PDA

View Full Version : A goldmine of fun fro mthe early 90s

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Even these short highlights really remind you of just how great the teams of the early 90s were, and how somehow the NBA had more of a spark than it does today. It was more genuine somehow.

E9j9mUnHSqY

7Wn_S7XHuD0

t4N6N5nLAbU

8_ZvpYDyHFA

etc.

I'll post the rest of the 90s tomorrow.

Really enjoyed seeing guys like Worthy, Perkins, Horry, Thunder Dan and John Paxson again, not to mention the incredible Scottie Pippen and imperious MJ.

Enjoy! :)

MiamiHeat
09-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Those videos just remind me how amazing Michael Jordan was.

Damn, a lot of fans miss him. Nobody in the NBA since him has had that domination, that 'aura' of "im going to kick your ass and everyone here knows it"

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Those videos just remind me how amazing Michael Jordan was.

Damn, a lot of fans miss him. Nobody in the NBA since him has had that domination, that 'aura' of "im going to kick your ass and everyone here knows it"

Cept that year he didn't want to suffer thru training camp, or, practice, and he ended up with Hardaway & the Magic making him their bitch.

tee, hee.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Damn, I've fixed the title but it won't edit in the actual forum. What's the deal with that?

stretch
09-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Cept that year he didn't want to suffer thru training camp, or, practice, and he ended up with Hardaway & the Magic making him their bitch.

tee, hee.

leave it up to the laker fan to lame the thread out

BUMP
09-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Culburns stuff is starting to get lame and old

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 10:57 AM
leave it up to the laker fan to lame the thread out

You didn't have to cite my indictment of MJ.

& what, you can't go back to short strokin' MJ's legacy because I crapped his bed? You give me way yonder too much power.

Anyway, if we're gonna tear Bryant a brand new rump-a-rooney every time his name is lodged then everybody will have like treatment.

Tit for tat.

lefty
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for posting this.

Yeah, it was more genuine back in the days, and kind of magical.

mavs>spurs2
09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Jordan had no competition in the 90's. There was only one great team of the 90's and that's the Bulls. It would have been nice to see MJ go up against Hakeem, but MJ quit on his team.

lol!

Ghazi
09-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Culburns stuff is starting to get lame and old

Didn't you start a thread sucking his dick a few months ago? :lol

lefty
09-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Jordan had no competition in the 90's. There was only one great team of the 90's and that's the Bulls. It would have been nice to see MJ go up against Hakeem, but MJ quit on his team.

Quitting on his team?

2007 summer Kobe thread

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Quitting on his team?

2007 summer Kobe thread

this is true...but, Jordan gets a quitting thread too...or, at least these mentions of the event.

Tit for tat.

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Didn't you start a thread sucking his dick a few months ago? :lol

Ghazi is right, BUMP. You thought I was the cat's PJs once upon a time.

mingus
09-16-2009, 06:31 PM
i was too young when Jordan retired, but didn't he retire prior to the season? i don't see how you can equate that with Kobe quiting on his team, when he was expected to play.

quiting is when you are supposed/expected to play and then you quit. Jordan "retired," which absolved him of that expectation.

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 06:39 PM
i was too young when Jordan retired, but didn't he retire prior to the season? i don't see how you can equate that with Kobe quiting on his team, when he was expected to play.

quiting is when you are supposed/expected to play and then you quit. Jordan "retired," which absolved him of that expectation.

Yes, Kobe quit once.

Jordan quit twice. The time you mention is when he had retired and then cut in line late...bypassing training camp & practice so he could reap awards that he had not earned. Long story short:::his karma ran over his dogma and flattened it like road kill. Ipso facto: the Magic picked him up off the side of the road and frisbie'ed his lazy ass back to Chicago.

The second time he quit is when Stern found out he was a degenerate gambler and suspended his ass for a year.

mingus
09-16-2009, 06:48 PM
i wasn't aware he was ever suspended, so i won't comment on it.

but when he retired and came back, he ultimately did it to help his team. if you want to look at things cynically, you can assume he did it for the selfish reasons you pointed out. but unless there's evidence that he did it for those selfish reasons, then those accusations shouldn't be taken into account.

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
i wasn't aware he was ever suspended, so i won't comment on it.

but when he retired and came back, he ultimately did it to help his team. if you want to look at things cynically, you can assume he did it for the selfish reasons you pointed out. but unless there's evidence that he did it for those selfish reasons, then those accusations shouldn't be taken into account.

Well, accusations fly back & forth continuously on this Forum. If it's good enough for my people then by God it will be good enough for everyone else.

And that is pure horseshit. If you ain't got the class to work with that team the whole entire way then you ain't shit. And justly, Jordan was not rewarded for his quitting. Orlando humiliated him in front of the entire nation. He got exactly what he deserved.

bostonguy
09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Well, accusations fly back & forth continuously on this Forum. If it's good enough for my people then by God it will be good enough for everyone else.

And that is pure horseshit. If you ain't got the class to work with that team the whole entire way then you ain't shit. And justly, Jordan was not rewarded for his quitting. Orlando humiliated him in front of the entire nation. He got exactly what he deserved.

How exactly did Orlando humiliate MJ? It took them 6 games to beat the Bulls in 1995. Hell I don't even think Orlando even blew them out once in that entire series. If anything, Chicago humiliated Orlando in 1996 when they swept them.

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 07:37 PM
How exactly did Orlando humiliate MJ?

When Jordan went to sleep, and Anderson stole it from behind on that crucial play. Remember? Yeah, you remember.

And unlike '95 when Jordan tried unsuccessfully to cheat the house--he showed up for training camp & practice in '96.

bostonguy
09-16-2009, 07:43 PM
When Jordan went to sleep, and Anderson stole it from behind on that crucial play. Remember? Yeah, you remember.

And unlike '95 when Jordan tried unsuccessfully to cheat the house--he showed up for training camp & practice in '96.

Yeah that steal was in game 1. I don't know if I could call MJ lazy and trying to skip the steps needed to win a championship. Then again that is your view and I respect it.

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 07:47 PM
How the Hell in there a legit alternate view? He's like this Favre asshole. Lazy shits.

mingus
09-16-2009, 08:46 PM

that's the most retarded logic i've ever seen. so when P.J. Brown came in for the Celtics when they won it all, he wasn't shit, either?

Michael Jordan was still in retirement when his team was in training camp. he never let down the team because he wasn't expected to be at training camp. it wasn't an obligation. the fact that he made his decision to come in later in the season says nothing about the fact that he quit on his team for not showing up to training camp because, for whatever reason, he wasn't ready to play. again, the team never expected anything from him as far as training camp, so he never let them down.

and i looked up the whole gambling thing and from what i read it's all conspiracy. the grounds for that accusation isn't there.

and WTF did this turn into a damn Kobe vs. Jordan debate? being too young to see basketball on a consistent basis, or to form enough knowledge of the what went on in the 90's, i was kind of hoping some of the veteran posters in here would be able to enlighten. there should be a sticky Jordan vs. Kobe thread in every basketball forum that way it never comes up.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-16-2009, 09:18 PM
:rolleyes

Hey! Wanna argue go somewhere else! This thread was meant to be a place to discuss the good old days, and wonder about what happened to guys like Richard Dumas and Ho Grant, not air out your petty shit. :ihit

Thanks for posting this.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Listen to those crowds! By comparison, everything today seems tame and over-sanitized. I put it down to marketers who, in maximising the money removed from your pockets by their bosses, tend to reduce everything to homogeneity and lowest common denominator. Ugh. I fucking hate the marketing industry.

True there was only one GREAT team, but there were a plethora of very good ones that made the league fascinating: Robinson's Spurs, Olajuwon's Rockets, Malone and Stockton in Utah, Drexler's Blazers, Payton and Kemp's Sonics, Ewing's Knicks, Price, Nance and Daugherty in Cleveland, Mourning's Heat, etc. The 90s was a superb time for the NBA as there were so many competitive teams and interesting personalities.

By contrast, today it's a matter of the top 6 contenders, a bunch of teams who might win an upset playoff series, and 15 also-rans, while marketers and bandwagon fans have sterilised the NBA experience. Go back to the days of personailty, I say!

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 10:00 PM
and WTF did this turn into a damn Kobe vs. Jordan debate? being too young to see basketball on a consistent basis, or to form enough knowledge of the what went on in the 90's, i was kind of hoping some of the veteran posters in here would be able to enlighten. there should be a sticky Jordan vs. Kobe thread in every basketball forum that way it never comes up.

Well, it came up here. And it's stayin' here. Jordan quit. Jordan quit twice and on this Forum that fact will be part & parcel to it's rolling stock.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Well, it came up here. And it's stayin' here. Jordan quit. Jordan quit twice and on this Forum that fact will be part & parcel to it's rolling stock.

Go debate it in a Jordan thread. :rolleyes

Culburn369
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Go debate it in a Jordan thread. :rolleyes

I love how the sensitivities for right is so much keener now that I've lit on this Forum.

tee, hee.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-16-2009, 11:24 PM
I love how the sensitivities for right is so much keener now that I've lit on this Forum.

tee, hee.

What the hell does that mean? You write like a demented Eskimo, which is an insult to Inuit everywhere.

My advice - stop ruining other people's threads with irrelevant bullshit.

Culburn369
09-17-2009, 04:30 AM
What the hell does that mean? You write like a demented Eskimo, which is an insult to Inuit everywhere.

My advice - stop ruining other people's threads with irrelevant bullshit.

Sweetheart, that means that before I lit it was, I say it was A-OK to ruin "other's people's threads with irrelevant bullshit"...and to just blister a Laker's ass without a shred of confirmation. Well, I just brought a consistent mood of empathy to the Forum of NBA.

Oh, yeah,,,

Nada hey.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Sweetheart, that means that before I lit it was, I say it was A-OK to ruin "other's people's threads with irrelevant bullshit"...and to just blister a Laker's ass without a shred of confirmation. Well, I just brought a consistent mood of empathy to the Forum of NBA.

Oh, yeah,,,

Nada hey.

Are you stoned, or is English your 3rd language? :lol

#2!
09-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for posting this.

Its called getting older. also the more time put in between NBA fans and the 2000s the more you'll hear things like "today's game just isn't the same. remember when we used to have Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, Dwight Howard, KG, Dirk, and JKidd all battling out in the finals every year...what an amazing time in basketball."

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Its called getting older. also the more time put in between NBA fans and the 2000s the more you'll hear things like "today's game just isn't the same. remember when we used to have Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, Dwight Howard, KG, Dirk, and JKidd all battling out in the finals every year...what an amazing time in basketball."

I think it's more than that. Look at how wild the crowds are in those clips - a lot of that has gone in the era of high ticket prices and people occupying seats who don't really give a shit about basketball.

Then there are the rule changes - ticky-tack foul calling, no hardness to the game any more. Back in the early 90s when the Knicks and Bulls played each other it was a truly physical game, but reffed under today's rules those games would be stopped due to a lack of players left to take the court.

And then there's the inexorable move towards the highlight play above and beyond real basketball (ie. team skill). Thankfully the Spurs continue to play the team game, but they are one of the few teams who truly do.

Culburn369
09-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Thankfully the Spurs continue to play the team game, but they are one of the few teams who truly do.

A GIGANTIC RASPBERRY GOES RIGHT HERE,,,,

next to my douche bag.