PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh

Hooks
09-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Mayweather got made to look like a bitch in front of a lot of people when Mosely confronted him in the interview.

Will we FINALLY see a fight in which Mayweather fights a real WW? Mosely ain't even as good as he used to be either, but we all know what kind of fighter Mayweather is. Mosely's been trying to get this fight for 8 years lmao.

Floyd's gotta be tired of looking like a pussy in front of everybody yeah?

He's got a bunch of WWs to pick from, bunch of big money fights. He said he's the best so he should be able to beat the best right? Cotto, Mosely, Clottey, Williams, ETC

Cotto and Mosely would be the biggest fights which would be pretty close imo, while I think Williams UD's his ass, too much work rate and he sticks to his jab which is Mayweather's weakness but the fight will never happen because Floyd is scared.

iggypop123
09-20-2009, 12:04 AM
i wonder what happens when he meets guys his own size

redzero
09-20-2009, 12:13 AM
40-0. Can't beat perfection.

Hooks
09-20-2009, 12:27 AM
40-0. Can't beat perfection.

That 0 is the reason Floyd doesn't wanna fight Cotto, Mosely or Williams :p:

TheMACHINE
09-20-2009, 12:36 AM
my boys were telling me that PBF looked 20 pounds heavier then marquez...is that true?

BWS-1994
09-20-2009, 12:55 AM
If Cotto loses to Pacquiao in November, I doubt Mayweather would have any interest in him.

Any combination of Pacman, Mayweather or Mosley would be good :tu

Hooks
09-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Williams is a bum, and Cotto would be a much easier fight than what you saw tonight. Cotto is damn there punch drunk as we speak, and he's always in danger of being knocked out with that suspect chin of his. Floyd would be way too fast for Williams and Cotto. Shane is the only one that has a long shot of catching Floyd.

Williams ain't no bum, dude is a freak of nature. His work rate is amazing, he handled Wright with absolute ease. He can EASILY throw a thousand punches in a fight without tiring. In the Margarito fight he through I think it was around 1,200 punches. He's got the perfect style to beat Mayweather. Quintana got him in their first fight but you saw what happened in the 2nd fight.

Cotto's chin is good, the only time he's been TKO'd was against a man who used plaster in his wraps, not only that but it was in the 11th round after Cotto's nose was broken. Cotto's a beast, Mayweather doesn't have enough power to KO him. Once Cotto moved up in weight his chin problems were over. Oh and Mayweather's power won't work on a real WW like Cotto, Mosely, Clottey or Williams.

You're overrating Mayweather, he's looked impressive against small guys but it's not gonna be the case against a true WW. There's a reason Mayweather's been ducking these guys.

TheMACHINE
09-20-2009, 12:59 AM
why do i have a feeling that PBF will be ducking manny. lol

Hooks
09-20-2009, 01:01 AM
If Cotto loses to Pacquiao in November, I doubt Mayweather would have any interest in him.

Any combination of Pacman, Mayweather or Mosley would be good :tu

Marquez, and Barrera both gave Pacman very tough fights, mainly because how good they were at counter punching which Floyd is very good at. IDK how this fight goes, Pacman is much different than Marquez. Pacman throws a mean straight left hand which Floyd is vulnerable to.

EDIT:

Oh and Marquez was having a ROUGH time getting past Casamayor and Diaz, he almost lost both those fights taking place at lower weight classes so WW was a really bad idea for him.

TheMACHINE
09-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Marquez, and Barrera both gave Pacman very tough fights, mainly because how good they were at counter punching which Floyd is very good at. IDK how this fight goes, Pacman is much different than Marquez. Pacman throws a mean straight left hand which Floyd is vulnerable to.

EDIT:

Oh and Marquez was having a ROUGH time getting past Casamayor and Diaz, he almost lost both those fights taking place at lower weight classes so WW was a really bad idea for him.

in addition, im thinking manny being southpaw will make things interesting too.

Also, dont forget that Manny destroyed Barrera the first fight.

BeeGee
09-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Bullshit. It was a total mismatch because Marquez isn't nearly the class of fighter Floyd is. Floyd routinely makes these so-called great fighters look like shit. Everybody wants a piece of Floyd because they want that money. Fuck them. He calls the shots and at his stature, he picks the fights he wants. Pacqiao's ass is next up to get made look stupid. Moseley is a fuckin has-been who can only beat guys bigger and slower than him like Margarito was. Please...he beats Margarito and a fuckin completely washed up Vargas, gets handled by Cotto, and he thinks he deserves a shot? Get the fuck back, squarehead. Cotto is allergic to anybody with the ability to counterpunch effectively. Floyd would embarrass him in San Juan or in Madison Square Garden, guaranteed. None of these muthafuckas outside of maybe Pacquiao are even in Floyd's world. He doesn't need to fight them, so they can all sit DOWN THERE and call the king afraid, but the fact is, he'd shit on all of'em.

Nobody boxes better, nobody's defense is better, and nobody figures out and exploits his opponent easier than Floyd. Moseley looks desperate. The same muthafuckas that claimed Marquez would give Floyd a helluva fight are the same ones crying like babies now, as usual. The same muthafuckas that said Hatton would give Floyd all he can handle are the same ones whining now. The same ones that claimed Oscar beat Floyd, when Floyd gave Oscar a boxing lesson, are the same faggots crying now.

Yeh he talks a mountain of shit, but he backs it up every time. So bring you Mexican champs, Filipino gods, Puerto Rican heroes, and washed up muthafuckas like Moseley begging for a shot he hasn't deserved in 10 years.

Floyd will shit on all of them. That's why he's calling the shots, not them.

ManuTP9
09-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Floyd doesnt have strategies

Yogurt210
09-20-2009, 10:40 AM
These are all B level fighters with the exception of Mosley. I've seen at least 5 fights where Cotto damn there was knocked out. He has heart, but that chin is suspect, and he's way to slow to beat Floyd. Clottey would be a sparring match for Floyd. Williams looks good against fighters that stand in front of him. Even Manny would look like an amateur against Floyd. People thought he would be in for a fight tonight, but you saw what happened against a very good fighter. Mosley is the only one that has a long shot.

2iP-gRyWaB4&feature

lmao you post a vid of cotto getting rocked...but who knocked out both guys those fights! lmao..what a bum.

Cotto fights..floyd runs.

Cotto. PAC. look to fight and trade punches..

Floyd hit's and runs..
hes tries to keep that face pretty.
I dont blame blame him.
but its time to fight somone in thier prime and in his weight now..no more ducking.

Yogurt210
09-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Floyd doesnt have strategies

not in the ring..but outside the ring.
He hand-picks his opponents carefully, therefore he wont need to try much in the ring.

Hooks
09-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Bullshit. It was a total mismatch because Marquez isn't nearly the class of fighter Floyd is. Floyd routinely makes these so-called great fighters look like shit. Everybody wants a piece of Floyd because they want that money. Fuck them. He calls the shots and at his stature, he picks the fights he wants. Pacqiao's ass is next up to get made look stupid. Moseley is a fuckin has-been who can only beat guys bigger and slower than him like Margarito was. Please...he beats Margarito and a fuckin completely washed up Vargas, gets handled by Cotto, and he thinks he deserves a shot? Get the fuck back, squarehead. Cotto is allergic to anybody with the ability to counterpunch effectively. Floyd would embarrass him in San Juan or in Madison Square Garden, guaranteed. None of these muthafuckas outside of maybe Pacquiao are even in Floyd's world. He doesn't need to fight them, so they can all sit DOWN THERE and call the king afraid, but the fact is, he'd shit on all of'em.

Nobody boxes better, nobody's defense is better, and nobody figures out and exploits his opponent easier than Floyd. Moseley looks desperate. The same muthafuckas that claimed Marquez would give Floyd a helluva fight are the same ones crying like babies now, as usual. The same muthafuckas that said Hatton would give Floyd all he can handle are the same ones whining now. The same ones that claimed Oscar beat Floyd, when Floyd gave Oscar a boxing lesson, are the same faggots crying now.

Yeh he talks a mountain of shit, but he backs it up every time. So bring you Mexican champs, Filipino gods, Puerto Rican heroes, and washed up muthafuckas like Moseley begging for a shot he hasn't deserved in 10 years.

Floyd will shit on all of them. That's why he's calling the shots, not them.

Hatton sucked and he's not a real WELTERWEIGHT GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. He was getting rocked by guys like Lazcano, looking like shit against guys like Lazcano, Urango, Collazo etc. ODLH was way past him prime nuff said.

Oh and it was a total mismatch because of how small JMM is, I wonder why Mayweather gave up 600g's to stay at 146? JMM's best fighting weights are at 130 and 125. You'd know if you'd seen the Casamayor fight and the Diaz fight in which he got rocked a few times against a puncher like Diaz he barely won those fights at lower weight classes.

LOL @ him not needing to fight them, you're right he doesn't, but that's cause he's a pussy and he knows it. He's been confronted every single fucken time by some fighter wanting to fight him and he's been punked every time. I've seen Margarito go up to Floyd and offer Floyd more money than Floyd's ever made in his career yet Mayweather turned it down like a bitch.

Go ahead and say Floyd would beat Margarito, Mosely, Cotto, Clottey, Williams, Bottom line is the fights never happened.

Cotto-Mayweather would be huge in MSG all the PRs are on Cotto's nuts.
Oh and to whoever posted that video of Cotto getting rocked, as I said that was before Cotto moved up in weight. @ the lower weight classes Cotto was draining himself, as soon as he moved up his chin problems were pretty much over. I think it was on Cotto-Mosely 24/7...

LOL
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Lol @ Marquez getting his ass whooped last night.

Sdayi135
09-21-2009, 12:43 AM
The point is, you probably don't even know the names of those fighters. Cotto is nothing but a punching bag and is frequent in trouble in his fights. Maybe this is a better vid for you.

Sorry but any victory Margarito has is tainted.

dbreiden83080
09-21-2009, 12:48 AM
In the meantime, Mosley is in the ear of DL and Hopkins working on a way to isolate Floyd and force him to take a 50/50 fight, and Floyd will not take that split as well. He'd like a 60/40 split in his favor if he fights Mosley. Guys like Williams and Margarito are a waste of Floyds time, and while Floyd ponders over his next move, Mosley, DL, and Hopkins are going to use their influence to limit Floyds fights, unless he fights Mosley. Do not be surpirsed if you see Floyd over in Europe fighting Hatton again, because he's the only fighter with a large following that's not caught up into the politics of American boxing.

Ah yes you gotta love the mega fights that we may never get to see because Promoters and fighters with massive Ego's can't get out of the fucking way long enough to let it happen. And it's true about Floyd, anyone he fights not named De La Hoya, he will demand more money, or he won't fight period..

Sdayi135
09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Ah yes you gotta love the mega fights that we may never get to see because Promoters and fighters with massive Ego's can't get out of the fucking way long enough to let it happen. And it's true about Floyd, anyone he fights not named De La Hoya, he will demand more money, or he won't fight period..

Which is why I'll be shocked if Pac/Mayweather happens.

Yogurt210
09-21-2009, 04:01 PM
The point is, you probably don't even know the names of those fighters. Cotto is nothing but a punching bag and is frequent in trouble in his fights. Maybe this is a better vid for you.

tJbQXBKggnU

lmao..I dont know the name of those fighters? How is that the point?
Youre dumb ..

I been watching this sport too long

Ricardo Torres
and DeMarcus Chop Chop Corely.

and no I didnt look shit up.

and you cant claim a legit victory with that tainted ass Margarito fight.

get it thru ur head, PBF is chicken shit.
He hand picks his opponents, we all know that.
Cotto will plow the Pacman
And Floor PBF

dbreiden83080
09-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Which is why I'll be shocked if Pac/Mayweather happens.

And people wonder why MMA has gotten so big. 9 times out of 10, if there is a big fight people want to see it gets made. Boxing is still shooting itself in the foot..

And no i'm not trashing the sport of boxing, I love it, just saying..

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 02:31 PM
So this is what professional boxing has been reduced to?

WWE theatrics and press coverage?

Yay....

Ginobilly
09-22-2009, 03:01 PM
And people wonder why MMA has gotten so big. 9 times out of 10, if there is a big fight people want to see it gets made. Boxing is still shooting itself in the foot..

And no i'm not trashing the sport of boxing, I love it, just saying..

couldn't have said better myself! If nobody wants to fight, why do these guys even get into boxing? MMA is where the action is at!

Yogurt210
09-22-2009, 05:17 PM
couldn't have said better myself! If nobody wants to fight, why do these guys even get into boxing? MMA is where the action is at!

MMA is ok..
boxing is better IMO.

MMA is like Xbox.
While Boxing is like a Chess game.

lol..like my analogies?

Ginobilly
09-22-2009, 11:45 PM
MMA is ok..
boxing is better IMO.

MMA is like Xbox.

lol..like my analogies?

I agree with some of what you say, but they take too fuckin long to make their move, which is why people are getting tired of boxing and watching the MMA more. MMA is like Xbox? Hardly! Boxing vs wrestling vs judo vs karate......

Sdayi135
09-24-2009, 03:39 PM

I said it in a post I'd be shocked if Pac/Mayweather happens, here's why.

Roach rips Floyd performance (http://www.fightnews.com/?p=24161#more-24161)

By Dennis Principe

They still have to deal with Miguel Cotto but Hall-of-Fame trainer Freddie Roach just couldn’t hold back in talking about Floyd Mayweather, Jr. The day he arrived in Baguio City to hook up with his prized fighter Manny Pacquiao, Roach told Fightnews that Mayweather missed the chance of gaining enough bargaining leverage in his latest fight against Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez. “The fight was there for the taking but he just couldn’t finish Marquez because he doesn‘t have the balls to finish him off ,” said Roach. “The only way that he could have benefited in fighting Marquez was by knocking him out and doing something Manny couldn’t do. He’s a great boxer and I can’t take that away from him. But he’s not exciting. He doesn’t make me jump off my seat. That’s what boxing needs.”

As for Mayweather’s chances against Pacquiao, Roach admits its going to be a difficult fight but quickly adds the Filipino multi-division world champion’s skills would eventually lead them to a victory.

“Mayweather’s not the bravest guy in the world so you got to take chances. He’s a very difficult style for anyone but with enough punching power and pressure I think my fighter can get him because I’ve got the best fighter in the world,” said Roach.

Roach thinks the most difficult aspect of dealing with Mayweather is not inside the ring but on the negotiating table.

“It’s what the world wants to see. But the thing is, can you get him sign the contract? I don’t know. It’s going to be difficult because he thinks he’s going to get all the money,” said Roach. “If he thinks he’s going to get equal money with us, he’s crazy. He needs us, we don’t need him.”

Roach justified his assessment of Mayweather’s marketability by describing the American’s 12-round decision win against Marquez last weekend at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas.

“Let’s face it, the guy that puts asses on the seats is Manny Pacquiao. Mayweather doesn’t draw. Against Marquez the venue was 80% Mexican,” said Roach.

Pacquiao (49-3-2, 37 knockouts) will battle Cotto (34-1, 27 KOs) over 12-rounds for the Puerto Rican’s World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight crown on Nov. 14 at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas. Both combatants agreed to fight at a catch weight of 145 lb.

Next week, Pacquiao shifts to higher gear as he gets to face
four sparring partners led by undefeated A merican boxer Shawn Porter. All are capable of simulating the style of Cotto, according to Roach.

“Porter is my main guy right now. He’s 11-0 with 10 knockouts and is a light middleweight who’s got a strong left hook,” said Roach.

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Bob Arum and Roach aint gonna tolerate the weight bullshit PBF pulled on Marquez either.

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 04:25 PM
MMA is ok..
boxing is better IMO.

MMA is like Xbox.

lol..like my analogies?

Doesn't really make sense...in any way...

Boxing is boxing...and...boxing

MMA is boxing...and wrestling...and jiu jitsu...and judo...and...

Boxing is checkers...MMA is chess...

dbreiden83080
09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
“It’s what the world wants to see. But the thing is, can you get him sign the contract? I don’t know. It’s going to be difficult because he thinks he’s going to get all the money,” said Roach. “If he thinks he’s going to get equal money with us, he’s crazy. He needs us, we don’t need him.”

This is a massive horse-shit statement right here out of Roach. If Floyd said tomorrow he wanted 50/50 they'd be all over it. The fight will generate so much friggin money. The kind of money Manny can't make fighting anyone else. 50/50 with Floyd is better than 90/10 with just about any other contender, and by the looks of how Manny caters to his entourage, he likely needs the money.. Problem is Floyd will want 60/40 or more, his greed is insane..

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 11:31 AM
This is a massive horse-shit statement right here out of Roach. If Floyd said tomorrow he wanted 50/50 they'd be all over it. The fight will generate so much friggin money. The kind of money Manny can't make fighting anyone else. 50/50 with Floyd is better than 90/10 with just about any other contender, and by the looks of how Manny caters to his entourage, he likely needs the money.. Problem is Floyd will want 60/40 or more, his greed is insane..

u think PBF/Pac will get more money then DLH/Pac?

Sdayi135
09-25-2009, 07:45 PM

If it's 50/50, get ready to hear the "slave wages" complaint from Floyd's mouth again.

I like the chances of seeing pigs fly than Floyd/Pac agreeing to terms on a fight giving the greed and egos involved in this.

Yogurt210
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Cotto is just Tito part 2, with much less punching power. It would be an easy fight for Floyd, and I'd have money on this for sure.

Tito is more boxer-esque
while Cotto is tougher and more of a brawler.
but he does have some boxing skill too.

Any fighter the fights floyd will have to have a super stiff Jab in order to even stand a chance.
Cotto, none the less, has a pretty good Jab. He also pounds the body like no other.

Now as far as punching power goes compared to Tito....has tito ever broke anyone's ribs or dislocated peoples shoulder? lol..Cotto has..

One punch stun/"flash" knockdown power..Tito has
Actually hurting someone so they feel it weeks afterwards...Cotto has.

Yogurt210
09-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Doesn't really make sense...in any way...

Boxing is boxing...and...boxing

MMA is boxing...and wrestling...and jiu jitsu...and judo...and...

Boxing is checkers...MMA is chess...

boxing has more rules...more class...
hence a chess game.

MMA is pretty much reckless, you can do anything you want..compared to boxing.
Hence like today's XBOX games...instant action.

MMA just gets old to me..fast...
you kinda get used to the KO's
you always expect them.

in boxing, its more of a surprise..which I like.

just my opinion.

CubanSucks
10-01-2009, 03:44 AM
sons, i only know about 2 boxers, Mayweather and Pacq...whatever

CubanSucks
10-01-2009, 03:45 AM
i do know enough to know that freddie roach is a fucking annoying prick