PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Sighting

Creation88
09-15-2009, 01:57 PM
walked into the Jamba Juice off of Broadway and Hildebrand and noticed the police chief William McManus. then i look closer and the tall guy sitting in front of him is none other than Tim Duncan.

he was only there for about 30 seconds after we got there. drove off in a silver dodge ram.

cool afternoon.

to note: the police spokesperson guy was also there and an additional cop that was serving as security as they had their smoothies.

the employee said McManus is in there every day and Tim goes 2-3 times a week. he was treating the police guys. made my lunch.

Soul_Patch
09-15-2009, 02:04 PM
sweet, i never seem to see any spurs around town.

Only one i ever saw was eating at Saltgrass off of 281 with my wife. Devon Brown and some subpar looking girl came in for dinner and sat at the table next to us. Was funny to hear their COMPLETE lack of chemistry.

Bender
09-15-2009, 02:42 PM
never have seen tim around. Saw D-Rob 3 times, Kevin Willis once, Malik Rose once. And Avery Johnson once about 10 years ago.

koriwhat
09-15-2009, 02:50 PM

Only one i ever saw was eating at Saltgrass off of 281 with my wife. Devon Brown and some subpar looking girl came in for dinner and sat at the table next to us. Was funny to hear their COMPLETE lack of chemistry.

devin brown is a regular at kennedys bar(blanco/huebner) when he is in town as is that dickhead gregg simmons from the news who tries his hardest to pickup young chicks.

angel_luv
09-15-2009, 02:55 PM
I haven't seen a spurs player in ages.

Only once did I accidentally run into guys from the team- and to my great fortune, it was the whole team.
:)

Normally I have only spoken to players at games or team sponsored events.

Silver21_Black20
09-15-2009, 02:59 PM

Husband and I saw Bruce Bowen at the Saltgrass off 281 a few months back.

angel_luv
09-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Several summers ago, my mom was on the same flight from Houston as Bruce Bowen.
When we were at the baggage claim, my mom pointed me out to Bruce and asked Bruce to wave to me, which he graciously did.

My mom had told Bruce on the plane: I am sorry to see you on this flight because my daughter is going to be more excited to see you than she will be to see me.

:lol

SenorSpur
09-15-2009, 03:27 PM
devin brown is a regular at kennedys bar(blanco/huebner) when he is in town as is that dickhead gregg simmons from the news who tries his hardest to pickup young chicks.

Wow! Speaking of Simmons, I used to see him quite frequently on the St. Mary's strip back in the day, when I lived in S.A. Even then he was trolling for young chicks - and that was damn near 20 years ago. :lol

I aint mad at him though. Go ahead Greg, with yo' bad self! :p:

manufan10
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
That's awesome. I'm not from San Antonio, so I never see any Spurs' player.

TIMMYD!
09-15-2009, 04:06 PM
I have only seen one spurs player and that was at a school event about a year ago.

It was bruce bowen

mrsmaalox
09-15-2009, 04:16 PM
I posted this in the Quattro last Sunday:

"I just saw Tim Duncan at Walgreen's; he and his friend were at the cosmetic counter playing with that spray on hair. Tim was laughing hysterically asking if it works to cover "someone's" bald spot :lol"

Some of us wondered if he was talking about Manu :)

completely deck
09-15-2009, 04:19 PM

"I just saw Tim Duncan at Walgreen's; he and his friend were at the cosmetic counter playing with that spray on hair. Tim was laughing hysterically asking if it works to cover "someone's" bald spot :lol"

:lol

manufan10
09-15-2009, 04:23 PM

:lmao

That's awesome.

Sausage
09-15-2009, 05:05 PM
I've seen Bruce Bowen at HEB twice before, talked to him once. I've also seen Devin Brown and Malik Rose at HEB too. Saw Sean Elliott once at CVS too.

koriwhat
09-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Wow! Speaking of Simmons, I used to see him quite frequently on the St. Mary's strip back in the day, when I lived in S.A. Even then he was trolling for young chicks - and that was damn near 20 years ago. :lol

I aint mad at him though. Go ahead Greg, with yo' bad self! :p:

i'm not hating on him for trying to get some young tail... i am hating on him because he snatched my larry brown (signed by the whole team back in like '91-'92) card and said, "you want everyone to sign this but me?", and then proceeded to sign my card and forever piss me off! you don't do that to anyone especially a 9-10 yr old.

Seventyniner
09-15-2009, 05:20 PM
My dad sat behind the team on a flight from Dallas back to SA in 1993 (back when they flew commercial). He got me Sean Elliott's autograph, but the rest of the team was asleep.

tmtcsc
09-15-2009, 05:21 PM
I've seen players like Roger Mason, Ime Udoka, Sean Elliott and a few others at Wild Fish from time to time after games. Its cool to see them off the court just being normal people.

Wild Fish is trash. The food was just ok and the whole mood and ambiance was dark. I'll pass. I could see going there to pick up a Cougar at the bar though.

tmtcsc
09-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I've seen Tim in the Alamo Heights area quite a bit. In fact, i saw him getting out of his black Challenger at that Italian restaurant off Broadway. I always forget the name of that place. Its around the corner from HEB and near the Honey Baked Ham.

SaTownFan
09-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Dajuan Blair came into the verizon store i work at off 281 and stone oak. I was the first in the store to recognize him and walked up, introduced myself and shook his hand. Great guy!!

tlongII
09-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I saw Bruce Bowen walking out of a Starbucks once. So I stuck out my leg and tripped him...

xellos88330
09-15-2009, 05:40 PM
I saw Sean Marks a couple years ago at the Borders in the Quarry. Also saw D-Rob at a movie theater a long time ago (early 90's), saw TD, Chuck Person and I want to say Terry Cummings at Full Life Fitness. (I think that was the name of the gym I went to play basketball once)

Spur|n|Austin
09-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Ran into The Iceman Gervin at the original Los Barrios when I was living in SA.

Creation88
09-15-2009, 07:43 PM
I've seen Tim in the Alamo Heights area quite a bit. In fact, i saw him getting out of his black Challenger at that Italian restaurant off Broadway. I always forget the name of that place. Its around the corner from HEB and near the Honey Baked Ham.

you're either talking about Sorrento's (right across from where i work too) or Tre Trattatoria.

TheDarkSide.
09-15-2009, 08:04 PM
have seen Tim and family at Costco, i hear from a friend who works there they come there often and timmy's wife is a bitch.

Summers
09-15-2009, 08:11 PM
have seen Tim and family at Costco, i hear from a friend who works there they come there often and timmy's wife is a bitch.

Maybe she just doesn't like your friend. Everyone else who's met her says she's very nice.

Edited to say Jamba Juice is where we stopped so my son could have a drink before his appt with his neurologist. I got him one of those orange cream slushies and, as my 6-year-old is bouncing around the store and touching everything and singing random songs to himself, the guy says, "Did you wnat the energy boost in that?" I said, "Are you out of your mind?"

Chico
09-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Enjoying the Gregg Simmons comments. My friends and I consider him a local celebrity in the Stone Oak area..even got a snap shot with the guy..

spursfan1000
09-15-2009, 09:49 PM
I havent seen a spurs player in public only at games, however I have seen Amare Stoudemire around 2 years ago at river center mall when he was playing the Spurs.

ploto
09-15-2009, 09:50 PM

It might be Ristorante Grissini. They moved from Fredericksburg and Wurzbach to Basse and Broadway. Lots of Spurs eat there.

SenorSpur
09-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Enjoying the Gregg Simmons comments. My friends and I consider him a local celebrity in the Stone Oak area..even got a snap shot with the guy..

He's definitely chased a lot of tail around the Alamo City during his time. Glad to see he's keeping up the fight! :lol

Spursmania
09-15-2009, 11:04 PM

You might be talking about Cappy's. To my dismay, I have not seen Timmy around town, in a long time. I'm still hoping.

DaBears
09-16-2009, 08:07 AM
I remember back inthe day i use to hit the bars around town and would always see Devon Brown or Antonio Daniels.. Even a Greg Simons sighting here and there...

admiralsnackbar
09-16-2009, 08:36 AM
I havent seen a spurs player in public only at games, however I have seen Amare Stoudemire around 2 years ago at river center mall when he was playing the Spurs.

Damon.

tmtcsc
09-16-2009, 08:40 AM
It might be Ristorante Grissini. They moved from Fredericksburg and Wurzbach to Basse and Broadway. Lots of Spurs eat there.

Yes ! That's it. Grissini. He also liked to go to Le Peep.

tmtcsc
09-16-2009, 08:43 AM
You might be talking about Cappy's. To my dismay, I have not seen Timmy around town, in a long time. I'm still hoping.

I spoke to Hank Egan at Cappy's after we lost to Utah in the playoffs about 11 or 12 years ago. He was a nice guy and really wanted to vent. We had lost the game. In fact, I think that was the last time we lost to Utah in the playoffs at home.

Soul_Patch
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Funny, a friend of mine saw bruce bowen at Silverado Theater seeing a movie out at 1604 and Bandera Rd. He was in a snack line all to himself, so my buddy went and got behind him, since his line was long and not moving.

All he asked him was, "hey man, you remember when steve nash was guarding you back in the 0whatver playoffs? Why didnt you ever post him up?!?" haha...Bruce said, "aw..that wasnt part of the play!" He said, "yea but you could of right? i mean cmon, steve nash?!?" Bruce said, "look man, im just tryin to go see a movie!" and walked off...

Wish i coulda been there for that one.

tmtcsc
09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
funny, a friend of mine saw bruce bowen at silverado theater seeing a movie out at 1604 and bandera rd. He was in a snack line all to himself, so my buddy went and got behind him, since his line was long and not moving.

All he asked him was, "hey man, you remember when steve nash was guarding you back in the 0whatver playoffs? Why didnt you ever post him up?!?" haha...bruce said, "aw..that wasnt part of the play!" he said, "yea but you could have right? I mean cmon, steve nash?!?" bruce said, "look man, im just tryin to go see a movie!" and walked off...

Wish i coulda been there for that one.

fify

TIMMYD!
09-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm not too sure if it was him but I think I saw Zydrunas Ilgauskas at the South Park Mall after one of the spurs games in february or march somewhere around there.

Soul_Patch
09-16-2009, 08:05 PM
fify

lol, thanks

i was never that good at edjumucashun

NoOptionB
09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
McManus is a cool guy.

Old School 44
09-17-2009, 10:24 AM
A few years ago, a good friend mine got married. She's originally from SA. She had a small reception in town. Her husband invited his cousin to attend. It was Sean Marks.

Both Sean and his wife were real nice. We chatted about kids etc., (not much about basketball). At the time, they were relatively new parents just like my wife and I. Even though he's not a star, it was cool to meet and talk to a player in a more personal venue.

1usamotorsports.com
09-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Hill hangs out with us often . Hes a real Down to Earth Guy. He keeps it so real he doenst forget where he came from . Here on this pic I took him to rudys fish on flores . He loved it . This is hill and the son of rudys fish . Hill challenged this guy to eat jalapenos lol

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/34/l_ecb55f7610e9460ca8767a7aaa5a3b4d.jpg

lefty
09-17-2009, 03:32 PM
walked into the Jamba Juice off of Broadway and Hildebrand and noticed the police chief William McManus. then i look closer and the tall guy sitting in front of him is none other than Tim Duncan.

he was only there for about 30 seconds after we got there. drove off in a silver dodge ram.

cool afternoon.

to note: the police spokesperson guy was also there and an additional cop that was serving as security as they had their smoothies.

the employee said McManus is in there every day and Tim goes 2-3 times a week. he was treating the police guys. made my lunch.

Really? Sorry for you, bro

Buddy Holly
09-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Hill hangs out with us often . Hes a real Down to Earth Guy. He keeps it so real he doenst forget where he came from . Here on this pic I took him to rudys fish on flores . He loved it . This is hill and the son of rudys fish . Hill challenged this guy to eat jalapenos lol

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/34/l_ecb55f7610e9460ca8767a7aaa5a3b4d.jpg

Dude, that's south side. :wow

I didn't think Spurs went there unless they were sent for some promotional stuff. :lol

That's badass.

Summers
09-17-2009, 04:28 PM
I think it's funny they're making LeBron wear a Rudy's shirt.

1usamotorsports.com
09-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Dude, that's south side. :wow

I didn't think Spurs went there unless they were sent for some promotional stuff. :lol

That's badass.

Yup . Crazy thing too Me and Hill went to a few used junk yards to find some sport seats and The people who worked at the junkyards freaked out and could not believe it was hill walking around the yard. Hill is a real down to earth guy . :flag:

Buddy Holly
09-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Was that his first time there or is he a regular?

EricB
09-17-2009, 05:52 PM
I was gonna say I've met Tim's wife a few times and shes easily one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Does ALOT of great charity work too.

Fdawg07
09-17-2009, 06:11 PM
In 2003, I was at Mcdonalds off of 281 and Evans and I saw Bruce Bowen sittin at a table eatin a number 1, supersized (Big Mac). Didnt wanna bother the guy though cuz he looked like he was enjoyin that sandwich. but still pretty cool to see him.

I actually met Sean Elliott once ...but at a Spurs game...it was a lil before the game was starting and he was behind the ropes but real close to where the fans were. He saw my friends and I lookin at him so he smiled and kinda approached our way and so we went up to him and shook hands, and had some small talk. that was a great experience!!

1usamotorsports.com
09-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Was that his first time there or is he a regular?

that was hills first time there . They even made a meal there called the
"g hill meal deal " its 3 pcs fish, 3 shrimp and 3 chicken strips fries and a drink . That place showed hill alota love . RUDYS fish on Flores 210-532-1315.
its good food . :flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Sigz
09-17-2009, 07:54 PM
I saw Tim Duncan today.

spursfan09
09-17-2009, 09:16 PM
I saw Tim Duncan today.

But then you woke up?