PDA

View Full Version : Your superbowl favorites after 2 weeks

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Here are my top 5:

1) Giants - 2-0 even with all the injuries, their biggest question mark (WR) seems to be fine, when healthy easily a top 5 defense

2) Steelers - Out played the hell out of Chicago but found a way to lose. Gotta keep 'em here till I really see otherwise. The offensive line looked a lot better this week.

3) Ravens - The D is gonna need to get better, but the offense looks better than it's ever been during the Ray Lewis era. They've got some work to do in the secondary but they look better than they were last year.

4) Patriots - I'm not ready to drop them outa the top 5 yet until they lose 1-2 more games.

5) Jets - Yup, the fuckin Jets. By far the best defense in the NFL through 2 weeks, a rookie QB who knows his role, and an offense that can control the ball and keep the defense off the field plus get points when need be.

Ghazi
09-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Vikings

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Vikings

:lmao

IronMexican
Raiders and Jets

Ditty
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
ravens

mardigan
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
ravens

+1, they will be great once they fix their secondary.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-20-2009, 11:13 PM
The Jets? Nah, kid has to prove he can win consistently in this league first. Their D is legit though.

Dark horse for me is the Falcons. Ryan has looked pretty damn good.

Ghazi
09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
A D is a man on a motha fuckin mission!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-20-2009, 11:15 PM
The Jets? Nah, kid has to prove he can win consistently in this league first. Their D is legit though.

Dark horse for me is the Falcons. Ryan has looked pretty damn good.

I think the Falcons and Jets are interchangeable as dark horses. One has an offense we know will be there with a defense that needs to prove itself, while the other has a defense we know will be there with an offense that needs to prove itself. It's a matter of opinion, but gimme da defense oriented team.

09-20-2009, 11:17 PM
And the Saints need to be in the mix somewhere.

Brees' grasp of that offense is unreal right now. Their D looks to be improved, but hasn't really been tested yet.

kbrury
09-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Ravens, D will get better as the season goes along. Flacco is improving quite a bit also.

Amarelooms
09-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Your list is complete shit...the Giants barely beat the Cowboys and Romo sucked ass. Saints are a top 5 team...no one can score more than them :elephant

mojorizen7
09-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Tennessee
and
Naw-lenz Saints

IronMexican
09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
If Mark Sanchez playes good next week, I'm going to jizz all over his pictures.

Spurs rock
09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Vikings

mardigan
09-20-2009, 11:44 PM
If Mark Sanchez playes good next week, I'm going to jizz all over his pictures.

Come on now, we all know that has happened multiple times already.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Your list is complete shit...the Giants barely beat the Cowboys and Romo sucked ass. Saints are a top 5 team...no one can score more than them :elephant

The Giants barely beat the Cowboys when they were missing half their fuckin defense......keep in mind also the Cowboys are a good (not great) team.

IronMexican
09-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Come on now, we all know that has happened multiple times already.

Lol

He's way outplayed my expectations, though. I said the Lions should have drafted him. Obviously the Lions wouldn't make him look nearly this good but still. Lions should have went Monroe.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Tennessee

Um.....they're 0-2.....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Lions should have went Monroe.

+1

Before you find your franchise QB you need to make sure his blind side is protected.

09-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Sanchez wouldn't have done any better in Detroit.

Stafford is trying to do too much. He's going to struggle early because he doesn't have what Sanchez has; a running game, good D and a rock solid OL.

If Stafford's going to amount to anything, then these early struggles will only make him better later on.

Why go Monroe #1 when you can draft Stafford and Oher at #20? Wait, there's a TE on the board?

Fucking idiots.

IronMexican
09-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Sanchez wouldn't have done any better in Detroit.

Stafford is trying to do too much. He's going to struggle early because he doesn't have what Sanchez has; a running game, good D and a rock solid OL.

If Stafford's going to amount to anything, then these early struggles will only make him better later on.

Why go Monroe #1 when you can draft Stafford and Oher at #20? Wait, there's a TE on the board?

Fucking idiots.

How is Pettigrew doing? I always side with going LT to start a franchise. You have a much higher chance of succeeding at that pick when you do. Sure, sometimes you miss out on a player like Matt Ryan, but you also have Tim Couch and about a million other QB's to name. I think it's so much easier for a QB coming in when you already have the line established, obviously.

09-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Shitty, but they're all going to look shitty on a team that's lost 19 straight.

The point is that they could have had both in the first round instead of taking a blocking TE.

Plus, Monroe has knee issues. Too much of a medical risk at #1.

dirk4mvp
09-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Pats in the top 5 when they pulled a win out of their ass against a pretty bad Bills team and looking like complete dog shit today does not compute. Not to metion their D (with or without Mayo) looks pretty pathetic.

IronMexican
09-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Shitty, but they're all going to look shitty on a yram that's lost 19 straight.

The point is that they could have had both in the first round.

Plus, Monroe had knee issues.

There was also Jason Smith and Andre Smith to go with. Andre Smith is hurt, though.

dirk4mvp
09-21-2009, 12:20 AM
I agree with DLF about the Falcons.

IronMexican
09-21-2009, 12:22 AM
In the NFC, I got Atlanta, Eggles(Yeah, they looked bad with no McNabb) and the G men.

23LeBronJames23
09-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Seahawks

LOL texans
09-21-2009, 12:26 AM
A D is a man on a motha fuckin mission!

Vikings....weren't you just deep throating Brees and the Aints.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Pats in the top 5 when they pulled a win out of their ass against a pretty bad Bills team and looking like complete dog shit today does not compute. Not to metion their D (with or without Mayo) looks pretty pathetic.

How is their D the problem? I agree that me putting them in the top 5 is suspect.....but their D has not been the problem this year.

dirk4mvp
09-21-2009, 01:53 AM
I think it's gonna be a problem as the season goes on. They've played some pretty average offenses so far that hasn't been able to take advantage of their weak secondary.

crc21209
09-21-2009, 01:55 AM
My darkhorse in the NFC is Matty Ice and the Falcons. They have a nice balanced offense, a surprisingly alright D, and a young QB who is pretty damn clutch. :tu

ATRAIN
09-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Jets - AFC That D is the real deal and Sanchez is good enough to fit the role they need.
Falcons/Saints - NFC

xellos88330
09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
49'ers and Bills baby!!!

I always root for those two to make it since they never faced off in the Superbowl back in the day.

Warlord23
09-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Good thread.

NFC: Vikings, Saints, Giants
AFC: Jets, Ravens

Even I wouldn't put the Steelers up there yet. But it's early days and hopefully they can peak at the right time.

bostonguy
09-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Here are my top 5:

1) Giants - 2-0 even with all the injuries, their biggest question mark (WR) seems to be fine, when healthy easily a top 5 defense

2) Steelers - Out played the hell out of Chicago but found a way to lose. Gotta keep 'em here till I really see otherwise. The offensive line looked a lot better this week.

3) Ravens - The D is gonna need to get better, but the offense looks better than it's ever been during the Ray Lewis era. They've got some work to do in the secondary but they look better than they were last year.

4) Patriots - I'm not ready to drop them outa the top 5 yet until they lose 1-2 more games.

5) Jets - Yup, the fuckin Jets. By far the best defense in the NFL through 2 weeks, a rookie QB who knows his role, and an offense that can control the ball and keep the defense off the field plus get points when need be.

Giants as #1???
:lmao:lmao

Their run d got raped yesterday. Healthy or not, all offseason I kept hearing how deep they were on the dline. They were just lucky the Cowboys were a stupid team. Their run game isn't nearly as strong as it was a year ago. Losing Ward hurts them because it forces Jacobs to carry more of the load and he wears down and gets injured when that happens. Cowboys simply gave that game away last night. I am hardly impressed with them.

bostonguy
09-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Also if Mcnabb is healthy, Eagles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Giants.

kamikazi_player
09-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Chargers

DPG21920
09-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Pretty much every team looks crappy. I know the league wants parity, but they want it with all the teams being good, not looking like sh*t. I have been disappointed with the quality of play overall.

Only a couple of teams have even looked remotely good.

Dr. Gonzo
09-21-2009, 02:43 PM
The Saints can be there if their defense can be above average at best. The Ravens look really good now that they have an offense to go with that D.

Dr. Gonzo
09-21-2009, 02:43 PM
But of course everyone knows that the road to the SB goes through Houston this year.

monosylab1k
09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Can't put New England in the top 5 or even top 10 until Brady really returns, if he ever does. Right now he's not even as good as Cassel was last year. If that trend continues, the Patriots aren't a playoff team. If Brady returns to form, they're definitely a playoff team and probably a title contender. We'll see.

Right now for me it's -

1. Ravens
2. Saints
3. 49ers
4. Colts
5. Giants

dirk4mvp
09-21-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't know what's going on but mono just put the Colts in the top 5.

manufan10
09-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Saints and Ravens

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Pretty much every team looks crappy. I know the league wants parity, but they want it with all the teams being good, not looking like sh*t. I have been disappointed with the quality of play overall.

Only a couple of teams have even looked remotely good.

This post does an impeccable job summing the season up so far :tu

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Putting New England in the top five was probably somewhat biased on my part, but I just want to see that there's more to their struggles than a slow start. If they lose another game or even look like shit next week and luck their way into a win, I agree with Monos that they're not even the top 10.

And Bostonguy, no amount of depth will effectively replace two players as good as Chris Canty and Justin Tuck. Their secondary, an area where they don't have a ton of depth, is also really depleted right now. It's not a popular pick, but my view is that every team has a lot of question marks right now, and theirs are the smallest.

DAF86
09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't know what's going on but mono just put the Colts in the top 5.

The Colts will win it all this year, book it. Manning is the best QB in the league and beign under the radar this year may help him overcome his "choking" problems.

Thunder Dan
09-21-2009, 05:42 PM
my pick is still the Browns

dirk4mvp
09-21-2009, 05:47 PM
The Colts will win it all this year, book it. Manning is the best QB in the league and beign under the radar this year may help him overcome his "choking" problems.

He's not Argentinian.

symple19
09-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Can't put New England in the top 5 or even top 10 until Brady really returns, if he ever does. Right now he's not even as good as Cassel was last year. If that trend continues, the Patriots aren't a playoff team. If Brady returns to form, they're definitely a playoff team and probably a title contender. We'll see.

Right now for me it's -

1. Ravens
2. Saints
3. 49ers
4. Colts
5. Giants

Wow --- I'm a huge Niner fan but I won't go that far. Sure, i'm more optimistic this year than I have been in a long time, but top five NO WAY. I'd replace the Niners with the Pats or the Steelers. It's just a matter of time before they get it going again.

The other four teams are viable.

Since the Niners have won two division games to start, they might be able to win the West. Shaun Hill has to be the most un-sexy QB maybe ever, but he seems to know how to get it done. He's 9-3 overall as a starter. Gore has to stay healthy. Defense looks pretty good. We'll see, but it's soooo early. (Niners started 2-0 in 07')

LOL texans
09-21-2009, 05:55 PM
The usual supspects.

Colts, Pats, Steelers. Nothing has changed except I'd throw in the Ravens and in the NFC, the Vikings. Their D will rape the Saints as AD will rape their D. I'tll be a gang bang. Giants are good, but got gashed and barely beat the Cowboys with a 4 turnover advantage. Baby Bro can only do so much for them.

Oh, and :lol @ texan fans putting Jets up there because they beat their ass.

DAF86
09-21-2009, 05:58 PM
He's not Argentinian.

That's why he is a choker.

Gramatica not beign a QB is what makes Manning the best QB in the league.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Gramatica not beign a QB is what makes Manning the best QB in the league.

Gramatica is one of the biggest jokes and choking faggots in NFL history. How big of a pussy do you have to be to tear your ACL during a field goal celebration

THEOhioSt.University
09-21-2009, 06:19 PM
I think your list should include the Cincinnati Bnegals. Stop laughing and let me explain. They are one lucky, last second tipped pass from being 2-0. The defense is playing awesome and the offense will be coming together soon. Benson is playing great and Carson just needs to get the rust off. I have already purchased my super bowl ticket to watch the Bengals win it all.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-21-2009, 06:23 PM
It's a little premature to call the Bengals a top 5 team IMO(this thread wasn't meant to be a dissection of my list, it was intended for everyone to make a list)

THEOhioSt.University
09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Ok here is the real top 5
1. Giants- can run and pass and play defense
2. Saints- may score 40+ points every game
3. Colts- they will get it together and regulate
4. Ravens- defense and now offense
5. Bengals- green bay beat chicago, chicago beat steelers, and bengals beat green bay which eqauls bengals are better than steelers. I think thats how it works.

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Saints
Giants
Steelers
Vikes
DEF NOT THE BENGALS

THEOhioSt.University
09-21-2009, 07:07 PM
listen blowjobforbig50, the Bengals are in the top 5

HighLowLobForBig-50
09-21-2009, 07:10 PM

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
lol Bengals
lol Brandon Stockley

jack sommerset
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Broncos vs 49ers.........4-0

J.T.
09-22-2009, 02:00 AM

Receivers dropping balls in playoff games and refs waiting till overtime to throw phantom defensive holding flags isn't Manning choking. Manning really hasn't choked in the postseason since 2004.

LOL texans
09-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Receivers dropping balls in playoff games and refs waiting till overtime to throw phantom defensive holding flags isn't Manning choking. Manning really hasn't choked in the postseason since 2004.

Word son.

DAF86
09-22-2009, 03:46 PM

Well, let's say that he doesn't perform at the same level he does in the regular season. Even the year they won he didn't play as well as he does during the RG. He didn't deserve to win the superbowl MVP.

slayermin
09-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Chargers
Cowboys
Steelers
Ravens
Patriots

crc21209
09-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Too damn early to tell...I mean the freakin' 49ers of all teams are 2-0! :lol

vander
09-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Chargers vs. Saints

you heard it here first

edit: I can't believe all the Ravens love in here

for fuck's sake Norv blew that game on like 6 separate occasions, we had just lost Williams for the season and hadn't had a chance to adjust yet, plus our D line is extremely young and raw, they get better by the game and by the snap.
Once the O-line gets healthy and Norv learns to use Bennett and they start scoring more than 2.4 points per redzone possession, they will start to destroy teams. haven't you people learned anything about the chargers in recent years? they play their worst football in September and October, this year is no different, they're operating at about 60% right now

LOL texans
09-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Chargers vs. Saints

you heard it here first

edit: I can't believe all the Ravens love in here

for fuck's sake Norv blew that game on like 6 separate occasions, we had just lost Williams for the season and hadn't had a chance to adjust yet, plus our D line is extremely young and raw, they get better by the game and by the snap.
Once the O-line gets healthy and Norv learns to use Bennett and they start scoring more than 2.4 points per redzone possession, they will start to destroy teams. haven't you people learned anything about the chargers in recent years? they play their worst football in September and October, this year is no different, they're operating at about 60% right now

Norv getting a team into the Super Bowl is one of those things in life that just aint never gonna happen bro. Havent YOU learned anything?

THEOhioSt.University
09-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Are we starting to believe that the Bengals are in the top 5? They get better and better every week. Oh and Jamarcus Russel is the sorriest, most god-awful quarterback ever to walk the face of the earth (just in case you didnt know).

LakerHater
09-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Manning Bowl!

crc21209
09-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Manning Bowl!

Oh god please no I can't stand either one...:lol I just can't.

vander
01-05-2010, 06:59 PM
bump

lefty
01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Here are my top 5:

:p:

IronMexican
01-05-2010, 08:11 PM
picking the Giants and Steelers? lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Damn Vander is out to make me look dumb with the rusty pipe treatment I've delivered him in Moss vs. Welker.

vander
01-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Damn Vander is out to make me look dumb with the rusty pipe treatment I've delivered him in Moss vs. Welker.

hilarious coincidence that you started this thread :lol
I just wanted to bring back everyone's SB picks after seeing that new SB pick thread

looks like your ability to evaluate whole teams matches your ability to evaluate WRs :lol