PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Colt McCoy

Amarelooms
09-19-2009, 08:51 PM
WHAT THE F are you doing out there? Tech's D sucks....stepup and make some good throws down the field. I'm sick of this idiot already :elephant

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2009, 10:59 PM
the offensive line is total dog shit along with mccoy

thats why i see us losing a game somewhere down the road

Amarelooms
09-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Well that may be but the play calling was awful. How about a scree pass to the RB?? Or a pass out the backfield to the RB. Also, how about using a TE and hitting him over the middle of the field which is wide open. I would also mix in some standard formations with the QB under center every now and then :elephant

leemajors
09-20-2009, 02:17 AM
tanner needs to be benched, bad.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-20-2009, 04:11 AM
Why, oh why, couldn't that redneck fucker Buck Burnett just keep his racist redneck mouth shut after Barack won the presidency?

I mean, you're huge, white, and a UT football player....instead of posting on facebook just fuck a big tittied austin chick. My god. What a loss. We are so thin on the OL this year it's scary.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-20-2009, 12:05 PM
tanner and hall cant hold a run for more than 1.5 seconds, and i saw tanner with his back to his man watching colt scramble

buck and jamarcus webb too, who couldve been the depth in 07 and allowed tray allen to redshirt and play his natural position

Kermit
09-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Flu.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-20-2009, 02:36 PM
i really could go without hearing that shit from colt too

he sounds like manu after the lakers series in 08, he "wont make any excuses", hes "fine", then after they lost "i was hurt", shut the fuck up with that shit, if youre hurt or sick and dont want to play sit your ass on the bench, otherwise DONT MAKE EXCUSES

if texas had lost last night and colt had come with that flu shit i would have hunted that fucker down and busted off two teflon tips in his fucking knees

youre not JORDAN, you dont have the flu every playoffs, you dont get food poisoning every finals, be a fucking man

Kermit
09-20-2009, 03:44 PM
emo longhorn fans. i think they won.

TFloss32
09-20-2009, 10:13 PM
WHAT THE F are you doing out there? Tech's D sucks....stepup and make some good throws down the field. I'm sick of this idiot already :elephant

Colt can't throw down field if Greg Davis has the Horns going east/west all of the time. His first half playcalling is soooo conservative and frustrating to watch. Granted Colt was, obviously, off of his game last night but Davis won't go down field until the Horns have to score in order to win the game. It's hard for Colt and the receivers to develop any kind of rhythm when the game is called that way. This is why Colt's second half numbers are so much better than his first half numbers.

mookie2001
09-20-2009, 10:19 PM
naw they didnt even do much zone read the first half, and they never trailed after 0-3 so by your logic they didnt have to go down field

besides tech had the ball almost the entire first half

colt had a shitty game, colts missing quan and brandon collins, tech played well, the two picks bounced off receivers hands, bad throws or not those need to be caught

greg davis' offense is so fucking basic and repetitive that it works by the end of the game if everything goes well, they should be fine, theyve got 1 more challenging game, they cant play that way against OU, theyll get it sorted out by then

TFloss32
09-21-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm saying that it's a pattern with Greg Davis. He plays not to lose and only opens it up when Texas needs to stay ahead or win the game. Texas needed to score as much as they possibly could because they were trading TDs with Tech in the second half. They needed to score points against Wyoming because they were only winning by three at halftime.

Davis will nickel and dime you (which is a great strategy, if it's successful..but it's not with him) to death with those east/west sideline passes, zone reads and delayed draws...partly why Tech had the ball so much. If you can't move the ball, the other team will naturally have more possession time than you. Colt did play an underwhelming game but my point was that the playcalling doesn't allow for him to get into any kind of rhythm. He plays much better when he's allowed to throw down field and the Horns' success in the middle is much better than on the sidelines. Only one of those INTs was his fault (the one to Malcom Williams should've been caught).

You're right, they will improve and I expect them to hit their stride in October...especially if Brandon Collins gets back in uniform.

mookie2001
09-21-2009, 10:09 AM
news today on collins hes expected to use his redshirt this year to get his grades straight

did you see where techs safeties were lining up saturday? they were making tampas cover 2 look like 8 in the box, goes back to the struggles with the oline and not having a star in the backfield. Davis has to take what theyre giving him and techs D was playing well

im not the biggest davis fan, he took his hits years ago with his 7th grade play calls v OU, for the most part colt and vince have made him look good

davis is like the old dirty bastard of coaches, there is no father to his style, hes one of the few notable coaches with no ties to any other well known coach, besides mack, who he had an equal partnership with for the 20+ years theyve coached together. this really might have helped him because he is so adaptable to the talent, coaching trends and the teams in this league. He hasnt really had a pattern of anything, if you would have told me 6 or 7 years ago that most teams would be playing like tech on offense, everyone would have laughed

hes a great teacher for the qb position and for that alone i hope he'll stay around for a few years after mack retires

but yeah often we wish we could ask davis what the fuck hes thinking

Cant_Be_Faded
09-21-2009, 08:08 PM
naw they didnt even do much zone read the first half, and they never trailed after 0-3 so by your logic they didnt have to go down field

besides tech had the ball almost the entire first half

colt had a shitty game, colts missing quan and brandon collins, tech played well, the two picks bounced off receivers hands, bad throws or not those need to be caught

greg davis' offense is so fucking basic and repetitive that it works by the end of the game if everything goes well, they should be fine, theyve got 1 more challenging game, they cant play that way against OU, theyll get it sorted out by then

you are a dick for continuing to overlook Halloween's game in Stillwater.

We have two real games left, both against teams from that shitty state of oklahoma. And really, the way this team's OL is performing, I'd even circle the game at Kyle Field as a potential upset.

The OL
Colt's 1st half jitters
Christian Scott's dumbass
Brandon Collin's dumbass

all of these will eventually combine to a loss on the road.

mookie2001
09-21-2009, 08:17 PM
i do overlook them because mack has never lost to the cowboys of oklahoma

even if we got down 28-0 id be pissed but still have confidence

if we lose to a&m i'll let smeagol cut my balls off with a pen knife

Kermit
09-21-2009, 08:23 PM
so if ou beats miami, i'm looking at $400 a ticket? fuck maan.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
i do overlook them because mack has never lost to the cowboys of oklahoma

even if we got down 28-0 id be pissed but still have confidence

if we lose to a&m i'll let smeagol cut my balls off with a pen knife

No streak lasts forever. This team was better last year and even had a slow start against fuckin BAYLOR...we didn't put it away till the 2nd half.

TFloss32
09-22-2009, 08:51 AM
hes a great teacher for the qb position and for that alone i hope he'll stay around for a few years after mack retires

Well, you're in small company. The proof is in the pudding for me...who's the last player from Greg Davis' offense to be a productive entity in the NFL? Hmmmm....I feel like UT gets freakish talent every year and never develops any of it. This is a guy who couldn't get Roy Williams a TD against Oklahoma in all of his 4 years at Texas.

I know Major Applewhite and Greg Davis have had their tussles in the past because he would audible often and call lots of his own plays. Needless to say, Davis didn't like that and it's obvious that Major still doesn't have much say in the offense because of its lack of creativity. I'm happy that McCoy and Gilbert have Major to mentor them, and I hope he gets the OC job once Mack retires and Muschamp takes over.

but yeah often we wish we could ask davis what the fuck hes thinking

For me...pretty much all of the time.

mookie2001
09-22-2009, 09:56 AM
productive entity? davis coached ricky as a senior, roy williams was pretty productive in detroit, and even our busts-vince led his team to the playoffs, chris simms led his team to the playoffs
selvin young had 1000 all purpose yards his rookie year
jermichael finley and jamaal are poised for a big season, bo scaife is productive, justin blaylock, jonathan scott, ahmard hall is productive as fb can be, quan had a 60 yard punt return sunday, scoff benson all you want but he had several 100 yard games last year and 140 yards sunday

saying texas never develops any talent is stupid

im different because i dont give a shit about the nfl, i think even fans of college football are obsessed with it, do i watch on sunday, yes, do i lose sleep when roy williams catches one ball for the cowgirls, fuck no

TFloss32
09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
productive entity? davis coached ricky as a senior, roy williams was pretty productive in detroit, and even our busts-vince led his team to the playoffs, chris simms led his team to the playoffs
selvin young had 1000 all purpose yards his rookie year
jermichael finley and jamaal are poised for a big season, bo scaife is productive, justin blaylock, jonathan scott, ahmard hall is productive as fb can be, quan had a 60 yard punt return sunday, scoff benson all you want but he had several 100 yard games last year and 140 yards sunday

Mookie, you're reaching on this one. It's no secret that offensive stars from the University of Texas don't translate well into the NFL. Now, there is no tangible evidence at hand to attribute these players' lack of success in the league to Greg Davis, but I'm not surprised nor do I find it a coincidence that this pattern has continued throughout the years.

saying texas never develops any talent is stupid

It's not stupid..see my comment above. Plus, I was referring to players that have played in Greg Davis' offense (not UT in general). I found it quite humorous, and not surprising at all, that Troy Aikman said that Roy Williams "doesn't know how to run a proper route."

im different because i dont give a shit about the nfl, i think even fans of college football are obsessed with it, do i watch on sunday, yes, do i lose sleep when roy williams catches one ball for the cowgirls, fuck no

I'm with you, the NFL pales in comparison to the NCAA. However, I had to reference the NFL because players don't really improve under Greg Davis' direction (but you're saying he's a great teacher).

I'm simply stating my opinion on what I've observed. I even lived in Austin and went to school at UT during the national championship run. Vince Young put Mack Brown and Greg Davis on the map, not the other way around. Did you notice that Greg Davis didn't receive ONE offensive coordinator or head coaching job offer after UT won the national title? I promise you...not a coincidence.

mookie2001
09-22-2009, 03:45 PM
throughout the years?, you mean the davis years?
go back a few more years priest holmes broke every single season scoring record on the books, eric metcalf retired as one the top all purpose yardage of all time, dan neil won super bowls

now i agree texas isnt known an offense like they are defense but saying
texas never develops any talent is wrong

who are you comparing them to in that time period?

who are they competing with that has more offensive success in the pros?

OU has peterson and who else, clayton, jamaal brown? theyve never even had a qb start a game in the nfl

TFloss32
09-22-2009, 05:29 PM
throughout the years?, you mean the davis years?
go back a few more years priest holmes broke every single season scoring record on the books, eric metcalf retired as one the top all purpose yardage of all time, dan neil won super bowls

Yes, the Davis years. I'm not talking about any other coach, besides Greg Davis, or any other players who did not play under Greg Davis. Thank goodness those legends didn't have to play for him.

Mookie...I'm saying that no offensive Longhorn players have had significant success in the NFL if they've played for Davis (not counting lineman, this position translates well from college to the NFL) and I'm not surprised that this trend has continued for as long as he's been at Texas. I'm not saying that it's completely because of Greg Davis, but I don't think it's a coincidence either.

who are they competing with that has more offensive success in the pros?

I'm not comparing these guys to anyone. My point is that they've played for Greg Davis and that there's no excuse for at least some of them to not pan out in the pros.

crc21209
09-22-2009, 05:35 PM
It's clear Colt and UT may just be bored as fuck...they know if they beat OU...they SHOULD be in the title game.

johngateswhiteley
09-22-2009, 05:59 PM
we all know that aggy gets junction boyed up for those junction games down in junction against those teasip girly girls, and could win any year.

we know this

damn strait.