PDA

View Full Version : would you trade manu for an all star that can.....

ducks
04-12-2005, 02:39 PM
play 40 minutes a game night end and night out?

If he can not correct his physical condition you have to think about this. Only because right now he can not even play back to back games. HE is not as old as shaq even. This could cost the spurs homecourt advantage. If he can only play every game of the season playing off the bench just maybe he should be the 6 man. If spurs do not trade him. By the way I like manu and I think he deserved to go to the allstar game. I think he has proven in the 4 quarter he can bring it. I am just trying to discuss what would be good for the OVERALL TEAM not just MANU.

mookie2001
04-12-2005, 02:41 PM
he's coming back from an injury and being cautionary for the playoffs
also every off-season he wont lead his country to an olympic gold medal

SLOVENIAN 8
04-12-2005, 02:42 PM
no!

Spurminator
04-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Depends on the All Star.

MadDog73
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Not yet. Remember, Manu won a Gold Medal this year and has had little time to rest.

Plus, he brings it when he is playing. I've never seen a player expend so much energy on every possession.

That said, if it starts to be a detriment to the team, then of course you must consider a trade. But I think next year he'll be better... better at pacing himself, and better rested after the Summer.

whottt
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Trade Duncan...he's not even playing the first game of back to backs.

What trophy do they give out for playing 40 minutes a night? I want to see what it looks like.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 02:46 PM
*sigh*

Ducks, Manu's problem is not conditioning...he just gets beat to hell because of his agressive "give 110%" style of play...and there is nothing you can do to "prepare" for that kind of pounding...Manu draws a lot of hard fouls going to the rack agressively and thats just the way he plays...

Useruser666
04-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Do you mean trade him for Lebron Ducks? :lol

MadDog73
04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Trade Duncan...he's not even playing the first game of back to backs.

What trophy do they give out for playing 40 minutes a night? I want to see what it looks like.

Good point. Do we really need Manu to play 40 minutes? Would a less effective all-star who plays more minutes really be that helpful?

(it would help if we had some possible names here...)

whottt
04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Manu's also been playing basketball non stop for like 3 or 4 years now...if you ask me he's holding up better than Drob and Duncan have when they have played international ball...

samikeyp
04-12-2005, 02:49 PM

Its the one right next to the President's Trophy. The one you get in hockey for finishing with the best regular season. :lol

whottt
04-12-2005, 02:49 PM
The only guys that do more in 40 minutes than Manu does in 30 are guys that teams aren't going to be willing to trade for Manu anyway...and I'm not sure they'd be a better fit since most of them are low PCT shooting ball hogs.

picnroll
04-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Dwayne Wade in a heartbeat.

SpurYank
04-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Believe me, Pop will trade him in a minute if he believes Manu can only play effectively every other night, with a night off in between.

This is still a business. Pop has no trouble making decisions on behalf of our team. For that, all of us should be thankful.

Let's see. An even-up trade could be for Allen, Iverson, McGrady, V. Carter, or Kobe. All can play the 2 about as good as Manu, even if not with Manu's heart. Can't have everything be even-Steven.

whottt
04-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeah I saw how well AI and Duncan played together this summer...as Manu was giving them(and Larry Brown and Pop) a good buttfucking.

MadDog73
04-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Let's see. An even-up trade could be for Allen, Iverson, McGrady, V. Carter, or Kobe. All can play the 2 about as good as Manu, even if not with Manu's heart. Can't have everything be even-Steven.

Can't see any of those player being let go - well, maybe AI or Carter, but would you really want to trade Manu for either of those?

whottt
04-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I say pull the trigger on the trade for AI...look at how much he helps the careers of All Star Power Forwards...nothing like having a guy shooting 35% taking 75 shots a game....And it'll keep Duncan from taking all those boring high PCT shots....

and hey...AI misses about 30 games every other season and is entering his 30's.....but he averages 40 minutes a game....That trade is a winner if I've ever seen one.

td4mvp21
04-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I actually wanted us to go for Stephen Jackson in the off season and put Ginobili back on the bench. Ginobili still isn't as consistent as Parker, but he has pretty much proven himself a starter. I like the guy and most Spurs fans would be in revolt if he left.

Still wouldn't mind having S-Jax back though. :-)

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Yeah I saw how well AI and Duncan played together this summer...as Manu was giving them(and Larry Brown and Pop) a good buttfucking.

:lmao

Classiccc!

MadDog73
04-12-2005, 03:16 PM
I actually wanted us to go for Stephen Jackson in the off season and put Ginobili back on the bench. Ginobili still isn't as consistent as Parker, but he has pretty much proven himself a starter. I like the guy and most Spurs fans would be in revolt if he left.

Stephen Jackson?!? No way will that thug ever play for the Spurs again after the Pacer Riot.

Sides, we have Robinson now as our resident bad boy. :drunk

ducks
04-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Dwayne Wade in a heartbeat.

wade yes

other players play phyisical but they still play back to back games

ducks
04-12-2005, 03:26 PM
I would not trade manu for ai NO WAY IN THE WORLD

Useruser666
04-12-2005, 03:27 PM
So what about Lebron Ducks???

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Playoffs don't have back to backs, they have lots of TV breaks during games, and big breaks between series when you finish in less than 7.

I'm not worried about Manu bringing it when it counts...

Solid D
04-12-2005, 03:36 PM
would you trade manu for an all star that can.....

Yes, I'd trade Manu for LeBron James straight up! I typed this on an Intel-based laptop running Microsoft Windows XP. Happy? :hat

whottt
04-12-2005, 03:39 PM
NBA Minutes Leaders
RNK NAME GP MIN MPG
1 Allen Iverson, PHI 69 2932 42.5
2 LeBron James, CLE 75 3158 42.1
3 G. Arenas, WAS 75 3082 41.1
4 Tracy McGrady, HOU 75 3072 41.0
5 Kobe Bryant, LAL 63 2580 41.0
6 S. Marbury, NYK

The only guys on that list worth Manu are LeBron, TMac and Kobe...

1.TMac - is has got major game...but he's still kind of an idiot and if he's not dominating the ball his teams don't play that well...it's fine on a team with Yao but I am not sure how well he would fit with Duncan.

And Manu just royally punked him and Yao without Duncan.

2.Kobe - can do anything...including play with a dominant bigman...

But what if Kobe decides he doesn't like Duncan? and Pop? And RC? What if he decides he dislikes them more than winning titles(and hotel clerks)? It's happened before.

3.LeBron...

Ok LeBron.

nkdlunch
04-12-2005, 03:48 PM
I would wait until Manu gets a full summer rest and see how he plays the following season before even thinking about this.

So my answer is HELL NO!

Besides, who would you trade him for besides unrealistic trades(Kobe,Tmac,Lebron,Gil Arenas)?

ducks
04-12-2005, 03:51 PM
So what about Lebron Ducks???

the kidd has the talent but going to your coach to get your friend to play more minutes and not liking the conversion then going to the new owner and getting silas fired.

pop said it best you have to look at the hole package not just the talent

cavs could get more then just manu for james right now. heck holt would give up everyone on the spurs for him because james with all the media attention would mean $$$$$$$$ for him if he sold the team

EasilyAmused
04-12-2005, 03:51 PM
*chants*

HELL NO! HELL NO!

whottt
04-12-2005, 03:52 PM
cavs could get more then just manu for james right now

Ya think?

And what makes you think Kobe, TMac, or even Wade are any different?

So who exactly do you want for Manu then? And please don't say Vince Carter...

caŽlo
04-12-2005, 03:53 PM
lebron and manu would be a good trade :)

but i wouldnt bet on that.

TwoHandJam
04-12-2005, 03:53 PM
I would wait until Manu gets a full summer rest and see how he plays the following season before even thinking about this.
Exactly. I think your question is flawed, ducks. Manu shouldn't need to play 40mpg but probably could handle 35mpg for an entire season if he rested in the summer.

spur219
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Only Lebron James or KG. That is it.

Useruser666
04-12-2005, 04:01 PM
pop said it best you have to look at thehole package

Uh, so if not James then who?

smeagol
04-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Exactly. I think your question is flawed, ducks. Manu shouldn't need to play 40mpg but probably could handle 35mpg for an entire season if he rested in the summer.
Listen to what this man has too say. He know what he is talking about.

Ducks, quit pounding with your phrase, "Manu can't play back-to-backs". He's done it all season. He might not be able to do it right now becasue of the injury and the fact he is wasted due to 3 years of non-stop basketball.

I will bet you all my vbucks (and I have more vmoney than you) he will do just fine come playoff time, and even better next year when he gets three full months of rest time.

TNT21
04-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I can't wait till Manu gets a full off season to recover. He's gonna be unstoppable. Right now, he's playing beat up, but hey, I'll take a beat up Manu over no Manu at all!

bigbendbruisebrother
04-12-2005, 04:25 PM
No.

vanvannen
04-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I agree with those who say this question is unrealistic. Neither Kobe, nor TMac, Wade, AI or Lebron would be traded for Manu. (as a matter of fact, you just have to look at the contract the Spurs gave Manu to realise he is a bargain) How many all-stars are making the money he is making? All of them are making more $$$ but still, some of you guys want to trade him for no-heart TMac or that VCarter pussy.
Give Manu a break, let him rest the entire summer and see what he brings next year.

MeAndBobThrowChairs
04-12-2005, 04:39 PM
lebrons the only one id consider trading manu for, and that wont even happen in anyones dreams.

spursfan05
04-12-2005, 05:01 PM
i wouldnt trade manu for anyone. fuck kobe tmac and lebron they're all the same player anyways

ducks
04-12-2005, 05:13 PM
what has james won?
his teams suck the last month of the season
you want that kind of a guy?

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 05:25 PM
what has james won?
his teams suck the last month of the season
you want that kind of a guy?

Ducks...you are just plain wrong. A player doesn't have to be on a great team that wins an NBA championship to be a great player.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 05:34 PM
*flashback to 1990 and Ducks is typing on his TI "duckese" speak and spell*

"That Michael Jordan sucks! The guy has never won anything! You want a guy like THAT on your team?"

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Stupid ass pointless thread.

ducks
04-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Stupid ass pointless thread.

you bring so much to this thread :rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2005, 05:58 PM
you bring so much to this thread :rolleyes
indeed

Brodels
04-12-2005, 06:05 PM
I can see the concern here. If it becomes a pattern...well, I would think about it.

I'm not so worried about his inability to play big minutes. I'm worried about the beatings he takes night in and night out leading to injuries or shortening his career. He leaves it all out on the floor, and I'm quite shocked that something more serious hasn't happened to him.

You always look to improve the team. The only untouchable should be Duncan, and he probably really is the only untouchable on the team in reality. I expect most everyone here to agree that Lebron is the only player worth trading Manu for, but I think a more objective look (or a look at the situation by non-Spurs fans) would reveal that there are several players capable of bringing as much value each night as Manu does. They might not help the team win in the same ways, but I personally feel that a Ray Allen or a Mike Redd or a Dwayne Wade could help this team just as much.

That's not a bash on Manu. He's a great fit. But he's not the best guard in the NBA, and if injuries do become a problem for him, it might be worth looking at more durable players down the road.

But you don't trade him now.

whottt
04-12-2005, 06:08 PM
I am still waiting to hear who ducks would thinks we could trade him for that would be as effective...

ducks
04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I posted earlier wade
I think he and tp could co-exist
wade is clutch
wade has proved he can play with a big man in the middle

Brodels
04-12-2005, 06:22 PM
I just want to hear Ducks say that he definately wouldn't trade Manu for Lebron James.

leemajors
04-12-2005, 06:23 PM
how is manu not clutch, and how has he proven he can't play with a big man in the middle?

ducks
04-12-2005, 06:27 PM
who said manu was not clutch or could not play with a big man

the question was would you trade him for a guy who can play back to back games and play 40 minutes a night night end and night out

if you keep him as a spur should pop make him a 6 man and play most of the 4?

whottt
04-12-2005, 06:46 PM
The Magic aren't going to trade Wade for Manu...

#1.Shaq wanted to play with Wade.
#2.Wade is much younger than Manu with more upside.
#3.For 2 more years at least he's much cheaper than Manu, that's important to them since Shaq is going to hold them hostage for 30 million a season.

And one negative about Wade...he's doesn't have much range....Manu is just as good at getting to the basket as Wade but Manu is now an great 3 shooter as well, plus Manu plays better D.

So, not only will the Heat not do that trade...but even if they would it's not a gurantee Wade will fit this team better....best thing you can surround Duncan with at this stage is shooters...

Who else? Be realistic...I can just sit here and say we should clone Jordan and trade Manu for him...but it aint happenin'.

So who?

Ray Allen?
vince Carter?
Michael Redd?

MadDog73
04-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I posted earlier wade
I think he and tp could co-exist
wade is clutch
wade has proved he can play with a big man in the middle

Well, then, let's call up Stan Van Gundy and make this happen!

Oh, wait, it's not that easy?!? :oops

EDIT: Holy crap, Whott, you and I think alike!

MadDog73
04-12-2005, 06:52 PM
if you keep him as a spur should pop make him a 6 man and play most of the 4?

Why?!?

1. Not sure Manu won't be able to play 40 minutes next year
2. as Whottt says, not sure Manu needs to
3. what does playing 40 minutes have anything to do with starting? Tim doesn't play 40 minutes, and he starts!

If you want Manu to play during the whole 4th, start him in the first, take him out in the 2nd and 3rd, and then put him back in the 4th.

24 minutes a night! :hat

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 06:59 PM
This is a whacked thread...Y'all keep feeding the duck you are bound to get shit on your shoes...

http://www.aquaticbiologists.com/images/feedgeese2.gif

ducks
04-12-2005, 06:59 PM
has shaq even signed that extention yet with the heat?

Ginofan
04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
IF (and that's a big IF) resting for an entire summer doesn't do the trick...then I think you have to be kind of concerned about it...but a trade? The question is who are you going to trade for and that is available and realistic. I wouldn't want to trade Manu for just someone average player that doesn't bring the intangibles that Manu does...

MadDog73
04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
I thought Shaq had two years with the Heat. wasn't that part of the deal?

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.aquaticbiologists.com/images/feedgeese2.gif

Frenchise player
04-12-2005, 07:02 PM
I think there could be fair trade with some all-stars.
Rashard Lewis could be a good idea to fill the long three need, Stojakovic would be a hell of a shooter with Duncan, Marion too could bring a lot...
But even if all these are fair trades, I wouldn't make anyone of those.

Spurs fans love Manu, he is fun, he has a big heart and is honest.
Malik had that kind of relationship with fans and even if he was a bench player and with a bad contract, a lot of fans were angry with him leaving San Antonio. I just can't imagine how the fans would react if Manu is traded.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-12-2005, 07:07 PM
I like Manu, even if I like Parker more ManuManiac, but if Michael Redd was on the table, a trade I consider fairly realisitic, then I would pull the trigger. Redd is a good penetrater and has amazing range, I also think his being younger is a huge advantage, but he will be more expensive and may not play the same brand of D that Manu brings to the table.

I have always been parital to Jerry Stackhouse's game as well but his age and recent injury problems would have me suspicious. I think that is a trade I would consider. LeBron is never going to be traded for anyone.

I would give Manu up for Carmello Anthony in a heartbeat too, he's a superb athlete, and with Pop's guidance could become a top flight defender, i saw this kid at Syracuse quite a bit *my favorite college basketball program (he Viriginia wins abotu three games a year)* and this kid is a really good guy, he isn't that menice to society he has been painted as over the last few months.

Brodels
04-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I like Manu, even if I like Parker more ManuManiac, but if Michael Redd was on the table, a trade I consider fairly realisitic, then I would pull the trigger. Redd is a good penetrater and has amazing range, I also think his being younger is a huge advantage, but he will be more expensive and may not play the same brand of D that Manu brings to the table.

I have always been parital to Jerry Stackhouse's game as well but his age and recent injury problems would have me suspicious. I think that is a trade I would consider. LeBron is never going to be traded for anyone.

I would give Manu up for Carmello Anthony in a heartbeat too, he's a superb athlete, and with Pop's guidance could become a top flight defender, i saw this kid at Syracuse quite a bit *my favorite college basketball program (he Viriginia wins abotu three games a year)* and this kid is a really good guy, he isn't that menice to society he has been painted as over the last few months.

I can't agree with you about Stackhouse because I just don't think he's anything close to what he used to be. He still seems to be an injury risk and his best days are clearly behind him. He's not a great perimeter shooter either. I'd pass.

I'd probably also pass on a Melo trade. I just don't think Melo 'gets it.' I can't see him being successful unless he's getting a lot of shots, and that won't happen on the Spurs. I'm not so sure that he wouldn't disrupt the offense, and he doesn't bring many intangibles. I think he's a good player, but I don't think he'd be a good fit.

But I agree with you about Redd. He would jumpstart the offense in a huge way. He'd get lots of open shots. He's a pretty good all-around player. Unfortunately, he's probably going to get the max from someone this summer so it could be difficult to trade for him. But if he becomes available, I think it's worth considering even though I love Manu.

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Tim Duncan is arguable the best player in the world right now, and he does NOT play 40 minutes...hmmmm....

Hey ducks, I say we trade Duncan for another all-star!!!

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-12-2005, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=ducks]play 40 minutes a game night end and night out?

Their are no nba player or all star for that matter that play 40 minutes a game night end and night out or prove me wrong.back up your thread if you want to trade MANU for a all star give me a all star player with 40 minutes a game.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=ducks]play 40 minutes a game night end and night out?

Their are no nba player or all star for that matter that play 40 minutes a game night end and night out or prove me wrong.back up your thread if you want to trade MANU for a all star give me a all star player with 40 minutes a game.

granted he has missed some games but Iverson in '02-'03 comes to mind...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/allen_iverson/index.html

Brodels
04-12-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm not advocating that we trade for any particular players on this list, but to answer Alvarez's question/challenge, here are the current or former all stars averaging more than forty minutes per game this season:

Iverson
James
Arenas
McGrady
Bryant
Marbury

So you're wrong about that. There are all stars playing more than forty minutes a game. Whether or not they're worth trading Manu for is an entirely different matter though.

wildbill2u
04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Lets assume you can come up with another all-star shooting guard that you want to trade for. And he can give you Manu's heart, defense, steals, energy, etc....

How do you sell it to the other team? "We've got this guy who's the same as your guy--an all-star, but he can't play back-to-backs or too many minutes and he's fragile. So how about it?"

I think you better go back to the drawing board on this one.

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm not advocating that we trade for any particular players on this list, but to answer Alvarez's question/challenge, here are the current or former all stars averaging more than forty minutes per game this season:

Iverson
James
Arenas
McGrady
Bryant
Marbury

So you're wrong about that. There are all stars playing more than forty minutes a game. Whether or not they're worth trading Manu for is an entirely different matter though.

Wait, WTF??? :wtf

When did I question other all stars playing more than forty minutes?

I'm pretty sure most all-stars play more than 40 mpg. I'm pretty convinced that Manu and Timmy are the only all stars that don't play more than 40 minutes.

When did I question that?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Don't forget how much we paid Manu - very little for his worth. And on most efficiency ratings, which don't even mention all the intangibles he brings, Manu ranks top 5 in the league! You'd have to be offered a fringe MVP type to get value for Manu.

As for the shape he's in, Manu will be much stronger this time next year after a summer off. He hasn't stopped playing ball for an extended period for at least 3 years.

We'd be mad to trade him for anyone but LeBron or Wade.

I wonder whether Pop could teach LeBron how to defend, and whether Duncan would be happy to defer to him... not going to happen, but an interesting thought!

ducks
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
ok maybe not 40 minutes a game but 35 minutes a game should not be asking to much should it?

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2005, 07:38 PM
ok maybe not 40 minutes a game but 35 minutes a game should not be asking to much should it?
WTF is the difference???

Does minutes per game mean that you are a better player and that you have the ability to completely turn games around into victories?

Who cares. We have MAnu and Barry at the SG.

Brodels
04-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Wait, WTF??? :wtf

When did I question other all stars playing more than forty minutes?

I'm pretty sure most all-stars play more than 40 mpg. I'm pretty convinced that Manu and Timmy are the only all stars that don't play more than 40 minutes.

When did I question that?

I apologize. It was CHAMPS AGAIN who issued the challenge, not you. I made a mistake.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Michael Redd??? Better shooter, but can't hold Manu's jockstrap as a penetrator or defender. Plus far more expensive. Nah.

Ray Allen? Love his game, would be great with Duncan, but too old and too expensive.

Carter? You gotta be kidding. He's all about VC's stat line. Major Wanker.

Melo? No way. You can just tell the kid is another VC inside his head. Nice athlete, but skull-fucked.

I keep Manu all the way. He's our man, and he's not finished improving either.

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2005, 07:42 PM
I apologize. It was CHAMPS AGAIN who issued the challenge, not you. I made a mistake.
lol.

that's better.

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Michael Redd??? Better shooter, but can't hold Manu's jockstrap as a penetrator or defender. Plus far more expensive. Nah.

Ray Allen? Love his game, would be great with Duncan, but too old and too expensive.

Carter? You gotta be kidding. He's all about VC's stat line. Major Wanker.

Melo? No way. You can just tell the kid is another VC inside his head. Nice athlete, but skull-fucked.

I keep Manu all the way. He's our man, and he's not finished improving either.
***ding ding ding***
we have a winner

spursfan05
04-12-2005, 08:00 PM
micheal redd for manu? heelll no!!!!!!!!!!!

Hook Dem
04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
http://tinypic.com/4ggfvp

RobinsontoDuncan
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Hey boutons, i brought up all of the same concerns you did in my first post. But those were really just some other players I'm paritial to in this league that I could see the spurs possibly trading for.

Dre_7
04-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Just kinda skimmed through this, so I dont know if its already been said, but... I would trade him for J. O'Neal for sure and MAYBE TMac.

SequSpur
04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Hell yeah, trade him.

SuBZer0
04-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Its the one right next to the President's Trophy. The one you get in hockey for finishing with the best regular season. :lol
lol

SuBZer0
04-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Just kinda skimmed through this, so I dont know if its already been said, but... I would trade him for J. O'Neal for sure and MAYBE TMac.J.O = too injury prone and he is not a swingman - we already have a power forward who is more than capable

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Guys I would trade Manu for:

Lebron
Elton Brand
Amare
Gilbert Arenas
Michael Redd
Shaq
Wade

Dalamar_the_Dark
04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Michael Redd jumpstarts an offense my ass! lol lol!

I wouldnt trade Manu for anyone cept Lebron and Wade. Redd does NOT pass. neither does Melo or Kobe or TMac.

Since we talking trades why dont we do a Parker for Arenas trade? I sort of like the sound of that. Arenas has proven that he can bring it and lead. He can score 40 a night with ease. He can also not score and play well giving out high assists. He loves to set up big man and if he can give Kwame and Haywood those looks. Think of how he can help Rasho Duncan and Nazr.

Most importantly, he is more consistent than Parker and longer. Any comments?

Dre_7
04-12-2005, 10:57 PM
J.O = too injury prone and he is not a swingman - we already have a power forward who is more than capable

So you're telling me that TD at center, JO at PF would not be unstopable?
Add to that frontline, Parker at PG, Barry or Brown at SG, and Bowen or GRob at SF.

NBA championship right there!

pigknuckles
04-12-2005, 11:00 PM

If he can not correct his physical condition you have to think about this. Only because right now he can not even play back to back games. HE is not as old as shaq even. This could cost the spurs homecourt advantage. If he can only play every game of the season playing off the bench just maybe he should be the 6 man. If spurs do not trade him. By the way I like manu and I think he deserved to go to the allstar game. I think he has proven in the 4 quarter he can bring it. I am just trying to discuss what would be good for the OVERALL TEAM not just MANU.

That is the downside of Manu's playing style, it lends itself to injuries. I like his all out style, but he borders on being reckless. If you take away his aggressive style, you take away his asset to the team.

I don't know If you could get the same caliber of talent for 55 mil.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-12-2005, 11:09 PM
SPURS trade an all star for MANU and the all star averages 40 minutes every game I can see it now POP over played him he ran out of gas in the playoffs that is why the SPURS lost we need to fire POP.POP does not know how to handle all star player regular season minutes.fire pop threads all over the the city and radio waves.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2005, 11:11 PM
I don't want Redd to jumpstart the offense. I want him to shoot wide open jump shots when Tim is double teamed.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't want Redd to jumpstart the offense. I want him to shoot wide open jump shots when Tim is double teamed.

hmmmmm...before we surrender lets see how BigDog works out this year for pocket change and an SBC parking pass..

SuBZer0
04-13-2005, 12:58 AM
So you're telling me that TD at center, JO at PF would not be unstopable?
Add to that frontline, Parker at PG, Barry or Brown at SG, and Bowen or GRob at SF.

NBA championship right there!No, not really..We'd still need a SG/SF that could score, provide energy, jumpstart the offense, slash, and have a tremendous amount of heart. Timothy would take a while to truly adjust to the 5 spot. And JO would barely play half the season - he wouldn't be able to learn the system & adjust, AND if TD played at PF during that time (Rasho would obviously play centre), then how would Tim get back into playing centre??

Dre_7
04-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Timothy would take a while to truly adjust to the 5 spot.

People dont understand that Tim already plays center. Everytime there is a lineup on the floor of TD/Horry, TD/Rose, TD/Marks, he is basically playing center. If thats a prob, then they could just move ONeal to center. I think he would have been a great addition to the team. Too bad Isiah wasnt fired before free agency. Oh well, still have a great team.