09-19-2009, 02:30 PM
new mexico state is playing cal davis?

Thompson
09-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Texas A&M 37
Utah St. 17

Doug Collins
09-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Fuller got injured, but the offense is still looking good. Penalties keep fucking us up and the defense was terrible in the 1st quarter.

Hopefully they get things settled in the 2nd half.

Fpoonsie
09-19-2009, 10:52 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game (work), but was tryin to keep an eye on the score. We seemed to have a relatively sizable lead in the 3rd. What happened?

Doug Collins
09-20-2009, 09:24 AM
I wasn't able to watch the game (work), but was tryin to keep an eye on the score. We seemed to have a relatively sizable lead in the 3rd. What happened?

We got up about 21 and then they lost their focus big time. Defense kept giving up big plays to let them back in. USU had close to 600 yards of offense which is pathetic. Luckily, our offense was equally unstoppable.

I'm nervous to see the injury report on Fuller and Michael. Christine was destroying them before he got injured, and was a big part of how we built the lead. After he left, Johnson was the only guy running effectively and he made some big plays. I think we got way too pass happy after getting down early.

Fpoonsie
09-20-2009, 09:52 AM
We got up about 21 and then they lost their focus big time. Defense kept giving up big plays to let them back in. USU had close to 600 yards of offense which is pathetic. Luckily, our offense was equally unstoppable.

I'm nervous to see the injury report on Fuller and Michael. Christine was destroying them before he got injured, and was a big part of how we built the lead. After he left, Johnson was the only guy running effectively and he made some big plays. I think we got way too pass happy after getting down early.

TexAgs (forum) was reporting Sherman said in a press conference that Fuller may be out for the season w/ a broken leg? :wow

:depressed

On the bright side, looks like Michael just had a light calf strain...shouldn't miss any time.

How's JJ look?

Not that we're in a place to look PAST teams, but could any of this breakdown in our defense have been attributed to underestimating USU? I DID, however, hear that our tackling took a step back. We simply couldn't bring guys down....which is a BIG concern.

Doug Collins
09-20-2009, 10:06 AM
TexAgs (forum) was reporting Sherman said in a press conference that Fuller may be out for the season w/ a broken leg? :wow

:depressed

On the bright side, looks like Michael just had a light calf strain...shouldn't miss any time.

How's JJ look?

Not that we're in a place to look PAST teams, but could any of this breakdown in our defense have been attributed to underestimating USU? I DID, however, hear that our tackling took a step back. We simply couldn't bring guys down....which is a BIG concern.

I listened to it on the radio, Fuller has a fractured fibula but I haven't read a timetable on the injury. USU started off with an option attack that we weren't ready for, and that's how they got their 1st qtr pts. We played pretty solid 2nd and 3rd quarters, but stopped once we had a nice lead. A lot had to do with shitty tackling, which has been a problem since Fran.

JJ made the big plays and had a nice run late in the game to help get the final margin. His completion % wasn't awesome, but I'm definitely confident in him.

Also had 15 penalties for about 150 yards, which is something that can be fixed.

Jimcs50
09-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Went to game. Ags have a ton of work to do. Both games, they had way too many penalties, and their tackling was horrendous. Their Freshman wide receiver, #7 is going to be a stud this year and will probably break every Freshman record at A&M for Tds and yds.

RonMexico
09-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Thankfully Arkansas probably can't play defense.

coyotes_geek
09-21-2009, 12:19 PM
With a fractured fibula you've pretty much got to assume that Fuller is done for the year.

Nice to see some young talent stepping up, but overall that defense is still incredibly sloppy.

johngateswhiteley
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
my parents were sending me text updates from the game, so i don't know a whole lot, but they did tell me fuller and michael got hurt.

sounded like the Aggies did play sloppy and i couldn't believe they gave away that 21 point lead...wtf.