PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider Manu a Euro?

Leetonidas
09-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I see this being brought up a lot on RealGM and it's annoying. People argue a lot over who is the best Euro or whatever and it always happens. Someone says Manu, then someone else disagrees and says that he is from Argentina therefore not a Euro but someone else will say Ginobili is Italian and he has dual citizenship...etc.

So, what do you guys think?

mookie2001
09-20-2009, 10:55 PM
parkers better and hes a real euro

doesnt really matter though, i generally group all non-americans together

Amuseddaysleeper
09-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Tony Parker is no Manu Ginobili, but Manu is from Argentina

mookie2001
09-20-2009, 10:57 PM
dont really want to turn this into tony v manu but tony is better, that is a fact

Amuseddaysleeper
09-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Me either, considering Ginobili is clearly the better player

mookie2001
09-20-2009, 10:59 PM
hes better at losing playoff series for us

Amuseddaysleeper
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
yeah parker was amazing in the 2004 playoffs against the Lakers.

I love Parker, I just think this thread is already doomed.

Leetonidas
09-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Tony Parker NOW is obviously better than Ginobili, at this point in their respective careers. However, that is not the point, so let's not hijack this thread.

yeah parker was amazing in the 2004 playoffs against the Lakers.

He was in the first two games. But come on, he was like barely 21 years old. Give the dude some credit. They clogged the paint and forced the Spurs hit outside shots and no one did. You can blame Hedo a lot more than Tony.

Darthkiller
09-20-2009, 11:13 PM
manu had a better PER before inury

spursfan09
09-20-2009, 11:13 PM
:lol

Damn shouldn't have even came in here.

spursfan09
09-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Tony Parker NOW is obviously better than Ginobili, at this point in their respective careers. However, that is not the point, so let's not hijack this thread.

He was in the first two games. But come on, he was like barely 21 years old. Give the dude some credit. They clogged the paint and forced the Spurs hit outside shots and no one did. You can blame Hedo a lot more than Tony.

Good Point.

And this also pushed Tony to be a more consistent jump shooter now.

Amuseddaysleeper
09-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Guys, I'm just talking smack cuz this is where the thread was going. It's silly to mention Manu losing a series for us, when he's won us more series than Parker has.

Either way, I got no beef with Tony at all, I'm just goofin

mookie2001
09-20-2009, 11:19 PM
its silly to mention the 2009 and 2008 nba playoffs?

not to mention 2006...

spursfan09
09-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Where's Ducks btw?

BlackSwordsMan
09-20-2009, 11:24 PM
no he's not a euro but if he was he'd be the best euro on the spurs team

Typhoon
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Where's Ducks btw?

sucking dick

manu>>>>>>>>>>>>>gayker

Libri
09-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Manu is not a Euro.

mookie2001
09-20-2009, 11:33 PM
when people say manu is better, they have to be totally basing that on his gold medal and international career, thats the only logical reason why anyone would ever consider manu being better

if you cheer for gold medals, awesome more power to you, but this the nba, the BIG LEAGUES, the show, when you say basketball, its the only thing that fucking matters, period.

christian lattener is polishing his gold medal right now

parker is better and in the years 2008 and on its not even close, yes manus skin color is like yours, he speaks spanish, he has long hair, he plays with "heart" take the bullshit emotion out of it

spursfan09
09-20-2009, 11:39 PM
sucking dick

manu>>>>>>>>>>>>>gayker

If you really don't like Tony, then you shouldn't bother being a Spur fan anymore. It must suck to have a player you hate on a team you love.

spursfan09
09-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Manu wouldn't be considered the best Euro anyway. I think Dirk is, and in fact he might be the best international player.

TMTTRIO
09-20-2009, 11:47 PM
No and as far as international players go in the NBA there are several players before him including TP. As far as overall international player accomplishments Manu would be near the top.

Leetonidas
09-20-2009, 11:52 PM
If you really don't like Tony, then you shouldn't bother being a Spur fan anymore. It must suck to have a player you hate on a team you love.

This.

I don't see how so many people can hate certain players on the team. Sure, there are more players I like than others but I couldn't hate a player on our team.

Except for Beno. Fuck Beno.

jason1301
09-21-2009, 12:19 AM
I see this being brought up a lot on RealGM and it's annoying. People argue a lot over who is the best Euro or whatever and it always happens. Someone says Manu, then someone else disagrees and says that he is from Argentina therefore not a Euro but someone else will say Ginobili is Italian and he has dual citizenship...etc.

that dual citizenship argument is BS --he had Italian passport only b/c he played in an Italian team. Playing for an European team shouldn't make you European! End of story :P

Was Manu the best sixth player in the NBA? Is he American? NO!

At the moment he is an NBA player, before he played in the Europe. That makes him one of best NBA players that come from Europe. Was he born there, NO. What difference does that make?

I don't think the problem is the answer (Manu being one the best European players in the NBA) the problem is with the question!

for example;

Who is the best NBA player born in the virgin islands? Timmy of course!

you guys need to be more specific and try to clarify what's the question you are trying to answer. Are you talking about European born players or players that played in Europe previously (i.e. made a name in Europe first and then came to the NBA).

But for Christ sake, Manu is NOT Italian. He is Argentinian! Also he modeled pats of his game on the great Dejan Dodironga, one of the best European player to never play in the NBA in my opinion. Maybe better than Manu himself. That make him "European" in my eyes.

raspsa
09-21-2009, 01:23 AM
no but his game is.

spursfan09
09-21-2009, 01:29 AM
This.

I don't see how so many people can hate certain players on the team. Sure, there are more players I like than others but I couldn't hate a player on our team.

Except for Beno. Fuck Beno.

:lol

well lucky for us, Pop hated Beno to.

DMX7
09-21-2009, 01:59 AM
Parker is better than Manu, didn't used to be, but he is now.

completely deck
09-21-2009, 02:32 AM
parkers better and hes a real euro

dont really want to turn this into tony v manu but tony is better, that is a fact

you're a fucking terrible poster, that is a fact.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-21-2009, 03:13 AM
this is going to end well...

Muser
09-21-2009, 05:37 AM
No.

And Tony is better right now.

waly.mg
09-21-2009, 08:24 AM
What a Question ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

In Fact, everybody is from where he Born, but sometimes there´s a problem
Tony parker is more an american player than Manu is an Euro Player, because Tony´s Father Born in USA and Manu´s father born in Argentina.
Kobe Braynt grow up in Italy and he´s American, and if he would born in Italy when his father live in Italy and he can´t be and Euro Player
A lot of American Players have Euro´s Grandfathers and they are americans.
Probably everyone is where he played when he was a Kid:
Manu in Argentina and Tony in France

mookie2001
09-21-2009, 09:04 AM
you're a fucking terrible poster, that is a fact.
so im wrong then, you think manu is better?

timaios
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
What a Question ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

In Fact, everybody is from where he Born, but sometimes there´s a problem
Tony parker is more an american player than Manu is an Euro Player, because Tony´s Father Born in USA and Manu´s father born in Argentina.
Kobe Braynt grow up in Italy and he´s American, and if he would born in Italy when his father live in Italy and he can´t be and Euro Player
A lot of American Players have Euro´s Grandfathers and they are americans.
Probably everyone is where he played when he was a Kid:
Manu in Argentina and Tony in France

Why are you talking only of their fathers. You know that these guys have also mothers.
I say that because Tony's mother is dutch.

xellos88330
09-21-2009, 10:12 AM
He played for Italy so I consider him a Euro.

it's me
09-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Yes I'm an idiot

Hahahaha what a fucking idiot… … NORTH America is overrated… and NORTH Americans are overrated and overrate everything related to this country……. (great country that I love) FACT… Manu is a good player…. Now heading to the end of his carrer, but he was great. Mokie is a terrible poster… Now just using the forum to expel all his hate…. I’m starting to believe his mom has been buttfucked by an Argentinian….. maybe not his mom, maybe it was him…. but secretly hi fingers himself in front of a long haired Manu picture. Cheers

mookie2001
09-21-2009, 10:47 AM
im not north american pedro im american

Solid D
09-21-2009, 10:52 AM
im not north american pedro im american

:rollin

...and mookie's not from USA, he's from Texas. Actually, check that...mookie's not from Texas, he's from Victoria.

anonoftheinternets
09-21-2009, 01:22 PM
:rollin

...and mookie's not from USA, he's from Texas. Actually, check that...mookie's not from Texas, he's from Victoria.

doesnt change the fact that his tired old cliche act is pathetic....

Freeze
09-21-2009, 01:43 PM

Manu is FIBA, and so is Tony.
Euro is part of the FIBA, but everything in FIBA is not Euro.
/End of topic.

Freeze
09-21-2009, 01:44 PM
He played for Italy so I consider him a Euro.

He played in Italy.
He played for Argentina.

/end of topic.

Muser
09-21-2009, 01:52 PM
It's a pretty retarded question. He was born in Argentina, that makes him a south american.

completely deck
09-21-2009, 02:04 PM
so im wrong then, you think manu is better?

No, I won't even tell you what side I'm on because it doesn't matter. you started a shitty debate, making you a shitty poster

waly.mg
09-21-2009, 06:09 PM
In Fact if Tony is Euro, Manu is American
Or if Tony is French, Manu is Argentine

Or how should we call to the people of the America's Continent?

The name of the Country is United States of America, not America, America is the Continent

In all the country the americans are Estadounidenses, not north americans, because the Canadians are North Americans too

mookie2001
09-21-2009, 06:35 PM
shitty debate
the OP- whos the best euro?

nobody cares what you call people of a continent

ploto
09-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Manu only played in Europe for four years.

ezau
09-22-2009, 05:41 AM
Manu is one of the greatest, if not the greatest Latin American players to play the game and obviously the greatest SG that continent has ever produced.
He does have Italian roots but the dude played for Argentina. Sorry, he's no Euro

temujin
09-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Ginobili is obviously an Argie, witness the epic episodes in the Argentina's national team.
Wth an obvious italian origin, like 30% of the Argies, hence the double passport.
He came to Italy where he played for 4 years, 2 of which under one of top 5 coaches in the world.
One could almost say that he actually came BACK to Italy, like nearly 80.000 Argies original emigrants with the double nationality, after Argentina's default.
He learnt a lot, including all the "good tricks".

So he's not a Euro, but the Euro origin are quite visible.
In fact, he is no less euro than a lot of "italian" rugby and soccer players that were born and raised in Argentina and actiually play for the Italian national teams.

Having met several Argies, there is a special relationship between the two countries that is not easy to explain to outsiders.