PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Bush vs. Kerry Debate

DMX7
09-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Could someone please explain this to me? I remember watching it live during the debate but I didn't understand what happened. Did his mic go out or something? (it showed up on the youtube homepage and reminded me of the moment)

5z_huHmtdGk

Wild Cobra
09-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Watch carefully. It's an edited video.

balli
09-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I have no idea if this video is edited to make it appear longer or not, but Bush sat there for quite some time because he is a fucking moron. If anything went out, it wasn't his mic, it was the earpiece he was wearing so his handlers could feed him answers.

DMX7
09-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Someone find the real video (if you can). I remember watching this and him pausing a really long time but its been too long since it happened.

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 02:02 AM
Someone find the real video (if you can). I remember watching this and him pausing a really long time but its been too long since it happened.

Here's the entire debate from C-Span. I think you've misremembered. It's not the split screen version of your source but, it's the same debate and probably the same feed. Your source was probably from one of the networks. Nevermind, I see the C-Span logo on yours, too. I guess it's just to produced videos from C-Span's archives. But, it is the same debate. There were only three and only two were at podiums -- and, as you can see from my other video below, the other podium is different than the ones in our two video clips.

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/library/includes/templates/library/flash_popup.php?pID=183580-1&clipStart=&clipStop=

I watched all of the President's speaking parts (fast forwarding through most of Kerry) and could not find any pauses longer than a couple of seconds. There is a point when Lehrer is asking a question and the camera is on the President, who is listening attentively. I suppose that could have been used to construct the fake video...who knows. Much of the caricature former president Bush's critics have formed about him come from malicious exercises such as was committed by producing the misleading video you posted.

What I did find is why President Bush was re-elected. He acquitted himself well on a whole range of topics, primarily, of course, the war on terror. And, in my opinion, Kerry came off as a pompous buffoon. There was the global test statement. For the $87 billion before he was against it. Sacrificing the six-party talks so he could have bilateral negotiations with North Korea... But that's just me.

I recommend everyone view it...it's quite a history lesson. Some of you may even have to "recalibrate" your opinion of President Bush.

There was a funny part near the end -- funny as in, relevant to the whole decorum question, that is -- when Jim Lehrer apparently tried to goad President Bush into responding to something Senator Kerry said that apparently implied President Bush had lied. I missed Kerry's actual statement but, it's clear from Lehrer's provocation he accused the President of lying.

President Bush responded that he was a big man, that he didn't take it personally and that he wouldn't think of accusing Kerry of misleading anyone when he declared Saddam Hussein a grave threat in the Spring of 2003.

Could someone please explain this to me?
Yeah. People fabricate lies and build false narratives when they can't find anything substantial to criticize. This is just an example of that...

Anyway, in my search for the video, I came across this one on YouTube...it's from another of the three debates held. Again, President Bush is on point and, once again, exposes the flaws with socialized health care.

jxQAoKL7EBY

I believe it's relevant to the current debate on Health Care.

boutons_deux
09-12-2009, 09:37 AM
"He acquitted himself well on a whole range of topics, primarily, of course, the war on terror"

He lost a big battle on 9/11.

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 10:04 AM
"He acquitted himself well on a whole range of topics, primarily, of course, the war on terror"

He lost a big battle on 9/11.
America lost a huge battle on September 11, 2001...just as it did on December 7, 1941.

Both Commanders-in-Chief responded resolutely and effectively. Makes me proud to be an American.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Could someone please explain this to me?
Simple.

You either misremember, or you have a weak mind, open to the power of suggestion of liberal dogma and propaganda.

I also remember watching the debate, and I immediately knew the video was edited.

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Simple.

You either misremember, or you have a weak mind, open to the power of suggestion of liberal dogma and propaganda.

I also remember watching the debate, and I immediately knew the video was edited.
You all should really watch it again...good, quality, take down of Kerry's liberalism.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2009, 12:33 PM
You all should really watch it again...good, quality, take down of Kerry's liberalism.
Yep. Nice find, thanx. Kerry was such a fool. Still listening.

The time line for the question and edited pause was right after 0:48:10. It was a long pause. A whole 4-5 seconds.

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Yep. Nice find, thanx. Kerry was such a fool. Still listening.

The time line for the question and edited pause was right after 0:48:10. It was a long pause. A whole 4-5 seconds.
4 seconds. Nice find...

It's also significant that Bush wasn't being asked a question. Instead, he had asked Lehrer for an opportunity to respond to something Kerry said. Just gathering his thoughts...that's all.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2009, 12:56 PM
4 seconds. Nice find...

It's also significant that Bush wasn't being asked a question. Instead, he had asked Lehrer for an opportunity to respond to something Kerry said. Just gathering his thoughts...that's all.

I find it so laughable that these liberals here are so willing to present propaganda rather than verify the truth. At the same time, I find it sad an scary that these same people have the right to vote.

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Elections have consequences, WC. That's the lesson that needs to be learned.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Elections have consequences, WC. That's the lesson that needs to be learned.
I know that. Do you think the libtards will ever learn?

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I know that. Do you think the libtards will ever learn?
Liberals already know that, too. They like the consequences. It's those who voted for Obama that thought he was a centrist that are getting an education.