PDA

View Full Version : Spurs, SA Food Bank Visit

spursdotcom
09-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Blair, Hill, Williams, McClinton and Gist all helped fill goody bags for school-aged kids.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/090916_foodbank.html

:toast

rayray2k8
09-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Awesome video! Thanks.
Nice to see these guys working together on something. :lol
Be nice to have some of them playing next season.

ambchang
09-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Blair ate most of that stuff afterwards.

timtonymanu
09-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Hairston was there too. there's the future lineup right there.

EricB
09-16-2009, 03:43 PM
:lol @ McClinton yawning and trying to stay awake at the woman's instructions in the beginning.

spursdotcom
09-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Hairston was there too. there's the future lineup right there.

My bad, yes Malik was there too. My counting went 1-2-4-5-6 today.

rayray2k8
09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Damn, that lady at the end had a set of lungs. Even scared some of the players. :lol

TIMMYD!
09-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I wonder what DeJuan whispered in James Gist ear.

TIMMYD!
09-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Damn the lady yelled fuckin' loud.

lurker23
09-16-2009, 07:06 PM
It seems more and more likely that Gist and McClinton are going to sign for training camp.

I think if it was a done deal, it would have happened already.

I still think they'll try to get one or both of them to go to Europe.

Kori Ellis
09-16-2009, 07:12 PM
I think if it was a done deal, it would have happened already.

I still think they'll try to get one or both of them to go to Europe.

Most overseas teams have already snagged their players by now. I'm guessing they'll both come to camp and see if by some fluke they can make the roster. Then either go to DLeague or get leftover offers from Europe. Around this time of year, the decent money deals overseas are all getting taken.

lurker23
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Most overseas teams have already snagged their players by now. I'm guessing they'll both come to camp and see if by some fluke they can make the roster. Then either go to DLeague or get leftover offers from Europe. Around this time of year, the decent money deals overseas are all getting taken.

True, but from the sound bites I've heard from the organization, it sounds like they're high on Hairston, Williams, Gist, and McClinton. If you sign all 4 to camp, you're guaranteed to lose the rights to 2 of them, and potentially 3 if you choose to carry 14 guys into the season. I guess the Spurs could be looking at this from a different angle than me, but if I'm the Spurs, that kind of decimation of domestic rights is unacceptable.

Kori Ellis
09-16-2009, 07:26 PM
True, but from the sound bites I've heard from the organization, it sounds like they're high on Hairston, Williams, Gist, and McClinton. If you sign all 4 to camp, you're guaranteed to lose the rights to 2 of them, and potentially 3 if you choose to carry 14 guys into the season. I guess the Spurs could be looking at this from a different angle than me, but if I'm the Spurs, that kind of decimation of domestic rights is unacceptable.

Yeah true. I just thought I read McClinton say that he was going to be in camp. And I assumed Hairston will be, since he's partially guaranteed. The Spurs don't hold Williams right's anymore (as far as I know). So the only person that I would think they might push to Europe before training camp to retain his rights would be Gist.

lurker23
09-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah true. I just thought I read McClinton say that he was going to be in camp. And I assumed Hairston will be, since he's partially guaranteed. The Spurs don't hold Williams right's anymore (as far as I know). So the only person that I would think they might push to Europe before training camp to retain his rights would be Gist.

I assume Hairston and Williams will be in camp. As you said, Hairston has a partially guaranteed deal. Also, Williams is still under contract from the deal he signed with the team in April, with un-guaranteed money for this year and next.

TDMVPDPOY
09-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I wonder what DeJuan whispered in James Gist ear.

he wants his pair of knees.....

MoSpur
09-16-2009, 10:15 PM
:lol @George Hill calling thay lady a drill instructor.

EricB
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
It seems unlikely that either of the two players will want to go overseas. Jack is already a 25 year old rookie and Gist has his heart set on playing in the NBA this season.

It is not unheard of for players sign overseas well after the NBA season is underway. Anyone remember Darius Washington? If I am not mistaken he signed with a team overseas in December after the Spurs cut him.

McClinton is 25? Huh?