PDA

View Full Version : 9-11

JudynTX
09-11-2009, 08:25 AM
xDh_pvv1tUM

manufan10
09-11-2009, 08:40 AM
I'll never forget that day. Senior year in high school. We heard that a plane had struck one of the towers, and in 2nd period we went down to the library. While we were watching the news, that's when the second plane hit.

JudynTX
09-11-2009, 08:42 AM
I was at home, called in sick that day. Glued to the TV for about 15 hrs.

manufan10
09-11-2009, 08:48 AM
I usually hated watching the news, but I watched it that night until 2 or 3 in the morning. Then every night the rest of the week.

sonic21
09-11-2009, 08:54 AM
i was in highschool back then, i learned about this in the afternoon (i live in France). I watched the news every night (until 3-4 am) for like a week after that.

manufan10
09-11-2009, 09:00 AM
If they ever decide to rebuild, I vote for this as being the New World Trade Center:

http://www.csee.umbc.edu/%7Emariedj/browse/funny/NewWorldTradeCenter.jpg

manufan10
09-11-2009, 09:02 AM
http://blogs.iwcc.edu/syshra/files/2008/09/iwo-9-11-final.jpg

manufan10
09-11-2009, 09:03 AM
http://www.stars2spiders.com/images/angel%20and%20fireman.jpg

manufan10
09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
http://wildaboutfowl.com/CryingEagle1.JPG

FromWayDowntown
09-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I'll never forget how that morning went.

I woke up unusually early, specifically to make an add and a drop on my fantasy football team because Ed McCaffrey of the Broncos had suffered a broken leg on Monday Night Football the evening before. I did that transaction, then fell asleep on a couch watching reruns of WKRP in Cincinnati. Something awoke me and I sauntered into the bathroom to get ready for work. I turned on my bathroom radio and heard Tony Bruno talking about a plane crash at the World Trade Center, and then talking about how both buildings were on fire. I had to see what he was talking about, and rushed back to the TV to turn on the coverage, and sat on the couch, appalled (like most of the world) as the rest of the morning unfolded.

Having gone to school in NYC, I feared for quite a long time that friends and classmates of mine had been in the WTC at the time of the attack. My fears were confirmed later that day, when I learned that a college teammate of mine was working for Cantor Fitzgerald and was missing; he obviously was among the casualties of that horrible day.

manufan10
09-11-2009, 09:15 AM
^ My condolences for your loss FWD.

JudynTX
09-11-2009, 09:18 AM
FWD, sorry for the loss of your friend.

manufan10
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
AW8puRqE4Sc

phyzik
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
It still makes me full of rage that Bin Laden is still out there. If it was up to me I'd be bombing the shit out of the Pakistani border until the sand turned to fucking glass or the Pakistani government finally helped us out in finding this fucking piece of shit.

Its a good thing Im not in charge.

manufan10
09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
cSWuA-RttGU

manufan10
09-11-2009, 09:28 AM
_WvML4xAt0c

JudynTX
09-11-2009, 09:32 AM
-o6xrSyhVhc

BruceBowenFan
09-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Ill remember that day forever. I was in my first period class when we heard that the twin towers were struck. I was in seventh grade.

z0sa
09-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Ill remember that day forever. I was in my first period class when we heard that the twin towers were struck. I was in seventh grade.

same everything.

BlackSwordsMan
09-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I'll never forget that day. Senior year in high school. We heard that a plane had struck one of the towers, and in 2nd period we went down to the library. While we were watching the news, that's when the second plane hit.

same here was a senior
:lmao some ROTC girls were crying thinking they would be drafted into the war

EricB
09-11-2009, 12:25 PM
I honestly don't see how thats funny.

Alot of people our age early 20s late teens thought this was gonna be the start of world war 3. Thankfully it was not.

JamStone
09-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Never forgotten.

Such a sad and dark day in American and World history.

Blessings to the souls of those lost and to their families, friends, and loved ones.

JoeChalupa
09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I was on my way to work when I heard on the radio the Towers had been struck. I was only 5 minutes from the office and by the time I walked in everyone was in the breakroom watching it on the news. A day I will never forget.

CosmicCowboy
09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Just arriving home from work, and sat down to drink some coffee, and the news of the first plane striking comes on, and its on every channel, then the second one struck. I had mixed emotions of both joy, and disgust.

What the fuck?

duncan228
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
k0FP0JSvdHY

manufan10
09-11-2009, 02:09 PM
What the fuck?

Exactly what I thought. He's messed up in the head.:ihit

mookie2001
09-11-2009, 02:12 PM
remember when bush promised to find the persons responsible and he was praised for his strength and leadership

and then in 04 he ran on 9/11, as a campaign strategy

and then guliani tried it the next time, except he was more blatent about it

i wont post the youtube but the only good "song" that came out was Hank jrs america can survive, mostly because its based on maybe the greatest song ever

when i watched that live i got the chills i admit

marini martini
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I had mixed emotions of both joy, and disgust.

Love it, or leave it azzhole!:toast

0n552gP9X40

JamStone
09-11-2009, 03:25 PM
What part of the towers getting hit by planes gave you joy, lakaluva?

Honestly, could you explain what you meant by that?

CosmicCowboy
09-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I think Lakaluva has mommy issues.

nkdlunch
09-11-2009, 05:26 PM
My friend left a voicemail, "dude we're going to war! come over"

the streets were so empty, went over to his house, and smoked an ounce that day.

CosmicCowboy
09-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm not the one on here mourning dead people.

FUCK YOU

I'm not the one that gets "joy" (your word) seeing people jump to their death from a high rise to avoid burning to death.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I woke up about 5 minutes before the 2nd plane hit the tower. I was 21 years old. It was surreal. I fell asleep watching ESPNNEWS, and there was no sports news on the television as I woke up, it was all news. God speed all who were involved in one way or another.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Some people are so narrow minded and primitive that they become so stupid in thinking that everyone feels exactly like they do, on every subject. I've learned to accept that your life is no more important than the ants that we walk on. I find great joy in disasters such as 911, Katrina, the Tsunami, the Earthquakes of California. At no time in life will you find people more humane towards each other. People actually show love, and compassion during times of crisis, even if its only for a few months, then we go back to our normally hateful ways. I get a bit of joy out of this, and anticipate it every time we suffer disaster. Some people take the opposite approach, and mourn, continuously. I don't.
you are seriously fucked up. not all people care only for themselves as you obviously do. Look at the people who are involved in charities. The people who take their time to donate themselves to causes such as the MDA Labor Day Telethon, and things of that nature. Just because you're a selfish little prick doesn't mean everyone else is. Some people don't need incidents to be nice to people. If you do, that's fine, but don't act like everyone else in this world does. And to have the idea of "Well, if children lose their parents, or parents lose their children in a tragedy, it's fucking ok, because maybe my bus driver won't make me give him exact fucking change this morning, and maybe my boss won't yell at me for being late again." You disgust me. You're a fucking attention whore. You're a fucking imbecile. You deserve to rot.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 06:15 PM
:lol

You should work for the media. Even after I explained to Jam what I meant, you still fucked it up.
your so called "explanation" made you sound like even more of a fucking prick than before.

WildcardManu
09-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Some people are so narrow minded and primitive that they become so stupid in thinking that everyone feels exactly like they do, on every subject. I've learned to accept that your life is no more important than the ants that we walk on. I find great joy in disasters such as 911, Katrina, the Tsunami, the Earthquakes of California. At no time in life will you find people more humane towards each other. People actually show love, and compassion during times of crisis, even if its only for a few months, then we go back to our normally hateful ways. I get a bit of joy out of this, and anticipate it every time we suffer disaster. Some people take the opposite approach, and mourn, continuously. I don't.

Asinine, vapid, cynic....

Frenzy
09-11-2009, 06:26 PM
i had just woken up got some cereal and turned on the tv. I was shocked and cereal fell out my mouth.

Strike
09-11-2009, 06:44 PM
My phone woke me up. It was my friend, Travis:

Me: This better be good, fucker. I don't have to be at work for another 5 hours.
Travis: TURN ON YOUR FUCKING TV!!!
Me: Huh?
T: TURN YOUR FUCKING TV ON, DUDE!!!

I turned on the tv. 7 seconds later, the 2nd tower was hit...

Me: I'll call you back. Click

I called in sick for work that day. My boss didn't even have to ask why. He was glued to the TV at work. I spent the rest of the day glued to the TV. I didn't know anyone who was there but I was, like many people, beyond shocked.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Do you really give a shit about those dead people?
Yes, bitch..I do..they were my countrymen. And I also give a "shit" about the people that lost their families. Some people actually care about their fellow man, and not just themselves. Ask the soldiers who fight for this country if they care about their fellow man. They wouldn't be there if they didn't. My grandfather fought in WWII on the grounds in Europe for his countrymen. I have two cousins who fought in Desert Storm for their countrymen. My best friend just got back from Iraq fighting for his countrymen. I was thinking about joining the Army out of high school, but then I received a basketball scholarship before my knee went to shit during a game. I lost my athletic scholarship (thank god I still had an academic scholarship) and was turned away by the Army because of it. So yes, you selfish, unpatriotic prick, I do give a shit about these dead people..and their families.

JamStone
09-11-2009, 06:57 PM
lakaluva, thanks for the explanation. I think it's demented logic, but at least I know the reasoning behind it. "Joy" still seems to be an odd choice of words to describe the emotion. Even if you view it as an "ironic" twist on the behavior of people, finding "joy" in it is still beyond strange. I don't judge for your opinion, so don't judge me by suggesting I'm narrow-minded or primitive. I accept your opinion and now your explanation, despite how strange I find it. I was just asking for the logic behind it. I think it makes me the opposite of narrow-minded by asking for the explanation and not judging you for the opinion before getting that explanation.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Call me narrow minded as a muhfucka...the dude is a demented little prick. For anyone to get joy from 2998 people dying (some dying later from wounds, and one even suffering from lung cancer because of the attacks, dying shortly thereafter), including 8 children, one as young as 2 and two that were 3 years old, is a fucking lunatic.

There were 266 people on the four planes:

American Airlines Flight 11 (crashed into the WTC): 92 (including five terrorists)
United Airlines Flight 175 (crashed into the WTC): 65 (including five terrorists)
American Airlines Flight 77 (crashed into the Pentagon): 64 (including five terrorists)
United Flight 93 (downed in Shanksville, PA): 45 (including four terrorists)

There were 2,595 people in the World Trade Center and near it, including:
343 NYFD firefighters and paramedics
23 NYPD police officers
37 Port Authority police officers
1,402 people in Tower 1
614 people in Tower 2
658 people at one company, Cantor Fitzgerald
1,762 New York residents
674 New Jersey residents
1 NYFD firefighter killed by a man jumping off the top floors of the Twin Towers

There were 125 civilians and military personnel at the Pentagon.
1,609 people lost a spouse or partner on 9/11. More than 3,051 children lost parents.

While it was mostly Americans who were killed in this horrific attack, there were also 327 foreign nationals. Here is the breakdown, according to country:
Argentina: 4
Australia: 11
Bangladesh: 6
Belarus: 1
Belgium: 1
Bermuda: 1
Brazil: 3
Canada: 27
Chile: 2
China: 4
Cote d'Ivoire: 1
Colombia: 17
Democratic Republic of the Congo: 2
Dominican Republic: 1
El Salvador: 1
Ecuador: 3
France: 1
Germany: 11
Ghana: 2
Guyana: 3
Haiti: 2
Honduras: 1
India: 1
Indonesia: 1
Ireland: 6
Israel: 5
Italy: 4
Jamaica: 16
Japan: 26
Jordan: 2
Lebanon: 3
Lithuania: 1
Malaysia: 7
Mexico: 16
Moldova: 1
Netherlands: 1
New Zealand: 2
Nigeria: 1
Panama: 2
Peru: 5
Philippines: 16
Portugal: 3
Poland: 1
Russia: 1
South Africa: 2
South Korea: 28
Spain: 1
Sweden: 1
Taiwan: 1
Ukraine: 1
Uzbekistan: 1
United Kingdom: 67
Venezuela: 1

Fucking joyful as shit, isn't it?

benefactor
09-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I was at my apartment which had no TV at the time. My phone rang and it was my girlfriend(now wife)...and she told me that someone had flown a plane into the WTC. I was still groggy so it didn't really register. I go up and got dressed and headed to her house. I walked in the door and saw the building burning on TV. After the second plane hit it really sunk in what was going on. I was just numb. I didn't know how to feel. I think I really started to deeply feel the impact in the following days.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I almost sent it private, because I know how sensitive some of these hypocrites are.
hypocrites? fuck you in your ass, calling us hypocrites...

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I was at my apartment which had no TV at the time. My phone rang and it was my girlfriend(now wife)...and she told me that someone had flown a plane into the WTC. I was still groggy so it didn't really register. I go up and got dressed and headed to her house. I walked in the door and saw the building burning on TV. After the second plane hit it really sunk in what was going on. I was just numb. I didn't know how to feel. I think I really started to deeply feel the impact in the following days.
this sounds a lot like my situation...but I didn't have someone tell me, I saw it for myself..took a lot of time to register.

exstatic
09-11-2009, 08:48 PM
They're running 102 minutes on History Channel right now. Probably the best look at 9/11 from the first impact to the collapse. It's commercial free.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 08:50 PM
They're running 102 minutes on History Channel right now. Probably the best look at 9/11 from the first impact to the collapse. It's commercial free.
yeah..I'm recording it...watching the replay of the H.O.F. right now.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Maybe I'm not the one that's selfish here. You sound a little childish in your attempt to make yourself look important. Those people you claim you care so much for, they are maggot food, and I don't give a shit about them. If they were alive, I'd feel different, depending on the circumstances. Where is the logic in caring about people who are dead, but hating those who were alive. I will never understand, or convert to your ways.
WTF? I'm not trying to make myself look important. I'm not important. Never said I was. You're an unbelievable asshole. So you're telling me that a man who lost his 2 year old child in the attacks shouldn't mourn? There's no logic in that? Damn...you have got to be the biggest asshole/dipshit/dumbass/bitch I know. On a day like today, I'm not important, and neither is your bitch ass. But some of the people who are important today, like it or not, are the people who died in that tragedy. So I guess the soldiers who have died to give you fucking freedom shouldn't be cared about? The members of your family who are dead shouldn't be cared about anymore? Fuck you, you attention loving whore. Get a life, and a clue.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Those people were just at the wrong place at the right time. They're dead, and while you're still mourning, and searching for someone to falsely blame, others are humping their asses making new life. Grow up.
Grow up? Fuck you...those people had families. Those people had children. Those people WERE someone's children. If your bitch ass had someone die in that tragedy, you'd be speaking differently.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Not surprising at all.
yeah...some people actually cared about what was going on, and the horrific situation took time to register. Maybe if you gave a shit about anyone but yourself, you'd feel the same.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:24 PM
What planet are you from? Everyone loses loved ones. You get over it, or not.
For you to say that people shouldn't care when people die is fucking ludicrous, and ignorant. You're a bitch...period. Maybe you need to ask yourself, as everyone looks on you in disgust right now, wtf is going on in that peanut ass brain of yours.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm not buying your self-righteous story of caring for strangers. I've seen too much to know different.
You've seen too much? Bitch, you don't even fucking know me. I use a lot of my spare time helping charities and people who can't help themselves. You've never met me, and hopefully never will...you're just a hypocritical attention whore little bastard who thinks he's better than everyone. You know nothing...and you are nothing.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-11-2009, 09:40 PM
This was so good of a discourse that you needed two threads?

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Of course when someone you know dies, you'll mourn, its only natural. But after that, just cremate them, toss them in the dirt, and forget about them. Its a waste of time and money to but memorials, and continue to put this shit on the news. Its bad enough its going to be falsely propagated in the history books.
what a dick. I'm sorry..but I want my grandkids to know who their great great grandfather who fought for their freedom in WWII was. It's a link to their history...some people actually give a shit about that.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:42 PM
This was so good of a discourse that you needed two threads?
Someone made the second thread to let people know about the show that was on, because Lakaluva had completely fucked this thread.

09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I wasn't talking about the need for the other thread.

I was talking about the inane banter between you and ll.

09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I like cheese.

DP and not the kind that you like.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I wasn't talking about the need for the other thread.

I was talking about the inane banter between you and ll.
I know...I guess it just frustrates the hell out of me when someone says they got joy out of the 9-11 tragedy...

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Knowing who you are, and your history is one thing, but carrying on the you all do only breeds hate. Like the hate you all are enjoying in your FUCK BIN LADEN THREAD.
Oh yeah...showing the headstone of my grandfather to my grandchildren will breed so much hate..stfu, dumbass..now you're making absolutely no sense. The only thing that will breed hate is showing no respect to the people who fought for your freedom (which you are doing, since you think that anyone who is dead doesn't deserve to be cared about), and getting joy out of a tragedy.

ManuTP9
09-11-2009, 10:00 PM
i often find that 9/11 anniversaries are flooded with the usual conspiracy theories, and I respect the very valid reasons that historic date is still being questioned.

I also like to take just a moment though, and put all of that out of my mind. Just a moment to focus on the innocent people, who lost their lives as pawns of a game they did not know they were even a part of.

the conspiracy theories are important, and should persist...but on the actual day, I prefer spending my time remembering those who were just trying to go through another day of their life without incident, No matter who was responsible or what the rules were, the innocent were the ones who lost the game, the rest of the year, I'll search for the truth. that day belongs to them.

Ginofan
09-11-2009, 10:04 PM
To interrupt the mud slinging....

To this day I'm still in shock that something so traumatic/catastrophic could happen to us. I apologize if that's a little "Arrogant American" for some but damn, it's just unthinkable. Watching all these documentaries still leaves my jaw hanging...and I do feel for these people. I didn't know a single person who died that day but I can't help but feel something for them when I think about this tragic event.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm willing to bet no corpse is even in that fucking grave. At least not your grand-fathers. Just money wasted on a tomb, and dirt.
are you that much of an idiot? He had an open casket..I watched them close the casket and drop it down the hole...You're a fucking dumbass..

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
To interrupt the mud slinging....

To this day I'm still in shock that something so traumatic/catastrophic could happen to us. I apologize if that's a little "Arrogant American" for some but damn, it's just unthinkable. Watching all these documentaries still leaves my jaw hanging...and I do feel for these people. I didn't know a single person who died that day but I can't help but feel something for them when I think about this tragic event.
Exactly

Jacob1983
09-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I was a senior in high school when this happened. We didn't have cable tv at my high school because my high school was ghetto. We were mainly getting our information from the radio, internet, and word of mouth. I wasn't glued to the tv because I had to work that night. I remember looking at the sky that night. No planes at all. A very weird and rare sight to see.

Leetonidas
09-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I remember this like it was yesterday. I was 11 years in old, in the 6th grade. It was on the announcements, but of course all they told us was a plane hit the towers. They kinda made it seem like an accident...but when I got home I turned on the news and watched it all day. My dad works for the FAA and I called him immediately. Sad fucking day man. I remember going to HEB that night and there being absolutely no water.

TMTTRIO
09-12-2009, 01:02 AM
I remember waking up and starting to get ready for work later on and seeing the first tower on fire. A few more minutes later I remember seeing the second plane flying into the second tower while I started wondering what was going on. It was horrible watching the coverage of people so desperate to get out they were jumping out of the buildings. Later on when the next plane hit the Pentagon and that other plane was going towards the Capital I started to really get worried about what was going on with our Country. That was a horrible time in our history and I pray something like that never happens again :(.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2009, 01:00 PM
For a good perspective on the situation, watch Fahrenhype 911 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427228/).

mookie2001
09-13-2009, 09:56 PM
I remember this like it was yesterday. I was 11 years in old, in the 6th grade
dam oldtimer

JudynTX
09-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Maybe I'm not the one that's selfish here. You sound a little childish in your attempt to make yourself look important. Those people you claim you care so much for, they are maggot food, and I don't give a shit about them. If they were alive, I'd feel different, depending on the circumstances. Where is the logic in caring about people who are dead, but hating those who were alive. I will never understand, or convert to your ways.

What the hell did you do to this thread?