PDA

View Full Version : Answer me this Obamabots...

BadMoodBob
09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
According to Obama, he will prevent his healthcare plan from adding to the deficit by ending Fraud and Abuse found in the Medicare System.

Why does Obama need a bill before he attacks the Fraud and Abuse currently in the Medicare System. Isn't that something he should have attacked on Day 1? Why is he waiting?

Why does he just not attack Fraud and Abuse currently in the Medicare System to see how much he can cut before implementing a 900billion+ healthcare plan?

nuclearfm
09-10-2009, 05:55 PM
You would get a better response if you didn't ask just "Obamabots"... either that or you could pay better attention

BadMoodBob
09-10-2009, 05:57 PM
So basically you don't have an answer.

nuclearfm
09-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Oh, believe me I have the answer. The fact is that you asked Obamabots. I would have replied if it wasn't for the typical destructive nutjob post.

BadMoodBob
09-10-2009, 06:02 PM
I meant it with love. :depressed

coyotes_geek
09-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Why does he just not attack Fraud and Abuse currently in the Medicare System to see how much he can cut before implementing a 900billion+ healthcare plan?

Because Fraud and Abuse is nothing more than BS politician-speak intended to deceive people into believing that they can get something without having to pay for it. That's not to say that there isn't a bunch of Fraud and Abuse in medicare, or any other governemnt program. There is. But every politician out there promises to get rid of Fraud and Abuse and it never, ever happens.

Winehole23
09-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Claimed savings are key to Obama's claims of deficit neutrality. Hence the necessity of including fraud/waste targeting in his plan for reform. It's part of how he proposes to "pay" for reform.

BadMoodBob
09-10-2009, 06:05 PM
It just seems to me, if Obama were the true BRILLIANT never before seen politician I was promised he was...the man would Attack the Fraud and Abuse currently in the Medicare System, bring me back the dead Fraud and Abuse carcass, and the people would love him.

He could then push forward his agenda and have a plethora of support.

nuclearfm
09-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Claimed savings are key to Obama's claims of deficit neutrality. Hence the necessity of including fraud/waste targeting in his plan for reform. It's part of how he proposes to "pay" for reform.

The medicare optimization (eliminating fraud, etc) proposal is not supposed to directly fund the other health legislation.

jman3000
09-10-2009, 06:06 PM
He could buy everyone diamond encrusted toilets if he ended fraud and abuse in government period.

If you're going to go after F/A, then do it for keeps and do it on a much larger scale.

nuclearfm
09-10-2009, 06:07 PM
It just seems to me, if Obama were the true BRILLIANT never before seen politician I was promised he was...the man would Attack the Fraud and Abuse currently in the Medicare System, bring me back the dead Fraud and Abuse carcas, and the people would love him.

He could then push forward his agenda and have a plethora of support.

He is attacking it separately. None of these optimizations in medicare will fund the other legislation.

Winehole23
09-10-2009, 06:08 PM
That's why I put "pay" in scare quotes. As I recall, fraud/waste was mentioned in connection with deficit neutrality. Wasn't it?

iggypop123
09-10-2009, 09:02 PM
link

Yonivore
09-10-2009, 09:24 PM
That's why I put "pay" in scare quotes. As I recall, fraud/waste was mentioned in connection with deficit neutrality. Wasn't it?
Actually, I think he specifically referred to "waste and inefficiency." The word fraud probably hits too close to home for Obama.