PDA

View Full Version : Seymour trade

IronMexican
09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I can't find the other thread.

Anyways, it sounds like he's on the Raiders regardless of the physical. Hearing he might sit the year out and just leave. This has to be a new low for this franchise. Just very disappointed right now.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2009, 09:01 PM
That really sucks, bro.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-11-2009, 09:23 PM
No way the Raiders get pimped out of a pick because the dude decided he wasn't going to show.

They'll file a grievance and most likely win.

Shit like this and what's happening up in Minny with the Williamses is bad for the league.

monosylab1k
09-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Bitch move by Seymour for sure. Good thing he's the Raiders problem now. Raiders ought to get some compensatory picks out of this for sure.

IronMexican
09-11-2009, 09:40 PM
No way the Raiders get pimped out of a pick because the dude decided he wasn't going to show.

They'll file a grievance and most likely win.

Shit like this and what's happening up in Minny with the Williamses is bad for the league.

Al Davis will definitely fight this.

I doubt he wins though. The 5 day thingamajig was sent yesterday. And thingamajig is a word? FF didn't correct it. Cool.

monosylab1k
09-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Al Davis will definitely fight this.

I doubt he wins though. The 5 day thingamajig was sent yesterday. And thingamajig is a word? FF didn't correct it. Cool.

They'll get something in compensation. If my facts are straight, though, they can't get their 1st round pick back unless Seymour reports and fails his physical. But they'll definitely get something out of this.

IronMexican
09-11-2009, 09:44 PM
They'll get something in compensation. If my facts are straight, though, they can't get their 1st round pick back unless Seymour reports and fails his physical. But they'll definitely get something out of this.

But Al wont be going for what he wanted, which is his first back.

This is just embarrassing to honest. I have no other way to put it. If someone asks me about this, it's going to be hard to not put a boot up his ass. I have a very short temper and if anyone asks me about it, I hope I don't snap.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-11-2009, 09:58 PM

I haven't read up on all the details, but that just doesn't make sense to me.

If the guy shows up and fails the physical, then the deal is voided.

If the guy never, ever shows up to take the damn thing, then the trade is legit?

Weird.

monosylab1k
09-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I haven't read up on all the details, but that just doesn't make sense to me.

If the guy shows up and fails the physical, then the deal is voided.

If the guy never, ever shows up to take the damn thing, then the trade is legit?

Weird.

It's definitely weird, but from what I see, the Raiders wouldn't have even bothered sending him the 5 day letter unless they viewed him as their property and the trade was considered official.

My guess would be that it took this long to send a letter because they've been fighting with the Patriots over whether the trade is official or not, and who is responsible for sending him the letter in the first place.

It's really just too bad that Seymour is showing himself to be such an asshole and a spoiled little pussy.

EricB
09-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah sack up, go play football. Seymore is acting like a spoiled brat.

monosylab1k
09-11-2009, 10:14 PM
We'll find out for sure what the deal is by Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe the trade gets nullified. Either way, Seymour is a bitch.

DBryant88
09-11-2009, 11:04 PM
^^what he said

IronMexican
09-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I just snapped at my dad, an Al Davis supporter.

IronMexican
09-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Schefter said he is supposed to show up tomorrow and will play Monday.

DBryant88
09-11-2009, 11:50 PM
the silver and black can only hope...

LOL texans
09-12-2009, 12:10 AM
he's just looking out for his and his family's interest. He was pretty much blidsided by this and tis a contract year for him. ihe should ask Al for a fat new contract and get paid now.....oh, and fuck the pats.

IronMexican
09-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Eh? Not buying it. Either way, Welcome to the Silver and Black.

"There are a lot of different emotions," Seymour told Borges. "Football was not my main concern at that point."

The trade was a major shock to Seymour's family system. Deciding how his his wife, four children and a 15-year-old cousin to whom he is guardian would proceed seems to have been a major factor in delaying his arrival in Oakland.

Strike
09-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I just snapped at my dad, an Al Davis supporter.

Slap your dad. Even if he beats your ass, he deserves it for supporting Al Davis.

dirk4mvp
09-12-2009, 06:28 PM
:lol Raiders