PDA

View Full Version : honeymoon und Spurs

Toni61
09-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Hello @ all,

I am a German boy and I plan a honeymoon trip :married: to my favorite Team the SPURS !!!

I wait since 96 to travle to San Antonio and now March, 2010 I will come to our City. :downspin:

Now I have a lot of Questions :

How can I buy Spurs-Tickts from this two games

03/24 L.A Lakers
03/26 Cleveland

???

Where in San Antonio can I buy Spurs Items Jerseys, T-Shirts Big "Spurs #1" Finger .... and a lot of more ???

Give it a Spurs Sports Bar where I can show Spurs Game in TV?

Sorry, a lot of question but its my first Trip ...

Best regards from Germany
Alex

Bukefal
09-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Cool! I wonder how your wife feels like going on honeymoon basketball trip :) Or is she a Spurs fan also? Anyway, I cant help you since im from Europe also, but I wish you a wonderful time! Congratulations

Darthkiller
09-17-2009, 08:27 AM
you can buy tickets on stubhub.com

Slomo
09-17-2009, 09:21 AM
^^^^
That above is one good advice.

Another place is: http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=spurs where season ticket holders sell their tickets for different games (obviously there isn't anything on right now).

Spurs merchandise can be purchased at the fan store in the AT&T center. The store is open regular hours also on days when there isn't a Spurs game (or any other event - in which case the whole AT&T center may be closed).

There's also a decent selection in any "Academy Sports & Outdoor" store. There are several in SA. For stores locations Google maps is your friend :D website: http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=company/about_us

You shouldn't have any problem finding a sports bar showing Spurs games in SA! It's not like you're in Paris (:flipoff I haven't forgotten! :lol). But I'll let the locals fill you in on the best places.

GoSpurs99
09-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Toni,

What city do you live in? I've been a fan since 1976 and I am lucky enough to be in Heidelberg, Germany.

If you need ideas for what to do in SA, this is the perfect forum!

Drachen
09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Hello @ all,

I am a German boy and I plan a honeymoon trip :married: to my favorite Team the SPURS !!!

I wait since 96 to travle to San Antonio and now March, 2010 I will come to our City. :downspin:

03/24 L.A Lakers
03/26 Cleveland

???

Where in San Antonio can I buy Spurs Items Jerseys, T-Shirts Big "Spurs #1" Finger .... and a lot of more ???

Alex

Wie Geht's Alex,
Ich bin Ian, und ich komme aus San Antonio. Ich war vor 12 Jahren Austauschueler in Berlin. Wie gesagt, Man holt Spurs Sachen im Acadamy (billiger) oder AT&T Center (teuerer). Die Websiten stubhub und ticketexchange sind toll wenn man tickts kaufen will. Tut mir leid aber mein ich habe mein Deutsch verlernt in die letzten 12 Jahren. Hoeffentlich kanst du mir verstehen.

Libri
09-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Hello @ all,

03/24 L.A Lakers
03/26 Cleveland

???

Alex

Don't forget to eat fajitas! :hungry:

NZ Spurs
09-17-2009, 03:23 PM
^^^ That is the best advice of all. Get stuck into the Tex Mex!

For Spurs gear, bring lots of money and hit up the Spurs store at the game.

angel_luv
09-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Hello @ all,

Congrats on your marriage! Have a great trip.

I work in the Terrace Club restaurant in the arena. I am a hostess. If you and your wife are on that level, it would be cool to say hello to you both.

Toni,

What city do you live in? I've been a fan since 1976 and I am lucky enough to be in Heidelberg, Germany.

I was born in Heidelberg and went for a trip there when I was seventeen. You live in a lovely city. :)

Toni61
09-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Cool! I wonder how your wife feels like going on honeymoon basketball trip :) Or is she a Spurs fan also? Anyway, I cant help you since im from Europe also, but I wish you a wonderful time! Congratulations

My wife loves me and so she loves the Spurs :married:

you can buy tickets on stubhub.com

Thanks a lot I think I will buy tikets from this side

^^^^
That above is one good advice.

Another place is: http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=spurs where season ticket holders sell their tickets for different games (obviously there isn't anything on right now).

Spurs merchandise can be purchased at the fan store in the AT&T center. The store is open regular hours also on days when there isn't a Spurs game (or any other event - in which case the whole AT&T center may be closed).

There's also a decent selection in any "Academy Sports & Outdoor" store. There are several in SA. For stores locations Google maps is your friend :D website: http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=company/about_us

You shouldn't have any problem finding a sports bar showing Spurs games in SA! It's not like you're in Paris (:flipoff I haven't forgotten! :lol). But I'll let the locals fill you in on the best places.

Thank you for the grat information

Wie Geht's Alex,
Ich bin Ian, und ich komme aus San Antonio. Ich war vor 12 Jahren Austauschueler in Berlin. Wie gesagt, Man holt Spurs Sachen im Acadamy (billiger) oder AT&T Center (teuerer). Die Websiten stubhub und ticketexchange sind toll wenn man tickts kaufen will. Tut mir leid aber mein ich habe mein Deutsch verlernt in die letzten 12 Jahren. Hoeffentlich kanst du mir verstehen.

I have understand you all what you say ::wakeup

I thanks all people they helps me :toast

About me I am 29 Years old and spursfan since 96 I live by Frankfurt in Germany and collect Spurs Games I have over 500 Spurs Games on DVD :king

and 19 diffrent black Spurs Jerseys Im a diehard Spurs Fan.

Another question: Can I go the a NBA Game on gameday and by a ticket in the Center ? A low seat ca. 40-70$ or all this places not awayleble on gameday?

Wehn I am in San Antonio in a Hotel can I buy items over Amzone and they will send it in the Hotel ?

Alex

Drachen
09-18-2009, 08:35 AM
A lower seat will likely cost about double that if not more, and it will be difficult to purchase them on game day for the games that you have mentioned. These will probably be sold out. I am not sure what Amzone is unless you are talking about buying something on the internet and having it delivered to the hotel. I think you can, but it would be safer to check with the hotel, or just go to the store to purchase it.

Slomo
09-18-2009, 12:15 PM
My wife loves me and so she loves the Spurs :married:

Thanks a lot I think I will buy tikets from this side

Thank you for the grat information

I have understand you all what you say ::wakeup

I thanks all people they helps me :toast

About me I am 29 Years old and spursfan since 96 I live by Frankfurt in Germany and collect Spurs Games I have over 500 Spurs Games on DVD :king

and 19 diffrent black Spurs Jerseys Im a diehard Spurs Fan.

Another question: Can I go the a NBA Game on gameday and by a ticket in the Center ? A low seat ca. 40-70$ or all this places not awayleble on gameday?

Wehn I am in San Antonio in a Hotel can I buy items over Amzone and they will send it in the Hotel ?

Alex

Buying tickets online before the game is more convenient and reliable. The tickets are electronic so you will need access to your e-mail account to receive them (through your provider's webmail?).

As for deliveries from Amazon you need to contact the hotel and ask if they'll accept a package for you. If you are thinking about books, you should know that in the US there's plenty of well stocked bookstores so unless you want something really special chances are they have it in stock. Do a google search for "Borders" or "barnes and noble" in SA and you can probably check with them about books you want to buy - chances are you might even get them to order them for you.
Bookstores in the US are quite different than in Europe, so if you like to read they are definitely worth a visit (I can never visit a bookstore over there without buying at least 2 books :lol).

angel_luv
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Bookstores in the US are quite different than in Europe, so if you like to read they are definitely worth a visit (I can never visit a bookstore over there without buying at least 2 books :lol).

How are they different? I am curious.

Slomo
09-18-2009, 12:28 PM
First of all with the exception of some big bookstores in the major cities, bookstores over here are much smaller. Secondly they are just shops selling books and are open just like any other stores.

In the US most bookstores are open a lot later than the other shops. Most (all?) have espresso/coffee bars. Reading books in the US bookstores is encouraged (not really in Europe). So it's really a difference in attitude - I personally like the US bookstores and I suspect they are more successful than their European counterparts (which is probably why our bookstores are starting to copy the US methods more and more).

angel_luv
09-18-2009, 12:37 PM
First of all with the exception of some big bookstores in the major cities, bookstores over here are much smaller. Secondly they are just shops selling books and are open just like any other stores.

In the US most bookstores are open a lot later than the other shops. Most (all?) have espresso/coffee bars. Reading books in the US bookstores is encouraged (not really in Europe). So it's really a difference in attitude - I personally like the US bookstores and I suspect they are more successful than their European counterparts (which is probably why our bookstores are starting to copy the US methods more and more).

Interesting.

I adore book stores and go in then whenever I find them.

I like the novelty of smaller book shops on vacation.

Two book stores in Europe I most want to visit:

Hatchards in London because I read Jane Austen shopped there.
A book store located in Slovenia. :D

Flux451
09-18-2009, 01:03 PM
das ist kewl!

Hey german buddies. I used to live in kaiserslautern and Mannheim. I live in albuquerque new mexico now. I miss europe so much.

Heidelberg is so beautiful by the way. You are lucky to live there.

janieannie
09-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Contact Ryan Denbow in Spurs ticket sales - tell him Jane Ann Craig referred you. Then tell him your story - you might get a good deal on tickets. The least expensive tickets in the lower level will run you about $85 plus tax and fees and will be on row 14 and up on the baselines - good seats, though. Upper level seats are much less expensive. Check the Spurs website for a seating map. The Spurs always look for unusual stories from fans. Ryan's e-mail is [email protected]