PDA

View Full Version : Watching WWE Breaking Point

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm watching WWE Breaking Point right now...it's absolutely insane...Orton/Cena I Quit match is crazy.

ManuTP9
09-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Cena still doing the same 5 moves?

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 09:19 PM
This is a fuckin battle..i quit match...using everything...it's been wild..

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 09:21 PM
ah..you can't bash Cena for doing that...that's the same thing Hogan and Bret Hart did...

ManuTP9
09-13-2009, 09:23 PM
best i quit match i seen was Rock vs Mankind , that was crazy ,very bloody.

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 09:30 PM
best i quit match i seen was Rock vs Mankind , that was crazy ,very bloody.
hell yeah it was...unfortunately, they have to keep it low on the blood. Was a great match though. Cena made Orton quit...great match...

Shaolin-Style
09-13-2009, 09:32 PM
CM Punk is the man though. That's why he closes the show. I'm not watching the ppv but if I had extra cash to I'd buy it to see his match vs the undertaker.

BRHornet45
09-13-2009, 09:40 PM
hell yeah it was...unfortunately, they have to keep it low on the blood. Was a great match though. Cena made Orton quit...great match...

son no surprise there ... the WWE refuses to allow Eminem to lose. pathetic.

I rarely watch pro wrestling anymore now days and trash "characters" like John Cena is the main reason why. Orton is light years ahead of him talent wise and is a true main eventer ...not a circus act like Cena. Then again ... money talks. All the little kids and trailer park trash love that white boy acting like hes Eminem!!!

Slydragon
09-13-2009, 09:53 PM

Why do they keep the blood flow low now? I don't follow WWE no more, so did something happen?

Leetonidas
09-13-2009, 09:54 PM
People actually watch this stuff still? You guys know it's fake right? Not trying to start a flame war, just sayin.

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Why do they keep the blood flow low now? I don't follow WWE no more, so did something happen?
yeah...FCC made a big deal about it for some reason..

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 10:04 PM
People actually watch this stuff still? You guys know it's fake right? Not trying to start a flame war, just sayin.
Dude..seriously..everyone says that..it's old now. You know that tv shows are fake right? You know movies are fake right? Yes..we know it's fake..it's called entertainment.

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 10:06 PM
son no surprise there ... the WWE refuses to allow Eminem to lose. pathetic.

I rarely watch pro wrestling anymore now days and trash "characters" like John Cena is the main reason why. Orton is light years ahead of him talent wise and is a true main eventer ...not a circus act like Cena. Then again ... money talks. All the little kids and trailer park trash love that white boy acting like hes Eminem!!!
Dude...lol...Cena's been losing like crazy lately in PPVs..and he doesn't rap anymore...that act is done. Orton's beaten Cena the last two times they've fought. Orton is phenomenal...yes...and a true main eventer...but his attitude is horrible...he's not a favorite in the locker room, and that can cost you.

BRHornet45
09-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Dude...lol...Cena's been losing like crazy lately in PPVs..and he doesn't rap anymore...that act is done. Orton's beaten Cena the last two times they've fought. Orton is phenomenal...yes...and a true main eventer...but his attitude is horrible...he's not a favorite in the locker room, and that can cost you.

son Orton has just as much "pull" in the locker room as Cena ... the WWE just recently offered Orton a 10 year contact extension. that is rare.

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 10:08 PM
CM Punk is the man though. That's why he closes the show. I'm not watching the ppv but if I had extra cash to I'd buy it to see his match vs the undertaker.
It was bad...they did the whole HBK/Bret Hart angle to screw Taker...lol. Taker locked in his finisher, which was banned by Smackdown a LONG time ago, and CM Punk tapped. Teddy Long came out and said it was banned, so the match had to continue. Punk attacked him, and put in his Anaconda Vice, and they rang the bell immediately without Taker even beginning to tap. The ref and punk ran out of the ring with the belt...it was bad..lol

Spursfan092120
09-13-2009, 10:09 PM
son Orton has just as much "pull" in the locker room as Cena ... the WWE just recently offered Orton a 10 year contact extension. that is rare.
pull..yes..absolutely...he's amazing. He just has a "main eventer" attitude...a lot of people in the back don't like him. Not hatin on Orton..I love Orton..dude is absolutely sick...just heard bad things.

Dr. Gonzo
09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
This is the only wrestling worth watching now.

NBaw2ckxhWU

Dr. Gonzo
09-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Mr. Pogo is the fucking man. I saw a match where he almost cut a dude's ear off with a sickle.

Dr. Gonzo
09-13-2009, 10:34 PM
3433Hq1kus8

Dr. Gonzo
09-13-2009, 10:34 PM
WWE is for pussies.

BRHornet45
09-13-2009, 10:54 PM
WWE is for pussies.

son ok we get it already ... you are SO unique and different.

Dr. Gonzo
09-13-2009, 10:56 PM
son ok we get it already ... you are SO unique and different.

Ok, son.

mavs>spurs2
09-13-2009, 11:54 PM
ah..you can't bash Cena for doing that...that's the same thing Hogan and Bret Hart did...

are you a dumbass? bret hart was probably the best technical wrestler ever in the WWE

Spursfan092120
09-14-2009, 12:17 AM
are you a dumbass? bret hart was probably the best technical wrestler ever in the WWE
here we go again..can't tell you how many times I hear this. Just because he's billed as the best technical wrestler ever doesn't mean he was. The guy did the same moves over and over again..just like Cena (who's actually one of my favorites), and Hogan. There's nothing wrong with it...because it's not the wrestling talent that puts a guy at the top of the business...it's the charisma, and Bret had a HELL of a lot of it.

Spursfan092120
09-14-2009, 12:27 AM
nutcase or not, this guy was the greatest technical wrestler in WWE history

XoadS0I-7jw

mavs>spurs2
09-14-2009, 02:20 AM
here we go again..can't tell you how many times I hear this. Just because he's billed as the best technical wrestler ever doesn't mean he was. The guy did the same moves over and over again..just like Cena (who's actually one of my favorites), and Hogan. There's nothing wrong with it...because it's not the wrestling talent that puts a guy at the top of the business...it's the charisma, and Bret had a HELL of a lot of it.

He didn't use the same moves over and over again. He used more moves than pretty much every other superstar, especially in today's WWE. He was so good at fake wrestling that he actually made it look crazy real. His Iron Man match with Shawn Michaels was the best match ever IMO.

mavs>spurs2
09-14-2009, 02:23 AM

XoadS0I-7jw

Funny how you say Bret wasn't a great technical wrestler but you cite Benoit who trained with the Hart family

Spursfan092120
09-14-2009, 02:52 AM
He didn't use the same moves over and over again. He used more moves than pretty much every other superstar, especially in today's WWE. He was so good at fake wrestling that he actually made it look crazy real. His Iron Man match with Shawn Michaels was the best match ever IMO.
Bret Hart, while one of the best entertainers of all time, used different variations of the same moves over and over again. Even all of his fellow wrestlers said the same things. When he tried to go out of his "comfort zone," he went a little stiff, and made some bad decisions. Shawn Michaels is one of those guys who felt it.

Dr. Gonzo
09-14-2009, 08:28 AM

XoadS0I-7jw

The matches he had with Dean Malenko in WCW were insane. Those were fantastic. I loved Chris Benoit and it's a shame what he did.

manufan10
09-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm watching WWE Breaking Point right now...it's absolutely insane...Orton/Cena I Quit match is crazy.

Man the beating Cena took from the Singapore cane was crazy! The best part was using Orton's arm during the STF to make him say, "I quit." That was awesome. Almost as good as when Beth Phoenix kicked Melina in the back of the head with Melina's own leg. :lol

When Cena cuffed Orton, and then got pissed off and flexed surprised the hell out of me. I knew he was big, but damn I didn't know he was that ripped.

manufan10
09-14-2009, 08:51 AM

You can throw in the Rock, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels in there as well. They use the same basic moves and setups for their moves. You want guys to use the moves they are most comfortable with, so using "only 5 moves" doesn't really bother me. As long as it looks good in the ring, that's all that is important.

Spursfan092120
09-14-2009, 01:12 PM
You can throw in the Rock, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels in there as well. They use the same basic moves and setups for their moves. You want guys to use the moves they are most comfortable with, so using "only 5 moves" doesn't really bother me. As long as it looks good in the ring, that's all that is important.
Exactly...mavs>spurs thought I was bashing Bret..no...it's normal to use only 5 moves...

Spursfan092120
09-14-2009, 01:13 PM
The matches he had with Dean Malenko in WCW were insane. Those were fantastic. I loved Chris Benoit and it's a shame what he did.
Definitely a huge shame..

Spursfan092120
09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Funny how you say Bret wasn't a great technical wrestler but you cite Benoit who trained with the Hart family
Yeah...pretty much. I'm not bashing Bret..maybe he had a lot of moves he knew...he just didn't use a lot of moves..and that's fine...there's nothing wrong with that when the moves you do use are spotless..and that was his situation.

mavs>spurs2
09-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah...pretty much. I'm not bashing Bret..maybe he had a lot of moves he knew...he just didn't use a lot of moves..and that's fine...there's nothing wrong with that when the moves you do use are spotless..and that was his situation.

He used a very wide array of moves in all of his big matches. I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Submissions, every variation of suplexes and body slams, going to the top rope, you name it. He was much more varietal and creative with moves in his matches than anyone in the WWE today.

anakha
09-15-2009, 10:37 AM
He used a very wide array of moves in all of his big matches. I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Submissions, every variation of suplexes and body slams, going to the top rope, you name it. He was much more varietal and creative with moves in his matches than anyone in the WWE today.

I believe this is what he's referring to:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveMovesOfDoom

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2009, 10:45 AM
how about the lil punnk rey mysterio? dude does all this acrobatic shit looks good....

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2009, 01:07 PM
I believe this is what he's referring to:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveMovesOfDoom

That's just five different FINISHING moves. He uses a lot more than that throughout the match. Later I'm going to post some classic Bret Hart matches and we can count the moves.

anakha
09-15-2009, 04:19 PM
That's just five different FINISHING moves. He uses a lot more than that throughout the match. Later I'm going to post some classic Bret Hart matches and we can count the moves.

I'm not disagreeing with you - just pointing out where the whole "Bret wins the match with the same five moves" mindset comes from.

Personally, I think it's overblown - wrestlers need to have familiar moves the fans pop for. The successful ones are those who are able to sell the match without requiring much more than those moves, while the best ones are able to get the fans to pop for more than just their signature stuff.

These two distinctions are by no means exclusive.

mavs>spurs2
09-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Ithe best ones are able to get the fans to pop for more than just their signature stuff.

Figure 4 leglock on the ringpost wasn't a signature move of his, but it sure got a big pop out of the crowd around 1:45

aqY8QwNiIUc

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2009, 11:30 PM
i thought brett was known for his sharpshooter?