PDA

View Full Version : Boise St.

Greg Oden
09-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Does anyone else hate these chodes?

CubanSucks
09-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Not so much them but more their espn hype...and their bullshit blue field! And it's not like I'm some bitter fan whose team loses cause of it, I really think having a field the color of your jersey is complete BULLSHIT. That would be like a team that runs the wishbone offense having a jersey color very similar to the ball to make it harder for the defense to tell who has it and...OH YEAH, Texas had that and the NCAA made them lighten their team color cause of it.

DMX7
09-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Everything about them is cheap and gimmicky.

Fermixalot
09-18-2009, 10:59 PM
cheap and gimmicky yes, but them and Fresno State are putting on a show.

-RB from Fresno State has rushing TDs of 61, 69, and 68 yards
-there have been two punts returned for touchdown
-8 plays of 60 yards or more
-13 mins left in the 4th

I'll take cheap and gimmicky.

Pistons < Spurs
09-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Lots of points and lots of big runs

DMX7
09-18-2009, 11:04 PM
cheap and gimmicky yes, but them and Fresno State are putting on a show.

-RB from Fresno State has rushing TDs of 61, 69, and 68 yards
-there have been two punts returned for touchdown
-8 plays of 60 yards or more
-13 mins left in the 4th

I'll take cheap and gimmicky.

I stopped watching after that last run. These defenses are pathetic.

Fermixalot
09-18-2009, 11:23 PM

No doubt, but it was fun to watch the scoreboard get lit up.

IronMexican
09-18-2009, 11:53 PM
After than performance vs Fresno State, they don't deserve to be in the BCS discussion. They lost to Wisconsin.

monosylab1k
09-18-2009, 11:57 PM
After than performance vs Fresno State, they don't deserve to be in the BCS discussion. They lost to Wisconsin.

hey you know what fuck you

http://z.about.com/d/collegebasketball/1/0/v/2/-/-/3113521.jpg

BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

chode_regulator
09-19-2009, 12:06 AM

Was kinda fun at first but hten just pathetic. I mean how the fuck are these guys in the same talk as anyone else in the top 10?

Who do they play that warrants a big win? I mean if Tulsa is the hardest team left on your schedule after 3 games....:downspin: :lmao

vander
09-19-2009, 04:56 PM

tell that to Oregon

vander
09-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Not so much them but more their espn hype...and their bullshit blue field! And it's not like I'm some bitter fan whose team loses cause of it, I really think having a field the color of your jersey is complete BULLSHIT. That would be like a team that runs the wishbone offense having a jersey color very similar to the ball to make it harder for the defense to tell who has it and...OH YEAH, Texas had that and the NCAA made them lighten their team color cause of it.

I agree, they need to ditch the blue field and quit cheating.

dirk4mvp
09-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Everything about them is cheap and gimmicky.

I agree. They're like Florida Lite.

chrisattsu
09-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Vander,

What is your thoughts about Boise and the WAC?

I know guys have pretty well dominated since coming to the WAC in 2001.

My question is -

The current system requires you to run the table in order to get into a BCS game as a non-AQ conference. Since both the WAC and the MWC are non-AQs, is it not better to stay in the WAC to have the easiest road to a BCS game?

vander
09-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Vander,

What is your thoughts about Boise and the WAC?

I know guys have pretty well dominated since coming to the WAC in 2001.

My question is -

The current system requires you to run the table in order to get into a BCS game as a non-AQ conference. Since both the WAC and the MWC are non-AQs, is it not better to stay in the WAC to have the easiest road to a BCS game?

the WAC provides a total BCS error in BSU's favor, I love it. If BSU could get into a BCS conference that's great, but the reality is that it's much easier for BSU to get into a BSC Bowl game by cruising through the pathetic WAC every year.
the only thing that can really stop them from the Fiesta Bowl now is an undefeated MWC team, but there are 3 quality teams in that conference and they also schedule tough OoC opponents, so it's easy money for BSU.
The polls and ESPN seem to buy the BSU hype every year too :king

I think it'd be cool to combine the top 12 teams from the WAC and MWC into a BCS conference, maybe even steal Colorado from the Big 12. but the end result will hardly be any different, one of BSU/BYU/UTAH/TCU will make a BCS bowl game every year, but with no real shot at the championship game.

Girasuck
09-22-2009, 09:49 PM
the WAC provides a total BCS error in BSU's favor, I love it. If BSU could get into a BCS conference that's great, but the reality is that it's much easier for BSU to get into a BSC Bowl game by cruising through the pathetic WAC every year.
the only thing that can really stop them from the Fiesta Bowl now is an undefeated MWC team, but there are 3 quality teams in that conference and they also schedule tough OoC opponents, so it's easy money for BSU.
The polls and ESPN seem to buy the BSU hype every year too :king

I think it'd be cool to combine the top 12 teams form the WAC and MWC into a BCS conference, maybe even steal Colorado from the Big 12. but the end result will hardly be any different, one of BSU/BYU/UTAH/TCU will make a BCS bowl game every year, but with no real shot at the championship game.

I pretty much agree with this although I really believe the perfect storm was set up for BYU this season and they blew it. I think an undefeated BYU team this year would've made it to the championship game, especially if OU beat Texas.

kamikazi_player
09-26-2009, 01:42 PM
I hate BSU. Have a tough schedule like us then we'll talk :)

vander
09-26-2009, 02:22 PM
I hate BSU. Have a tough schedule like us then we'll talk :)

when are you guys going to starting beating someone on your tough schedule, FU, you should be 3-1 right now making BSU's schedule look good :lol

stretch
09-26-2009, 06:31 PM
shut the fuck up oden

j-6
09-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Vander -

An Idaho alum I know told me that the BSU coach probably will never leave because his kid has some handicap and the best facility in the country for treatment happens to be in Boise. Any truth to that?

vander
09-26-2009, 07:30 PM
I hadn't heard anything about that, but I don't really read the local sports news or listen to local sports radio.

I don't know how much you can believe anything an Idaho guy said either, I went to Idaho, and they rabidly hate BSU, they make up all sorts of shit about BSU and are very disconnected from reality when it comes to the IU-BSU "rivalry", if you can still call it that :lol

j-6
09-26-2009, 07:39 PM
I hadn't heard anything about that, but I don't really read the local sports news or listen to local sports radio.

I don't know how much you can believe anything an Idaho guy said either, I went to Idaho, and they rabidly hate BSU, they make up all sorts shit about BSU and are very disconnected from reality when it comes to the IU-BSU "rivalry", if you can still call it that :lol

LOL - he refers to you guys as bjc like the Ags call us tu, bitches about all the Bronco's Cali jucos, and says that kids that couldn't get into UTSA here could pass admissions at Boise. But he really, really hates Washington State and Montana. I kinda found that odd with Montana not even being a D-1 (or FBS) team but Idaho sucks badly enough that they must lose to them somewhat frequently.

kamikazi_player
09-26-2009, 11:02 PM
when are you guys going to starting beating someone on your tough schedule, FU, you should be 3-1 right now making BSU's schedule look good :lol
We play piss poor defense. Pat Hill always comes with the talk, we play anyone, anywhere, anytime, but fuck we've been losing a hellava lot of games lately to quality opponents we should of been able to beat. I seriously think he needs to get fired, the only time he's really done something good is when David Carr was in town.

Trainwreck2100
09-27-2009, 12:17 AM
Oh God they're going to be #6 next week

lebomb
09-27-2009, 08:49 AM
says that kids that couldn't get into UTSA here could pass admissions at Boise.

HELLS YEAH!!!!!!! :hat

Boist St. #5 :toast

kamikazi_player
09-27-2009, 04:36 PM
lol @ BSU being #1 on espn's fan rankings.

Stump
09-27-2009, 04:51 PM
It disgusts me to say it, but I'm starting to think that if all these upsets continue, BSU has an outside shot at making it to the title game (especially if Oregon wins the Pac-10).

DMX7
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
It disgusts me to say it, but I'm starting to think that if all these upsets continue, BSU has an outside shot at making it to the title game (especially if Oregon wins the Pac-10).

Sadly, I think they do.

However, I think the BCS standings will have them rated much lower than the voter rankings even though those are factored into the BCS equation.

J.T.
09-27-2009, 04:56 PM

No they don't, unless Tim Tebow dies. 1-3 probably won't change all year, and then 1 and 3 would play in the SEC title to determine who faces 2 in the BCS title game.

BSU is pretty fun to watch sometimes but I don't like their blue field at all. Shit's hard to watch on TV.

Spursfan092120
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM
No they don't, unless Tim Tebow dies. 1-3 probably won't change all year, and then 1 and 3 would play in the SEC title to determine who faces 2 in the BCS title game.

This. And I hope it's the Horns.

Stump
09-27-2009, 05:44 PM
First off, I said an outside chance.

Florida and Texas have looked a lot weaker to me this year, so it won't shock me to see them lose. Bama is legit, but they also have the toughest schedule of the three. LSU has displayed a lot of weaknesses and will very likely lose at least two. All the other big dogs are at one loss and counting.

BSU, on the other hand, is already at #5 (:wow) and has a soft schedule from here on out.

vander
10-03-2009, 11:48 AM
So assuming BSU and TCU both go undefeated, what are the chances the Fiesta Bowl takes them both instead of the 2nd best Big 12 team? (assuming Texas in the NCG)

I'm guessing 0%

but if there is no 2nd Big 12 team in the top 14, they would have to take someone else right?

I think an at-large team has to come from the top 14 first, so (assuming all conference champions are in the top 14) 4 other teams in the top 14 must be ineligible or less desirable than TCU or BSU. we need Houston to make the top 14, and have 2 conferences combine to put 7 teams in the top 14, perhaps the SEC and ACC, then The Fiesta Bowl would have no choice but to take 2 of BSU/TCU/Houston, RIGHT?

this must happen

:spin

vander
10-03-2009, 06:52 PM
hey, looks like Nevada decided to participate in the 2009 season after all :bang

Greg Oden
10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
bump

vander
10-14-2009, 07:44 PM
this Defense isn't ready for prime time yet, they're a year away

Trainwreck2100
10-14-2009, 10:11 PM
sideline interference?

vander
10-14-2009, 10:18 PM
this is pathetic, I hope TCU gets ahead of them eventually this season. this is not a BCS Bowl worthy team.

dallaskd
10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Boise sucks. OU destroyed Tulsa. Dont really care if they make the BCS, because they'll get smashed anyways.

kamikazi_player
10-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Fuck BSU and their blue field

MajorMike
10-15-2009, 12:49 PM
As someone who was there and watched, Boise is not a great football team. Tulsa is medeocre at best and they had plenty of chances to beat Boise. Ok, so make all the jokes you want about geting used to seeing OSU play and yadda yada, but in going to OSU games, I get to see UT and uo and KU and Mizzou and ttek every year. Boise would be fighting for 2nd or 3rd in the B12 north. They are slow, don't cover well, have awful gap discipline and fall for their own tricks worse than people fall for theirs.

Yay for them, they were able to trick their way to the biggest win of the century and earn some cool points, but this is not a BCS caliber team; which makes me wonder if they ever are.

vander
10-15-2009, 01:36 PM
um yeah, we could all see that from our couches as well.

but don't forget, this is one of the youngest teams in the FBS, which would explain the discipline issues and mistakes. take those away and BSU wins this game just as convincingly as Oklahoma, and we were at Tulsa

:toast

MajorMike
10-15-2009, 02:11 PM
BSU was no where near as convincing as uo and uo wasn't even all that good when they beat TU and were without its 3 best offensive players (uo was).

uo threw 2 picks and had 8 penalties for 85 yards. Boise had 2 fumbles and 3 penalties for 24 yards.

And, oooo, having to play AT TU in front of a capacity 30,000 fans (they were selling tickets for 10 bucks to get a sell-out) who were wet and quiet must be very daunting, lol.

Spin it like you want, the team I saw last night would possibly luck out one game if forced to play the other top 10 teams; maybe 2 or 3 if playing the top 25. Not BCS worthy and I assume everyone else saw what I did and they will drop a few places in next weeks polls.

CubanSucks
10-15-2009, 03:28 PM
um yeah, we could all see that from our couches as well.

but don't forget, this is one of the youngest teams in the FBS, which would explain the discipline issues and mistakes. take those away and BSU wins this game just as convincingly as Oklahoma, and we were at Tulsa

:toast

OH NO! Not AT Tulsa! I'm sure those couple hundred people really made it hard to hear for bs

vander
10-15-2009, 04:22 PM
OH NO! Not AT Tulsa! I'm sure those couple hundred people really made it hard to hear for bs

:lol whatever, there's still no place like home.

I disagree with mike's assessment about how BSU would fair in the B12, I'd put them at the top of the B12 north, but they aren't close to the likes of a Texas or Oklahoma.

this is good though, as I've said before, BSU getting into a BCS bowl game and getting destroyed might get the ball rolling on a 7th BCS Conference.

hey Big 12 fans, how awesome would it be if the B12 South added TCU and Houston and became the B12 Texas :lol the Okahoma's could move to the B12 north (balancing the power between the divisions), who would drop Iowa State (B10+2) and Colorado (Pac 10 or 7th BCS conference)

IMO that would be win-win-win, and would put more separation between the big 12 and pac 10, making the championship game almost a given to be B12 vs. SEC every year unless USC can go undefeated

of course, without TCU, BSU Utah and BYU alone probably aren't enough to pioneer a 7th BCS conference.

but I digress, BSU is better than it has looked recent weeks, the Offense is playing really conservatively, there have been many unforced errors and blown defensive assignments, once those get solved, and this young grows up a little, they will look much better out there.

also, our offensive game plan is more geared at taking down better teams than running over weaker teams. Kellen Moore is diagnosing defenses very quickly and is taking the passes that the defense gives, many of the passes he's completing are the type that will still work against much bigger and faster defenses. at least it would appear that way to me

johngateswhiteley
10-15-2009, 04:46 PM

they have zero chance.

johngateswhiteley
10-15-2009, 04:49 PM
As someone who was there and watched, Boise is not a great football team. Tulsa is medeocre at best and they had plenty of chances to beat Boise. Ok, so make all the jokes you want about geting used to seeing OSU play and yadda yada, but in going to OSU games, I get to see UT and uo and KU and Mizzou and ttek every year. Boise would be fighting for 2nd or 3rd in the B12 north. They are slow, don't cover well, have awful gap discipline and fall for their own tricks worse than people fall for theirs.

Yay for them, they were able to trick their way to the biggest win of the century and earn some cool points, but this is not a BCS caliber team; which makes me wonder if they ever are.

wish oregon could play them now.

Girasuck
10-15-2009, 04:52 PM
they have zero chance.

After last night they now have zero chance. Before last night they had a really good chance.

johngateswhiteley
10-15-2009, 04:53 PM
After last night they now have zero chance. Before last night they had a really good chance.

i'm sorry, but they had no chance before the season started.

Girasuck
10-15-2009, 04:54 PM
wish oregon could play them now.

You're exactly right. Oregon is a completely different team. Our loss by 7 points at Oregon almost looks better than BSU beating them in the first game of the year on the blue turf. The Oregon team now would beat BSU by 20.

Girasuck
10-15-2009, 05:00 PM
i'm sorry, but they had no chance before the season started.

I would agree with this, but that's why you play the games. BSU, before last night, was projected to be #5 in the first BCS poll. That's the highest any non BCS team has ever been in the first BCS poll release. Certain things would have to happen for BSU to get into the top 2 in the BCS poll, but before last night it was a definite possibility. After their performance last night it won't happen.

vander
10-15-2009, 05:53 PM
:lol everyone thinks that BSU's D had nothing to do with Oregon's offensive performance, it was just that Oregon hadn't shown up for the season yet.

BSU would beat them today just like they did last month.

vander
10-28-2009, 12:21 PM
wow, I'm a little surprised that TCU jumped BSU already, what current top 25 teams has TCU beaten? BSU has a top 10 team under their belt, a team that just might beat USC and represent the Pac 10 in the Rose Bowl TCU.

also BYU obviously took a dive just to spite BSU :lol

K-State Spur
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I love Boise (and ilk) until we get a playoff system.

We could have 5 or 6 undefeated teams this year. Blow up the BCS.

vander
10-28-2009, 05:04 PM
I love Boise (and ilk) until we get a playoff system.

We could have 5 or 6 undefeated teams this year. Blow up the BCS.

how many teams should make the playoffs?

vander
11-01-2009, 12:57 PM
:lol

as it stands now according to CBS's rankings

7 of the bottom 25 teams are on BSU's Schedule, add UC Davis and you've got 8 of BSU's 13 opponents in the bottom 25 or worse

:rollin:rollin

DMX7
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
playoffs will take away a lot of the excitement of the reg. season.

gaKNOW!blee
11-01-2009, 03:24 PM

yeah, no one watches the NFL regular season.

Or NCAA BB

Holmes_Fans
11-01-2009, 03:24 PM
No it doesn't.

and Boise sucks.

CubanSucks
11-01-2009, 11:50 PM

So fucking wrong

vander
11-02-2009, 12:13 PM
So fucking wrong

actually he's right, and the NCAA etc. know it

the bowl system generates much more interest and much more money than a playoff would.

but, one again, in a playoff, how many teams should get in and how should they be selected?

rjv
11-02-2009, 12:14 PM
right about now there are playoff advocates growing at boise state, tcu, iowa, cincinatti and even at oregon, miami....

vander
11-02-2009, 02:12 PM
use the bcs to pick the top 16 teams to have a playoff

top 4 get a bye

boom shakalaka

field would have to be 12 in order to give out 4 byes.

that's still too many teams getting in, that means any big time program with a tough schedule could lose 2 games and still have a shot at the title. that would ruin the regular season more than any of you realize.

if there was going to be a playoff system, it should IMO be provisional, and only for undefeated teams.

so in the case of 3 undefeated BCS teams, the 2 lower ranked teams play an elimination game first, or if there are 4 undefeated, an actual 4 team playoff

non-BCS conference teams should not get equal treatment, they would have to have their own elimination round first, and the winner of that can enter the BSC playoffs

so as it stands now, BSU would have to play TCU first
then their would be a 4 team playoff with Cincy, Iowa, BSU/TCU, and Florida/Alabama

that would be pretty awesome and functional

:king

chrisattsu
11-02-2009, 06:10 PM

that's still too many teams getting in, that means any big time program with a tough schedule could lose 2 games and still have a shot at the title. that would ruin the regular season more than any of you realize.

if there was going to be a playoff system, it should IMO be provisional, and only for undefeated teams.

so in the case of 3 undefeated BCS teams, the 2 lower ranked teams play an elimination game first, or if there are 4 undefeated, an actual 4 team playoff

non-BCS conference teams should not get equal treatment, they would have to have their own elimination round first, and the winner of that can enter the BSC playoffs

then their would be a 4 team playoff with Cincy, Iowa, BSU/TCU, and Florida/Alabama

Two other format ideas could work-

The FCS format:
You take 16 teams into the tourney. 11 of your bids would be automatically awarded to the conference champion. The remaining 5 are picked at large based on Record, SoS, whatever.

Once the 16 teams are chosen, the top four teams are seeded, and the pairings are chosen to eliminate major travel. No conference foes may meet in the opening round of the playoffs. The pairings are announced on the Sunday following the final games of the season. The first round of the tournement starts the following Saturday. The winners of the 8 opening round games meet in the Quarterfinals, those 4 winners meet in the semifinals. All these games are hosted by one of the two teams competing on the field that day, but the site is considered a NCAA host site. Ticket prices may be adjusted to the NCAA's liking, as they take a percentage of the revenue. The final two winners advance to the Championship game.

This format could be expanded to 24 if you really wanted to add more teams.

The D2 model:
Conferences are lumped into to 4 super regions. As the season progresses regional rankings come out based on W/L, SoS, OSoS, and other factors. At the end the top 6 teams in each region advance. #1 and #2 get first round byes, while #3 hosts #6 and #4 hosts #5. Games are played the higher seed.

The benefit of this is that you get to host more games, but if you have to travel most of your games are geographically close. The downside of course is that you never know where you are going from one day to the next. At least with the bowl system, you have a month to plan for one game. You can book your travel, lodging, and whatever with plenty of notice.

vander
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
you still aren't getting how letting 16 teams into the playoffs would detract from the regular season. you can deny it, but that's just plain ignorance. college football thrives on every game being must-win. you absolutely can not throw that away.

CubanSucks
11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
you still aren't getting how letting 16 teams into the playoffs would detract from the regular season. you can deny it, but that's just plain ignorance. college football thrives on every game being must-win. you absolutely can not throw that away.

No, college football thrives on rivalry and tradition. I would still be just as much into the Texas/A&M game even if it wouldn't make a difference in the post season.

Ever wonder why the playoff argument is passionately brought up with college football but the BCS style argument is never brought up with any sport on any level? BECAUSE WHEN COMPETITION IS CONCERNED THE BCS DOESN'T MAKE A BIT OF SENSE! It's ultimately a guessing game

vander
11-02-2009, 08:44 PM
No, college football thrives on rivalry and tradition. I would still be just as much into the Texas/A&M game even if it wouldn't make a difference in the post season.

Ever wonder why the playoff argument is passionately brought up with college football but the BCS style argument is never brought up with any sport on any level? BECAUSE WHEN COMPETITION IS CONCERNED THE BCS DOESN'T MAKE A BIT OF SENSE! It's ultimately a guessing game

when does this happen? I never hear anyone get passionate about it unless it's the fans of a team they think is getting screwed.
for the most part everyone likes the system, and the people invested in college football especially like it.

and how many times do I have to explain how College football isn't comparable to other sports? what other sport has 120 teams competing for a championship on a 12 game schedule with obscene disparity in the strength of schedules. and what other sport is as successful as college football anyways? college FB >>>>>>>>>>>>> college BB and it's tournament :rolleyes

the BCS works brilliantly if there are less than 3 undefeated teams, and actually, as time goes by, it will get harder and harder for anyone to go undefeated. the pool of talent grows, but the amount of colleges stays the same.

if there weren't more than 2 undefeated teams, what is your beef with the BCS? how does it fail?

edit: and college football does not thrive financially on rivalries, it thrives financially by being able to rope in the casual viewer every single week, and by making games important to fans of teams other than the 2 on the field. every game on TV on Saturday effects many other teams besides the 2 playing, and therefore draws many more viewers.

tlongII
11-02-2009, 09:44 PM
The BCS sucks ass. If the D-1A teams can do a playoff there is no reason that D-1 can't do it. The problem is that the BCS Bowls are paying off the NCAA executives. I'm sure of it. (and yes I know it isn't called D-1A or D-1 anymore...)

j-6
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM

And then Texas, undefeated and left out of your scenario, bitches up a storm and ruins your system. I'm to the point that I think they should get the best teams from I-AA (and increase their scholarships) and put the non-BCS conferences with them and do a playoff. Like Texas 4A or something. That almost seems like the only way to really do this - it's completely unfair that Boise can assrape Oregon, run the table, and still not get a bid to the big game. Or that TCU can go on the road, rough up two ACC teams and beat a couple top 25 teams in their own conference and pray for an at-large.

If I am TCU or Boise, I am all over the Cincy bandwagon. They may prove this system doesn't work if they run the table and get stuck playing Georgia Tech or something in the Forgettable Bowl.

DMX7
11-02-2009, 09:49 PM
yeah, no one watches the NFL regular season.

Or NCAA BB

The NFL and NCAA BB are not college football. And I didn't say no one would watch it.

This.

vander
11-02-2009, 10:14 PM
And then Texas, undefeated and left out of your scenario, bitches up a storm and ruins your system. I'm to the point that I think they should get the best teams from I-AA (and increase their scholarships) and put the non-BCS conferences with them and do a playoff. Like Texas 4A or something. That almost seems like the only way to really do this - it's completely unfair that Boise can assrape Oregon, run the table, and still not get a bid to the big game. Or that TCU can go on the road, rough up two ACC teams and beat a couple top 25 teams in their own conference and pray for an at-large.

If I am TCU or Boise, I am all over the Cincy bandwagon. They may prove this system doesn't work if they run the table and get stuck playing Georgia Tech or something in the Forgettable Bowl.

:lol I forgot all about Texas, but it would still work, the provisional playoff system would be flexible, you just have one more elimination game with the 2 lowest ranked undefeated teams.

GuitarCrazyo
11-05-2009, 01:59 PM
The mountain pictures are really nice. I also like the pictures with housing stock and Downtown in them. Boise looks like a city that has a great urban fabric despite not being on the national radar.

Trainwreck2100
11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
The mountain pictures are really nice. I also like the pictures with housing stock and Downtown in them. Boise looks like a city that has a great urban fabric despite not being on the national radar.

i smell a spammer

The Reckoning
11-05-2009, 02:19 PM

i had to drive through boise to get to seattle once.

worst fucking city ive ever been in.

lebomb
11-05-2009, 02:20 PM

............does it matter? for gods sake we have a mythical champ now. :rolleyes

vander
11-05-2009, 03:43 PM
............does it matter? for gods sake we have a mythical champ now. :rolleyes

yeah the NY Giants were really the best team in football in 07/08 :rolleyes

football teams fluctuate from week to week, it's good that we have a system, with a human element, that takes the body of work from a whole season rather that throwing it away and saying that teams 1-8 or teams 1-16 are equal and putting them in a single elimination tournament.

on a side note, way to many teams get into the playoffs in the NFL, they need to cut the field in half, or 8 at the most. and those "divisions" what a joke, they need to cut those in half too, 4 divisions total, make winning a division mean something again.

vander
11-09-2009, 09:57 PM
DUq_ig5Wlgk

I guess I'm making this like the ****Official BSU Thread****

man, I've been down on the team this year, but they are definitely more talented than the 06 Fiesta Bowl team

vander
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
How many teams in the top 10 have beaten another top 10 team?

that's right, just one :king

Greg Oden
11-27-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm so cool! I play on a blue field!

Spursfan092120
11-27-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm so cool! I play on a blue field!
:lmao:lmao
Sometimes you say some of the funniest shit. But on the real...Boise St. is lame and overrated.

vander
11-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Sometimes you say some of the funniest shit. But on the real...Boise St. is lame and overrated.

so's Texas, Alabama, Cincy, TCU, Ok State etc. the only "for real" team is Florida, the rest aren't much better then BSU

The Reckoning
11-28-2009, 10:36 AM
so's Texas, Alabama, Cincy, TCU, Ok State etc. the only "for real" team is Florida, the rest aren't much better then BSU

besides four games this year where their "for real" -ness wasn't for real.

and i agree...tebow is most def the most underrated qb in the nation!

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 12:01 PM
the only "for real" team is Florida
That is so funny on so many levels.

CubanSucks
11-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Like I said in my first post in this thread, the ONLY beef I have with BSU is their bullshit blue field. I can't stand all that garbage talk about teams not wanting to go up there. It's like, NO SHIT WE DON'T WANNA PLAY THERE! We can't fucking see them! Until they change their field to green like EVERYONE ELSE, or at least wear their away jerseys on that field, I can't take them seriously

vander
11-28-2009, 04:36 PM
yeah, it's busch league, if they won't change it themselves, NCAA needs to make them change it

or the AQ conference that invites them should mandate a change :eyebrows:eyebrows

symple19
01-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Pat Forde...Stirring it up.
No. 1 in 2010? It's a no-brainer
Comment Email Print Share
By Pat Forde
ESPN.com
Archive
Where would you rank the following team going into the 2010 season?

It is coming off a 14-0 season capped by a victory in a BCS bowl. It returns 21 of 22 starters from a team that finished the 2009 season ranked in the top five. It loses the fewest graduating players in the entire country -- five seniors, just three of whom dressed for its bowl game, just one of whom played a significant role in that game. It returns the nation's most efficient quarterback during the regular season, a 1,000-yard rusher, a 1,000-yard receiver and a complete offensive line. The defense returns its top tackler, top sacker and leading interceptor. The guy who handles punting and place-kicking is back. The core of an excellent coaching staff also is expected to be intact.

No-brainer, right?
That team has to be ranked No. 1.
But when you put a name on that team, and that name is Boise State, watch the voters suddenly fall out of love with the Broncos.
They can grudgingly accept voting them into the top five at season's end -- because the results demand it. But putting them on top at season's beginning? That novel concept will meet a bourgeois backlash.
It's wrong, but it will happen. Watch it. College football's age-old laundry issue will rear its ugly head again.
If the Broncos wore, say, Florida's laundry, or USC's, or Ohio State's, they'd be the landslide No. 1 team heading into next season. Amazing how much a team's uniform and tradition can affect how we look at it.
But because the Broncos don't dress in the gear of an old-money superpower, and because their turf is blue and their conference is the Western Athletic, not the SEC or Big Ten, they will not start the season on top.
Boise State should be No. 1 going into 2010, and it will be on my ESPN.com power rankings unless something catastrophic happens in the offseason. The Broncos have taken loaded to a new level, returning more experience than any other team I can remember from one season to the next. The single starter who is leaving is a great one -- cornerback Kyle Wilson, a cinch NFL draft pick -- but he is the only loss.

Will voters do right by Boise and make the Broncos the preseason No. 1 heading into 2010?
Alabama figures to be the heavy favorite for '10, and on one level, I can understand that. But don't tell me the Crimson Tide have anywhere near as much coming back as Boise State. The Tide started 10 seniors in the BCS National Championship Game on Thursday night, plus clutch kicker Leigh Tiffin and punter P.J. Fitzgerald. They likely will lose superstar junior linebacker Rolando McClain as well and possibly junior cornerback Kareem Jackson.

There certainly is more rebuilding work to be done in Tuscaloosa than in Boise.
You also will hear a lot of buzz about Ohio State as a 2010 title contender. The Buckeyes don't lose much -- but they still lose more than the Broncos, and they finished this season behind Boise in the rankings. No way Ohio State should start ahead of Boise in the polls.
We all know the knock on Boise State is its schedule, and there is no denying that this season's slate was soft. The WAC was weak, and the nonconference schedule was uninspiring outside of Pacific-10 champion Oregon. Jeff Sagarin's computer rated Boise's the 96th-strongest schedule in the nation, lowest of anyone in his top 30.
But next season, Boise State will have two credibility-enhancing nonconference games. The Broncos play Atlantic Coast Conference heavyweight Virginia Tech in Washington, D.C., and host perennial bowl team Oregon State. Win those two, and national respect will be non-negotiable.
They also travel to Wyoming, which won a bowl game this season under first-year coach Dave Christensen. The fourth nonleague opponent is Toledo.
So Boise State will get its opportunities to prove itself a legitimate national title contender. I hope the voters give the Broncos a fair shot and don't hold their laundry against them.

lebomb
01-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I would say Alabama #1, Boise St. and then Ohio St. We will see.

symple19
01-11-2010, 11:01 AM
I doubt BSU will even be top 3. Really, they deserve to be no lower than 2, but that doesn't mean shit once the voters have creamed themselves watching USC/UF etc over the spring/summer.

Their schedule next year will allow them to prove it on the field though. Every year I root for multiple unbeatens to roll into bowl season so it makes the BCS look like shit. Maybe BSU will be there again next year. If they beat Va Tech and the Beavs then maybe they'll finally get a chance to play for it all (assuming they're unbeaten in the WAC) Or, maybe they'll get fucked again. I'd bet on the latter.

vander
01-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I doubt BSU will even be top 3. Really, they deserve to be no lower than 2, but that doesn't mean shit once the voters have creamed themselves watching USC/UF etc over the spring/summer.

well we're bringing back basically EVERYBODY!!!

Kyle Wilson (who was disappointing this year) will be gone and a kicker and a FB I think, I don't see how we could be much lower than 3 going into next season. It'll be the same team with one more year of experience, and one more year learning from one of the best coaching minds in College Football.

ESPN had an early preseason ranking article that had BSU at #3 I think, maybe 4. good times :king

symple19
01-11-2010, 01:01 PM
well we're bringing back basically EVERYBODY!!!

Kyle Wilson (who was disappointing this year) will be gone and a kicker and a FB I think, I don't see how we could be much lower than 3 going into next season. It'll be the same team with one more year of experience, and one more year learning from one of the best coaching minds in College Football.

ESPN had an early preseason ranking article that had BSU at #3 I think, maybe 4. good times :king

Broncs definitely look to be loaded. I would put them at #2 if I had a ballot.

@Vander. Who, in your opinion, presents the toughest challenge next year for your Broncs. Va Tech or the Beavs? I know Va Tech is on the road. Both will be tough, but both also play much different styles. Va Tech will have one of the best backfields in the country next year, and the Beavs are bringing a lot back.

vander
01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Broncs definitely look to be loaded. I would put them at #2 if I had a ballot.

@Vander. Who, in your opinion, presents the toughest challenge next year for your Broncs. Va Tech or the Beavs? I know Va Tech is on the road. Both will be tough, but both also play much different styles. Va Tech will have one of the best backfields in the country next year, and the Beavs are bringing a lot back.

no question Va Tech. they have so much speed on offense, it's going to be near impossible to contain that for 60 minutes, BSU can beat anyone strategically, with gameplan and preparation. but with a team like Va. Tech, that all goes out the window, we could know all their plays ahead of time and still might not be able to stop them.

if Va. Tech is smart, they'll run sideline to sideline, sweeps, reverses, options, etc. BSU will be gassed in the second half
if they try to play traditional Football and let the QB try to read defenses and find open WRs, BSU will confuse him and probably get some picks.

symple19
01-11-2010, 01:34 PM
no question Va Tech. they have so much speed on offense, it's going to be near impossible to contain that for 60 minutes, BSU can beat anyone strategically, with gameplan and preparation. but with a team like Va. Tech, that all goes out the window, we could know all their plays ahead of time and still might not be able to stop them.

if Va. Tech is smart, they'll run sideline to sideline, sweeps, reverses, options, etc. BSU will be gassed in the second half
if they try to play traditional Football and let the QB try to read defenses and find open WRs, BSU will confuse him and probably get some picks.

Tyrod Taylor (Va Tech QB) certainly isn't a traditional drop back QB. He's been alternately great and terrible. Beamerball means hard nosed defense, downhill running attack, and excellent special teams. Taylor has a nice arm but is known more for his playmaking ability with his feet. His decision making has left a lot to be desired. Hokies also have about 3 backs (all top-notch) they can run at you.

This game will be highly anticipated. It's in DC right? That will be tough, no doubt.

Damn, I hate that the season is over. I'm ready for late-August

tlongII
01-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I think the Beavs will be ready for BSU. Doesn't mean they'll win, but I fully expect them to be ready. We've got everybody coming back other than our QB and a linebacker. If Ryan Katz settles in at QB decently we will be tough to beat. Should be a good game. :toast

vander
01-11-2010, 10:01 PM