PDA

View Full Version : Rasho's injury update?

milkyway21
04-11-2005, 08:23 PM
and how soon he'll be back?

Updates pls.? :rolleyes

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - The San Antonio Spurs placed center Rasho Nesterovic on the injured list with a left ankle sprain before their game with the Golden State Warriors on Sunday night.

Nesterovic, averaging 5.9 points and 6.6 rebounds, scored eight points in 20 minutes in the Spurs' 125-124 double-overtime victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday night.
Linton Johnson, who has played in only one game this season due to a stress fracture in his left knee, was activated from the injured list to take Nesterovic's spot.

Updates pls.? :rolleyes

stéphane
04-11-2005, 08:32 PM
in the interview from tony i translated he said 10days...

milkyway21
04-11-2005, 08:40 PM
10 days? that's already the playoffs...:cry

SequSpur
04-11-2005, 08:42 PM
hopefully next year.

HB22inSA
04-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Anyone who thinks Rasho isn't important to this team is kidding themselves.

He may not look like the most athletically gifted player, but his defense is a huge part of this team.

Watch when him and Timmy come back how low the shooting percentages for the other team go. It's not all Timmy, Rasho is a great clog in the middle.

stéphane
04-11-2005, 08:54 PM
What are the news from the guys on IL ?

Tim will be back at the end of the week. If everything is going the right way, he'll be with us on saturday against Memphis. Concerning Rasho, he hurt his ankle against the Clippers. Acoording to the first diagnosis, he'll be out for ten days. And for Manu, these are the "aducteurs" (plz help me on translation these are the muscles on the inside of the thighs) which still make him suffer. As he played more than 50 minutes in Los Angeles, it was better to let him rest against Golden State. It would useless to take risks. All in all, it means that everybody will be healthy come play-off time.

usckk
04-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Pop says Rasho probably will not be ready for the 1st or 2nd game of the first round. :(

milkyway21
04-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Pop says Rasho probably will not be ready for the 1st or 2nd game of the first round. :(what? :depressed
we need him if we play Memphis. Or vs Camby if we play Nuggets. I want revenge on that 8 blocks he made against us the last time.:cuss

Hey Sequ Spur, is there any player on this team that you like? You are a Spurs fan, or are you?

SequSpur
04-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey Sequ Spur, is there any player on this team you like? You are a Spurs fan, or are you?

Yep.

Parker, Duncan, Bowen, Barry, Brown, Marks, Big Dog, and Big Shot Bob.

Does that make me a Spurs fan?

:lol

milkyway21
04-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Yep.

Parker, Duncan, Bowen, Barry, Brown, Marks, Big Dog, and Big Shot Bob.

Does that make me a Spurs fan?

:lol

okay, Just want confirmation...

noticed Manu's name NOT on the list... how about that 40 pts he made against the Clips, not good enough for you, huh? :D

SequSpur
04-11-2005, 10:19 PM
okay, Just want confirmation...

noticed Manu's name NOT on the list... how about that 40 pts he made against the Clips, not good enough for you, huh? :D

Yeah, the 40 pts was overrided by "I got the shits"

:rolleyes

His team was in a war last night and he was dressed in civi's. Typical Manu.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2005, 10:36 PM
10 days? that's already the playoffs...:cry

I saw TNT commercials saying the playoffs start April 24th.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Rasho's injury is a blessing, this guy sucks. A waste of $50 million (correct me if i'm wrong) for 5 fouls, 6 points, 7 rebounds. Is he possibly one of the worst signings by spurs management? I prefer Robert Horry & Nazr & Massenburg to rotate. Rasho just gets posterized, humiliated, run over, scored on, I feel bad for him. It's sad they had to replace the admiral with this galut. Shoulda waited for a cheaper and more efficient free agent.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Anyone who thinks Rasho isn't important to this team is kidding themselves.

He may not look like the most athletically gifted player, but his defense is a huge part of this team.

Watch when him and Timmy come back how low the shooting percentages for the other team go. It's not all Timmy, Rasho is a great clog in the middle.

What defense are you talking about??? Letting players run around him and dunk on him, the he slaps his hands and looks at the floor?

The only defense he is able to demonstrate is because of his size, he is what 7 feet? Of course, his presence is a factor, but not worth $50 million.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah, the 40 pts was overrided by "I got the shits"

:rolleyes

His team was in a war last night and he was dressed in civi's. Typical Manu.

What do you mean "typical manu"?

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-11-2005, 11:01 PM
hopefully next year.

Hopefully next year you go away :lol :lol

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:04 PM
What defense are you talking about???

Uh the defense he plays every night.

You obviously pay attention to the game as much as a slug does.

Nesterovic is considered a top 5 NBA defender at his position.

That simple.

Also, if you want hard evidence.

Pull the game tape out from the 27th of March and watch his one on one, team, and help defense against the Rockets.

But once again, another uninformed, or as pop would say "Doesnt know squat about the game of basketball"

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey CHAMPS AGAIN, I don't understand your signature, mind explaining it to me?

And hell yeah, no one can beat the spurs in a 7 game series, not with duncan, maybe without.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Uh the defense he plays every night.

You obviously pay attention to the game as much as a slug does.

Nesterovic is considered a top 5 NBA defender at his position.

That simple.

Also, if you want hard evidence.

Pull the game tape out from the 27th of March and watch his one on one, team, and help defense against the Rockets.

But once again, another uninformed, or as pop would say "Doesnt know squat about the game of basketball"

I don't wanna get into a immature little quarrel here but you are an idiot if you think rasho is top 5 in the nba at his position, that is absurd. You have to realize there isn't many good centers out there now. Name one besides Shaq & Yao? This should be no reason for rasho to be considered "the best at his position" simply because there aren't many good productive centers out there. The scarcity of good centers is what makes him seem good, which he is not. Emeka Okafur is better, although I think he's listed at PF.

And I think Pop is a genius. A pure genius. I can understand when pop says "people who don't know squat" because some people just want to watch athletic plays like amare dunking over people. Contrary to what you may have already foolishly assumed, i'm not one of them. Heck, I love the way Duncan is so smooth and non-flashy. He gets shit done. Rasho on the other hand is a pure galut, he fumbles balls and he doesn't bring anything crucial to the table.

You are simply speaking as a biased Spurs fan. Open your mind and admit to yourself he is not that good.

So get that weak shit out of here. :lol

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:16 PM
if you think rasho is top 5 in the nba at his position

DEFENSIVELY read.

he fumbles balls and he doesn't bring anything crucial to the table

Doesnt bring anything crucial??

Inside defensive presence??

Wanna know why GS and the Clippers got so many inside points last night??

SUre no duncan, but no Rasho was felt just as much as well.

His offense is bad no question, but Rasho is a fantastic defensive player, and steps the hell up in a big game matchup against a fellow center.

Contrary to what you may have already foolishly assumed, i'm not one of them

Uh yeah you are, youve totally ignored his defensive game.

You have to realize there isn't many good centers out there now. Name one besides Shaq & Yao? This should be no reason for rasho to be considered "the best at his position" simply because there aren't many good productive centers out there

WTF,

so just because there isnt 20 great centers, doesnt mean hes a good center??

THat makes zero fuckin sense.

Emeka Okafur is better,

Whoa, goin out on a limb there chief.

Open your mind and admit to yoursel he is not that good.

Offensively, no hes not great, but could be if hed ever get his head out of his ass.

Defensively, hes right behind Bowen and Duncan as best on the team.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:27 PM
DEFENSIVELY read.

Doesnt bring anything crucial??

Inside defensive presence??

Wanna know why GS and the Clippers got so many inside points last night??

SUre no duncan, but no Rasho was felt just as much as well.

His offense is bad no question, but Rasho is a fantastic defensive player, and steps the hell up in a big game matchup against a fellow center.

Uh yeah you are, youve totally ignored his defensive game.

WTF,

so just because there isnt 20 great centers, doesnt mean hes a good center??

THat makes zero fuckin sense.

Whoa, goin out on a limb there chief.

Offensively, no hes not great, but could be if hed ever get his head out of his ass.

Defensively, hes right behind Bowen and Duncan as best on the team.

Are FUCKING KIDDING ME!!??!?!?! Rasho behind duncan and bowen!?!?!?! THAT IS A TRUE SHAME OF A REMARK!

Have you seen ginobli even play man??? Manu is their 3rd best defensive player, followed by the rest of the team which plays equivalent defense on most nights.

1. Yes, obviously he brings an inside presence because of his size, but simply because he is 7 feet tall he is worth all that money? give me a break. Malik Rose deserves Raho's contract and place, he gave the spurs a shitload of second chance points than Rasho.

2. Dude, even if rasho was there, baron davis and jason richardson would still penetrate and score/dish if rasho was there, he is too slow and stupid.

3. I am appalled by your ignorance when you say "makes zero fuucking sense". Your argument about him being top 5 in the NBA is made invalid because you don't have much to compare him to at that position. When there is not much competition because "teams or players" are subpar, you cannot make a fair judgment. Now look at the PF position, duncan is obvioulsy one of the best, right next to KG. You have pau gasol, my boy ak47, off-minded nowitzki, carlos boozer, okafur, elton brand, chris webber (NOT! lol), among others. In that position there is competition, so saying duncan is top 5 in those would be fair because he is amongst great players, and saying he is good or the better of all those is a fair and good judgment. You should really allow yourself to understand all aspects of the game mr. expert.

4. I am not going out on a limb, Okafur was chasing duncan,garnett, and brand in double doubles, blocks, and rebounds if i'm not mistaken. Rasho? don't make me laugh.

5. Quit thinking so biased, I am a die-hard spurs fan but I don't deny myself the truth. The truth of the matter is Rasho is overpaid and overrated by fools like you. The truth of the matter is no one can catch a ball, turn around, jump, and shoot in 0.4 seconds.

stéphane
04-11-2005, 11:35 PM
on the defensive side, have to stick on Tpark man
rasho>manu...

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:36 PM
The truth of the matter is no one can catch a ball, turn around, jump, and shoot in 0.4 seconds

while true, wtf does this

nevermind.

Your totally clueless and not even worth argueing with.

Your one of the clueless bozos who listens to Stephen A Smith thinks what he says is the verdad and agrees.

Once again youve conradicted yourself in that thread big time, but I dont care.

Not even worth the effort.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:36 PM
on the defensive side, have to stick on Tpark man
rasho>manu...

No way man. All those steals ginobli gets. All those shots he makes the other player change.

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:37 PM
I take it back, hes the 4th best on the team.

Duncan, Bowen, Ginobili. Nesterovic.

If you cant see this, your clueless as Pop would say.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:38 PM

nevermind.

Your one of the clueless bozos who listens to Stephen A Smith thinks what he says is the verdad and agrees.

lol @ verdad. MAN FUUUCK STEPHEN A SMITH. He is what I call a "######". No it's not racist, there are 2 kinds of people withn every race. He is a pure idiot. Every single so-called analyst on espn is an idiot. Except for Bill Laimbeer.

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:38 PM
All those shots he makes the other player change

hmm wonder what 7 footer on the team does the same thing.....

stéphane
04-11-2005, 11:39 PM
get over stats line mang...
closing the way to the basket and shutting big man is a must.
help on defense, blocking shots and having a big center that smart on defense is valuable more than some steals... manu is a good defender ok but rasho's D is more valuable to a team...

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:40 PM

nevermind.

Give me a break man. Spurs fans aren't arrogant like that. Get the hell out of here with that ignorant ass shit. If you don't want to go on because you love rasho, fine. Keep on living in ignorance.

No, i'm not clueless. Don't flatter yourself with giving such opinionated judgments.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Ummm. Nazr Mohammed is a better option than Rasho. Obviously he is having difficulty adjusting to the Spurs system. He will block shots and give more second chances.

stéphane
04-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Ummm. Nazr Mohammed is a better option than Rasho. Obviously he is having difficulty adjusting to the Spurs system. He will block shots and give more second chances.
you forgot "on offense" in your sentence... is a better option on offense...
you're saying nazr is a better shot blocker than rasho... you make yourself look dumb seriously...

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:45 PM
you forgot "on offense" in your sentence... is a better option on offense...
you're saying nazr is a better shot blocker than rasho... you make yourself look dumb seriously...

Damn you guys are ignorant man. Have you seen Nazr play with the Knicks????
Good gosh. He was blocking and changing shots in good amounts. "make yourself look dumb seriously", get the hell out of here with that "i love rasho" bias.

Greg Popovich, in case you forgot is defensive-minded, he would not have gotten Nazr for his offense, he got him for his defense silly. Glenn Robinson is for offense.

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Nazr Mohammed is a better option than Rasho

I like Mohammed, I think hell start next year.

But right now, Rasho >>>>>>> Mohammed ON DEFENSE.

Offense?? Mohammed does what Rasho could, but Rasho wont for some unknown reason.

But keep spouting stupidity.

BTW, your man Pop even said Rasho is one of the best defensive centers in the league, AND on the team.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I like Mohammed, I think hell start next year.

But right now, Rasho >>>>>>> Mohammed ON DEFENSE.

Offense?? Mohammed does what Rasho could, but Rasho wont for some unknown reason.

But keep spouting stupidity.

BTW, your man Pop even said Rasho is one of the best defensive centers in the league, AND on the team.

Spouting stupidity? what stupidity, i gave you good reasons, all you are giving me is insults and fanboy remarks not based on logic or reason just what people "consider".

I would like to hear the audio of pop saying that. If he ever did say that he must have said it because I have never heard him degrade anyone's game. You have to consider that as well. He WILL NEVER speak less of anyone's game.

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I would like to hear the audio of pop saying that

March 27th.

Spurs VS Rockets.

Look it up hata.

He WILL NEVER speak less of anyone's game.

He spoke harshly of the same player in December.

But once again, keep spouting ignorance.

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:51 PM
*sighs*

Keep being biased. I will keep allowing myself to accept reality.

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:52 PM
lol.

Go look up March 27th big mouth.

stéphane
04-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Damn you guys are ignorant man. Have you seen Nazr play with the Knicks????
Good gosh. He was blocking and changing shots in good amounts. "make yourself look dumb seriously", get the hell out of here with that "i love rasho" bias.

Greg Popovich, in case you forgot is defensive-minded, he would not have gotten Nazr for his offense, he got him for his defense silly. Glenn Robinson is for offense.
damn i'm loosing time and energy desperate case...
my ignore list will soon be full... good thread oops it has nothing to do with the subject ^^

j_epsilon
04-11-2005, 11:54 PM
damn i'm loosing time and energy desperate case...
my ignore list will soon be full... good thread oops it has nothing to do with the subject ^^

sarcasm...the lowest form of wit... :depressed

T Park
04-12-2005, 12:03 AM
"Rasho never gets the credit he's due," Popovich said. (quote) "People will complain about him forever because they don't really know the game

since you want to hide your head in the sand. EX A, above quote.

j_epsilon
04-12-2005, 12:06 AM
since you want to hide your head in the sand. EX A, above quote.

He's not that good. Period. I'm done arguing with you. This is pointless. If Pop thinks he is worth 50 million then I am not going to argue with this judgment, I mean this is the same guy who majored in foreign studies and found manu and beno. I still say Rasho is not that good. Can't wait for Nazr to come into form.

T Park
04-12-2005, 12:07 AM
lol.

Run and hide troll,

run

and

hide.

j_epsilon
04-12-2005, 12:07 AM
lol.

Run and hide troll,

run

and

hide.

Come on kid.

Grow up. Now I realize I was arguing with a punk.

milkyway21
04-12-2005, 01:05 AM
:cry :cry :cry

why are we having this conversation?

Are the Spurs better off w/ no Rasho come playoff time? You think Nazr/TMass presence in the middle good enough to win vs. Miami's ShaQ or Detroit's Wallace?

:angel

Supergirl
04-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Could I get some actual facts on Rasho's injury? Will he back for the start of the playoffs or not? We need him as soon as possible.

Rasho and Manu cannot be compared defensively. Nor can Rasho and Bowen. Bowen is the best man to man defender, Manu is our most active and energetic defender. Duncan is our best all around defender because of his size.

Rasho plays C. He's not as good as Duncan but he's easily in the top 5 at defense for his position. Only Shaq and Duncan are clearly better at his position - others (Yao, Miller, Gasol, O'Neal) are sometimes better on some nights, but sometimes Rasho's better.

Dario
04-12-2005, 10:18 AM
T_Park dont u get tired of defending rasho? I mean some of us understand what rasho brings and some dont. You wont change his mind or anyone else...

milkyway21
04-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Rasho's injury update
4/13/2004 12.13 CDT

Good News about Rasho
source Express News

...Nesterovic news positive: An MRI revealed no unexpected damage to Rasho Nesterovic's left ankle.

Nesterovic isn't expected to return until the start of the playoffs, at the earliest.

"Right now we're cautiously optimistic he'll be ready in the beginning of the first round," Popovich said. "Whether that's the first game or the third game, I'm not sure."

Nesterovic didn't accompany the team to Utah so he can continue his treatment at the practice facility.

...hmmnn, Rasho back in the line-up soon. Nazr playing great as back-up. :wow