PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question...

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Is U of H for real? (Houston). They win last week 55-7, and are ahead of Oklahoma State right now 44-35, about to pull off the upset. Is this team a team to watch out for? They get Texas Tech in two weeks..I'd keep a close eye on this matchup.

bugoy
09-12-2009, 06:21 PM
i was thinking the same thing

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Already BCS busters...They've got nothing to lose...they could have one hell of a season.

tlongII
09-12-2009, 06:28 PM
They're decent. Not Pac-10 quality, but decent.

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 06:46 PM
They're decent. Not Pac-10 quality, but decent.
lol Washington State
lol Pac-10

Houston would bitchslap half the teams in the Crap-10

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 06:47 PM
their qb is sick
yeah he is...dude is insane...and that Beall guy is pretty sick too...and Charles Sims..

Brutalis
09-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Bet Mike is pretty furious.

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Bet Mike is pretty furious.
I'm sure...but you know OSU overlooked them..and this Houston team is pretty ill...not a smart move.

kbrury
09-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I wonder where Sumlin will be in a few years.

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 07:01 PM
damn good question

dallaskd
09-12-2009, 07:02 PM
They play at Miss State too.

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 07:10 PM
They play at Miss State too.
ooh...that'll be crazy

kbrury
09-12-2009, 07:11 PM
damn good question

I could see him going to OK State since he has Oklahoma ties and with the disappointments the cowboys have had and will probably continue to have Gundy will be gone in a couple years.

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I could see him going to OK State since he has Oklahoma ties and with the disappointments the cowboys have had and will probably continue to have Gundy will be gone in a couple years.
yeah...actually that could work pretty nice...

RonMexico
09-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Well, I think UH is decent and their games are pretty fun to watch in Houston since they actually serve beer. Problem is that you can only go to the Tech game if you buy a mini-pack or season tickets this year.

I think this proves that OSU was overrated as we all knew.

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Well, I think UH is decent and their games are pretty fun to watch in Houston since they actually serve beer. Problem is that you can only go to the Tech game if you buy a mini-pack or season tickets this year.

I think this proves that OSU was overrated as we all knew.
I don't know man..that Georgia win was pretty sick last week. But they weren't worthy of #6

RonMexico
09-12-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't know man..that Georgia win was pretty sick last week. But they weren't worthy of #6

Ranked is fine, but 6 is too high.

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Ranked is fine, but 6 is too high.
exactly

Spursfan092120
09-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't think USC is running the ball enough.

CagedMonky
09-13-2009, 11:41 PM
We will get another chance to see the Coogs on TV Sep 26 at home against Texas Tech on ESPN2.

I would love to make the trip to see this game (but not interested in the minipack UH is requiring).

Any other San Antonio UH Alumni or Coog fans? I figured there are not many of us. :)

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 11:45 PM
We will get another chance to see the Coogs on TV Sep 26 at home against Texas Tech on ESPN2.

I would love to make the trip to see this game (but not interested in the minipack UH is requiring).

Any other San Antonio UH Alumni or Coog fans? I figured there are not many of us. :)
I'm a Horns fan, but I really enjoyed watching your team play this week...will definitely catch the game in 2 weeks against Tek a Tech. Your QB is sick.

j-6
09-13-2009, 11:50 PM

He's a Purdue alum - don't be shocked if Mama comes callin'.

bugoy
09-14-2009, 12:20 AM
my UH friend cant comprehend why UT wont schedule them, she claims they have been trying to schedule them for the past so many years but they are scared and are just dodging them LOL

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-14-2009, 09:37 AM
If they can keep their heads screwed on straight and beat Tech they have a very real chance to run the board. C-USA ain't exactly a football powerhouse.

From what I saw Saturday, OSU shot themselves in the foot early and often. Meanwhile, Keenum's come a long way from last year but I could still point to at least two or three plays where he got away with a bad decision. Last year he'd make five or six in a game and the D would make him pay for it about half the time. I was in the stadium last year when moments after taking a 1 point lead late in the fourth against UTEP he heaved a one footed pass across his body and across the field on a two point conversion attempt that was promptly intercepted and returned to give UTEP a one point lead. (Of course, Keenum then led a flawless two minute drill to pull a win out in the closing seconds.)

Offensively, the Coogs are the real deal. Sumlin's offense is far less gimmicky than Briles' was so I don't think you'll see them sputter the second they face a quality defensive unit. Defensively, I have grave concerns about the Coogs front four. I think if OSU had shown a greater committment to the running game they could have won this. Overall, I'd say this game was just the perfect storm of a slightly overrated team getting punched in the mouth by a very underrated team.

ETA: How do I get myself a UH skin for this forum?

CagedMonky
09-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Brile's offense was too gimmicky for my liking. I'm very excited about the upcoming game.

Suggestion: can a mod change the title of this thread to Houston Cougars or something of the like.

Thanks.

CagedMonky
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I must find a Creator then :P

TFloss32
09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
This year's Ball State...I'm pulling for 'em though.

CagedMonky
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
For all the tshirts who assume too much: UH has played Okie State 3x in the past 3 years with 2 of the games in Stillwater. UH won 2 out of the 3.

No Fluke for you. Go pretend you attended 1 hour of 1 class at UT-Austin or whatever other pretty boy school that you wish you were legitimately a part of. I know a lot of people who do. It makes them feel better when they put on the burnt orange on Saturdays.

Spursfan092120
09-20-2009, 06:09 PM
For all the tshirts who assume too much: UH has played Okie State 3x in the past 3 years with 2 of the games in Stillwater. UH won 2 out of the 3.

No Fluke for you. Go pretend you attended 1 hour of 1 class at UT-Austin or whatever other pretty boy school that you wish you were legitimately a part of. I know a lot of people who do. It makes them feel better when they put on the burnt orange on Saturdays.
Don't be ignorant. Although I did not go to UT, I have family that did, and does. I cheer for them because of that reason. You don't have to go to a damn school to cheer for them. If that was the case, college football wouldn't make it...nobody would go to games unless they went to the school. That's a stupid ass statement. I made this thread in the beginning, and I think Houston has a great team...too bad fans like you are going to be arrogant and fuck up the Cinderella atmosphere.

CagedMonky
09-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Arrogance? What arrogance? I'm hating sure. I'm pointing out that it wasnt a fluke because we beat Ok State before. I'm not claiming UH is gonna run the table this year. They could do jack shit. I will be the last person to predict UH better than UT, TT, or any team represented on your favorite shirt. :)

This is in response to all the UH Band wagon comments. I'm far from the band wagon. I attended all home games during our 0-11 season. Its also for the fluke against Ok State comments. It isn't. Sure we can lose it all against Tech. I'll still be a fan of the Coogs (with or without a band wagon ).

My response to those calling me band wagon is to call out the true band wagoners, the TShirt fans (Not just UT ones). You may have more reasons for supporting the horns and not just sporting the shirt. I'll buy that.

Hey I can have a good time watching the horns play just like you with the coogs. I'm just not gonna call myself a horn fan and wear their colors. I know many non UH fans who are going to the UH TT game to cheer on the coogs (maybe its a houston hometown thing for them). I will go attend at UTSA game in the future and cheer for them. So I understand cheering for another school (not your own). I see no harm in that. Just don't call me out as band wagon when at least I attended the school and not just sporting a shirt.

I know my argument is weak as you have to assume everyone went to college and everyone's college has a NCAA FBS football team. It's all I got when arguing against UT fans. So take it for what its worth, smack talk.

Sure there is a UH band wagon currently (maybe not for long). But they are not buying Cougar T-Shirts.

I just find the hypocrisy in UT fans calling anyone band wagon. Yalls is the biggest in the state. All Aboard!

Thanks for the thread. I just wish they'd change the title to UH or Houston Coogs.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-20-2009, 08:28 PM
dude youve posted "tshirt" in about 35 of your 37 career posts, come off it, youre like those atheist dudes who devote their whole lives to telling people there isnt a god, its just sad and you might as well have spent the time going to church

CagedMonky
09-20-2009, 09:07 PM
dude youve posted "tshirt" in about 35 of your 37 career posts, come off it, youre like those atheist dudes who devote their whole lives to telling people there isnt a god, its just sad and you might as well have spent the time going to church
Damn I need 200 to catch up to you. Gonna be a long night.

Don't forget I have tshirt in my signature too. I think I am obsessed with it. I think I am a fan of Longhorn Tshirt Fans. Call me the Tshirt dude. :P

I swear... this will be my last tshirt reference (out of respect for welll you know who):

http://www.crocketteers.com/Spurstalk/hornfanflowchart.png

Seriously though... I know you Longhorn fans are passionate (Every week I watch your games with family/friends who are horn fans). Its really the only wisecrack a fan of another school/team can make about you guys. Its kinda hard to talk crap about a team that is consistently top 5.

bugoy
09-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Houston going to the bowlllllll

benefactor
09-27-2009, 08:42 AM
They're probably close to a top 10 team...but I still don't think they can play spoiler any any of the big bowl games. If they run the table they have a good chance at an at large bid. Whoever they play will likely peter roll them.

j-6
09-27-2009, 08:57 AM

http://www.themacdaily.com/web_images/purdue_logo.jpg

They lose to Notre Dame a week after losing to Northern Illinois while a former four year letterman beats Okie State and Tech in consecutive weeks.

CagedMonky
09-27-2009, 08:59 AM
They're probably close to a top 10 team...but I still don't think they can play spoiler any any of the big bowl games. If they run the table they have a good chance at an at large bid. Whoever they play will likely peter roll them.
Only 1 Non-AQ team will be able to get a BCS bowl spot. Right now its TCU, Boise State, and UH all in the running for that 1 spot.

Spursfan092120
09-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Only 1 Non-AQ team will be able to get a BCS bowl spot. Right now its TCU, Boise State, and UH all in the running for that 1 spot.
With Houston and TCU playing tougher teams, I'd say it will be one of them.

j-6
09-27-2009, 10:31 AM
With Houston and TCU playing tougher teams, I'd say it will be one of them.

No way. If Boise wins out - and they're already #5/#6 after this weekend, they have to get it. TCU got fucked as soon as BYU and Utah lost. UH is a great story and a good team but I don't see them leapfrogging an unbeaten Boise team that started the season ranked pretty high. Houston and TCU are poster children for abolishing the BCS if they go unbeaten and get jobbed by a WAC team.

If all three win out, shit will hit the fan. Even more so if Texas goes unbeaten and no other major team does. It'll be anarchy and the best part is three Texas teams are in large cities, not isolated college towns. Houston will adopt the Coogs like they did when Ware and Klingler were there.

Spursfan092120
09-27-2009, 10:39 AM
No way. If Boise wins out - and they're already #5/#6 after this weekend, they have to get it. TCU got fucked as soon as BYU and Utah lost. UH is a great story and a good team but I don't see them leapfrogging an unbeaten Boise team that started the season ranked pretty high. Houston and TCU are poster children for abolishing the BCS if they go unbeaten and get jobbed by a WAC team.

If all three win out, shit will hit the fan. Even more so if Texas goes unbeaten and no other major team does. It'll be anarchy and the best part is three Texas teams are in large cities, not isolated college towns. Houston will adopt the Coogs like they did when Ware and Klingler were there.
I don't know man...with Houston playing Oklahoma St. in Oklahoma, and playing tougher teams in Conference USA, it's possible, I think.

Spursfan092120
09-27-2009, 12:15 PM
all 3 will lose because they are the suck
hmmm...let's see...

Notre Dame/Boise St./U of H./TCU

One of these teams are not like the other...which is it?

Oh yeah...ND is not undefeated.