PDA

View Full Version : New Year, Same Texans

monosylab1k
09-13-2009, 03:01 PM
So they start horribly, go something like 2-6, then "finish strong" at 7-9 or 8-8, every idiot in American predicts they'll be good next year, rinse, repeat.

Obstructed_View
09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
All those empty seats at Reliant looked really clear in HD.

LOL texans
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
The overrating of this team by their own fans is phenomenal.

kamikazi_player
09-13-2009, 03:46 PM
don't expect them to finish strong at the end of the season. They are going to be 4th in the division with the record of 5-11

LOL texans
09-13-2009, 03:50 PM
don't expect them to finish strong at the end of the season. They are going to be 4th in the division with the record of 5-11

They better hope so, so they can get a high draft pick and actually draft a QB better than Shaub.....

Tebow FTW!

Dr. Gonzo
09-13-2009, 08:15 PM
The overrating of this team by their own fans is phenomenal.

Most fans and non-fans alike. I never overrated them. I still say they are a 9-7 possible 10-6 team. There is no reason to believe otherwise from one game. They simply ran into an unexpectedly good defense and they couldn't do shit to stop Sanchez. They will make adjustements'

EricB
09-13-2009, 09:12 PM
They better hope so, so they can get a high draft pick and actually draft a QB better than Shaub.....

Tebow FTW!

lol at you thinking Tebow would be a good NFL quarterback.

EricB
09-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Its one week.

:lol at people thinking 1 game makes a season.

BSofA04
09-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Was this thread necessary? There's a Texans thread already started.

ATRAIN
09-14-2009, 02:10 PM
LOL the Texans hate amuses me. Im actually pretty sure most of these threads are directed towards me.

bostonguy
09-14-2009, 04:02 PM
I felt the Texans would be a wildcard contender at best. I just can't pick them over Indy for the division this year.

dougp
09-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Most fans and non-fans alike. I never overrated them. I still say they are a 9-7 possible 10-6 team. There is no reason to believe otherwise from one game. They simply ran into an unexpectedly good defense and they couldn't do shit to stop Sanchez. They will make adjustements'

Are you retarded, or just plain stupid, boy?

I understand the "ran into an unexpectedly good defense" comment, because, well - the Texans have a pretty potent offense. But to say they will make adjustments defensively is downright idiotic. They have no defense - there's no adjustments to be made. This team is going to live and die by its offense, period.

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Are you retarded, or just plain stupid, boy?

I understand the "ran into an unexpectedly good defense" comment, because, well - the Texans have a pretty potent offense. But to say they will make adjustments defensively is downright idiotic. They have no defense - there's no adjustments to be made. This team is going to live and die by its offense, period.

Why is it idiotic to think the ROOKIE DBs that got burned will make adjustments to their game and not get burned on deep passes? I agree they have no defense but to think they won't somehow adjust their defense and play a little better is idiotic. I'm not saying they are going to have a great, good or even above average defense. I'm saying that they might just do enough to have an average defense. And that's all they might need to get a wild card birth.

dougp
09-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Why is it idiotic to think the ROOKIE DBs that got burned will make adjustments to their game and not get burned on deep passes? I agree they have no defense but to think they won't somehow adjust their defense and play a little better is idiotic. I'm not saying they are going to have a great, good or even above average defense. I'm saying that they might just do enough to have an average defense. And that's all they might need to get a wild card birth.

Because the adjustments aren't always just in the players - it's in the coaching, and the Texans coaching staff got schooled badly yesterday. So yes, it is idiotic. Let's see what the Texans do the next game, but I doubt it's going to be much better - or even a few more games down the line.

Extra Stout
09-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Anybody who was paying attention knew coming out of prseason that the Texans' defense was not very good, especially against the run, that the offensive line was a question mark, and that Matt Schaub was still a china doll.

What we learned yesterday is that the defense sucks against the pass too. They made a rookie QB in his first game look kind of like Peyton Manning.

We also learned that the offensive line is not a question mark. It is the exclamation point at the end of SUCK!

It is only a matter of time until Schaub gets hurt.

Same old Texans.

benefactor
09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
The coaches most certainly get the blame for this one. There were ZERO adjustments to the blitz. I'm not sure what to think of our O-Line. Something that was supposed to be improved suddenly looks like a big concern. If it doesn't get better, then the OP is right...it's gonna be the same ole Texans.

The defense actually played much better than expected. As bad as they looked during the preseason stopping the run I expected much worse. They were actually very good with the exception of a couple of big plays. They had many plays wherer they brought down backs at the line of scrimmage and in the backfield. Despite what some say, the secondary was also serviceable. They weren't great but they weren't terrible either. It doesn't help that the defense as a whole spent almost 40 minutes on the field.

All in all it was indeed a disappointing start. The next couple of weeks will determine whether or not I start looking forward to basketball.

benefactor
09-14-2009, 05:20 PM
All those empty seats at Reliant looked really clear in HD.
Do they?

ATTENDANCE: 70,718
http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290913034

Death In June
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
The Texans are great running joke in the NFL. I don't even see how they have a fanbase. Are there even any real fans? Or is that football is great spectator sport, so people show up to games.

Dr. Gonzo
09-15-2009, 11:38 AM
The Texans are great running joke in the NFL. I don't even see how they have a fanbase. Are there even any real fans? Or is that football is great spectator sport, so people show up to games.

I'm a real fan. I've been one since the day they announced Houston was getting another team.

And everybody knows the Raiders are the running joke in the NFL. The Texans are like the retarded kid that everybody laughs at but deep down feel sorry for.

benefactor
09-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm a real fan. I've been one since the day they announced Houston was getting another team.

And everybody knows the Raiders are the running joke in the NFL. The Texans are like the retarded kid that everybody laughs at but deep down feel sorry for.
Wow...excellent comparison. I will have to remember that. :tu

LOL texans
09-15-2009, 12:59 PM

This is true, except for the feeling sorry for.

If the Raiders are the running joke, the Lions have got to be THE JOKE in the NFL. At least the Raiders have some good tradition and legacy in their past and have made a mark in this league. The Lions haven't done shit, neither have the texans, but give them some more time.

benefactor
11-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Same ole retarded kid.

badfish22
11-24-2009, 12:07 AM
lmmfao @ Texans

LOL texans
11-24-2009, 12:13 AM
lol texans

Go For Tree
11-24-2009, 12:09 PM
I just can't pick them over Indy for the division this year.

Really?