PDA

View Full Version : How big was the DC tea party

hope4dopes
09-12-2009, 10:18 PM
What have people heard about the numbers of the crowd for the sep.12 tea party in DC i've read conflicting reports, if they're true it was incredible.

ManuTP9
09-12-2009, 10:38 PM
More than the Inauguration.

ManuTP9
09-12-2009, 11:10 PM
ABC is saying 2 million

SouthernFried
09-12-2009, 11:11 PM
I seriously doubt there were over even a million. Maybe 100,000 or so. But, either way...there were plenty.

I heard Joe Gibbs telling reporters at one of his press conferences, he didn't know who these people were or why they came.

Methinks these people are right...DC is seriously out of touch with this country.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Methinks not everyone is going to know or care about the march.

SnakeBoy
09-12-2009, 11:26 PM
The numbers I heard on Fox were 250-350k. The story on abc.com says 60-70k. Judge for yourself...

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/live912.jpg

SnakeBoy
09-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Police and the Parks service estimate 1.2 - 1.5 million.

That's seems about right if you compare the above pic to this chart...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-01-19-crowd_N.htm

ChumpDumper
09-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Police and the Parks service estimate 1.2 - 1.5 million.I read that they don't make estimates anymore.

Do you have a link handy?

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Police and the Parks service estimate 1.2 - 1.5 million.

That's seems about right if you compare the above pic to this chart...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-01-19-crowd_N.htm
That's impressive. Nearly inaugural numbers...What was that? Two million?

I'd be interested to see if the media finally finds it to be newsworthy.

Also, for those that didn't know, there were Tea Parties all over the nation today. Washington D.C. was probably the most attended but, it only accounts for a portion of those that demonstrated all over the country.

I read that Obama was leaving Washington for an event, somewhere, and flew over the crowd in Marine One on his way the Andrews AFB. I'd be interested in his impression, as well...

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 11:43 PM
I read that they don't make estimates anymore.

Do you have a link handy?
He did link the story...

Title:

Park service changes course, plans to offer crowd estimate

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Apologies...I didn't read the story.

From where did the 1.2-1.5 figure come, SnakeBoy?

Yonivore
09-12-2009, 11:51 PM
From the New York Times:

Thousands Rally in Capital to Protest Big Government (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/us/politics/13protestweb.html)

The demonstrators numbered well into the tens of thousands, though the police declined to estimate the size of the crowd. Many came on their own and were not part of an organization or group. But the magnitude of the rally took the authorities by surprise, with throngs of people streaming from the White House to Capitol Hill for more than three hours.

SnakeBoy
09-12-2009, 11:59 PM
From where did the 1.2-1.5 figure come, SnakeBoy?

Links on Malkin's site...
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/12/celebrating-the-912-rallies/

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 12:01 AM
From the Daily Mail Online:

Up to two million march to US Capitol to protest against Obama's spending in 'tea-party' demonstration (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1213056/Up-million-march-US-Capitol-protest-Obamas-spending-tea-party-demonstration.html)

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 12:04 AM
However big it was, it was bigger than expected.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Links on Malkin's site...
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/12/celebrating-the-912-rallies/So she got it from twitter. Where did that person get it from?

SnakeBoy
09-13-2009, 12:11 AM
So she got it from twitter. Where did that person get it from?

If you read it then you know it doesn't say. Therefore, it is more reliable than the msm numbers of 60-70k or 10's of thousands. Look at the pictures, it's not rocket science.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Since it doesn't say what the source is, it is automatically more reliable?

:lol

I am not questioning any estimate. Unclench.

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 12:18 AM

I suspect, since it's obviously becoming an issue...some official body will release an estimate.

We'll see...

But, as I said before, the crowd was obviously bigger than expected.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2009, 12:18 AM
It's an issue to you guys, that's for sure. I just wanted to know from where all these numbers came.

SnakeBoy
09-13-2009, 12:24 AM

I assumed you were doing your usual thing. I doesn't make a difference to me, I'm not a tea party/beck follower. From the pics though I think the 1 million+ estimate looks right.

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 12:24 AM
It's an issue to you guys, that's for sure. I just wanted to know from where all these numbers came.
Meh, size matters.

balli
09-13-2009, 12:42 AM
lol

ABC News Was Misquoted on Crowd Size
ABC News Reported D.C. Rally Size in Tens of Thousands, Not 1M to 1.5M as Activist Said.

Conservative activists, who organized a march on the U.S. Capitol today in protest of the Obama administration's health care agenda and government spending, erroneously attributed reports on the size of the crowds to ABC News.

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance.

At no time did ABC News, or its affiliates, report a number anywhere near as large. ABCNews.com reported an approximate figure of 60,000 to 70,000 protesters, attributed to the Washington, D.C., fire department. In its reports, ABC News Radio described the crowd as "tens of thousands."

Brendan Steinhauser, spokesman for FreedomWorks, said he did not know why Kibbe cited ABC News as a source.

As a result of Kibbe's erroneous attribution, several bloggers and commenters repeated the misinformation. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/protest-crowd-size-estimate-falsely-attributed-abc-news/story?id=8558055

DMX7
09-13-2009, 12:45 AM
The Million Moron March. Did they have have their iPods handy so they could listen to their Glenn Beck Podcast?

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 01:04 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L6pDyjqqsvY/SqyGWkGxANI/AAAAAAAAd2A/vDiYIDEoEro/s1600/dc%2Bmarch.jpg
That's a bunch.

Judging from the graphic SnakeBoy linked (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-01-19-crowd_N.htm)...it's going to be over a million.

Nbadan
09-13-2009, 01:41 AM
I'd say that's closer to the 'tens of thousands' figure annouced earlier by FAUX...

boutons_deux
09-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Where were these Becktards when dubya was running up deficit, while cutting $1T in taxes to the super-wealthy?

Where were these Becktards as dubya's feds deputized 25K local law enforcement to spy on Americans? "taking over" local policing functions.

Where were these Becktards when dubya was giving away $50B to health care industry under Medicare Advantage so it could compete with cheaper, more efficient govt Medicare? (Medicare Advantage is still 12% more expensive that govt Medicare)

Where were these Becktards when dubya allowed US multinationals to repatriate $300B in profits at 5% tax rate?

iow, Becktards are Astroturf shills.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 07:34 AM
who cares how many people were there? It's not like any of these people voted for Obama nor will they ever. They are like those on this board, butthurt and immature.

Wild Cobra
09-13-2009, 10:34 AM
I assumed you were doing your usual thing. I doesn't make a difference to me, I'm not a tea party/beck follower. From the pics though I think the 1 million+ estimate looks right.
I agree. By the picture of 14th and E, and the park services article, at least a cool million, it looks like about 60,000. That's just what you can see of the march. I remember seeing a packed mall. Far more than the 60,000. Hell, I think nobody can disagree with over 600,000. That's a cool 0.2% of the population. If the democrats in congress ignores this message, they really do need to be voted out.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 10:46 AM
I agree. By the picture of 14th and E, and the park services article, at least a cool million. Hell, I think nobody can disagree with over 600,000. That's a cool 0.2% of the population. If the democrats in congress ignores this message, they really do need to be voted out.

what about the 99.08%? I say ignore the message because none of these people voted for obama anyway. It's the sore losers showing up and complaining..so I guess you want the dems to listen to people who didn't vote for them..:lmao

Wild Cobra
09-13-2009, 10:52 AM
what about the 99.08%? I say ignore the message because none of these people voted for obama anyway. It's the sore losers showing up and complaining..so I guess you want the dems to listen to people who didn't vote for them..:lmao
Normally, when someone takes the time to do something, you can figure another 1,000 people feel the same. If there were 1,000, for even just 60,000, then that's 60 million people! If there were 600,000 people, that really shows people were motivated, to break the nominal 1 in a thousand.

balli
09-13-2009, 10:56 AM
600,000 people? GMAFB. Again:

ABCNews.com reported an approximate figure of 60,000 to 70,000 protesters, attributed to the Washington, D.C., fire department. In its reports, ABC News Radio described the crowd as "tens of thousands."

And they're not people anyway. They're slime sucking morons, and racist trash. Fuck any politician listening to this crowd of shitheads.

Shastafarian
09-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Normally, when someone takes the time to do something, you can figure another 1,000 people feel the same. If there were 1,000, for even just 60,000, then that's 60 million people! If there were 600,000 people, that really shows people were motivated, to break the nominal 1 in a thousand.

Do you just pick numbers at random? Or is there a method to your bullshit? But wait, this means that 60,000,000,000 people would've voted for Obama! Yeaaaaaaaaah math!

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I'd say that's closer to the 'tens of thousands' figure annouced earlier by FAUX...
I would disagree if the graphic SnakeBoy linked (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-01-19-crowd_N.htm) to at USA Today is an accurate representation of how crowd sizes are calculated on the Washington Mall.

Wild Cobra
09-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Do you just pick numbers at random? Or is there a method to your bullshit? But wait, this means that 60,000,000,000 people would've voted for Obama! Yeaaaaaaaaah math!
There you go again, showing your utter stupidity.

I said it broke the nominal 1 in a thousand. To break something does not necessarily mean to exceed it. I was talking in general rules, it broke the rule. Please, get educated a little. Stop being a libtard.

Look at this photo:

http://www.eclecticelectronics.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/barack-obama-inauguration-crowd-500x333.jpg

Now this from the Parks Services article:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/Project9122009TeaPartyProtest.jpg

The statue is in front of the capitol and the crowd goes all the way back to
the Washington Monument, probably beyond. If we go by the pic in the Parks
Services article, it's at least 1,186,000 people. Now since we conservatives
don't push and pack like lemming libtards, I'll agree it's probably only about
600,000 people.

Shastafarian
09-13-2009, 11:24 AM
There you go again, showing your utter stupidity.So far so good. You didn't make up any statistics yet.

I said it broke the nominal 1 in a thousand.The nominal 1 in a thousand you just made up.

To break something does not necessarily mean to exceed it.Exceeding something you pulled out of thin air.

I was talking in general rules,Imaginary rules

it broke the rule.Fake rule.

Please, get educated a little.Please, stop making shit up.

Stop being a libtard.Stop making shit up and passing it off as fact.

Look at this photo:

http://www.eclecticelectronics.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/barack-obama-inauguration-crowd-500x333.jpg

Now this from the Parks Services article:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/Project9122009TeaPartyProtest.jpg

The statue is in front of the capitol and the crowd goes all the way back to
the Washington Monument, probably beyond. If we go by the pic in the Parks
Services article, it's at least 1,186,000 people. Now since we conservatives
don't push and pack like lemming libtards, I'll agree it's probably only about
600,000 people.I never questioned the amount of people there. If you think I did then you completely missed the point.

Wild Cobra
09-13-2009, 11:28 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L6pDyjqqsvY/SqyGWkGxANI/AAAAAAAAd2A/vDiYIDEoEro/s1600/dc%2Bmarch.jpg
That's a bunch.

Judging from the graphic SnakeBoy linked (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-01-19-crowd_N.htm)...it's going to be over a million.
If packed like the article says, at least 1,000,000 people! I guess we have to subtract the 240,000 area. Still, the 946,000 plus the overflow on the side streets and around the Washington Monument... Easily a million plus!

hope4dopes
09-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah I know that we are having two local tea parties this weekend as well. It's really exciting to see this huge crowd, it's really inspiring to see the citizens organizing themselves. if these weseals Obama and Soros have done anything, we owe them a debt of gratitude,in getting the idea driven home to americans that they need to be active in politics.It seems to be a movement that is growing at a very impressive pace.
I think there will be a real shift in congress in 2010, I've heard though that ACORN will be trying to buy votes for the democrats by passing out underage Salvadorian hookers in back alleys.

Shastafarian
09-13-2009, 11:31 AM
I've heard though that ACORN will be trying to buy votes for the democrats by passing out underage Salvadorian hookers in back alleys.

Imaginary underage Salvadorian hookers?

Stringer_Bell
09-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I like how many 9/11 truthers, Anti-Federal Reserve, and Anti-war hippies get mixed up in events like this as the media portrays them as coming out of the woodwork against Obama. Fox News folk were claiming the other day that the outrage is the result of how unbearable the government has "become" to some people, but the crazies have been coming out for years without media cameras recording their protests.

One man's conspiracy theorist is another man's educated citizen, eh?

boutons_deux
09-13-2009, 11:34 AM
The Million Moron Becktards don't have enough $$ to buy enough Congress bastards to achieve their red herring/strawman objectives.

Wild Cobra
09-13-2009, 11:35 AM
The nominal 1 in a thousand you just made up.

The nominal 1 in a thousand is a long standing accepted statistic throughout our history. Example, For every one person who takes the time for an action like writing his congressman, it is accepted there are about a thousand who feel the same. Considering this was a planned event, the one in a thousand probably doesn't apply anyway.

Grow up and stop crying about your erroneous 60 billion.

hope4dopes
09-13-2009, 11:38 AM

Denial will only take you so far eventually you wake up in the gutter with vomit all over you and no wallet,but I guess you'll have to hit rock bottom first..... Somehow I just don't think the American people are going to buy it, I think they don't want there tax dollars going to some pimp daddy in DC no more.It just keeps getting worse and worse huh.

Shastafarian
09-13-2009, 11:42 AM
The nominal 1 in a thousand is a long standing accepted statistic throughout our history. Example, For every one person who takes the time for an action like writing his congressman, it is accepted there are about a thousand who feel the same. Considering this was a planned event, the one in a thousand probably doesn't apply anyway. I have never heard this and think you're just making shit up as usual.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Again none of these people voted for Obama or the dems so why do they have to listen to them? Did bush listen to the anti war protestors?

hope4dopes
09-13-2009, 11:44 AM
The Million Moron Becktards don't have enough $$ to buy enough Congress bastards to achieve their red herring/strawman objectives.

Yeah if they could only get a legitamate face to put on it like farrahkans, they might be able to get off the ground.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Denial will only take you so far eventually you wake up in the gutter with vomit all over you and no wallet,but I guess you'll have to hit rock bottom first..... Somehow I just don't think the American people are going to buy it, I think they don't want there tax dollars going to some pimp daddy in DC no more.It just keeps getting worse and worse huh.

Only the fox news crowd cares about it..

Shastafarian
09-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Denial will only take you so far Denial of imaginary underage Salvadorian hookers? Were there real underage hookers?
eventually you wake up in the gutter with vomit all over you and no wallet,From experience I take it

but I guess you'll have to hit rock bottom first.....like backing a party that has no power in the current government?

Somehow I just don't think the American people are going to buy it,What are they not buying?

I think they don't want there tax dollars going to some pimp daddy in DC no more.An imaginary pimp daddy? And it's "their" btw.

It just keeps getting worse and worse huh.For who? Last I checked the democrats still controlled the House, Senate, and White House.

Wild Cobra
09-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I have never heard this and think you're just making shit up as usual.
Prove me wrong then, or shut up.

Shastafarian
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Prove me wrong then, of shut up.

I can't prove a negative.

hope4dopes
09-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Again none of these people voted for Obama or the dems so why do they have to listen to them? Did bush listen to the anti war protestors?

I love the fantsay "Bush's" war....how many democrats voted to go to that war and how many voted to funded it . I forget let's go ask your boy I think he voted to fund it like 4 times.

I sincerly hope Obama doesn't listen.....until he drives this movement up into much larger numbers, until it's to late for him and, he winds up getting his, and his supporters dellusional asses thrown out of office.

jman3000
09-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I'd say .5 mil isn't outta the question. Most likely not over a million though.

I can only imagine how many shirts there were with flags and eagles all over it. Like some kind of patriotic pissing contest.

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 12:01 PM
He didn't say Democrats were smart. After all, they'll they'll help you cheat on your taxes over imaginary underage Salvadoran hookers.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I love the fantsay "Bush's" war....how many democrats voted to go to that war and how many voted to funded it . I forget let's go ask your boy I think he voted to fund it like 4 times.

I sincerly hope Obama doesn't listen.....until he drives this movement up into much larger numbers, until it's to late for him and, he winds up getting his, and his supporters dellusional asses thrown out of office.

I love hypocrites..and the notion the the democrats made the decsion to go to war.. who made the decision to war?

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I love hypocrites..and the notion the the democrats made the decsion to go to war.. who made the decision to war?
The AUMF in Iraq and whatever the legislation was that authorized the invasion of Afghanistan (AUMF in Afghanistan, maybe?) were both, overwhelmingly, bi-partisan.

antimvp
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
The Million Moron March. Did they have have their iPods handy so they could listen to their Glenn Beck Podcast?

antimvp
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Its amazing how the health insurance lobby has been able to dupe so many people.

The Million Moron March is about the best way to describe this bullshit.

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Its amazing how the health insurance lobby has been able to dupe so many people.

The Million Moron March is about the best way to describe this bullshit.
Nah, it's not the best way. I could be that Americans are rejecting ObamaCare on the grounds so succinctly stated by Senator Dianne Feinstein. We can't afford it.

But, if it helps to blame Big Corporate Boogeymen...have at it. Personally, I haven't been solicited by any insurance companies and I've opposed this fiasco from the beginning.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2009, 03:29 PM
The AUMF in Iraq and whatever the legislation was that authorized the invasion of Afghanistan (AUMF in Afghanistan, maybe?) were both, overwhelmingly, bi-partisan.That wasn't the question.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Nah, it's not the best way. I could be that Americans are rejecting ObamaCare on the grounds so succinctly stated by Senator Dianne Feinstein. We can't afford it.

But, if it helps to blame Big Corporate Boogeymen...have at it. Personally, I haven't been solicited by any insurance companies and I've opposed this fiasco from the beginning.

don't lump in the majority of americans with those townhall mobsters..why don't you man up and admit those protesting did not, or will never vote, for Obama and the dems. The right wing is rejecting obamacare and acting butt hurt at the majority of Americans who rejected the GOP brand of politics.. The 08 Nov electoion was the voice of America not some right wing march..

antimvp
09-13-2009, 03:36 PM

You have been told over and over again that this is bad for the country(even though its only bad for health insurance companies). And can't honestly make up your own mind anymore, thanks to the dipshits at Fox and Rush Druggedbaugh.

The PR machine has got a hold of you and you don't even know it.

fucking retard.

antimvp
09-13-2009, 03:38 PM
You have been told over and over again that this is bad for the country(even though its only bad for health insurance companies). And can't honestly make up your own mind anymore, thanks to the dipshits at Fox and Rush Druggedbaugh.

fucking retard.

not to mention a fucking lemming.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 03:38 PM

fucking retard.

No YOU don't get it. The townhall mobsters/tea party match on Washington (by those who didn't nor ever will vote for Obama) is real America..:lmao

antimvp
09-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey, shityore why don't we try universal healthcare first. If doesn't work I am sure the American people will change it........what are you afraid of?

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 03:40 PM
I guess we can sum up the DC march by stating it was people who didn't, nor will never, vote for Obama and the dems. Yoni and the other dead enders are telling us that we need to listen to the sore losers who got their a$$es kicked last November...

antimvp
09-13-2009, 03:41 PM
very good points GGA

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
don't lump in the majority of americans with those townhall mobsters..why don't you man up and admit those protesting did not, or will never vote, for Obama and the dems. The right wing is rejecting obamacare and acting butt hurt at the majority of Americans who rejected the GOP brand of politics.. The 08 Nov electoion was the voice of America not some right wing march..
The numbers that showed up at the Washington Mall are statistically significant. As hard as they tried

Also, the protest wasn't just about Obama. It was about government spending and deficits.

I read a blog that reported CNN ran around trying to find people who had been paid (a la SEIU/ACORN packing of rallies) and couldn't. They seemed frustrated they couldn't (admittedly, a characterization made by the blogger). However, the vast majority claimed they weren't organized to attend but did so spontaneously. The vast majority of the signs were hand made, unlike what you see at SEIU/ACORN/MOVEON.ORG events.

You can continue to discount what is happening but, you do so at the risk of your own credibility on the issue.

I think some Democrats are seeing the light...Dianne Feinstein and the Washington Post editorial being two prominent examples, today.

It is true the debate isn't over but, I'm not conceding any ground and you can count on me continuing to cheerlead my side of the argument.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Also, the protest wasn't just about Obama. It was about government spending and deficits.Where were they all the other years the US ran a deficit?

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Where were they all the other years the US ran a deficit?
They started forming after Bush signed the bail out. And, none of the deficits even approach what Obama has done in just 8 months.

Trillions instead of billions will move a lot of people to action.

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey, shityore why don't we try universal healthcare first. If doesn't work I am sure the American people will change it........what are you afraid of?
Have you ever known the federal government to end an entitlement?

ChumpDumper
09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
They started forming after Bush signed the bail out. And, none of the deficits even approach what Obama has done in just 8 months.

Trillions instead of billions will move a lot of people to action.So they are actually OK with deficits -- Republican deficits.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 04:25 PM
So they are actually OK with deficits -- Republican deficits.

No Chump they were getting together during that time..:lmao

hope4dopes
09-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Where were they all the other years the US ran a deficit? quadrupeling the deficit is a llitle different, you guys aren't selling this shit to anyone, the tea parties aren't getting smaller they're getting biggggggggggger.

jman3000
09-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Trillions instead of billions will move a lot of people to action.

Bush left a 1.1 trillion dollar deficit his last fiscal year. Obama has made that 1.4 or 1.5 as of now with one more month to go in the fiscal quarter.

jman3000
09-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Too much ad hominem going around. Anytime you see somebody trying to bust out unclever play on names, they're just being a tard.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 04:31 PM
quadrupeling the deficit is a llitle different, you guys aren't selling this shit to anyone, the tea parties aren't getting smaller they're getting biggggggggggger.

so GOP deficits are the better deficits.. another round of tea parties? I hope so because those morons make me laugh..:lmao

ChumpDumper
09-13-2009, 04:33 PM
quadrupeling the deficit is a llitle differentSo any increase that came before was great and proper and not worthy of protest.
you guys aren't selling this shit to anyoneI'm not selling anything to anybody.
the tea parties aren't getting smaller they're getting biggggggggggger.So did deficits under Republicans -- but not a peep out of you.

Hypocrite.

Shastafarian
09-13-2009, 04:48 PM
The numbers that showed up at the Washington Mall are statistically significant.You don't mean statistically.

George Gervin's Afro
09-13-2009, 04:58 PM
You don't mean statistically.

yes. .0033333333333333% of the population is a mandate!

Winehole23
09-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Yoni just meant it was a big number. What the number itself means, apart form the pseudo-controversy over how large it is, is totally up for grabs.

Shastafarian
09-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Yoni just meant it was a big number.
I know what he meant. That's why I corrected him.

boutons_deux
09-13-2009, 05:47 PM
America's laws and regulations aren't made in the streets (unless USA wants to become even more like France)

America's laws and regulations aren't made in Congress.

America's laws and regulations are made by lobbyists, who often write the texts, and certainly stuff Congre$$ional pockets.

spursncowboys
09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
The 912 tea baggers are a bunch of paid organizers. Someone from their community organized it. Then this "community organizer" put ads in the paper for people to help. None of these people took time out of their weekend to drive to DC and protest. None of these people have a personal stake involved in it. They are just a bunch of mob members who are paid by other people. Also they are racist!! It is all about the President being black that you are protesting. Can't you all realize that this will be like medicaid. We all know how well medicaid works. We will have medicaid forever. And all this addition to our medical system will cost us nothing as a country. The medicaid will magically be funded forever as well as Obamacare. Don't you tea baggers realize, it is government-HELP not government fund. It is because the government wants to help us. All they ask is a few less rights. Thats all. When will you racist, poor hating, sexist, red necks realize what's going on. People on MSNBC tell me all the time that they are more knowledgable than us regular people.

jman3000
09-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh man. Your clever sarcasm has surely won the day. Congrats.

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Bush left a 1.1 trillion dollar deficit his last fiscal year. Obama has made that 1.4 or 1.5 as of now with one more month to go in the fiscal quarter.
You're confusing deficit with debt, Bush left a 400 billion dollar one last year. Obama could have turned that around -- and still can -- by not spending the leftover stimulus. But, it's understandable your confused, Obama has made our annual deficits look like our national debt.

antimvp
09-13-2009, 11:29 PM
so GOP deficits are the better deficits.. another round of tea parties? I hope so because those morons make me laugh..:lmao

what is so amazing is Obama, because he had to do something to fix the clusterfuck left by the Bushies, had to wait a few months for this health care thing....the biggest reason why people voted for him.

The retards on the right created this bullshit, Obama is really just trying to fix it......and it will take government spending to fix it.

If your taxes HAVE NOT gone up. why are you people bitching anyway......

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 11:35 PM
what is so amazing is Obama, because he had to do something to fix the clusterfuck left by the Bushies, had to wait a few months for this health care thing....the biggest reason why people voted for him.

The retards on the right created this bullshit, Obama is really just trying to fix it......and it will take government spending to fix it.

If your taxes HAVE NOT gone up. why are you people bitching anyway......
If I'm not mistaken, Senator Obama voted in favor of the very bill that created a deficit in the Bush administration. He must have thought the measure was warranted.

He's also voted for other massive spending bills and has signed into law bills creating the single largest annual deficit of any administation in history -- I think I even heard it was larger than the combination of all previous annual deficits created in any fiscal year.

jman3000
09-13-2009, 11:44 PM
You're confusing deficit with debt, Bush left a 400 billion dollar one last year. Obama could have turned that around -- and still can -- by not spending the leftover stimulus. But, it's understandable your confused, Obama has made our annual deficits look like our national debt.

400 billion in fiscal year 2008. TARP wasn't applied until Fiscal year 2009 which began in early October of 2008. Bush held reign for the first fiscal quarter of 2009.

I do agree though that the stimulus should be looked at again and the vast majority of the left over projects that don't involve construction should be taken out.

Yonivore
09-13-2009, 11:46 PM
400 billion in fiscal year 2008. TARP wasn't applied until Fiscal year 2009 which began in early October of 2008. Bush held reign for the first fiscal quarter of 2009.

I do agree though that the stimulus should be looked at again and the vast majority of the left over projects that don't involve construction should be taken out.
Obama voted for TARP as a Senator, no?

jman3000
09-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Your point being?

No matter who won the presidency we'd have had record deficits. McCain would be sitting on at least a 1.2 or 1.3 trillion. He would have frozen government spending, but it's just a guessing game deciding if that would have done more harm than good.

If McCain had won you'd probably just be defending him and the libs on the board would be doing the same thing you're doing now; bitching and moaning.

jman3000
09-13-2009, 11:53 PM
My thinking on this is that Obama should get all the "waste and abuse" out of Medicare now, cut the majority of the excess stimulus, and start announcing an exit strategy for the banks and auto industries.

If he did that his tackling of health care reform would be significantly easier. He really did do a blitzkrieg right outta the gates and it's a bit much for a populous to comprehend when the economy is doing to poorly.

jman3000
09-13-2009, 11:56 PM
I wonder how much the taxing and regulation of marijuana would be able to bring in?

The government needs to find acceptable ways of creating new streams of revenue and I'd reckon the 50 million or so (more?) weed smokers would be an acceptable target.

Yonivore
09-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Your point being?
Obama is as responsible as anyone for the deficit.

No matter who won the presidency we'd have had record deficits. McCain would be sitting on at least a 1.2 or 1.3 trillion. He would have frozen government spending, but it's just a guessing game deciding if that would have done more harm than good.
I don't think he would have sought the $787 Billion Stimulus package on top of the already crushing debt.

If McCain had won you'd probably just be defending him and the libs on the board would be doing the same thing you're doing now; bitching and moaning.
I don't know, maybe. I didn't defend President Bush's decision to sign the bail out legislation and I didn't defend TARP. Both were bad ideas. So was the Stimulus and the Auto bailouts.

The fact remains, our current president was in favor of all those.

jman3000
09-14-2009, 12:06 AM
If McCain had let GM and Chrysler fall and let them liquidate, and during liquidation some Chinese company swooped in and bought all the assets how would you feel about that?

That's 100x a more likely scenario than some enterprising entrepreneur (slaughtered that probably) buying the liquidated assets and turning things around.

Yonivore
09-14-2009, 12:14 AM
If McCain had let GM and Chrysler fall and let them liquidate, and during liquidation some Chinese company swooped in and bought all the assets how would you feel about that?
Well, that's what happens when you run a crappy company that can't build a profitable product. I don't completely blame the car companies though...federal regulations have pretty much hamstrung them in to compromising quality and performance over compliance with CAFE and other crap for a couple of decades now.

Nonetheless, Ford was able to survive the nonsense.

If I had wanted my dollars to go to GM or Chrysler, I would go buy one of their cars.

That's 100x a more likely scenario than some enterprising entrepreneur (slaughtered that probably) buying the liquidated assets and turning things around.
Oh well. Would they have employed Americans or shipped in tens of thousands of Chinese to run their new assets?

antimvp
09-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Obama voted for TARP as a Senator, no?

......so did mccain......so if you vote for the tarp were really a liberal?conservative?...........or paid off politician?

antimvp
09-14-2009, 06:06 AM
and your right every elected politician running for pres.....voted for tarp1...........................except Ron Paul, and Dennis Kucinich.

antimvp
09-14-2009, 06:06 AM
..........fancy that.

101A
09-14-2009, 08:12 AM
The 912 tea baggers are a bunch of paid organizers. Someone from their community organized it. Then this "community organizer" put ads in the paper for people to help. None of these people took time out of their weekend to drive to DC and protest. None of these people have a personal stake involved in it. They are just a bunch of mob members who are paid by other people. Also they are racist!! It is all about the President being black that you are protesting. Can't you all realize that this will be like medicaid. We all know how well medicaid works. We will have medicaid forever. And all this addition to our medical system will cost us nothing as a country. The medicaid will magically be funded forever as well as Obamacare. Don't you tea baggers realize, it is government-HELP not government fund. It is because the government wants to help us. All they ask is a few less rights. Thats all. When will you racist, poor hating, sexist, red necks realize what's going on. People on MSNBC tell me all the time that they are more knowledgable than us regular people.

My mom heard about.

She debated going.

Then she decided about 3 weeks ago she was going to; called a friend who decided to join her. They bought tickets to DC from San Antonio, rented a hotel room; and attended the march on Saturday.

She was not paid; and made the decision to go all on her own.

You are utterly full of crap.

Also, she spoke to a policeman in the middle of the day; he said that he was just told there were nearly 2 million. She said that the pictures don't caputure HOW many people there were everywhere; DC was having to shut streets right and left - the likened it to trying to photograph, and capture, the Grand Canyon; can't be done.

Winehole23
09-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Pretty sure spursncowboys was being sarcastic. I can't be sure, since there were no smilies. But the stuff about free Medicare, magical funding, less rights and accepting dictation from MSNBC were a giveaway for me.

Oh, Gee!!
09-14-2009, 09:07 AM
it was probably 400K

101A
09-14-2009, 09:48 AM
it was probably 400K

Tops, you're probaby right - looking at things rationally.

Otherwise, if the number was anything in the seven figures, NO WAY Mom could have done the following three weeks out:

Then she decided about 3 weeks ago she was going to; called a friend who decided to join her. They bought tickets to DC from San Antonio, rented a hotel room; and attended the march on Saturday.

fyatuk
09-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Just because you brought it up in such an adamant generality...

Several of my friends were at the Tea Party in Washington. They all voted for Obama.

The nov 08 election was the voice of Americans telling the Republicans they fucked up, not the endorsement of the liberal agenda, especially this fascist idea.

NoOptionB
09-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I wonder how much the taxing and regulation of marijuana would be able to bring in?

The government needs to find acceptable ways of creating new streams of revenue and I'd reckon the 50 million or so (more?) weed smokers would be an acceptable target.

So Government can have another excuse to increase spending?

While I support the legalizing of marijuana, the tax argument is a weak attempt to garner in more support from the Cash is King crowd.

Obama has already told us all he is less interested in increasing Tax Revenue and more so with taxing the uber wealthy for social justice.

i.e., captail gains tax

George Gervin's Afro
09-14-2009, 10:59 AM
So Government can have another excuse to increase spending?

While I support the legalizing of marijuana, the tax argument is a weak attempt to garner in more support from the Cash is King crowd.

Obama has already told us all he is less interested in increasing Tax Revenue and more so with taxing the uber wealthy for social justice.

i.e., captail gains tax

When did he say was interested in social justice?

Winehole23
09-14-2009, 11:04 AM
When did he say was interested in social justice?When he quoted Ted Kennedy in his speech the other night. Obama's support of a Medicaid-like public option seems to me to be based directly on a platform of social justice. Does it not to you?

NoOptionB
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
When did he say was interested in social justice?

What other purpose does "Redistribution of Wealth" serve?

The ones the politicians would actually admit to...

Winehole23
09-14-2009, 11:20 AM
What other purpose does "Redistribution of Wealth" serve?War, corporate bailouts, subsidies to special interests, foreign aid, block grants to states...a very long list of things.

ChumpDumper
09-14-2009, 01:56 PM
so did yall ever figure out that those crowd photos were phony?:lol

Propaganda!

Yonivore
09-14-2009, 09:57 PM

Propaganda!
Could of been but, it was stupid to think it would take more than a few hours to discover it was false.

ChumpDumper
09-15-2009, 02:12 AM
OK....

Stupid propaganda!

Spawn
09-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Unless you are planning to overthrow the govt. in violent revolution, gathering at the nation's capital is nothing more than a huge picnic. Absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Unless you are planning to overthrow the govt. in violent revolution, gathering at the nation's capital is nothing more than a huge picnic. Absolutely no purpose whatsoever.It attracts the media megaphone.

DarrinS
09-15-2009, 08:14 AM
One side tries to downplay the size of the crowd, the other side tries to exaggerate the size of the crowd. Who cares. Just watch a video of the event and judge for yourself.

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 08:25 AM
70,000 people is not a small number.