PDA

View Full Version : Would you cut Leodis McKelvin?

Fabbs
09-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Bills leading the New England Greasriots 24-19 with 2:05 to play and the Bills recieving the kickoff.
Leodis McKelvin the Bills returnman backpedals into the endzone to recieve the kick, runs it out and is about to get wrapped up at the 30 yard line. Instead of just going down, he tries to fight for another meaningless yard, fumbles, and Grease Nation ends up winning the game.

Strategically, running it out and making it to the 30 made it better then a touchback as he both crossed the 20 and spent 4-5 seconds off the clock in doing so. It's his failure to cover up the ball that's gagging.

Now granted, Grease Nation could have won the game anyways as they had 3 timeouts and also you never know what cheating might occur when the Pats play.

Still, if you are the Bills authorities do you cut McKelvin for this play?

slayermin
09-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Fuck yes!

Obstructed_View
09-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Guys always fumble the ball trying for the extra yard. Happens all the time. There'd be a lot of guys looking for jobs if coaches were that reactionary. The only message something like that would send to the team is "don't try as hard as you can or we'll punish you if you make a mistake."

Fabbs
09-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Guys always fumble the ball trying for the extra yard. Happens all the time. There'd be a lot of guys looking for jobs if coaches were that reactionary. The only message something like that would send to the team is "don't try as hard as you can or we'll punish you if you make a mistake."
Happens all the time on a kickoff with less then 2 minutes remaining while ahead by 5 points?

Great, show me a list of these "Happens all the time." examples.

Udokafan05
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Bad decision to return it, he should have took a knee, but cant play Tuesday Morning Quarterback during game.

slayermin
09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I didn't expect much from Buffalo but a win against the Patriots could have ignited something special for them. But now, their season is probably done. Especially if the Jets keep playing the way they did yesterday.

Obstructed_View
09-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Happens all the time on a kickoff with less then 2 minutes remaining while ahead by 5 points?

Great, show me a list of these "Happens all the time." expamples.

It happens several times a year, and costs teams a win in many cases, since turnovers are about the most critical factor in a football game. How many ways would you like it explained to you? Cutting a guy for doing that is stupid, since he's probably the least likely person to make that mistake again.

Fabbs
09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
It happens several times a year, and costs teams a win in many cases, since turnovers are about the most critical factor in a football game. How many ways would you like it explained to you? Cutting a guy for doing that is stupid, since he's probably the least likely person to make that mistake again.
List several times from last year or shut your yap.

smahmood26
09-14-2009, 10:59 PM
No, what kinda dumb question is that

exstatic
09-14-2009, 10:59 PM
You just have to be smarter. You don't need a KO return for a TD. Once you bring the ball out, though, if you hit the wall, cover up like a FB going into the line and drop like a stone.

I wouldn't cut him, but he'd be running some "education" laps after practice every day this week.

Obstructed_View
09-15-2009, 12:38 AM
List several times from last year or shut your yap.

Don't ask for opinions on a discussion board and then tell people to shut up, you fucking moron. Anybody who watches a moderate amount of football knows that guys fumble going for that last yard all the time, and any idiot knows that turnovers usually determine the outcome of the game. If you aren't smart enough to figure it out after I've spelled it out then you probably wouldn't understand the stats if I went to the trouble to get them for you, nor would you have the class to appreciate it if I did.

Again, to answer your question more clearly: The only one that would cut him based on a single mistake like that is you, and you're a dumbass.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah, they're going to cut him over that just like the Cowboys cut Romo for dropping the FG snap.

Fabbs
09-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Don't ask for opinions on a discussion board and then tell people to shut up, you fucking moron. Anybody who watches a moderate amount of football knows that guys fumble going for that last yard all the time, and any idiot knows that turnovers usually determine the outcome of the game. If you aren't smart enough to figure it out after I've spelled it out then you probably wouldn't understand the stats if I went to the trouble to get them for you, nor would you have the class to appreciate it if I did.

Again, to answer your question more clearly: The only one that would cut him based on a single mistake like that is you, and you're a dumbass.
2 minutes or less left on a kickoff return is what i op'd.
Vs. your lame attempt to twist to a turnover going for an extra yard at any point in the season. Your "class" has you coming up with zero, repeat zero examples of this happening before while you spout that you can find many examples each season.
You've *spelled it out* for me. And the board.

Get off the thread you pussy. :lol

slayermin
Fuck yes!
I'm not the only one.

Yeah, they're going to cut him over that just like the Cowboys cut Romo for dropping the FG snap.
not similar weaksause as Obstructed Nutts. :sleep

exstatic
You just have to be smarter. You don't need a KO return for a TD. Once you bring the ball out, though, if you hit the wall, cover up like a FB going into the line and drop like a stone.
Ya think? :lol Yeah one would think millionaire professionals might be able to do what the average 4th grader in the sandlot game knows.

I wouldn't cut him, but he'd be running some "education" laps after practice every day this week.
Same here. I might not cut him, but you've got to send a strong message.
This 2nd slayermin quote in my view is not an overestimation:
I didn't expect much from Buffalo but a win against the Patriots could have ignited something special for them. But now, their season is probably done. Especially if the Jets keep playing the way they did yesterday.
Will be interesting to see what -if anything- McKelvin says.

Borosai
09-15-2009, 01:54 AM
No. He's one of the best returners in the league and only in his second year. He needs to learn from his mistakes.

slayermin
09-15-2009, 02:58 AM
Leodis, welcome to the club.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/15/thefumble.jpg

monosylab1k
09-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Now granted, Grease Nation could have won the game anyways as they had 3 timeouts and also you never know what cheating might occur when the Pats play.

I hear ya. The CHEATriots (:lmao) will always find a way to cheat their way to a win as long as BeliCHEAT (:lmao) is their coach (:lmao)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-15-2009, 08:30 AM
I hear ya. The CHEATriots (:lmao) will always find a way to cheat their way to a win as long as BeliCHEAT (:lmao) is their coach (:lmao)

:lmao:lmao You said cheat :lmao:lmao you're so cool :lmao:lmao

FromWayDowntown
09-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Sure, because starting-quality corners are readily available to NFL teams and, really, what's better than a kneejerk reaction to a bad decision?

:rolleyes

It's usually true that the best way to overcome a bad decision is to make another bad decision.

LOL texans
09-15-2009, 09:04 AM
He's just gotta learn from it. They played the pats well and should look to build and learn from this.

gaKNOW!blee
09-15-2009, 03:00 PM
The guy was the 11th overall pick last year...was looking good at the end of last year and this preseason at corner...and led the league in KO avg last year.

The answer is no, Mckelvin is going to win a game for the Bills this year, just watch.

09-15-2009, 03:13 PM
It's usually true that the best way to overcome a bad decision is to make another bad decision.

Better known as Millen Logic or Lion Logic.

slayermin
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
McKelvin ran a 4.38 '40' at the NFL Combines two years ago. He's fast as hell and could turn into a nice DB.

But what he did was selfish, dumb, and imo, inexcusable. C'mon. Your up five with 2 minutes left against the Patriots in their house. First thing that should be going through your mind is avoid getting stood up. The return team is going to try to strip the ball or hit you to knock it loose.

He ran that kickoff back like they were down three points. And I bet that precious kickoff return average was floating through his head. I've watched that replay a few times now and I still can't believe what he did.

If I was a Bills fan, I would want blood. I don't care if he was a first round draft pick.

Pistons < Spurs
09-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Bills "fan" vandalizes McKelvin's lawn

There's no denying that the Buffalo Bills have one of the most loyal and knowledgeable NFL fanbases in the country.

But even the best group of supporters has a few lunatics that make sports fans as a whole look bad.

One of those wackos decided to vandalize Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin's home by painting the final score of Monday night's game and obscenity into McKelvin's lawn. McKelvin had a costly fumble on a kick return late in Monday night's game that set up the Patriots for the game-winning score. The lawns of the rest of the defense were spared.

(Seriously, where does this rage come from regarding sports? It's sports! The vitriol inspired by pro teams amazes me, and this is coming from someone obsessed enough to spend the great majority of my hours on Earth covering the minutia of a game. Soap box rant over.)

The Hamburg, New York police declined to give any more details on their investigation, such as what word was written in to the lawn.

McKelvin believes his short memory will help him get past Monday's mistake, and presumably the reaction to it.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/15/bills-fan-vandalizes-mckelvins-lawn/

exstatic
09-15-2009, 09:50 PM
/quotes and cherry picks/
Way to cherry pick my post and leave out the part that directly contradicts your desire to cut him.

EricB
09-16-2009, 02:29 AM
He ran it out so as the 2 minute warning wouldn't stop the goddamn clock and give the Patriots a 3 and out.

I see why he did it and it makes sense.

Go back to fucking your Gregg Popovich voodoo doll fucknut.

Fabbs
09-16-2009, 06:43 AM
He ran it out so as the 2 minute warning wouldn't stop the goddamn clock and give the Patriots a 3 and out.

I see why he did it and it makes sense.

Go back to fucking your Gregg Popovich voodoo doll fucknut.

T_Pork, the two minute warning did go into effect right after Leodis McKelvin fumbled the ball.

Just because during a play the clock goes from above 2:00 to below 2:00, that does not cancel the 2 minute warning and stop the clock. :lol:lol

Also 'Pork, here is my Op:

"Strategically, running it out and making it to the 30 made it better then a touchback as he both crossed the 20 and spent 4-5 seconds off the clock in doing so. It's his failure to cover up the ball that's gagging."

Thanks for taking a very short break from sniffing Pop n Fins arse. You may resume.
Classic post. :rollin

Fabbs
09-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Way to cherry pick my post and leave out the part that directly contradicts your desire to cut him.
I quoted your entire post. :lol
Are you pouting because i broke it up so as to address the two thoughts you posted? Okay. Here is the exact same answers with your exact same entire quote. Does this make it better?:

exstatic

1. Ya think? Yeah one would think millionaire professionals might be able to do what the average 4th grader in the sandlot game knows.

2. Same here. I might not cut him, but you've got to send a strong message.
This 2nd slayermin quote in my view is not an overestimation: