PDA

View Full Version : Bonzi Wells? Heat Doesn't Give A Tweet

duncan228
09-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Bonzi Wells? Heat doesn't give a tweet (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2009/09/bonzi-wells-heat-doesnt-give-a-tweet.html)
by Ira Winderman
Sun-Sentinel

Based on how this summer has gone for the Heat, it can be safely assumed that lobbying on Twitter for a job might not be the best way to submit one's resume.

Yet there is Bonzi Wells, the former Trail Blazer, Grizzly, King, Rocket and Hornet, lobbying at 140 (or less) characters at a time, as he works out in Chicago alongside Dwyane Wade and Jermaine O'Neal.

"I'm trying to get on wit miami but its political," was one of his tweets.

"i would love to b in miami i could help them cats fa sho," was another.

O'Neal also has gotten into the act.

He first tweeted, "i hope that they do sign him because he really could help us!"

He then offered, "he is in great shape! he has been working out with me all summer and he looks really good!"

There was more from each, but in language generally avoided in this space.

Wells, after declining to settle for an NBA minimum contract last fall, spent the start of last season in China, before leaving his team there.

While the Heat is well-stocked at small forward, Wells might prove as capable a scorer at the position as James Jones, Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright or Yakhouba Diawara.

But, no, there currently is no interest.

Twitter has not exactly been kind to the Heat this offseason.

And it certainly is not the preferred way of processing employment applications.

BRHornet45
09-14-2009, 01:16 AM
sons this twitter shit needs to stop