PDA

View Full Version : Why was Gino not at Robinson's HOF ceremony....

Phenomanul
09-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I know Parker was playing at the Eurobasket Tournament... It would have been cool to see Manu there....

Aside from Robinson's family, I saw.... Tim Duncan, Sean Elliott, Bruce Bowen, Malik Rose, Avery Johnson, Greg Poppovich, and R.C. Buford....

Dex
09-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Gino only played with Robinson for one year ('03). I'm sure he has a good relationship with David, but not nearly to the extent of those others stated...

Also, is Ginobili even in the States right now, or did he go back to Argentina?

whottt
09-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Manu is David's favorite Spur, I'm sure he had a good reason for not making it, even if it's being out of the country or something. Are we even sure he wasn't there?

duncan228
09-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Aside from Robinson's family, I saw.... Tim Duncan, Sean Elliott, Bruce Bowen, Malik Rose, Avery Johnson, Greg Poppovich, and R.C. Buford....

Holt was there too.

Phenomanul
09-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Manu is David's favorite Spur, I'm sure he had a good reason for not making it, even if it's being out of the country or something. Are we even sure he wasn't there?

If he was, he wasn't seated in David's section... I even saw Max Lucado.

Maybe something came up for Gino... hopefully the Spurs' organization finds a way to honor Robinson one more time sometime this season...

whottt
09-12-2009, 06:19 PM
hopefully the Spurs' organization finds a way to honor Robinson one more time sometime this season...

They are...they're having a HOF name night...I think they are trying to sell some ticket package for it.

Phenomanul
09-12-2009, 06:21 PM

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g138/hegamboa/Basketball-DavidRobinson6.jpg

duncan228
09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
They are...they're having a HOF name night...I think they are trying to sell some ticket package for it.

They're selling a 5 game 'David Robinson Hall of Fame' package.

Sunday, November 9 is 'David Robinson Night'

http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/david_robinson_hof_package.html

tlongII
09-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm guessing Ginobili's injured. :lol

EricB
09-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm guessing Im now a fucking troll who has no life but to troll asian fetish dickhead sites.. :lol

FIFY asswhipe.

jrmp317
09-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm guessing Ginobili's injured. :lol

must be taking the same medicine as Greg Oden.

ducks
09-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I know Parker was playing at the Eurobasket Tournament... It would have been cool to see Manu there....

could not faceboook there

whottt
09-12-2009, 06:51 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g138/hegamboa/Basketball-DavidRobinson6.jpg

Yeah, I should clarify that, Manu's is David's favorite Spur to watch play(he's a lot of players favorite player to watch play)...I don't know if he's Dave's favorite Spur period.

urunobili
09-13-2009, 12:11 AM
On his Spurs first road trip Manu always tells that he showed up to the airplane on a white tee and jeans and Robinson sent him back and told him " rookies need to travel wearing a suit on this team"...

He always tells that anecdote and he said that later on he and the rest of the Spurs understood that he wasn't being unrespectful that that was his natural style

Spurs 21+20+9=50
09-13-2009, 12:27 AM

I was fortunate enough to attend the event and saw Finley there also.

TMTTRIO
09-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't know but Manu did say something about it on his facebook.

Congrats to 5-0 for entering the HOF! Nice trio, huh? 50, MJ and Stockton. What an honor! /// Felicitaciones a Robinson, Jordan y Stockton por entrar al Hall Of Fame. Qué gran honor! 3 de los más grandes de siempre en sus puestos.

Phenomanul
09-13-2009, 02:44 PM

That's probably because he was one of MJ's guests... They used to practice together at Chicago several years ago...

portnoy1
09-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Manu is not as close to spurs player as most might think. Him and Tim dont hang out all the time and stuff like that. Bruce and Tim spend time together; over eachothers house and stuff. However Manu didnt have any spurs in his wedding. Duncan had antonio daniels. Manu goes back to argentina after every season. Him and former spurs Sean Marks would go to movies on the road. Mason jr. and Gooden would hang out quite a bit. But Manu loves san antonio, but its still a business and he basically just learned to love the environment. His heart+good friends are in argentina.

EricB
09-13-2009, 03:49 PM
That's probably because he was one of MJ's guests... They used to practice together at Chicago several years ago...

Him and RObinson are also pretty good friends as well.

Phenomanul
09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Him and RObinson are also pretty good friends as well.

Not that I doubt that... I just wonder where Finley was sitting....

ploto
09-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Manu is not as close to spurs player as most might think.

The guys who Manu is closest to simply are not on the Spurs anymore-- Fabricio, Rasho, Sean...

Hemotivo
09-13-2009, 08:39 PM
The guys who Manu is closest to simply are not on the Spurs anymore-- Fabricio, Rasho, Sean...

Kerr, Ferry

TMTTRIO
09-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Well it looks like Manu's having a lot of fun hanging out with Fabri before the season starts:lol.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs230.snc1/7724_150454976933_71769686933_3616002_1865403_n.jp g

With all the tennis excitement, after the game we decided to pose with improvised rackets. Welcome back my friend! /// Con todo el tema Del Potro, después del juego posamos con Fabri con unas raquetas un poco improvisadas. Después del éxito de la foto del minigolf, volvimos CON TODO.

alamo50
09-15-2009, 07:54 AM

Fortunate is the word.
It was impossible to get tickets (below $1,000)!

Very awesome you were blessed to be there.
Tell us more?

Spurs 21+20+9=50
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Fortunate is the word.
It was impossible to get tickets (below $1,000)!

Very awesome you were blessed to be there.
Tell us more?

The $1,000 seats that Jordan referenced in his speech were VIP tickets in the lower level. My seats were in the front row of the balcony for $150 each, purchased directly from the HOF. Not cheap, but still an awesome experience.

I was able to meet several people during the HOF weekend events including George Gervin, Ernie and Kenny from TNT, Malik Rose, Sam Perkins, Big Baby, Calvin Murphy, Hubie Brown, Doug Collins, and Bobcats owner Robert Johnson.

I took my Robinson jersey to try to get signed. I was within about 10 feet of him a couple of times, but was unfortunately not able to meet him. Security for him, Jordan, and the others in this year's class was really high.

I never saw Jordan, Robinson, or Stockton anywhere outside of the organized events, but Jerry Sloan was at my hotel restaurant and bar at night with his family and in the hotel lobby several times.

There were many others around part or all of the weekend that I could have probably talked to, but didn't because I didn't want to interrupt them while they were with family and friends, including Roy Williams, Mike Fratello, Mark Eaton, Brad Daughtery, Vinny Del Negro, Peter Vescey, Mike Breen, Ahmad Rashad, Travis Best, Howard Eisley, Earl Monroe, Bob Lanier, and Dee Brown.

The other guys I saw up close but couldn't talk to due to security, restricted access, etc. were Duncan, Barkley, Rodman, Pippen, Oakley, Bowen, Finley, R.C., Popovich, Avery, Kerr, Kukoc, Malone, Pat Riley, Ray Allen, Jared Jeffries, and Manute Bol.

All in all, a very cool experience. I agree with what many on here have already said - Robinson's speech was way too short, but he probably did that at the request of the NBA, HOF, etc. Hearing it in person did give me goosebumps though, and is something I'll never forget.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Gino only played with Robinson for one year ('03)

thanks for the history lesson oldtimer

KenziE
09-16-2009, 07:26 PM
The $1,000 seats that Jordan referenced in his speech were VIP tickets in the lower level. My seats were in the front row of the balcony for $150 each, purchased directly from the HOF. Not cheap, but still an awesome experience.

I was able to meet several people during the HOF weekend events including George Gervin, Ernie and Kenny from TNT, Malik Rose, Sam Perkins, Big Baby, Calvin Murphy, Hubie Brown, Doug Collins, and Bobcats owner Robert Johnson.

I took my Robinson jersey to try to get signed. I was within about 10 feet of him a couple of times, but was unfortunately not able to meet him. Security for him, Jordan, and the others in this year's class was really high.

I never saw Jordan, Robinson, or Stockton anywhere outside of the organized events, but Jerry Sloan was at my hotel restaurant and bar at night with his family and in the hotel lobby several times.

There were many others around part or all of the weekend that I could have probably talked to, but didn't because I didn't want to interrupt them while they were with family and friends, including Roy Williams, Mike Fratello, Mark Eaton, Brad Daughtery, Vinny Del Negro, Peter Vescey, Mike Breen, Ahmad Rashad, Travis Best, Howard Eisley, Earl Monroe, Bob Lanier, and Dee Brown.

The other guys I saw up close but couldn't talk to due to security, restricted access, etc. were Duncan, Barkley, Rodman, Pippen, Oakley, Bowen, Finley, R.C., Popovich, Avery, Kerr, Kukoc, Malone, Pat Riley, Ray Allen, Jared Jeffries, and Manute Bol.

All in all, a very cool experience. I agree with what many on here have already said - Robinson's speech was way too short, but he probably did that at the request of the NBA, HOF, etc. Hearing it in person did give me goosebumps though, and is something I'll never forget.

WOW what an experience its PRICELESS if you ask me $150 well spent for sure