PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, I don't dig up threads...

Yonivore
09-15-2009, 08:04 PM
...after they roll off page one. File this under "Czar"

NWT7pTcNzb8

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 08:18 PM
The so-called "czars" are nothing more than sub-cabinet political appointees. Every president has them. Appointing them is part of the job.

What exactly is your gripe about them Yoni? The spoils system is at least as old as Andy Jackson.

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Did the neologism throw you off, and lead you to believe something brand-new was happening here?

Yonivore
09-15-2009, 08:20 PM
My gripe?

This happens...

http://media.sustainableindustries.com/images/jones_van.jpg

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
People you don't like get appointed.

How on earth would this ever be avoidable with a President you hate to begin with?

When your guy gets elected, the other side will be screaming from the rooftops about his unqualified cronies. And you'll be defending his right to hire whomever he pleases.

Cycle of life.

Yonivore
09-15-2009, 08:32 PM
People you don't like get appointed.
Don't like? Do you like that self-avowed communist "Truther?"

How on earth would this ever be avoidable with a President you hate to begin with?
I don't hate Obama. I just wish he wasn't the president.

When your guy gets elected, the other side will be screaming from the rooftops about his unqualified cronies. And you'll be defending his right to hire whomever he pleases.
If my guy puts a Communist Kook in a postion of authority, I'll be right beside you screaming from the rooftops.

Cycle of life.
Elections have consequences.

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Don't like? Do you like that self-avowed communist "Truther?"I don't care for the guy, but that's beside the point. I'm not even sure he's a truther. All I know is he signed a petition for yet another 9/11 investigation. Why that should be a disqualification for office beats me.

I don't hate Obama. I just wish he wasn't the president.It's hard to tell. You're very passionate about the guy. You run him down night and day.

If my guy puts a Communist Kook in a postion of authority, I'll be right beside you screaming from the rooftops.CP-USA or DSA? Neither?

I doubt he's really a commie. DSA? Maybe. But we have very few actual commies left in the US. It's not like Van Jones is Gus Hall or something.

Elections have consequences.Sure, one of them being that Presidents appoint guys you don't like, or who turn out to be politically unacceptable for some reason. Sure as earth turns, this will happen again.

What's the big deal?

Yonivore
09-15-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't hate Obama, I just think he's taking this country in the wrong direction and I'm going to point out every flaw I find. I think he's ACORNing our government.

So far, there's some pretty big ones. Van Jones is a symptom, not an aberration.

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't hate Obama, I just think he's taking this country in the wrong direction and I'm going to point out every flaw I find.Fair enough. But picking every nit doesn't make your case more persuasive. On the contrary, it makes you look kooky.

Yonivore
09-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Fair enough. But picking every nit doesn't make your case more persuasive. On the contrary, it makes you look kooky.
Where we disagree is that I (and many others) don't think Van Jones is a nit...he's a symptom of Obama's mindset and designs on how the executive branch should operate.

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 09:12 PM
^^^Sounds paranoid.

Yonivore
09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
^^^Sounds paranoid.
Wright, Ayers, Davis, and Jones...just four of the questionable characters with whom Obama's chosen to associate -- long term.

You call it paranoid, I call it a pattern.

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Paranoids always see a pattern.

It means they're out to get you.

Winehole23
09-15-2009, 09:32 PM
En serio, I don't really see how Wright, Ayres, Davis (who?) and Jones are a present worry. Obama put Wright and Jones to the curb, his association with Ayres wasn't very deep, and who the hell is Davis?

And what the hell do any of them have to to with what Obama is doing right now?

ChumpDumper
09-15-2009, 09:32 PM
How many czars did Bush have?

Yonivore
09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Paranoids always see a pattern.

It means they're out to get you.
You don't think Wright, Davis, Ayers, Jones, and Obama are of the same cloth?

Critics who want to be benevolent say Obama associated with these people to earn his radical activist creds. I think it's more. You don't think these relationships mean anything.

Obama claims Frank Marshall Davis was his mentor. What do you know about him?

Obama sat in a pew in Wright's church for 20 years. Would you have? And, why did he?

Obama worked with and for Bill Ayers and allowed him to host his political coming out party. Is that a sign of good judgment?

Obama courted Van Jones to join his administration...and it wasn't just a petition to request another investigation into 911, it stipulated some pretty obscene premises up front. Would you have signed?

Obama has been immersed in this filth for most of his adult life; it's either bad judgment or he's comfortable with the type.

Yonivore
09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
How many czars did Bush have?
Asked and answered. I don't know...why don't you go find out.

ChumpDumper
09-15-2009, 09:39 PM
What makes you think I haven't already done so?

No, I rather enjoy watching you bitch and moan in such a hypocritical and ignorant fashion.

My question here is a way of pointing that out to the others.

Yonivore
09-15-2009, 09:41 PM
I rather enjoy watching...
Watch away...don't expect me to get into another 4 hour flame war, again, anytime soon.

ChumpDumper
09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Same ol' Yoni.

Your ignorance of the number of Bush czars is as entertaining as it is undermining to your bitching about them now.