PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite racist resturant is in the news again.

phyzik
09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20940073/detail.html

Cracker Barrel Beating May Be Hate Crime

MORROW, Ga. -- The FBI is investigating the beating of an African-American woman by a white man at a Cracker Barrel restaurant as a possible hate crime.

Morrow police said they arrested Troy Dale West, of Poulan, Ga. after he attacked Tasha Hill after she asked him to "be careful" at a Cracker Barrel restaurant.

Morrow police were called to the Cracker Barrel restaurant on Southlake Plaza Drive in Morrow Sept. 9 at 7:30 p.m.

Upon arrival, officers said they located the female victim and called for EMTs and Fire Department officials to assist. At the same time, the alleged offender in the case, Troy West, was detained at the scene, police said.

Police said an investigation revealed that the female victim, identified as Tasha Hill, was entering the Cracker Barrel with her 7-year-old daughter as West was leaving the restaurant. As West was leaving, the exit door came close to striking the 7-year-old daughter of the victim, police said. Hill, by all witness accounts, politely asked West to be careful, officials said.

"The man slung open the door pretty hard and fast and I had to push my daughter out of the way. I turned to the man and I just said, 'Excuse me sir, you need to watch yourself you almost hit my daughter in the face.' And from there it just went downhill," said Hill.

At that point, West became enraged and began to beat the victim in front of her 7-year-old daughter, according to police. Hill said she told West she was an Army servicemember and she did not want any trouble.

West threw her to the ground and hit her in the head with his fists and feet, police said. During the exchange, witnesses said West could be heard screaming racial slurs at the victim.

"Then he punched me in my face," said Hill. "And I fell to the ground and he proceeded to punch in my head and face."

Many witnesses stepped up to assist police in the investigation by providing written statements as to the events that transpired. Cracker Barrel was also helpful to police in this investigation, Morrow police said.

This case has been referred to the FBI Civil Rights Division for a possible violation of Federal Hate Crime Laws.

Once officers obtained witness statements on the scene and looked at video surveillance from the Cracker Barrel, West was arrested and charged with battery, disorderly conduct, and cruelty to children in the first degree.

West has bonded out of jail.

CuckingFunt
09-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Cracker Barrel? I was expecting Waffle House.

jman3000
09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't know if that was race related or not... but geez what a fucking ass hole. Beating the mom up in front of her 7 yr old daughter? Dude has issues.

phyzik
09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Cracker Barrel? I was expecting Waffle House.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/09/national/main642287.shtml

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050618/news_1b18cracker.html

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/10/18/chris_rock_s_mother_to_sue_cracker_barre

Cracker Barrel is always in the middle of some racism stuff. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
09-16-2009, 04:21 PM
wauw. nauw that's auful.

JoeChalupa
I thought it was Denny's

I. Hustle
And nobody helped her? They all saw enough to be witnesses but noone stepped up?

JoeChalupa
09-16-2009, 04:22 PM
More Kanye West fallout?

BacktoBasics
09-16-2009, 04:23 PM
So if I beat a dude in overalls and call him a dumb fucking redneck I'm a racist? I'm sure the guy was just trying to remind her of her dark pigment. No harm in that.

jack sommerset
09-16-2009, 04:24 PM
WTF was a black women eatting at the Cracker Barrel in the first place.

manufan10
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
And nobody helped her? They all saw enough to be witnesses but noone stepped up?

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that. They were all willing to be witnessed but no one knocked him out or helped stop him from hitting her.

manufan10
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM

:lmao

CosmicCowboy
09-16-2009, 04:29 PM

:lmao

My thought exactly. It's a CRACKER barrel. They even warned her with the name. It would be like me startin shit at a soul food restaurant.

BacktoBasics
09-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Never get involved in a black melee. There's always a gun.

CuckingFunt
09-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Based on the information in the article, I'm frankly surprised that it's being investigated as a hate crime. I have no idea whether or not her race had anything to do with the guy's reaction, but it would seem odd to jump to that conclusion if there weren't any specific comments or epithets thrown out during the attack. Dude may be a racist, but he may also just be a prick with a short temper and an inability to control himself.

BacktoBasics
09-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Based on the information in the article, I'm frankly surprised that it's being investigated as a hate crime. I have no idea whether or not her race had anything to do with the guy's reaction, but it would seem odd to jump to that conclusion if there weren't any specific comments or epithets thrown out during the attack. Dude may be a racist, but he may also just be a prick with a short temper and an inability to control himself.Witnesses said they heard him screaming racial slurs. I wonder if those witnesses were black?

CuckingFunt
09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Witnesses said they heard him screaming racial slurs.

Okay, I see that now. My eyes must have jumped over that line the first time I read the article.

EricB
09-16-2009, 04:43 PM
What if he didn't say any but some people say he did just from being an asshole beating up a woman?

marini martini
09-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Guess he got caught spiking his raspberry ice tea, with his home made "shine"!

CuckingFunt
09-16-2009, 04:44 PM
What if he didn't say any but some people say he did just from being an asshole beating up a woman?

Take the racial slurs out of the equation and that's pretty much the question you have to ask about any witness accounts.

BacktoBasics
09-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Somewhere in here Glenn Beck and Rush will find a way to blame this on Obama.

JoeChalupa
09-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I thought it said he was saying racial slurs when he was pummeling her face?

JoeChalupa
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Somewhere in here Glenn Beck and Rush will find a way to blame this on Obama.

But will Glenn shed any tears over this?

Bigzax
09-16-2009, 05:02 PM
not to mention he's a sexist as well!

TDMVPDPOY
09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
i had to
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs228.snc1/7530_145927419816_501944816_2258451_4375890_n.jpg

NoOptionB
09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
lmao

Soul_Patch
09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I thought it was Denny's

Funny you mention Denny's. I was really good friends with this Korean guy back in highschool, and we used to always go hit up the Denny's at night for coffee, study, or whatever...

One night we didnt have a whole lot of cash, so we pooled together like 2.50ish in change to tip this waiter for a 6 dollar bill for coffee and were leaving. He comes out to our car and knocks on my window to berate me for the tip, saying i could keep it.

I turned around and pelted him with the handfull of change, drove off like the absolute bad ass i am.

Not wanting to let things go, Kenny, Mike, and i went back to the house and contrived a plan to go back to the restaraunt and get this guy fired claiming that he chased us to our car yelling asian racial slurs at my friends who were obviously distraught.

worked...dude was fired...thinking back, hope the guy got on ok...lol...

and before you can do it....

http://9001chan.org/b/29/cool_story_bro.jpg

CuckingFunt
09-16-2009, 09:19 PM
What part about that don't you understand it being racial.

Okay, I see that now. My eyes must have jumped over that line the first time I read the article.

WARRIORNATION
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't know if that was race related or not... but geez what a fucking ass hole. Beating the mom up in front of her 7 yr old daughter? Dude has issues.

are you kidding me? you don't know if it's race related. West was yelling racial slurs as he beat her! :rolleyes

BRHornet45
09-16-2009, 10:44 PM
sons it is CRACKER barrel!!!! only whites allowed!!!

WildcardManu
09-17-2009, 01:15 AM
More important is that woman got beat down in public by a man... wtf