PDA

View Full Version : MJ is inducted in the HOF. What is your favorite MJ is human afterall moment?

RsxPiimp
09-11-2009, 12:54 PM
mine is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVqpXl3M18

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Takin' it like a man in rapt silence when his father was murdered, his body mistakenly cremated.

manufan10
09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
This:

5_r4AGX3Qmo

JamStone
09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Kwame Brown.

IronMexican
09-11-2009, 01:31 PM
This:

5_r4AGX3Qmo

I miss that T-Mac.

Amaso
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
The only time MJ looked human was when he was a Wizard

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Don't forget those first 6 years when Boston and Detroit would send him home crying. Tears are very human.

Ssssssshhhh! We don't talk about those days!

Luva, just cuttin' & burnin' a swath thru NBA Forum on a Friday that is just stunning to behold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, you have whipped some heads & takin' some names!

Amaso
09-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Don't forget those first 6 years when Boston and Detroit would send him home crying. Tears are very human.

Boston and Detroit were real teams, Chicago was just Michael at that time.

BUMP
09-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Ssssssshhhh! We don't talk about those days!

Luva, just cuttin' & burnin' a swath thru NBA Forum on a Friday that is just stunning to behold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, you have whipped some heads & takin' some names!

You may wipe the semen off your keyboard now

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 02:35 PM
You may wipe the semen off your keyboard now

Please. I can't shoot it that far anymore. It just rolls off the turtle and fills my outty, I mean my inny.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
You mean Mike walked in Kobe's shoes for while? Not having a supporting cast to help him win? Damn, people sure never mention that about his career.

I God's,,,Luva with just one superlative point after another. The above is just devastatingly true and I am honestly envious that I had never contemplated it. And a little ashamed as well.

This is your finest hour, Luva.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 02:57 PM
You mean Mike walked in Kobe's shoes for while? Not having a supporting cast to help him win? Damn, people sure never mention that about his career.

Cut/paste/scrapbook time!

spursfaninla
09-11-2009, 03:51 PM
:lol
Your praising only vilifies me more with these freaks...:toast

true enough. Enough of the LA fellatio, please.

Now, the differences between Kobe and Mike, though many, stand tall here.

KOBE got 3 rings with a player that was, at least arguably, more dominant than Kobe. In the last, the last year they won it, Shaq was at least at important. Not saying that Kobe was not also dominant, or that Kobe was not a franchise player: just saying that the Lakers had 2 franchise-level players on their team (much as now with Pau).

Michael got 6 with himself being the best player on his team, and arguably the only dominant (franchise-level) player. He had great supporting casts, but never franchise players. (admittedly, duncan and robinson were franchise players in 1999 for instance)

Michael had Pippen and many good players over the years; name another DOMINANT one. Pippen? He was very good, but would have been unlikely to be called a franchise player I think, though he was borderline perhaps.

Kobe just does not compare. Sorry.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
:lol
Your praising only vilifies me more with these freaks...:toast

Well, you beat the holy shit out of 'em today.

& they royally deserved it. They had it comin'.

jayman2582
09-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Well, you beat the holy shit out of 'em today.

& they royally deserved it. They had it comin'.

Is there such a thing as being EGay?? cause I think Colburninhell just invented it!

BlackSwordsMan
09-11-2009, 04:36 PM
when he raped a white girl in colorado

iggypop123
09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
damn what happened to this thread

Chieflion
09-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Wherever Jordan goes, Kobe Bryant follows.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 06:35 PM
"damn what happened to this thread"

...Luva went and started cleanin' clocks early this morn.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Wherever Jordan goes, Kobe Bryant follows.

Save gettin' suspended a year for gambling.

Chieflion
09-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Save gettin' suspended a year for gambling.
He almost got suspended for life for "rape". So I say he was close.

Culburn369
09-11-2009, 08:18 PM
He almost got suspended for life for "rape". So I say he was close.

"close" only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and cheerleaders. He didn't get close to being suspended. He was suspended.

spursfaninla
09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Don't pretend like you didn't try to make the GOAT retirement into a KOBE discussion, and don't pretend like you didn't compare them.

This shit is stupid. MJ is GOAT and KOBE is all-time but NOT top 10, much less in the GOAT discussion.

Culburn369 can't be serious in his ass-kissing, yes-man affirming, front-running, obnoxious LA fan smack talk nonsense. No one here feels you; unlike Laker boards, people here do not hang on purple and gold nuts.

Anyway, enjoy your self con-gragulatory one liners and weak analysis; this type of crap only goes as long as you guys can claim scoreboard on the year.

angelbelow
09-12-2009, 12:47 AM
not sure if this has been posted.. The Artistry of Michael Jordan II by Hoopsencyclopedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6BEk3ktAQ

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 03:22 AM
Anyway, enjoy your self con-gragulatory one liners and weak analysis; this type of crap only goes as long as you guys can claim scoreboard on the year.

...having the Mavs kick your ass all over Texas helps as well.

So to June of 2010, here/here:toast

TDMVPDPOY
09-12-2009, 07:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-cnbcjordan091109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

here’s been much talk about the first billion dollar athlete.

Tiger Woods is supposedly on track to reach $1 billion next year, though his agent Mark Steinberg told us he doesn’t keep an official tally anywhere. And many mention LeBron James as the guy who is most likely to follow Woods.

But, at least according to one metric, they’ve already been topped by Michael Jordan.

It’s hard to say how much Jordan has reaped personally, but 2009 will be remembered as the year MJ was inducted into the Hall of Fame and the year that his Nikebrand, Jordan, topped $1 billion in annual revenue for the first time. It appropriately comes 23 years after Nike reached $1 billion in revenue for the first time.

The rise of Jordan as a marketing icon is an amazing story. The kid from the University of North Carolina, who had never worn Nikes before he signed his contract, made buying Air Jordans an annual ritual. And 6 ½ years after he played his last game, the business continues to grow. At more than $1 billion in sales, the Jordan brand now makes up roughly 5 percent of Nike’s overall revenues.

Consider these statistics, provided by SportsOneSource, a sports market retail tracking firm:

The Jordan brand has a 10.8 percent share of the overall US shoe market, which makes it the second biggest brand in the country and more than twice the size of Adidas’ share.

Three out of every four pairs of basketball shoes sold in this country are Jordan, while 86.5 percent of all basketball shoes sold over $100 are Jordan.

“The Jordan brand has established itself as the premium ‘designer’ brand in athletic footwear,” said Matt Powell, an analyst for SportsOneSource. “The breadth and reach of this line will never be duplicated.”

As I’ve said many times before, the next Michael Jordan isn’t Harold Miner, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James. There is no next Michael Jordan.

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 07:51 AM
"Harold Miner"

Baby Jordan! Disappeared like a fart in the wind.

Killakobe81
09-12-2009, 10:04 AM
true enough. Enough of the LA fellatio, please.

Now, the differences between Kobe and Mike, though many, stand tall here.

KOBE got 3 rings with a player that was, at least arguably, more dominant than Kobe. In the last, the last year they won it, Shaq was at least at important. Not saying that Kobe was not also dominant, or that Kobe was not a franchise player: just saying that the Lakers had 2 franchise-level players on their team (much as now with Pau).

Michael got 6 with himself being the best player on his team, and arguably the only dominant (franchise-level) player. He had great supporting casts, but never franchise players. (admittedly, duncan and robinson were franchise players in 1999 for instance)

Michael had Pippen and many good players over the years; name another DOMINANT one. Pippen? He was very good, but would have been unlikely to be called a franchise player I think, though he was borderline perhaps.

Kobe just does not compare. Sorry.

Mj is the "gold standard" BUT ...People forget he had many of the same faults as Kobe even if he is tmaybe the greater player I have ever seen:

1. Fought teammates - Steve Kerr meet MJ's fist
2. Hogged the ball - In his own HOF speech he said there is no I in team but there is one in win. (recalling dispute with Tex over breaking the triangle)
3. Gambled partied and commited adultery staying out all night before some of the Bulls biggest games. (to me that was disrespectful to his teammates)
now granted he won most of those especially later in his career, but still ...
4. He destryed the mentally weak ...fo all the guys he made better he destroyed Kwame Brown, Stacey King, Brad sellers etc. including questioning Kwame's sexuality (though i did find that funny but still..not right)
5. Great article on ESPN.com talks abou how none of the WIZ or even many of the Bulls players had any affection for Mj the way the Spur player loved David ...and how david gracefully bowed out ...
6. He played great defense at times ...others he gambled and took many plays off letting Pip do the grunt work (much like Kobe)

Look MJ pretty much denied Stockton, Malone Ewing and Barkley from g etting titles, Magic and Isiah from onne more ...amd tortured Cleveland to neo end. He was one of the greatest dunkers, had great fundamentals and who when motivated was the best defender in teh NBA ...

I just hate when people shit on Kobe or LEbron or Magic in comparison to MJ is the GOAT arguable of my generation 1980 til now BUT he is not without fault, was far from perfect and cases can be made for other players being greater (not IMHO but Magic is right there )...people that are so on his jock act as though is un-touchabull! LOL and judge Lebron negatively in comparison when Lebron may someday pass them all ...will he, who knows? Right now he is behind Kobe but me maybe the GOAT when all is said and done ...

And those that insist on comparing them negativelyt to Mj need to stop Jordan dominated his era, Magic his, this era it has been duncan, Shaq and Kobe ...

Many PackYao
09-12-2009, 01:32 PM
My favorite is when the Bulls played the Rockets during a game in '92 and Jordan got his game-tying 3pt attempt stuffed back in his face by Olajuwon. Hakeem also blocked several of Jordan's shot attempts throughout that game. The Bulls had trouble getting wins in the Texas triangle during their first title run.

MiamiHeat
09-12-2009, 02:54 PM
"close" only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and cheerleaders. He didn't get close to being suspended. He was suspended.

Bullshit. That's a myth, a lie, a fabrication.

He was investigated by Stern for gambling issues non-related to the NBA. That was it. He was never suspended.

Lie more.

MiamiHeat
09-12-2009, 03:01 PM
How can you be second to Jordan, and not top 10?

Jordan is too damn good. Historically, big men dominate the NBA, not shooting guards. Russell, Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar, Shaq, Duncan, etc.

Jordan was the first and still only guard to dominate the NBA with no all-star big man.

So, just because you are 2nd or 3rd best SG, doesn't mean you are top 10. Half the top 10 is populated by Centers. Then you got PG's, SFs, and PF's....

Amaso
09-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Jordan was the first and still only guard to dominate the NBA with no all-star big man.

By dominate I'm gonna assume you mean building a dynasty around a guard. But yeah, you don't really need an all-star center when you have a hall-of-fame wing player by your side. Everyone needs to realize the Modern NBA is very, very young. It's only about 30 years old, but you're right, dominant big men have usually been the center-piece of every good team and championship team during the NBA's history.

Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars "dominated" the NBA for a while and they were both guards, and they didn't really have an all-star big. Lambeer wasn't an all-star during their championship years and he was more of a perimiter orientated player anyway.

You have to think of it this way too, how many championship teams in the modern NBA have not had an all-star guard/wing player on them? The Sixers had Dr. J, Lakers had Magic, Celtics had Bird, Pistons had Thomas/Dumars, Bulls had Jordan/Pippen. The 93-94 Rockets were the only team up until this point (modern era in my perspective) that didn't have an all-star wing guy but they did get Drexler for their next championship in 95. Duncan and Robinson did the same thing in 99. And this decade of course we've had Kobe with the Lakers, Manu/Parker with the Spurs, Billups with the Pistons, Wade and the Head, and finally Ray Allen/Pierce with the Celtics.\

Centers can't win it by themselves anymore than perimeter players can.

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Bullshit. That's a myth, a lie, a fabrication.

He was investigated by Stern for gambling issues non-related to the NBA. That was it. He was never suspended.

Lie more.

Solly cholly, Jordan was suspended a year for gambling.

Stings, don't it?

tee, hee.

Culburn369
09-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh, this ought to be choice. Let's see 'em come in here and somehow explain that it'll work for Dick, but, not for Artest.

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

callo1
09-13-2009, 12:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA

wekko368
09-13-2009, 01:05 AM
That's exactly what I've been trying to explain about Artest. Very well put. Having Kobe, Fish, Pau, Bynum, or Odom is going to allow Artest to get very aggressive. He's never even come close to having this much talent around him.

You probably didn't see many Rockets games this past year. I watched every single one including the postseason. You don't want Artest to be aggressive. He's slower than most small forwards and shorter than most power forwards. Not to mention he's a terrible ball-handler.

He was most efficient when he became a spot-up shooter.

wekko368
09-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Centers can't win it by themselves anymore than perimeter players can.

Star centers are rare commodities. Star perimeter players are not. Just look at the recent #1 draft picks.

2007: Greg Oden
2006: Andrea Bargnani
2005: Andrew Bogut
2004: Dwight Howard
2003: Lebron James (With Darko picked 2nd)
2002: Yao Ming
2001: Kwame Brown
2000: Kenyon Martin (no all-star wings in the draft)
1999: Elton Brand
1998: Michael Olowokandi
1997: Tim Duncan

Clearly, teams looking to rebuild agree that the best way to start is through the center position.

Amaso
09-13-2009, 02:44 AM
Star centers are rare commodities. Star perimeter players are not. Just look at the recent #1 draft picks.

Clearly, teams looking to rebuild agree that the best way to start is through the center position.

I definitely agree, the main reason why you'd want to start your team around a Big man is in the hopes that he's a defensive anchor for your team as well. While center is probably the most important position, theres a reason why most aren't successful without a star guard because they need someone to create during the 4th quarter when centers can't usully carry their teams on the back.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-14-2009, 09:33 AM

I God's,,,Luva with just one superlative point after another. The above is just devastatingly true and I am honestly envious that I had never contemplated it. And a little ashamed as well.

This is your finest hour, Luva.

:rolleyes

You guys want to stop the circle-jerk for a moment and take a look at the evidence? You're saying Kobe "never had a supporting cast"? What about the Shaq/Horry/Fisher/Fox teams of his 3 rings? Shaq was named MVP in 2000, and could have been the following 3 years but for transcendent performances by Iverson and Duncan. And Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Ariza/Fisher is hardly shabby. Neither of those teams even go close to qualifying as "no supporting cast"! I wonder what All-Stars like Shaq and Pau, and game winners like Fish and Big Shot Rob would have to say about your bullshit?

MJ, OTOH, had Scottie, admittedly one of the most under-rated all-court players of all time, and an elite rebounder-defender in Dennis Rodman, but other than that all he played with was a bunch of very well fitted role players who utterly accepted their roles, and that was it. Sure, guys like Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, John Paxson and Steve Kerr were nice role players, but Scottie was the only other All-Star Michael played with. Kobe has had at least as much support from Shaq, Pau and Lamar.

Get a grip, fellas, really... or maybe that should be loosen your grip and back away from your penises, they might fall off. :lmao

Culburn369
09-14-2009, 09:38 AM
---Originally Posted by lakaluva http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3682322#post3682322)
You mean Mike walked in Kobe's shoes for while? Not having a supporting cast to help him win? Damn, people sure never mention that about his career.---

Still no cogent rebuttal.

z0sa
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
---Originally Posted by lakaluva http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3682322#post3682322)
You mean Mike walked in Kobe's shoes for while? Not having a supporting cast to help him win? Damn, people sure never mention that about his career.---

Still no cogent rebuttal.

You could make a strong case for MJ having some of the worst championship squads of any team's.

thispego
09-14-2009, 11:32 AM
No one was comparing Kobe and MJ in this thread. I just made a simple observation that you guys purposely deleted from history. In your ramblings, you made a futile mistake. I remember Pau being the laughing stock of the NBA while in Memphis. In fact, you all named him Gasoft when he came to LA!!! Now that he's teamed with Kobe and has won a title and is on the brink of many more, now he's a franchise player?!!!! You can continue to discredit Kobe, but he's answered all of the challenges put before him from day one. And I'm glad he had that condescending look on his face when good ol Bill was forced to hand him that finals MVP trophy in the mist of a Purple and Gold coronation. His thoughts were, "This is mine, now get the fuck on."

pau has been a franchise player since he joined the association

Culburn369
09-14-2009, 11:33 AM
pau has been a franchise player since he joined the league

tee, hee.

thispego
09-14-2009, 11:35 AM
he has. he was memphis' franchise big man, now he's the lakers' ill-gotten franchise big man

MiamiHeat
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Pau was taking the Grizzlies to the playoffs. Those shitty grizzlies. It doesn't matter if they couldn't win. Pau was still the man for those teams, the star big man, carrying them. ALL-STAR talent.

In Michael Jordan's day, HE HAD NO EQUALS. NO CONTEMPORARIES. Jordan had an aura around him, even his opponent's knew "That's Mike..he's a lot better than me"

Kobe isn't even clear cut better than LeBron. FOr most of Kobe's career, he hasn't even been top 2 in the NBA. He's only been top 2-3 for the past 3 years.

Culburn369
09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Pau was taking the Grizzlies to the playoffs. Those shitty grizzlies. It doesn't matter if they couldn't win.

Well it did [matter] until Lee missed that layup.

tee, hee.

thispego
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
memphis wanted deng AND gordon. and deng was better then than he is now

baseline bum
09-14-2009, 02:33 PM

Boo hoo. Kobe had three years in his career where he didn't have a top 2 or 3 supporting cast.