PDA

View Full Version : What irritates you Spurs' fans?

Solid D
09-14-2009, 11:45 PM
http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Duncan_Tim_san_090418a.jpg

Fans around the world get irritated when Timmy whines to officials, or when Ginobili flops, or when Parker falls down after every layup attempt...but what player's antics get under your skin?

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2009/news/09/14/eurobasket.ap/euro_t1_gasol.jpg

For me, I wonder why Pau has to scream like a school girl every time someone guards him, much less touches him.

DPG21920
09-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Tim's whining does irritate me. I wish he would just play instead of looking at everyone like they are dumb.

Chris Paul's antics on the court piss me off.

By far the worst thing is KG. He is a disgrace to the game with his antics.

mookie2001
09-15-2009, 12:02 AM
a lot of mine are old

when kg used to yell when he dunked

kobe used to act, talk, walk, do everything like jordan when he first came into the league, it was pretty sad

billups dribbing around in circles while palming the ball, waiting for the shotclock to go down

nash dribbling around in circles until we guard everyone but him then him busting a short jumper

paul gasols old beard which was like 100 strands of pubic hair, has since grown in

announcers saying devin harris is fast when he used to play like shit, hes since improved

whenever announcers call someone a point forward because they dribble the ball past half court, darius miles, odom, kg, etc...

vlade divac.

dwayne wade wearing 4 sleeves, a chest protector, hip vest, shoulder sling, 3 knee supporters and a glove

jason terry flying around like a stupid 4 year old

for us
parker travelling over and over and over again

the spurs fouling on a 3 attempt like 300 times last season

manu ginobili getting hurt, then coming back, playing like shit, then getting hurt again

MaNu4Tres
09-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Gasol and Kobe's verbal flop whenever they attempt a shot in the lane gets very annoying. Kobe says " HEY". Gasol just yells like a bitch.

slick'81
09-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Just a few off the top of my head-

gasols primal screams are irritating

cp3 flailing like a girl after every foul

kobe saying hey! every time he gets touched in the lane

that dirk nowitzki looks like a girl

DieMrBond
09-15-2009, 12:19 AM
http://leblogjames.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/jetvshornets.jpg

Admiral
09-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Karl Malone flailing when trying to draw a foul, and crying whenever he was called for one.

Michael Jordan getting away with just about anything. Half of his trips to the line were because someone breathed on him the wrong way. To make matters worse, he never seemed to agree when the refs called him for a foul.

Doug Christie's little signals to his wife at least 38 times a game. He redefined the meaning of "whipped."

Chris Andersen. What a douche bag.

It did not irritate me, but I was always amused by Mario Elie's "Wha...me?!?" anytime he was called for a foul. He had it down to a science: arms extended to either side, mouth open, and a look of exasperation on his face. In his mind, he never committed a foul. :lol

Blackjack
09-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Tim's whining does irritate me. I wish he would just play instead of looking at everyone like they are dumb.

Tim's whining irritates me but I wonder how in a league of whiners he's viewed as so much more egregious.

I guess being more D&D than hip-hop, his whining just doesn't come off the same way.:lol

Good call on Paul and KG.

Paul's antics have become pretty ridiculous, but at least I can see why he does them; not that I condone or want to see the game played that way by a player of that caliber. He's trying to win and do whatever it takes to get the edge, even if he has to act like he's been assaulted by an invisible opponent or shot by a sniper from the opposing bench. Oh, and the guy could show a little respect for mankind and do his best to make sure his fist doesn't slip and hit someone below the belt a couple times a season.;)

The 'Big Fugazi', otherwise known as KG, drives me absolutely insane. The guy's a 7' chihuahua that should've been dealt with 6 or 7 years ago, but has even taken his act to new levels of D-Bagdom since joining the Celtics. I just can't believe he's been allowed to get by with that act by the players or league. But I guess that's what happens when you take enforcers out of the game and prevent the players from policing their selves.

Gasol's goat-boy yell is annoying as hell

Jason Terry, well, need I say more.

Doug Christie's constant gestures to that 'wife' of his.

K-Mart, Andersen, and others of that ilk who celebrate the most meaningless of dunks like they've found the cure for cancer.

That's just off the top of my head, though..

Oh, and Dirk's inability to drive to the basket for a layup without hitting the floor and looking like a giraffe who falls down in sections after being shot.

cherylsteele
09-15-2009, 12:50 AM
I always got irritated by Mutombo's finger waiving whenever he got a block

jdev82
09-15-2009, 01:03 AM
alonzo mourning. dwyane wade getting the most rediculous foul calls. i saw a ref literally start to raise his arm just when a guy came off a switch towards him. no contact. just a guy running at him. this was against atl in the playoffs last year. i hate that fucker/

timtonymanu
09-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Paul's flopping. Also when he picks fights with players for fouling him. I remember he and Matt Bonner had an altercation but Tim came in and said to Paul "Calm the fuck down."

The whole Celtics team- They're so damn arrogant. Half of those players would be nobodies elsewhere.

Sasha Vujacic and Anderson Varejao - just looking at them pisses me off.

LeBron James' fake "nice guy" act - We know he's a douche already.

Jason Terry... enough said.

for the Spurs:
Tim Duncan's whining - Sometimes I just want him to shut up and just own the guy on the next possession.

Spurs 3rd qtrs

Spurs inconsistent offense

Pop's overuse of Finley and Bonner (in the case of last year)

Pop's arrogance

z0sa
09-15-2009, 01:21 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2009/news/09/14/eurobasket.ap/euro_t1_gasol.jpg

For me, I wonder why Pau has to scream like a school girl every time someone guards him, much less touches him.

This has been my biggest irritation hearkening back to 2004 when we swept them. Screaming all the time just to get the refs' attention is such an underhanded move.

TD 21
09-15-2009, 01:23 AM

Duncan's "whining" doesn't irritate me so much because it's par for the course in the NBA; that's what players do. Duncan doesn't go overboard though (sometimes he raises his hand, admitting that he committed the foul), and relentlessly cuss or try to show the officials up, a la Bryant. He should be T'd up far more than he is, and only get's away with it because of who he is.

Agree with you on Garnett's antics. The Celtics are the team in the league that most resembles the Spurs, yet unlike the Spurs they're filled with arrogant, shameless, self-promoters, with Garnett being the worst offender of the bunch.

xellos88330
09-15-2009, 03:34 AM
It is irritating whenever a team beats the Spurs. I can't stand that shit.

mathbzh
09-15-2009, 03:43 AM
by far the worst thing is kg. He is a disgrace to the game with his antics.

+1

ata
09-15-2009, 05:24 AM
Uncalled travelling on LeBron (and others) in the name of the show.

DaBears
09-15-2009, 07:52 AM
For me it Watching Spurs games on National Television stations and having the tv analysts seem to always brag or spend most of the time talking about the other teams superstar or team in general, instead of giving equal amount of props to both teams...... It at least to me always seems to be one sided.

alamo50
09-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Everytime I only see BlowMe Bryant and/or KG the faggot I get heavily irritated.

DaBears
09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
I still even after 4 rings i dont feel personally that the SPURS have gotten the respect from the media as they deserve.

mathbzh
09-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Uncalled travelling on LeBron (and others) in the name of the show.

I can live with that. The thing that upset me is when those plays make the NBA top 10.
Lebron arguing his "crab dribble" is not traveling is also rather pathetic.

slacker77
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM
anytime a player goes up for shot and they yell," AND ONE!" expecting a foul.

LoveMySpurs
09-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Players lack of respect for the national anthem at the start of the game-fidgeting, not placing hand over heart, etc. unlike David Robinson who stood at attention.

admiralsnackbar
09-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Ray Allen's sneer.

Chris Paul's yapping lapdog routine.

Jason Terry stealing his nickname and doing the silly airplane dance. He's a jet! Get it?

Gasol's sulky face when calls don't go his way or he's being embarassed by Tim. Man up, lil' fella.

Shaq's perpetual state of self-promotion.

NoOptionB
09-15-2009, 09:14 AM
1) Losing

2) Injuries

3) Chris Paul

That's it. I have come to respect Kobe's game and am pessimistic when they play the Lakers I don't get too bummed out anymore.

manufan10
09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Kobe seems to make every shot.

Chris Paul and his actions.

KG acting like a dick.

Gasol screaming.

Spurs fans that don't cheer or make noise at games. It's way too quiet most of the time.

ajballer4
09-15-2009, 10:12 AM
This bugs me a lot...WHOOOO! WHOOOO!
Its just a basket New Orleans...

NickiRasgo
09-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Joe Crawford.

portnoy1
09-15-2009, 10:58 AM
1 - Parker running around in circles running 3-4 pick n rolls a play to get into the paint or get a mismatch, then taking a 17foot fallaway jumper over a 7 footer instead of giving it to tim when he has a 6-2 guy on him under the basket.

2 - Sasha Vujacic period - I'm waiting for him to drive the lane one day, and then someone like Kendrick Perkins or Kenyon Martin put in him on his backside in a rowdy way ( Flagrant foul style ).

Old School 44
09-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Chris Paul, Jason Terry, Lebron James, Allen Iverson, Shaq, Jose Barea
Tony always being mentioned after Paul and Williams
The phrase "score the ball"
Excessive tats
Pop interviews

phxspurfan
09-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Gasol and Kobe's verbal flop whenever they attempt a shot in the lane gets very annoying. Kobe says " HEY". Gasol just yells like a bitch.

Coach Phil teaches them to do that. It's his trademark by now.

The phrase 'dribble drive' usually coined by WNBA announcers and coaches bc thats all they can do

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Parker running around in circles running 3-4 pick n rolls a play to get into the paint or get a mismatch, then taking a 17foot fallaway jumper over a 7 footer instead of giving it to tim when he has a 6-2 guy on him under the basket.dont remember ever seeing that

Samr
09-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Personally, I can't stand it when someone puts the toilet paper roll on backwards. THE SHEET GOES OVER THE TOP, NOT BEHIND IT STUPID!!!!!

... oh, it's not that kind of thread....

I can't stand Dirk's haircut, Kobe's marital infidelity, and Derek Fisher in general. Also, add me to the list of people that get really angry when players don't act with respect during the National Anthem.

portnoy1
09-15-2009, 12:00 PM
dont remember ever seeing that
Well then i guess the last game you watched was in the 2000-2001 season before Parker got here.

Timmy21D
09-15-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm a season SPURS ticket holder and have been to numerous games around the country (MSG- NYC, Air Canada- Toronto, Summit/and Toyota Ctr- H-town, Am Airline- Dallas, Pepsi Ctr- Denver, Forum- L.A.) and notice that the ATT ctr- is the cheapest place for fan appreciation.
Mind you, I don't have baller seats (Section 200), but if y'all notice that in televised games around the country, fans are able to high five players coming out the tunnel. You thought the ushers at the ATT ctr had a license to kill:ihit, because you don't dare come to a 30ft perimeter of any player:nope.
Also, I hate the respect the Spurs fans have for opposing fans of the visiting fans. If any of y'all have been to a Rockets game in H-town, be ready for the verbal abuse. Or the wayfaring Laker fan that come out the woodwork during our home games.
Oh one more thing, the fan shops sucks donkey dik, you can get the same Tee or replica jersey from Academy for 1/2 the price. The Air Canada ctr- had authentic jerseys, Toyota Ctr- had Mitchell and Ness throwbacks and customizable replicas on the spot, the Q in Cleveland sells nike Lebron products. Enough bullcrap spurs polos( who wears this crap?):lmao

easy7
09-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Matt Bonner in a Spurs uniform, enough said...

Solid D
09-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Coach Phil teaches them to do that. It's his trademark by now.

The phrase 'dribble drive' usually coined by WNBA announcers and coaches bc thats all they can do

:lol What? As opposed to 3 or 4 steps and no dribble NBA style?

Mel_13
09-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Chris Paul, Jason Terry, Lebron James, Allen Iverson, Shaq, Jose Barea
Tony always being mentioned after Paul and Williams
The phrase "score the ball"
Excessive tats
Pop interviews

I was with you until that last one:lol

KFU-wXsRhic

phxspurfan
09-15-2009, 01:43 PM
:lol What? As opposed to 3 or 4 steps and no dribble NBA style?

Touche.

mudyez
09-15-2009, 04:38 PM
every single player, that is celebrating like a small child or a hillbilly on speed...best example is jason terry, but there are hundrets of them in the league...I really love our team for having so few of them (basically none, maybe roger mason)...I'm all for some feelings beeing trown in into the mix, but I dont see the feelings, when someone like terry does his choerographed stuff...another sad axample is Zo Mourning! I really loved that guy, but after they got Shaq, it was ridiculous see him celebrating every single rebound like he just won the championship, finals-mvp-trhophy and the love of one of the sexiest woman in just one season! (nobody every could accomplish that ;))

it should be more about the reggie millers jumping on the comentator pult after he won the game and less about the q-richardsons making his gang-tags!

the funny thing: I really like it with football! sometimes the best thing is a nice celebration after a TD! that should be coz of two things: first off all a TD or intereption often is worth so much more, than most of the NBA single actions. secondly, they have breaks! How in gods sake, can a player celebrate like shit, while the game is going on! I would bench that guy emidiately, if I'm his coach!!!

TIMMYD!
09-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I still even after 4 rings i dont feel personally that the SPURS have gotten the respect from the media as they deserve.

I don't think the spurs will ever get respect.

Which they have deserved for about 10 years.

TIMMYD!
09-15-2009, 04:43 PM
This bugs me a lot...WHOOOO! WHOOOO!
Its just a basket New Orleans...

They must still not be that used to them. :wakeup

ShoogarBear
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I get irritated by fans at the AT&T who don't respect the dead ball rule.

mudyez
09-15-2009, 05:08 PM

actually I think, they get it!

every time one speeks of a model franchise, the best franchise of the last decade ect., the Spurs are mentioned first (and often as the only team). everybody respects Timmy, Pop and what the franchise has deserved. Never saw a columnist speak bad about Parker. Everybody loves Manu! They are right, if they say, the Spurs got lucky with the Suns and in '05, but its not like they want to steel anything from them. maybe I'm just not reading enough troll-stuff, but on the big sites (except espn), the Spurs get a lot of props!

TIMMYD!
09-15-2009, 10:12 PM
actually I think, they get it!

every time one speeks of a model franchise, the best franchise of the last decade ect., the Spurs are mentioned first (and often as the only team). everybody respects Timmy, Pop and what the franchise has deserved. Never saw a columnist speak bad about Parker. Everybody loves Manu! They are right, if they say, the Spurs got lucky with the Suns and in '05, but its not like they want to steel anything from them. maybe I'm just not reading enough troll-stuff, but on the big sites (except espn), the Spurs get a lot of props!

ESPN is probably the only site or channel that matters.

Solid D
09-15-2009, 10:33 PM

...or the dead ball era for that matter.

LoneStarState'sPride
09-16-2009, 05:28 AM
It is irritating whenever a team beats the Spurs. I can't stand that shit.

LOL. Awesome!:lol

HarlemHeat37
09-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I actually love KG's antics, it's funny as hell how mad everybody gets about it..

as for me, obviously many things annoy me..

-The Lakers franchise in general, and all the breaks they get..

-Kobe being allowed to rape women, and get away with throwing his teammates under the bus numerous times..also the fact that he makes the same shots against us that he misses against the other elite teams in the past decade for some reason..

-Pau Gasol's verbal flopping, it's beyond ridiculous..

-Chris Paul's pussy-like behavior..

-Wade and Lebron's phantom calls..

-The way Corey Maggette and Kevin Martin play basketball, it's disgusting..

-Michael Finley's minutes + Michael Finley taking a dribble and shooting, since it's an automatic miss..

-The majority of NBA National TV announcers and their Lakers + Cavs bias..

-Jason Terry thinking he's a relevant player..

-Manu Ginobili's health..

-Tim playing to draw fouls instead of just playing, since those are always his worst games..

-The Denver Nuggets' basketball IQ..it saddens me as a fan of basketball..

-Billups' "clutch" reputation..

-Sasha Vujacic's face..

-Ray Allen's "classy" reputation..

-The Mavs players always playing their A+ game against us, but sucking against the other great teams in the past decade..

-Ian Mahinmi's body..

-Bruce Bowen's age..

-Fab Oberto never taking any shot, even when he's 2 feet from the basket with an open shot..

-Bad luck and horrible decisions in repeat years..

Soul_Patch
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
-Fab Oberto never taking any shot, even when he's 2 feet from the basket with an open shot..

rofl....this!

LongtimeSpursFan
09-16-2009, 03:43 PM
NBA style of basketball. Its amazing how much NBA basketball has evolved in the past 30 years. It seems like every play begins with a screen at the top of the key and the dribbler taking it to the rim in hopes of a either a basket or a foul...and if they're real lucky they get an 'And 1'.
I think that is why I appreciate Spurs style of basketball. A couple of years ago, I think it was '05' when they would move the basketball around the court until an open man was found. To see player movement off the ball and players recognizing the open spots on the floor was amazing. It seems like the only time you see 'old-school' style of basketball found anymore is outside the U.S.

portnoy1
09-16-2009, 05:06 PM
NBA style of basketball. Its amazing how much NBA basketball has evolved in the past 30 years. It seems like every play begins with a screen at the top of the key and the dribbler taking it to the rim in hopes of a either a basket or a foul...and if they're real lucky they get an 'And 1'.
I think that is why I appreciate Spurs style of basketball. A couple of years ago, I think it was '05' when they would move the basketball around the court until an open man was found. To see player movement off the ball and players recognizing the open spots on the floor was amazing. It seems like the only time you see 'old-school' style of basketball found anymore is outside the U.S.The spurs use to move the ball 05'. But then Tim Duncan got older / Manu couldn't stay healthy / And Parker has glue on his hands and can't see an open man unless he is surrounded by 5 guys.

dbestpro
09-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah players and opposing fans have been very irritating, but nothing gets me more irritated than the Spurs fans that sit on their hands. I take particular exception to all the floor fans who act like royal snobs and that cheering is beneath them. All the while some kids are in the cheap seats screaming their heads off where nobody can hear. Its quite sad, really. The players got better over the years while the fans got worse.

spursfan1000
09-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Chris Paul.

duhoh
09-16-2009, 10:06 PM
i hate when players stick out their retainers after every time the ball is stopped.

varejao and vujacic are faggots

i don't like it how all of the spurs trio all look at the ref like they're 9 year old kids who just saw a boob

Solid D
09-17-2009, 06:57 AM

This is a good point. The ushers used to help people remember the dead ball rule but nowadays, not so much or not at all. Before the (then SBC Center) seat and cupholder reconfiguration, the dead ball rule was enforced. Some ushers, particularly upstairs, wouldn't allow people to go past the section entryway during play.

superbigtime
09-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Incorrect usage of apostrophes by stupid people.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-17-2009, 05:03 PM
i hate when players stick out their retainers after every time the ball is stopped

i think you mean mouthpiece

and im not rich enough for the dead ball rule to affect me

Morg1411
09-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Gasol's schoolgirl yelps.

Dirk's tongue.

CP3's antics.

Kobe's manly scowl.

Varejao's fucking hair.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-17-2009, 05:14 PM
thats like the 10th "antics" yall have listed, what exactly does that mean?

Morg1411
09-17-2009, 05:27 PM
thats like the 10th "antics" yall have listed, what exactly does that mean?

For me, it's mainly his floppiness. He sells a bullshit foul like few others.

Solid D
09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Incorrect usage of apostrophes by stupid people.

Ah, Mr. Vulgarity personified. Are you referring to the thread title? :lol If so, I actually think the title could use a comma after the word you: "What irritates you, Spurs' fans?" If you look at it from the plural possessive viewpoint, since Spurs ends in s, and many of us here are their fans, then you could stretch it to accept Spurs' fans.

If you weren't referring to the thread title and if you weren't calling me a stupid person, then we'll move on. If you were calling me a stupid person, then I would disagree and tell you I made a mistake, that I, at least, needed a comma.....and I would also tell you to go pound sand.

:p:

DPG21920
09-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Dead ball rule? Please. Heaven forbid someone blocks your vantage point for 1 second as they scoot by you. It is not like they are standing in front of you for extended periods of time.

I bet you are the same people who get mad when fans stand up to cheer because you want to sit in peace and quiet to enjoy your game.

Solid D
09-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Dead ball rule? Please. Heaven forbid someone blocks your vantage point for 1 second as they scoot by you. It is not like they are standing in front of you for extended periods of time.

I bet you are the same people who get mad when fans stand up to cheer because you want to sit in peace and quiet to enjoy your game.

I don't know Shoog's perspective, but if you look at it from the perspective of sitting in one of the upper deck seats at the AT&T Center with the really tight space, it's a little bit difficult. If you are the one returning to your seat with soda and popcorn in hand during live action, I guarantee you it will take more than 1 second to get past each person on that upper deck row if they are all sitting down. SA has plenty of overweight people so good luck with getting down the aisle quickly up there. :lol

EricB
09-17-2009, 05:57 PM

I hate it as well.

Its bullshit, the freaking game is going on, if you cant hold it till th enext time out, or your such a goddamn drunk you can't wait till the next timeout to get a beer or whatever then yes its a pain in the ass.

On TOP of that, theres the idiots that don't know where they are sitting, and the idiots that sit in the wrong seats so now thats a freaking ordeal going on forever while the game is going on.

Know your section, know your seats, walk down when theres a dead ball.

Its freaking common courtesy.

daslicer
09-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Lets see obviously the arrogance that the Lakers franchise as a whole breeds.

Outside of Kobe, Derick Fisher his whole entire game. The guy has that stupid smirk on his face and flops all the time on defense.

Popovitch always giving way too much respect to the opponent. Hey Pop we know Kobe and the Lakers are great no need to prop them higher in your pre-game or postgame speeches.

The Fag 4 officiating crew of J.Crawford,Salvatore, Nies, D.Crawford. Controversy always follows when these guys ref crucial playoff games.

Phill Jackson calling out of the refs when his team loses. It seems after any playoffs loss when in doubt bitch about the refs for favoritism the next game. Yeah your zen shit is overatted lets see you call out of the refs when coaching a team like Milwaukee.

jag
09-17-2009, 08:21 PM
LeBron's pregame "skits" really get under my skin. There isn't one cool thing about him and 5-8 scrubs running around and performing a little pre-rehearsed skit.

spurspokesman
09-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Just how soft the league is in general. It's sad.

ShoogarBear
09-18-2009, 10:06 AM

Hmm, let's see now, who is the bigger fan: the person who is actually watching the live action, or the jackass who gets up from or back to his seat for non-emergent reasons while play is still going on? You can take your time thinking about this one if you need to.

tmtcsc
09-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Shaq flailing his arms around when he's being fouled and practically knocking people out.

Nothing drove me crazy as much as Drob NOT DUNKING THE F'ING BALL !!!

Jason Terry is a little bitch.

Kenyon Martin and his thug persona on the floor. Good for you Kenyon, that was a big dunk. Oh look at that, we just got another basket while you were screaming at the rim. Twitchy Gimp.

Steve Nash's haircuts and the fact that he licks his hands and rubs down his chest as he is bringing the ball up the court. Come on Steve, that's just not sanitary.

Anyone who decides to block a shot in to the third row just because it looks cool. Eh hem, Lebron. Wanna impress me, try keeping the ball in play.

Dwight Howard's reputation as a great player. -- Please.

For us:

Tim Duncan staring at the rim forever before he shoots his FT's.

Tim Duncan missing countless FT's. That's a close second.

Relying on the 3 point shot and not taking the ball to the basket.

Losing to the Mavs. That's irritating.

Matt Bonner and Roger Mason not making a shot in the playoffs when it mattered most was horrible.

TIMMYD!
09-19-2009, 08:12 PM
when my penis touches the toilet and dirk noringzki

TIMMYD!
09-19-2009, 08:18 PM
missed free throws

DPG21920
09-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Hmm, let's see now, who is the bigger fan: the person who is actually watching the live action, or the jackass who gets up from or back to his seat for non-emergent reasons while play is still going on? You can take your time thinking about this one if you need to.

Yes, because someone who has to pee twice in one game is less of a fan or a "jack ass". Because in real time action they cause you to miss 10 seconds. Funny questioning someones fandom because someone has a kid they have to take to the bathroom or because they get up once or twice throughout an entire game. Please.

I can understand if they get up multiple times in a quarter. But if someone has to get up once or twice a game, they are not really causing you to miss a significant portion of time.

Question: Is it ok for a fan who remains in their "seat area" to stand up and cheer all game long?

TDMVPDPOY
09-19-2009, 11:08 PM
tp driving into the lane and falling down like his expecting a foul to be called,

use it to by now since everyone on the spurs does it...

and every highlight play, we are on the receiving end of it for some reason....

ShoogarBear
09-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Yes, because someone who has to pee twice in one game is less of a fan or a "jack ass".

So if everyone in the row has the same entitlement, then that's only forty times during live action that everyone has to get up?

I guess it's just too difficult to have the common courtesy to wait a minute when instead you can take the opportunity to inconvenience 10-20 people at a shot.

Because in real time action they cause you to miss 10 seconds. Funny questioning someones fandom because someone has a kid they have to take to the bathroom or because they get up once or twice throughout an entire game. Please.

Of course you have to create a strawman because you're going to get slaughtered addressing the actual point. This isn't about somebody taking a kid to the bathroom. This is about adults who have mastered their bodily functions, and most of the time they're getting up to get concessions.

And hmm, lessee see now, who exactly is the one who started with the questioning of someone's fandom? Oh, yeah that would be . . .

Again, take your time if these questions are getting too tough.

And by the way, what relationship does someone cheering because they're enjoying the game have to someone else who is IGNORING THE GAME AND INTERRUPTING OTHER PEOPLE FROM ENJOYING IT?

Remember that question above, I plan to ask it again later.

I can understand if they get up multiple times in a quarter. But if someone has to get up once or twice a game, they are not really causing you to miss a significant portion of time.

No, they're just being rude. Most people who are rude don't usually cause much real damage. In fact, that's usually the classic excuse that rude people give when you confront them.

Let me guess, you're the guy who gets in the "Ten Items or Less" line with 15 items, because it doesn't take that much extra time.

Question: Is it ok for a fan who remains in their "seat area" to stand up and cheer all game long?

Remember that question I asked you to remember? Insert again here.

If you're going to attempt to continue, do yourself a favor and stick to the actual point instead of making up bullshit about people cheering,

DPG21920
09-20-2009, 12:31 PM
So if everyone in the row has the same entitlement, then that's only forty times during live action that everyone has to get up?

Yes, because that is realistic.

I guess it's just too difficult to have the common courtesy to wait a minute when instead you can take the opportunity to inconvenience 10-20 people at a shot.

If it was that big of an inconvenience, don't you think enough people would complain and they would enforce the rule more?

People do things to "inconvenience" people all the time, depends on your definition.

Of course you have to create a strawman because you're going to get slaughtered addressing the actual point. This isn't about somebody taking a kid to the bathroom. This is about adults who have mastered their bodily functions, and most of the time they're getting up to get concessions.

Of course you would create a throw away line because you are being a :dramaquee

You said people getting up during the game is rude. Did you define this? No. Is a kid that is hungry an emergency? Or is it just a kid who has to go to the restroom? There are acceptable grey areas. This is leading to the point I was making. Keep this in mind I will bring this up later.

Strawman? This isn't about 40 people with same mentality standing up in unison. This is about perceived grey areas and a few people out of thousands doing very minor things that are measured in seconds. I see no problem with someone who gets up whenever they want as long as it is not overboard. To do it once or twice a game is not that big of deal imo. Now, you are correct if someone is going overboard or being a major distraction, then that is wrong.

Again, take your time if these questions are getting too tough.

Another throw away line; you are so cool.

And by the way, what relationship does someone cheering because they're enjoying the game have to someone else who is IGNORING THE GAME AND INTERRUPTING OTHER PEOPLE FROM ENJOYING IT?

The point at hand is causing "inconveniences" to other fans. Some fans like to sit down. Is it an inconvenience if I want to stand the entire game, while blocking someones view behind me? That is the relationship. What constitutes an acceptable inconvenience to someone?

You act like the people getting up are people who pay no attention to the game at all. Even people sitting do not focus on every second of live action.

No, they're just being rude. Most people who are rude don't usually cause much real damage. In fact, that's usually the classic excuse that rude people give when you confront them.

Let me guess, you're the guy who gets in the "Ten Items or Less" line with 15 items, because it doesn't take that much extra time.

Remember the grey area? Insert that here.

Rude is if someone is being obnoxious. In that case, yes it is wrong. But if someone is being polite and says "excuse me please" as they get by you once or twice to go to the bathroom or grab a beer, that is not rude imo. As long as they are not loitering in front of you.

Let me guess, you are the guy that cries if someone with 11 items is in the 10 item lane because of "principle".

If you're going to attempt to continue, do yourself a favor and stick to the actual point instead of making up bullshit about people cheering,

How is it bullshit? I have seen fans yell at other fans to sit down during the game when they are standing up and cheering. They are into the game, but other fans have blocked views because of the fan or group of fans standing up and cheering. Same concept. They are "inconveniencing" other people during the course of the game. When is it ok? Is it the fact they are "not ignoring" the game that makes it ok?
:dramaquee

bigbendbruisebrother
09-20-2009, 12:32 PM
The off-season and it's associated threads.

DPG21920
09-20-2009, 12:48 PM
But to each their own. I will be sure not to get up in front of you at the game Shoog. :lol

ShoogarBear
09-20-2009, 03:23 PM
You said people getting up during the game is rude. Did you define this? No. Is a kid that is hungry an emergency? Or is it just a kid who has to go to the restroom? There are acceptable grey areas. This is leading to the point I was making. Keep this in mind I will bring this up later.

Every time you bring up this imaginary kid you are creating a strawman. Nobody ever said anything about kids except you. I will give you kids if it makes you happy. Now please get back to the point.

Strawman? This isn't about 40 people with same mentality standing up in unison. This is about perceived grey areas and a few people out of thousands doing very minor things that are measured in seconds. I see no problem with someone who gets up whenever they want as long as it is not overboard. To do it once or twice a game is not that big of deal imo. Now, you are correct if someone is going overboard or being a major distraction, then that is wrong.

Nobody said anything about standing up in unison. I'm talking about them all doing it in live action, as opposed to waiting for the numerous opportunities where they can do it and not distract from the game.

So your argument is, "it's okay if I do it, it's just that everyone can't do it".

You act like the people getting up are people who pay no attention to the game at all.
If it's during a live ball they better damn well be hauling ass to get out of the row. If they're taking their sweet time watching the game that only compounds their idiocy.

Even people sitting do not focus on every second of live action.

What does that have to do with anything? How does that prevent other people from watching the game?

Rude is if someone is being obnoxious. In that case, yes it is wrong. But if someone is being polite and says "excuse me please" as they get by you once or twice to go to the bathroom or grab a beer, that is not rude imo.

No, rude is being discourteous. There's a whole lot of territory between the two. Rude is consciously saying, "I can do (A) which will cause a minor inconvenience to a lot of people, or I can wait and do (B) which will mostly just be a minor inoconvenience to me, what the hell, do (A) because it's all about me, and oh yeah, I'll throw in a couple of "excuse me"'s to justify it.
As long as I'm not being a complete asshole, it's okay."

How is it bullshit? I have seen fans yell at other fans to sit down during the game when they are standing up and cheering. They are into the game, but other fans have blocked views because of the fan or group of fans standing up and cheering. Same concept. They are "inconveniencing" other people during the course of the game. When is it ok? Is it the fact they are "not ignoring" the game that makes it ok?
:dramaquee

So, let's recap: Asking people to wait until a dead ball to get in and out of their seat is the same as ask asking people to not stand up and cheer. And that is precisely why San Antonio Spurs Basketball, Inc., and other sports teams have asked people to respect a dead ball rule.

Because they don't want people standing up and cheering.

phxspurfan
09-21-2009, 09:34 PM
I didn't even know there was a 'dead ball rule.' I just get up and go with my friends whenever we want the freaking nachos. But then again I have usually sat near an aisle and if I was in the middle I would be courteous and probably wait until a lesser game moment to get up.

tlongII
09-21-2009, 09:49 PM
I thought this thread was about me?

B-Hath
09-21-2009, 11:12 PM
-Mike Brown's obscene lack of coaching ability

-LeBron dribbling, bulldozing over his defender, yet still getting the defensive foul call.

-KG and his irate caveman glare at the camera when he makes a big play

-Chris Paul jumping 5 rows into the stands when his defender lays a hand on him.

-Derek Fisher ... for being Derek Fisher

-Dirk pushing out his mouth guard every time he hits a big shot

-Jason Terry, for being a douche

Solid D
09-21-2009, 11:29 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W3As3H4OZ5k/SlVUOWvcTII/AAAAAAAAAPw/Ik6ficAOMOU/s400/Pau+Gasol.jpg

A captionable offense.