PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy talk

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-19-2009, 11:34 PM
So, just had my first draft of the year. I'm in both Dynasty Leagues, and have played a lot of h2h, but this was my first roto draft. It is a 9 cat league (the usual) with 13 teams, and I was picking 11th:

1 - Al Jefferson
2 - Joe Johnson
3 - Rajon Rondo
4 - Nene
5 - Anthony Randolph
6 - John Salmons
7 - Wilson Chandler
8 - Mario Chalmers
9 - Jamal Crawford
10 - Kendrick Perkins
11 - Aaaron Brooks
12 - Andres Nocioni
13 - Carl Landry

I went for a lot of players that I think have a chance to emerge this year - Randolph, Chandler, Chalmers, Brooks, Landry. You could argue that I took Nene and Randolph too early, but there were 24 picks to wait and I was scared they'd disappear.

I look strong in stls and weak in boards, but pretty competitive in most other contributing cats, and around the middle of the pack for %s and TOs as I'd hoped.

With a bit of luck I might come 3rd or something.

DPG21920
09-19-2009, 11:48 PM
I think Randolph is a guy who is going to fly off the board this year. He is everyone's sleeper. I personally have him ranked as a 6th rounder, but 5th is not a stretch.

Choosing Big Al scares me because of the injury. I hate picking players in the first 2 rounds like that, but he is hard to pass up if you believe reports he will be back for camp or sometime shortly after.

I have never played Roto (not nearly as much fun imo), but the strategy cannot be that different from H2H when you think about it. The only major difference being that it is less "fluky". Also, I guess you might try and draft a more well rounded team so that you never tank categories.

Nocioni ended the year pretty hot, but I wonder where he will end up this year? I don't see why Sac keeps him or plays him when they won't win and they have young guys to develop.

Crawford is another guy I am really anxious to see how things work out. He is "behind" Bibby and I wonder how that effects his value. I am sure Joe will be playing 38-40 MPG so there is not a lot of room at SG for him.

I also think the Rockets are going to be a hot fantasy team players wise. Brooks should get a bump. Ariza is going to go higher. I am wondering if they will slide Scola to center and start Landry? He is a guy I have been thinking about for the later rounds as well.

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 12:05 AM
With Jordan Hill and Danilo Gallinari playing full time for the Knicks, I don't see Wilson Chandler contributing a lot this year, just my opinion.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 12:05 AM
I think Randolph is a guy who is going to fly off the board this year. He is everyone's sleeper. I personally have him ranked as a 6th rounder, but 5th is not a stretch.

Choosing Big Al scares me because of the injury. I hate picking players in the first 2 rounds like that, but he is hard to pass up if you believe reports he will be back for camp or sometime shortly after.

I have never played Roto (not nearly as much fun imo), but the strategy cannot be that different from H2H when you think about it. The only major difference being that it is less "fluky". Also, I guess you might try and draft a more well rounded team so that you never tank categories.

Nocioni ended the year pretty hot, but I wonder where he will end up this year? I don't see why Sac keeps him or plays him when they won't win and they have young guys to develop.

Crawford is another guy I am really anxious to see how things work out. He is "behind" Bibby and I wonder how that effects his value. I am sure Joe will be playing 38-40 MPG so there is not a lot of room at SG for him.

I also think the Rockets are going to be a hot fantasy team players wise. Brooks should get a bump. Ariza is going to go higher. I am wondering if they will slide Scola to center and start Landry? He is a guy I have been thinking about for the later rounds as well.

Actually, roto is VERY different from h2h because if you write off a category or two it's hard to win unless you're top of most of the others. After this experience, I'd say drafting h2h is a lot easier than drafting roto.

As for h2h being more fun, I think roto is more involved, so it depends on how seriously you like to take it. This year I'm playing 2 h2hs, 2 rotos and both DLs, so I'm playing every different type of fantasy game, and they are all a different challenge. Worst thing about h2h is that you can dominate the regular season and then get rolled by circumstances like players sitting near the end of the season. That happened to me in both h2h leagues last year.

Yeah, Randolph might be a 16/10/1/1.7 kinda guy this year, at least that's why I took him when I did. I think Chalmers and Brooks will both be great too, and I took Noc because I think he might start after his strong end to last season (hope so - he's never had a chance to start consistently and I wanna see what he can do... same with Landry).

For this team I need more points and boards, but they are the two easiest to pick up, and I may be fine if Brooks and Chalmers come on as I think they will.

PS Crawford put up surprising numbers as a 3rd guard at GS last year, and he may well do the same this year. That second unit needs a spark plug, and he's it... I hope.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 12:06 AM
With Jordan Hill and Danilo Gallinari playing full time for the Knicks, I don't see Wilson Chandler contributing a lot this year, just my opinion.

You think Gallinari will take Chandler's minutes? I hope not, but you may be right. I might try to offload him for more points.

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 12:11 AM
You think Gallinari will take Chandler's minutes? I hope not, but you may be right. I might try to offload him for more points.
Unless they force feed Jordan Hill center minutes, Gallinari should produce, seeing he was the 6th pick in that strong draft and was hampered by his back injury plus he is the only sharpshooter on that team. Danilo shot 44.4% from three and 90% from the free throw line last season. Chandler would need to step up next season to improve his stats in my opinion.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Unless they force feed Jordan Hill center minutes, Gallinari should produce, seeing he was the 6th pick in that strong draft and was hampered by his back injury plus he is the only sharpshooter on that team. Danilo shot 44.4% from three and 90% from the free throw line last season. Chandler would need to step up next season to improve his stats in my opinion.

Actually, I picked him because I figure he will be better than last year and that Gallinari will back him up. I also figured Hill would back up Lee at C.

Trainwreck2100
09-20-2009, 12:15 AM
an asian and a redhead in a bed full of money

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Actually, I picked him because I figure he will be better than last year and that Gallinari will back him up. I also figured Hill would back up Lee at C.
Lee is not around, should be signed soon. Eddy Curry has been reported to be working out. Harrington and Hughes will be douchebags trying to make a statement for their next contract which is worrying. Plus the situation with Nate. Either way, if I am participating in the fantasy draft, I would try to move away from Knicks players because of the variable and volatile factors.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 12:18 AM
an asian and a redhead in a bed full of money

:lol

I like redheads too. :D

DPG21920
09-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Ya, Jamal put up good numbers, but he was still getting 38 MPG. I don't see that happening this year.

Say Bibby gets 30 MPG (a 5 MPG reduction from last year). Joe gets 38 (I don't see him losing minutes). That leaves Jamal only 28 MPG. Maybe if you think they will reduce Bibby more than that, Jamal's minutes might creep up to last years level. It will be interesting for sure, and I wonder what they will do.

I agree Noc got hot at the end of last year, but do the Kings have incentive to play him over getting their youth (Omri Casspi, Tyreke Evans, Francisco Garcia, Donte Greene, Spencer Hawes, Kevin Martin, Sean May, Sergio Rodriguez and Jason Thompson) plenty of minutes? That is a ton of youth players to develop and the Kings have no chance at sniffing the playoffs.

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Wasn't there anyone else better than Chalmers when you were picking? I understand the steals part but your team can't seem to block anyone.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 12:31 AM
Wasn't there anyone else better than Chalmers when you were picking? I understand the steals part but your team can't seem to block anyone.

I picked Chalmers for steals, 3s and assists, and I think he'll do a lot better this year than last given that he's a soph and now has O'Neal under the basket to pass to, and an improved Beasley. I was keeping track on a spreadsheet for the first time, and at that point I was way down on 3s and assists.

I'll get about 2bpg from Jefferson, about 1.5 from Randolph (at least - I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for 2+ a game)), 1.3 from Nene, 1.8 from Perkins. And Chandler gets about 1bpg. I wanted Birdman but he was taken 2 places ahead of where I would've got him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Ya, Jamal put up good numbers, but he was still getting 38 MPG. I don't see that happening this year.

Say Bibby gets 30 MPG (a 5 MPG reduction from last year). Joe gets 38 (I don't see him losing minutes). That leaves Jamal only 28 MPG. Maybe if you think they will reduce Bibby more than that, Jamal's minutes might creep up to last years level. It will be interesting for sure, and I wonder what they will do.

I agree Noc got hot at the end of last year, but do the Kings have incentive to play him over getting their youth (Omri Casspi, Tyreke Evans, Francisco Garcia, Donte Greene, Spencer Hawes, Kevin Martin, Sean May, Sergio Rodriguez and Jason Thompson) plenty of minutes? That is a ton of youth players to develop and the Kings have no chance at sniffing the playoffs.

True, but picking him at that point in the draft means he's easy to drop. In fact, I won't have any problem dropping or trading any of those bottom 7, although I think Brooks and Chalmers will make their bones.

I also intend to trade. It's bloody hard drafting at this time of year with no idea what will happen to lineups during camp and the pre-season.

DPG21920
09-20-2009, 12:38 AM
I think Chalmers will be good as well. Even if he does not improve, but just duplicates last year I would draft him there.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Twice I got gazumped by one pick, too. A good friend of mine was picking one spot ahead of my and screwed me. I wanted Diaw instead of Chandler, and Parker instead of Salmons.

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Al Jefferson: 1.7 blocks (This is fine, but 2.0 is not the case, like you mentioned.)
Anthony Randolph: 1.2 blocks (I will see him block more next season.)
Nene: 1.3 blocks (Yep, you are correct, thought he might average 1.5 next season or at least maintain but 1.3 was his career high, the same thing for Al Jefferson.)
Kendrick Perkins: 2.0 blocks (Your strongest block-machine here, rebounds well too. But Rasheed Wallace taking minutes from him looms.)
Wilson Chandler: 0.9 blocks (Not bad.)

I was just wondering why you did not take Turiaf. (2.1 blocks in 21.5 minutes.)

DPG21920
09-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Also, I wonder what the hell the Bulls will do with Deng/Salmons? Talk about a pickle. There are wayyyyyyy to many things to analyze in fantasy :lol

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Also, I wonder what the hell the Bulls will do with Deng/Salmons? Talk about a pickle. There are wayyyyyyy to many things to analyze in fantasy :lol
I don't think that is a problem since Gordon is gone. I am more worried about Hinrich's role.

Who is going to start in Detroit? Hamilton or Gordon? How is Stuckey going to play out? Charlie-V getting more minutes, will he score a lot?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Al Jefferson: 1.7 blocks (This is fine, but 2.0 is not the case, like you mentioned.)
Anthony Randolph: 1.2 blocks (I will see him block more next season.)
Nene: 1.3 blocks (Yep, you are correct, thought he might average 1.5 next season or at least maintain but 1.3 was his career high, the same thing for Al Jefferson.)
Kendrick Perkins: 2.0 blocks (Your strongest block-machine here, rebounds well too. But Rasheed Wallace taking minutes from him looms.)
Wilson Chandler: 0.9 blocks (Not bad.)

I was just wondering why you did not take Turiaf. (2.1 blocks in 21.5 minutes.)

I think Al Jeff will up his blocks a little to around 1.8-2 this year, but you're right he was at 1.7 last year. And I think Randolph will explode his block numbers this year - kid is on a mission.

Yeah, I could have grabbed Turiaf, and I still could because he went undrafted. I took Landry instead because rebounds is my weakest cat, and if he starts he could be the kinda guy who unexpectedly averages 8+ boards.

A lot of fantasy is predictions and calculated gambles, you can't just base things on last year's stats, or career stats. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 01:15 AM

Salmons was fantastic to end the season. He'll start at the 2, Deng at the 3, Hinrich will back up the 1 and 2.

DPG21920
09-20-2009, 01:15 AM
I think Charlie V and Gordon will remain the same. They were the big signings.

Salmons was brought in because of his ability and because Deng was hurt I am assuming. With Deng back, maybe they slide Salmons to SG?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 01:20 AM
The more I look at this team, the more comfortable I am with it.

I'm pretty damn sure we'll see vast improvement out of Randolph, Chalmers, Brooks and Landry, who are either sophs or going to be starters for the season for the first time. I think Chandler and Salmons will be a little better than they were last year, and both were very solid. I think we'll see business as usual from JJ and Rajon (although the latter could also continue to grow), and I see a 24/12/2 for Al Jeff. Crawford is a big ?, but all I need him to do is about what he did last year at a better % (which will happen because he's on a better team). Nocioni is entirely expendable. best trading chips at this point are Chandler/Salmons and Chalmers/Brooks, as most of the others have very specific roles that are hard to replicate.

Should be an interesting season.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 01:23 AM
I think Charlie V and Gordon will remain the same. They were the big signings.

Salmons was brought in because of his ability and because Deng was hurt I am assuming. With Deng back, maybe they slide Salmons to SG?

Not maybe, definitely.

DPG21920
09-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Big question: Memphis?

How will these players fare (Iverson/OJ/Gay/Conley) and how does Iverson effect the latter?

Also, how does Randolph and Thabeet effect Marc Gasol?

What are your opinions on Arenas and Michael Redd?

BWS-1994
09-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Big question: Memphis?

How will these players fare (Iverson/OJ/Gay/Conley) and how does Iverson effect the latter?

Also, how does Randolph and Thabeet effect Marc Gasol?

What are your opinions on Arenas and Michael Redd?

I guess only one of Conley, AI and Mayo will give you good numbers on assists.

Might be willing to draft Foye or Miller in the mid rounds.

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 02:29 AM
Zach Randolph will be useless. He only records 0.3 blocks per game his entire career. With Iverson, Mayo and Gay, he would be useless for points. The only place he can contribute is rebounds, but with Gasol, Thabeet involved, the rebounding total may decrease but do not forget the offensive inefficiency of the players which will spike the offensive rebounding total. I would avoid the Grizzlies players because the 4 guys tend to be 1 on 1 players, resulting in low assist numbers, Conley would not have a place in fantasy.

As for Arenas, if he is going to chuck his way to 28/6, pick him, even if he gives you a 42% FG. Michael Redd is a big no no. He would give you a three or two but useless everywhere else.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Zach Randolph will be useless. He only records 0.3 blocks per game his entire career. With Iverson, Mayo and Gay, he would be useless for points. The only place he can contribute is rebounds, but with Gasol, Thabeet involved, the rebounding total may decrease but do not forget the offensive inefficiency of the players which will spike the offensive rebounding total. I would avoid the Grizzlies players because the 4 guys tend to be 1 on 1 players, resulting in low assist numbers, Conley would not have a place in fantasy.

As for Arenas, if he is going to chuck his way to 28/6, pick him, even if he gives you a 42% FG. Michael Redd is a big no no. He would give you a three or two but useless everywhere else.

Agree about the Memphis situation, but you're dead wrong about Redd - he is the Bucks' only option and will probably score 20+, with 3-4 rbs/asts, 1 stl and 1.7 3s a game. As long as he's fit, he'll own this year.

If you can get Arenas in the 3rd round, and T-Mac in the 9th, you'll rob your league. High risk, but very high reward, because Tim Grover is a miracle worker when it comes to rehab.

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Agree about the Memphis situation, but you're dead wrong about Redd - he is the Bucks' only option and will probably score 20+, with 3-4 rbs/asts, 1 stl and 1.7 3s a game. As long as he's fit, he'll own this year.

If you can get Arenas in the 3rd round, and T-Mac in the 9th, you'll rob your league. High risk, but very high reward, because Tim Grover is a miracle worker when it comes to rehab.
The assumption came after he tore his ACL. Redd has got his work cut out for him with Bogut providing a solid inside presence with Brandon Jennings doing stuff. Hakim Warrick is an athletic body that could help the Bucks out. I had a naggy feeling Redd is going to be traded elsewhere if he is healthy.

usdane
09-20-2009, 04:30 AM
When would you pick Stephan Curry? the little prick can shoot and he should get some run. In a current draft I'm in I could get him with the 151st pick. However Randy Foye, R. Brewer and Grant Hill is also available.

One sleeper I have noticed is Monte Ellis. In several drafts he has slipped into the 90's

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 04:42 AM
When would you pick Stephan Curry? the little prick can shoot and he should get some run. In a current draft I'm in I could get him with the 151st pick. However Randy Foye, R. Brewer and Grant Hill is also available.

One sleeper I have noticed is Monte Ellis. In several drafts he has slipped into the 90's
Based on Don Nelson's distrust in rookies, Stephen Curry will take a backseat to Monta Ellis, so if you draft both Curry and Ellis, you will be contradicting yourself. So, pick Monta at the 90s and Grant Hill in the 151st pick.

usdane
09-20-2009, 05:09 AM
Based on Don Nelson's distrust in rookies, Stephen Curry will take a backseat to Monta Ellis, so if you draft both Curry and Ellis, you will be contradicting yourself. So, pick Monta at the 90s and Grant Hill in the 151st pick.

Thank! some idiot picked Monta right before me so I had to settle with Josh Howard and with Marion in Dallas who knows. G. Hill should be good at 151st (old steady).

DPG21920
09-20-2009, 12:47 PM

You must be crazy or your league must be dicey if you can get Monta with the 90's pick.

He should go no later than the 5th round. Maybe you meant Curry.

usdane
09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
You must be crazy or your league must be dicey if you can get Monta with the 90's pick.

No man I was watching him for 40 picks. I got Nene at 51st (last chance for a solid FC)

A lot of people do to much stat watching and last year Monta only played in 25 games coming back from injury.

However people are jumping all over Arenas around 15-20 pick. Pretty risky I think.

Chieflion
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM

Either way, Ellis is going to give you some rebounds at the guard position, points, and a couple of steals plus decent FG%, his career high was 53.1% from the field, he is not going to give you 3 point shooting though. I just do not like his miserable assist numbers you want from a guard. Well, in his league, Monta went 90 so that is his league. Just giving advice where it is.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
So, how'd your seasons go?

I was in 6 leagues: 2 h2h, 2 roto (first season doing those), and both Dynasty Leagues.

Beset by late season injuries, both h2h teams (one based around Dwight-Rajon-Melo, the other around Wade-Lopez-Ellis) finished poorly. After leading the competion for 80% of the season, the former team came 3rd after the regular season by 1/2 a game (lost 4-5 in the last week of the season), then crashed out of the playoffs 6th. In the other I missed the playoffs by 1/2 a game and came 9th. Disappointed by both of those teams. However, late season is the worst time for injuries in fantasy because by that time the FA list is very thin because all the consistent players are on teams, so there wasn't much I could do.

The roto teams are still going but looking like finishing 2nd and 3rd, which I'm really happy with. Roto is a fairer game I think, and better suited to my fantasy abilities.

I won DL I and set a bunch of league records! Really happy with that as it was definitely my goal to begin the season. Came 6th in DL II and successfully acquired Paul, Bogut and Millsap (with Arenas) as a core going forward, which I'm also really happy with - this was a building year, next year that team should contend.

Overall, very happy with those results although it was tough getting slapped around in both h2h leagues when both teams looked like contenders until near the end. Winning a DL makes up for it though. ;)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 08:35 AM

:lol

I was soooo wrong about those guys, but thankfully didn't follow my own advice and draft Redd or T-Mac. Miracles only go so far... and I stayed away from Grizzlies, which was also a mistake. :oops

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 07:46 PM
No-one wants to talk about how they went this year?

DPG21920
04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I won my 12 team, h2h, 9 cat league for the third year in a row. Largely because of a trade I did 3 months ago centering around me giving up Bynum and getting Ginobili/Westbrook. Took home a nice chunk of $$$

Shastafarian
04-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm in the finals of my H2H league but there's no way I win. I have CP3 and Wilson Chandler both out for the rest of the season.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I won my 12 team, h2h, 9 cat league for the third year in a row. Largely because of a trade I did 3 months ago centering around me giving up Bynum and getting Ginobili/Westbrook. Took home a nice chunk of $$$

Nice! Wow, you got Manu and Russell for Bynum... must've been a Faker fan you were trading with. :lol

Drafted players I was happiest with (other than obvious guys like Wade and Howard):
Rajon Rondo
Andrew Bogut (had him in one league, traded for him early season in two)
Nene
Tyreke Evans
John Salmons (drafted him, glad I hung on)

Biggest disappointments:
Anthony Randolph
Jason Thompson
Tony Parker

DPG21920
04-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Nice! Wow, you got Manu and Russell for Bynum... must've been a Faker fan you were trading with. :lol

Drafted players I was happiest with (other than obvious guys like Wade and Howard):
Rajon Rondo
Andrew Bogut (had him in one league, traded for him early season in two)
Nene
Tyreke Evans
John Salmons (drafted him, glad I hung on)

Biggest disappointments:
Anthony Randolph
Jason Thompson
Tony Parker

:lol No, it was not Manu/Westbrook for Bynum. They were the main pieces, I forgot who else I added into the deal.

I had a pretty solid draft:

1. (1) LeBron James
2. (24) Gilbert Arenas
3. (25) Brook Lopez
4. (48) Baron Davis
5. (49) Andrew Bynum
6. (72) Emeka Okafor
7. (73) Leandro Barbosa
8. (96) Mario Chalmers
9. (97) Greg Oden
10. (120) Courtney Lee
11. (121) Louis Williams
12. (144) Roy Hibbert
13. (145) Ryan Gomes
14. (168) Carl Landry
15. (169) Hakim Warrick

Gilbert was playing decent before he went down, but Okafor, Barbosa and Chalmers were huge disappointments.

I got great value on Lou, Hibbert and Landry and Oden (until he got hurt).

After a lot of trading the team I ended up with was (the core):

Lebron
Gerald Wallace
Manu
Westbrook
Al Jefferson
Camby
Baron Davis

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-08-2010, 01:10 AM
My record setting (highest winning %, most wins, longest streak, most weeks with highest score) 2009-10 Dynasty League 1 team:

Core:
LBJ
Wade
Nash
Kidd
Billups
Nene

Role players:
Mike Miller
Ben Wallace
Ilyasova
Bibby

Peripherals:
Amir Johnson
Kris Humphries
Ronny Turiaf
Juwan Howard

(Note: it's a 20-team points league beautifully designed by LJ to mimic the true NBA season. DPG - you ought to get involved, there will probably be teams up for grabs this off-season).

Since I won, I only get to keep 5 guys, so who goes: Chauncey, Jason or Steve?

L.I.T
04-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Pared it down to three leagues this season

Leading my main roto league by 12 points at the moment. Won my H2H.

Main league did a pretty decent job with my mid-late draft picks, trades and waiver wire moves:

Granger/Lopez/Brand/Rondo/TP/Horford/Salmons/Ty Thomas/Noah/Morrow/Brooks/AI/Gallo

Picked up along the way Tyreke Evans, Manu Ginobili, Calderon, Carl Landry. Current team:

Gs: Rondo/Manu/Calderon/Tyreke/Salmons

Fs: Granger/Landry/Ty Thomas/Jerebko

Cs: Brook Lopez/Horford/Noah/Brand

sook
04-08-2010, 02:26 AM
brooks, landry and nash got me the finals in my league. Nash was fucking ridiculous stat wise this seaosn

Mark in Austin
04-08-2010, 04:44 AM
I had a couple fantasy teams for the first time in 8 or 9 years this year; this team I drafted was a contender until injuries brought me to my knees:

Paul, Noah, and AK-47 missing time hurt me - was covering those but then lost Evans to that concussion during a critical playoff week and that was it. I was damn proud of the team I drafted originally:

Owned by Bowen
1. (2) Chris Paul
2. (19) Tim Duncan
3. (22) Vince Carter
4. (39) Josh Smith
5. (42) Andrea Bargnani
6. (59) Zach Randolph
7. (62) Manu Ginobili
8. (79) Jonny Flynn
9. (82) Luis Scola
10. (99) Thaddeus Young
11. (102) Luol Deng
12. (119) Joakim Noah
13. (122) Danilo Gallinari

during the year I also managed to acquire AK-47, Kidd, Evans, and Maggette. Hovered in 3rd all year in a H2H league but the injuries dropped me to 5th place.

Also was in maybe the coolest H2H league ever - on Yahoo called the Kurt Rambis Alliance. It's a H2H league that only measures ORB, DRB, AST, STL, BLK, TO & TECH. Totally different mindset & I lead the league pretty much wire to wire. I'm playing for first place this week.

ElNono
04-08-2010, 08:02 AM
I though this thread was about Dallas winning a championship... nevermind...

Mark in Austin
04-08-2010, 02:39 PM
My record setting (highest winning %, most wins, longest streak, most weeks with highest score) 2009-10 Dynasty League 1 team:

Core:
LBJ
Wade
Nash
Kidd
Billups
Nene

Role players:
Mike Miller
Ben Wallace
Ilyasova
Bibby

Peripherals:
Amir Johnson
Kris Humphries
Ronny Turiaf
Juwan Howard

(Note: it's a 20-team points league beautifully designed by LJ to mimic the true NBA season. DPG - you ought to get involved, there will probably be teams up for grabs this off-season).

Since I won, I only get to keep 5 guys, so who goes: Chauncey, Jason or Steve?

Holy crap that is a stacked team. Nice GM skills there. I would give up Billups. Even though Nash and Kidd will be a year older, Nash's shooting and Kidd's rebounding and 3PM are exceptional for PGs.

BTW, I think I'm hooked - might want to get in on the Dynasty League action. ..