourself. $100 says that you are a bandwagon fan as well. Another $100 says that you will claim to have always been a fan, as do all the other Lakerfans who are full of shit.

Its simple logic...you win and you'll have bandwagoners. Since you hate bandwagoners so much, just keep praying the Mavs will STAY all time losers. SIMPLE AS THAT. I rather WIN and have a million bandwagon fans then never win a title at all. You're on the right track though. I doubt Mavs will ever win one.

Ghazi
09-10-2009, 05:25 PM
This list is fail without the Hornets' fanbase. They had a similar bandwagon projection to that of the Rays.

and Machine, stop posting please. This team smack is so pathetically elementary that it's hard to get offended. You suck

LnGrrrR
09-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Red Sox fans are obnoxious, but I wouldn't say we're one of the "worst" fanbases. Granted, there's a lot of know-nothings that we picked up after 2004, but your average Boston fan who watches games knows a good deal about baseball. Fenway Park is always sold out, and Red Sox fans are willing to travel great distances to see their team.

Can we be asshats? Of course. But number 2? Eh, I don't think so.

LnGrrrR
09-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I would've thought that the Pats would have a bunch of bandwagon fans by this point as well, but it seems everyone hates them but New Englanders. Go figure.

Phillip
09-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Its simple logic...you win and you'll have bandwagoners. Since you hate bandwagoners so much, just keep praying the Mavs will STAY all time losers. SIMPLE AS THAT. I rather WIN and have a million bandwagon fans then never win a title at all. You're on the right track though. I doubt Mavs will ever win one.

insecure because he knows hes a bandwagon fag

crc21209
09-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Sox ahead of the Yankees? :lol I don't think so. Lakers-Yankees should be 1-2.

crc21209
09-10-2009, 07:18 PM
red sox fans are obnoxious, but i wouldn't say we're one of the "worst" fanbases. Granted, there's a lot of know-nothings that we picked up after 2004, but your average boston fan who watches games knows a good deal about baseball. Fenway park is always sold out, and red sox fans are willing to travel great distances to see their team.

Can we be asshats? Of course. But number 2? Eh, i don't think so.

+1

KSeal
09-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Sox ahead of the Yankees? :lol I don't think so. Lakers-Yankees should be 1-2.

Since 04 the Sox fan base is just as bad if not worse then the Yankees and Lakers. They've gained so many douche bag pink hat wearing faggot fans since they won that title.

TheMACHINE
09-10-2009, 07:49 PM

insecure because he knows hes a bandwagon fag

cuz all lakers fans are bandwagoners right? :lol

so when lakers fans disagree and say there arnt bandwagoners, you complain...and when i agree that there is, you complain. LOL

lose-lose situation right?

KSeal
09-10-2009, 08:02 PM
I bet anything if the clippers ever start dominating and if the lakers fall off the map, all those life long laker will become life long clipps fan in a heartbeat.

monosylab1k
09-10-2009, 08:05 PM
cuz all lakers fans are bandwagoners right? :lol

every single one who became a fan after 1984 for sure. before that, it's not as easy to tell, but pretty likely.

Dunc n Dave
09-11-2009, 12:39 AM
I had one piece of toast this morning.
According to Culburn, I gorged myself on toast.

:rollin
LMAO at ambchang taking a huge steaming shit all over Culburn.
:toast

DenDen
09-11-2009, 02:34 AM
IF, the key word is IF

v2freak
09-11-2009, 03:02 AM
I agree that a lot of Red Sox fans constantly have their hands out and a "what have you done for me lately" attitude. I can't stand it, but they are a committed bunch. List looks about right.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 05:31 AM
:rollin
LMAO at ambchang taking a huge steaming shit all over Culburn.
:toast

He's compelled.

tee, hee.