PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem better than both Duncan and shaq!

jazzypimp
09-10-2009, 03:01 PM
That's what Robert Horry thinks:

When asked who was the best center he ever played with, Horry, who played the middle for the Crimson Tide, didn’t bat an eyelash when he declared former Houston Rockets’ great Hakeem Olajuwon as the top slotman.

“He was so talented and could do so many different things. I’d put him on top and Tim [Duncan] and Shaquille [O’Neal] can trade places for second and third.”

Horry then paused, smiled, and made sure he was clear with his intentions, “Hey, Shaq and Tim...I love you guys, okay?”

http://businessmirror.com.ph/home/sp...the-dream.html (http://businessmirror.com.ph/home/sports/15822-big-shot-rob-shoots-straight-on-the-dream.html)

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 03:02 PM
No. He was good, but, he squared the curve severely.

duncan228
09-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Some conversation on the Spurs board too.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134638

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Just those three?

Daddy
Duncan
Hakeem

JamStone
09-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I can see that. At his peak, he was as close to flawless as the league has seen in every aspect of his game. Dominant scorer who could score inside and out and dominant defender and rebounder. And, about as much versatility as you could get out of a pivot. I think it's at least arguable if not a credible opinion. But, it's not like it's an irrefutable opinion either.

benefactor
09-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Hakeem better than both Duncan and shaq!
This is true.

Darthkiller
09-10-2009, 04:09 PM
i like duncan. but hakeem was better. hakeem took a team of scrubs in 94 and carried them to the championship. Hakeem dominated Ewing in 94, Robinson in 95, shaq in 95.

sonic21
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Hakeem better than both Duncan and shaq

we know

clambake
09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
he was almost as good as Uwe Blab.

clambake
09-10-2009, 04:18 PM
and Uwe was almost as good as james donaldson.

Culburn369
09-10-2009, 04:18 PM
He had no wind down, he just fell off the face of the earth and was getting humiliated & creamed, couldn't get separation from the floor. No, not Duncan, but, Hakeem.

tee, hee.

Muser
09-10-2009, 04:21 PM
I agree, but it is quite close.

Unholy Turkey
09-10-2009, 05:37 PM
He had no wind down, he just fell off the face of the earth and was getting humiliated & creamed, couldn't get separation from the floor. No, not Duncan, but, Hakeem.

tee, hee.

1986 faggot!:downspin::downspin:

iggypop123
09-10-2009, 09:24 PM
i dont know about shaq but he is better than duncan but thats cause duncan is a PF not a center. just like the dream would be better than mchale,malone. i remember hakeem raping robinson after the "MVP"

Unholy Turkey
09-10-2009, 10:14 PM
^^^ I wouldn't put those quotation marks on MVP. Robinson rightly deserved it. He had a great regular season. The Rockets, not so much.

My Fault
09-10-2009, 10:18 PM
i dont know about shaq but he is better than duncan but thats cause duncan is a PF not a center. just like the dream would be better than mchale,malone. i remember hakeem raping robinson after the "MVP"

z0sa
09-10-2009, 10:21 PM

trolling and lakerfan are inseparable

redzero
09-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Big Sexy > The Dream >>>>> Tim Boring

mavs>spurs2
09-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Hakeem is actually the 2nd best player in modern nba history as far as having a total overall impact on the game. He had the widest array of offensive moves of any big man in history and was also an all time great defender at the other end.

mojorizen7
09-11-2009, 12:01 AM
That's what Robert Horry thinks:

I agree with the former NBA great turned no talent thug bitch.

BeeGee
09-11-2009, 12:07 AM
This is true.Definitely.

Killakobe81
09-11-2009, 12:10 AM
i like duncan. but hakeem was better. hakeem took a team of scrubs in 94 and carried them to the championship. Hakeem dominated Ewing in 94, Robinson in 95, shaq in 95.

Agreed. plus even after that he averaged 30 vs the Jazz in the WCF the year after ...
1. Hakeem
2. Duncan
3. Shaq
4. Robinson/Ewing

poop
09-11-2009, 12:11 AM
shut up bitch Suns fan, you established yourselves as the WORST, biggest bitch fans in league history in during your teams' short stint as a 'contender', i mean you pansies got your complaints in the national media, tried to press the league to 'do something', and got all your fans to WEAR HELMETS, ELBOW PADS, AND KNEE PADS to playoff games to protest the spurs 'playing to rough',

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAA oh brother you fags have established a rep as the SOFTEST, WHINIEST franchise ever, good lord can anyone imagine the Nash-era Suns playing the '89 Pistons or the early '90's Knicks? hahahhahahaha there would be tears, bloodied tampons, and twisted panties all over the court. hahahhahahahah YOU SUCK SOFTER THAN COTTON CANDY WRAPPED IN TISSUE PAPER

Killakobe81
09-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Agreed. plus even after that he averaged 30 vs the Jazz in the WCF the year after ...
1. Hakeem
2. Duncan
3. Shaq
4. Robinson/Ewing

Kareem is better than all 5 ...but since 1990 I take Hakeem first ...

blink
09-11-2009, 12:46 AM
lol it's videos like this that make the upcoming season bearable. sucks living in the past

hW4uXlRGAF0

david robinson: "cant believe im saying this with a straight face but i thought i defended him well" :D

poop
09-11-2009, 02:15 AM
shut up bitch Suns fan, you established yourselves as the WORST, biggest bitch fans in league history in during your teams' short stint as a 'contender', i mean you pansies got your complaints in the national media, tried to press the league to 'do something', and got all your fans to WEAR HELMETS, ELBOW PADS, AND KNEE PADS to playoff games to protest the spurs 'playing too rough',

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAA oh brother you fags have established a rep as the SOFTEST, WHINIEST franchise ever, good lord can anyone imagine the Nash-era Suns playing the '88-89 Pistons or the early '90's Knicks? hahahhahahaha there would be tears, bloodied tampons, and twisted panties all over the court. hahahhahahahah YOU SUCK SOFTER THAN COTTON CANDY WRAPPED IN TISSUE PAPER

haha this post is pure gold, it should be stored in the Spursreport archives in order to reference and post should the Buns ever become a 'threat' again

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Dirk won a championship in 06

Please.

If only he had.

DaDakota
09-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Hakeem was great on both ends of the floor....

DD

ambchang
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Hakeem and Duncan are both clearly better than Shaq.

sook
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Hakeem and Duncan are both clearly better than Shaq.

agreed.

mavs>spurs2
09-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Dirk is also a big man and has a much wider array in offense, plus Dirk won a championship in 06 with a huddle of crappy surroundings which were not even belonging to the same world with those Hakeem got, like Cassell, Horry etc...

Obviously the best player in modern NBA, in your opinion presumably, shouldn't be anyone but Michael Jordan. And all of us agree with you that Jordan is unarguably THE best player in the recent 2 decades, even if he isn't the all-time best.

Probably you cut the modern NBA from the "classic" NBA at 1992, when the old legendary hall of famers all had joined history, engraved with the retirement of Elvin Magic Johnson. However, I argue that Hakeem isn't THE best player in his contemporary, though I have to admit he is one of the best ones. Except Jordan, anyone else would draw tons of arguements if he was listed as the 2nd guy behind the only man named Jordan. The truth is the discrepancy was very minimal among Jordan's collegues, like Pippen, Malone, Dream, Robinson, Ewing, Barkley, etc... None of them was outstanding over the rest, thus I'd name them co-"the 2nd best player" as a whole. :lol

First off Dirk does NOT have a wider array on offense than Hakeem, 90% of the time he just pump fakes, one dribble, fadeaway. Simple yet effective. In his younger years he would drive and do alot of other things, but nothing that compares to Hakeem's neverending, vast amount of post moves. Not to mention Hakeem was money from 18ft in.

And when I say modern era, I mean since about the mid 70's or 80's, purposely excluding guys like Bill and Wilt because that was a totally different time. The truth is, Hakeem doesn't stand out much above those listed over the course of their careers, but none of them had a 2 year stretch where it seemed the spirit of MJ possessed a 7ft body and dominated everything in site on his way to back to back championships. That 2 year stretch was probably the most dominant, impressive stretch by any single player in NBA history.

manufan10
09-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I would take Hakeem as my starting C any day.