PDA

View Full Version : Who will have the better year Arenas or McGrady?

Double-Up
09-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Saw on another forum wanted to get an unbiased opinion...I pick McGrady because he's in a contract year. Who you got?

21_Blessings
09-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Both will get injured.

Culburn369
09-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Both will get injured.

& once that happens all Rocketdom will state that they're a much better team without McGrady.

jazzypimp
09-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I want to play the rockets in the first round again this year. Those were good times.

Double-Up
09-22-2009, 10:28 AM
& once that happens all Rocketdom will state that they're a much better team without McGrady.

Really? :lol

lil_penny
09-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Wish them both the best.. I've got more faith in t mac though

Culburn369
09-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Really? :lol

Sure. Just going by your fandom's past behavior.

Double-Up
09-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Sure. Just going by your fandom's past behavior.

"Hustletown the city of dreams, we creep through the hood and we serve them dope fiends. -SPM"

DJB
09-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Arenas, no question

JamStone
09-22-2009, 12:47 PM
I'd say Arenas as well. Arenas still seems to be the type of guy who has the fire and will let the doubters fuel him with motivation. To me, McGrady seems like a beaten man who's given up despite what he says and what reports there are about how he's going to be a force this upcoming season again. The added pressure to carry the team without Yao Ming also makes me think that not only mentally and emotionally will it be a burden for T-Mac, but all the more likely having to carry the load offensively would lend itself to a higher likelihood he reinjures his back.

anonoftheinternets
09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
manu ginobili ...

The Franchise
09-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I want to play the rockets in the first round again this year. Those were good times.

With the depth we have now compared to the last time we met, I would rethink that. I would like to see you guys in the playoffs again as well, but for different reasons. I don't think you guys can get it done against the team we have now.

Then
Rafer Alston
Tracy McGrady
Shane Battier
Luis Scola
Dikembe Mutombo

Bench
Aaron Brooks
Luther Head
Mike Harris
Carl Landry
Chuck Hayes

Now
Aaron Brooks
Tracy McGrady
Trevor Ariza
Luis Scola
David Anderson

Bench
Kyle Lowry
Chase Budinger/Jermaine Taylor
Shane Battier
Carl Landry/Pops
Joey Dorsey/Pops/Chuck Hayes

We took you to the last seconds of a game seven with that lunch bunch, and you want to face us with the depth and talent we have now? You do realize you're essentially the same squad that struggled with that shit we called a team back then? I sincerely hope, wish, and pray your wish comes true. :toast

Will Hunting
09-22-2009, 03:11 PM
manu ginobili ...

This isn't about Manu Ginobili, if you're looking for a Spurs mouth breather thread you're in the wrong forum.

sook
09-22-2009, 03:19 PM
With the depth we have now compared to the last time we met, I would rethink that. I would like to see you guys in the playoffs again as well, but for different reasons. I don't think you guys can get it done against the team we have now.

Then
Rafer Alston
Tracy McGrady
Shane Battier
Luis Scola
Dikembe Mutombo

Bench
Aaron Brooks
Luther Head
Mike Harris
Carl Landry
Chuck Hayes

Now
Aaron Brooks
Tracy McGrady
Trevor Ariza
Luis Scola
David Anderson

Bench
Kyle Lowry
Chase Budinger/Jermaine Taylor
Shane Battier
Carl Landry/Pops
Joey Dorsey/Pops/Chuck Hayes

We took you to the last seconds of a game seven with that lunch bunch, and you want to face us with the depth and talent we have now? You do realize you're essentially the same squad that struggled with that shit we called a team back then? I sincerely hope, wish, and pray your wish comes true. :toast

I don't know man, they have some wierd voodoo over us. You forgot to factor that in, ever since the playoffs in 97' and that stock shot

djohn2oo8
09-22-2009, 03:20 PM
I'll say McGrady....This probably the hardest he has worked out in his life

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5092/20090921221858.jpg

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8717/20090921222245.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7207/20090921222759.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1310/20090921222348.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2795502&id=72468284090#/photo.php?pid=2795502&id=72468284090

sook
09-22-2009, 03:24 PM

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8717/20090921222245.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7207/20090921222759.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1310/20090921222348.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2795502&id=72468284090#/photo.php?pid=2795502&id=72468284090

I used to be just like you, but the act got old. You are only setting yourself up for dissapointment, and I'm not blaming tmac for this, but there are reasons beyond his control to which he can't play basketball professionaly for a reasonable amount of the season anymore.

He is going to miss half the games next year, but if he plays more, he is going to suck

lefty
09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
The title of this thread should have been: "who will miss the least amount of games next season?"

Morg1411
09-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Arenas. All he has to do is make it through 3 or 4 complete games, and he'll have doubled his output from last season. McGrady can't compete with that.

dirk4mvp
09-22-2009, 03:41 PM
McGrady easily.

duncan228
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Saunders thinks Arenas can be as good—or better (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-wizards-saunders&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Howard Fendrich

New Washington Wizards coach Flip Saunders thinks Gilbert Arenas can be just as good—or better—than the All-Star point guard was before having three operations on his left knee.

Saunders says Tuesday, a week before training camp opens, that he and Arenas speak on a daily basis and the coach is confident that they will get along this season.

Because he is discarding the Princeton offense, Saunders believes Arenas can improve a lot by having the ball in his hands more than before.

Saunders signed a four-year, $18 million contract in April. He took over from interim coach Ed Tapscott, who filled in after Eddie Jordan was fired 11 games into last season. The Wizards went 19-63, tying the worst mark in franchise history.

The Franchise
09-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't know man, they have some wierd voodoo over us. You forgot to factor that in, ever since the playoffs in 97' and that stock shot

That Voodoo is called more talent, which I don't think they have over us now. I know you don't believe in McGrady, and to be honest I have my doubts. I do believe in Grover and his staff however, and I don't believe he would put his rep on the line for T-Mac. When this man came out and said Tracy will be back better than he has in a few years, it carries some weight because Grover has proven he gets results. You also have to admit, Tracy hasn't looked in this good a shape since at least 2004. We still have to see him perform on the court, but for the first time in years I actually believe it when he says he will have a great season.

c@t
09-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I smell a 03-04 version of Tracy-led Magic team for Houston next season.

jazzypimp
09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
That Voodoo is called more talent, which I don't think they have over us now. I know you don't believe in McGrady, and to be honest I have my doubts. I do believe in Grover and his staff however, and I don't believe he would put his rep on the line for T-Mac. When this man came out and said Tracy will be back better than he has in a few years, it carries some weight because Grover has proven he gets results. You also have to admit, Tracy hasn't looked in this good a shape since at least 2004. We still have to see him perform on the court, but for the first time in years I actually believe it when he says he will have a great season.

You guys say this every year. Whats the difference?? you put in Ariza for artest?? We beat you guys with yoa and tracy and that was our early years. You guys keep saying this. That is the only reason I take joy in playing you guys. I loved reading that Blineberry guy from the Chron cuz he talked so much shit before each series. I loved to read his b4 and after. I guess I can't be too mad at ya. Got to support your team right??

23LeBronJames23
09-22-2009, 04:32 PM

he look like james harden here^^.

i think arenas because he is younger but i hope that both will be good.

djohn2oo8
09-22-2009, 04:58 PM
You guys say this every year. Whats the difference?? you put in Ariza for artest?? We beat you guys with yoa and tracy and that was our early years. You guys keep saying this. That is the only reason I take joy in playing you guys. I loved reading that Blineberry guy from the Chron cuz he talked so much shit before each series. I loved to read his b4 and after. I guess I can't be too mad at ya. Got to support your team right??

Soooo, Utah could only beat Houston, only to get their asses kicked by the Lakers

jazzypimp
09-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Soooo, Utah could only beat Houston, only to get their asses kicked by the Lakers

Anyone else want to nominate this as the dumbest quote of 2009 so far?

djohn2oo8
09-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Anyone else want to nominate this as the dumbest quote of 2009 so far?

Gotta love Utah fans

jazzypimp
09-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Gotta love Utah fans

djohn,
No offense, but read your quote again and tell me why it is a statement straight out of dumb and dumber.

djohn2oo8
09-22-2009, 05:10 PM
all i'm sayin is u brag about the Jazz constantly beating Houston, but what else have they done?

The Franchise
09-22-2009, 05:14 PM

You're actually helping me make my point. When we lost to you guys what type of talent did we have on our roster? Yao, Tracy, and who else? the first time you beat us there compliments were Shane Battier, Juwan Howard, and Rafer Alston (three players you could ignore and focus on Tracy and Yao). remember the game where only 4 Rocket players scored? That's what you call having no help. The second time Yao wasn't even there, and the only difference was Luis Scola was at power forward. He did a good job, but with Mutombo in for Yao there were still only two players you had to focus on defensively. Now you have to pay attention to T-mac, Scola, Ariza, Brooks, and Anderson because they can all score (Something your guys haven't had to deal with in a Rockets team yet). I haven't even mentioned our bench (Budinger, Taylor, Battier, Landry, and Lowry). I accept that you guys were the better team then, because it was proven through your play, (plus the fact that you guys had more talent to begin with) but I think we would matchup a lot better now than we did then. Here's to hoping we see each other once again in 2010. :toast

jazzypimp
09-22-2009, 05:16 PM
all i'm sayin is u brag about the Jazz constantly beating Houston, but what else have they done?

djohn...Don't get mad at me. I am not the one who sent you guys packin those multiple times. All i said was i love a first round with houston. Like the spurs love to play the jazz. I don't care about your jordonless championships. I will gladly say we lost our trophies to the greatest player to ever live.

djohn2oo8
09-22-2009, 05:17 PM
I think Taylor is gonna be a stud, and Budinger will show that he was a steal

djohn2oo8
09-22-2009, 05:18 PM
djohn...Don't get mad at me. I am not the one who sent you guys packin those multiple times. All i said was i love a first round with houston. Like the spurs love to play the jazz. I don't care about your jordonless championships. I will gladly say we lost our trophies to the greatest player to ever live.

Jordan's retired now, so what's the excuse? BTW, Jordan played the second year of the back to back and lost in the playoffs

jazzypimp
09-22-2009, 05:19 PM
You're actually helping me make my point. When we lost to you guys what type of talent did we have on our roster? Yao, Tracy, and who else? the first time you beat us there compliments were Shane Battier, Juwan Howard, and Rafer Alston (three players you could ignore and focus on Tracy and Yao). remember the game where only 4 Rocket players scored? That's what you call having no help. The second time Yao wasn't even there, and the only difference was Luis Scola was at power forward. He did a good job, but with Mutombo in for Yao there were still only two players you had to focus on defensively. Now you have to pay attention to T-mac, Scola, Ariza, Brooks, and Anderson because they can all score (Something your guys haven't had to deal with in a Rockets team yet). I haven't even mentioned our bench (Budinger, Taylor, Battier, Landry, and Lowry). I accept that you guys were the better team then, because it was proven through your play, (plus the fact that you guys had more talent to begin with) but I think we would matchup a lot better now than we did then. Here's to hoping we see each other once again in 2010. :toast

Dude every time we played you guys we were the underdogs. Everyone said how on paper you guys had more talent etc. Now you are saying you concede that you knew we had more talent?? Bullsh*t!! We have to conclude that paper rosters mean shit nowadays. You guys have said you're going to kick our asses for the last how many years?

Hornets1
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
I think Arenas, just b/c he has had more time for his to completely heal. I really hope both bounce back to All-Star status. The NBA is funner to watch when these guys are healthy.

jazzypimp
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Jordan's retired now, so what's the excuse? BTW, Jordan played the second year of the back to back and lost in the playoffs

Thats like saying your championship years are over now so whats your excuse?? We lost to the nba champions and the 2 years before that we lost to the nba finals contender. whats your point?

djohn2oo8
09-22-2009, 05:22 PM
My point is you need to move on

jazzypimp
09-22-2009, 05:24 PM

It's an offseason basketball forum. You move the fuck on you bitter lil bitch!

jayman2582
09-22-2009, 05:26 PM

Dude quit insulting our intellegence with your gibberish posts.

The Franchise
09-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Dude every time we played you guys we were the underdogs. Everyone said how on paper you guys had more talent etc. Now you are saying you concede that you knew we had more talent?? Bullsh*t!! We have to conclude that paper rosters mean shit nowadays. You guys have said you're going to kick our asses for the last how many years?

So you are telling me that you could look at our roster at the time and honestly say we were the better team on paper? I can make that argument now, but then? Either way I really do hope to get you guys in the first round this year with this roster (even without Yao). Tracy will get to pop that cherry, and I can watch the Jazz get humbled at the hands of my Rockets. :lol

jazzypimp
09-22-2009, 05:34 PM
So you are telling me that you could look at our roster at the time and honestly say we were the better team on paper? I can make that argument now, but then? Either way I really do hope to get you guys in the first round this year with this roster (even without Yao). Tracy will get to pop that cherry, and I can watch the Jazz get humbled at the hands of my Rockets. :lol

You know, I can respect that. It's cool that we both want to see each other in the first round. I hope we do get that wish. I see its time that rockets fans once again need to be humbled themselves:lol I see your argument, we will just have to wait and see.

The Franchise
09-22-2009, 06:23 PM
You know, I can respect that. It's cool that we both want to see each other in the first round. I hope we do get that wish. I see its time that rockets fans once again need to be humbled themselves:lol I see your argument, we will just have to wait and see. :toast

TDMVPDPOY
09-22-2009, 06:46 PM
tmac contract season

The Franchise
09-22-2009, 06:46 PM
:lmao @ you 3rd tier fans squabblin over who's gonna suck more ass this season. Keep going...:lol

If we're healthy you bitches better hope we don't catch your ass in the first round or you won't have to worry about the Spurs taking you out in the WCF. :lol

Culburn369
09-22-2009, 06:48 PM
If we're healthy you bitches better hope we don't catch your ass in the first round or you won't have to worry about the Spurs taking you out in the WCF. :lol

I'm just bankin' on your personal assurance that a healthy McGrady is a worthless McGrady. Don't let me down, tights.:nope

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Arenas. I think he's going to be as good as he was before. The guy burns with a fire deep inside, and after 3 years out of the game he'll be burning to get back. This time he did the smart thing and rehabbed with Tim Grover. He's going to rip shit up this season.

DenDen
09-22-2009, 10:56 PM
:lmao @ you 3rd tier fans squabblin over who's gonna suck more ass this season. Keep going...:lol
Ass a rocket fan I hate the Jazz with a passion, but I also respect them. for a small ass market team, they're always in the mix, and I'll admit it they did own the rockets those 2 playoff series. With that being said I would rather see the Jazz win their first champion then the fakers ever winning another one. FUCK THE LAKERS

Unholy Turkey
09-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Ahhh the scent of Jazz vs Rocket fans. I miss it actually. :toast

DPG21920
09-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Arenas. I think he's going to be as good as he was before. The guy burns with a fire deep inside, and after 3 years out of the game he'll be burning to get back. This time he did the smart thing and rehabbed with Tim Grover. He's going to rip shit up this season.

Isn't T-Mac working with Grover as well?

Culburn369
09-23-2009, 03:00 AM
With that being said I would rather see the Jazz win their first champion then the fakers ever winning another one. FUCK THE LAKERS

Makes perfect sense. We used you splendidly on the way to our 15th NBA World Championship. Then we turned around and pushed your nose deeper in your caca by taking Artest from ya.

Lars
09-23-2009, 04:34 AM
Isn't T-Mac working with Grover as well?

Yes

ezau
09-24-2009, 04:45 AM
God, I miss seeing T-Mac playing at such a high level. I remember him beating the entire Spurs team in 33 seconds by scoring 13 straight points. It hurts really bad but damn, that T-Mac was ridiculous.

KidCongo
09-24-2009, 06:41 AM
T Mac in the contract year, I hope he plays great because he is good fun watching. Also can't wait to see the Cavs knock the Wizards out of the playoffs once again.

alamo50
09-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Arenas.

DBryant88
09-24-2009, 07:29 AM
T-Mac just cause

Chieflion
09-24-2009, 08:28 AM
I think they will have a comparable year overall and a better team record for Arenas.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:14 AM
But, but, but, but, but, how bout all them Rocket fans who swore up & down that the Rockets were better WITHOUT T-Mac? Where have all those Rocket fans gone, long time passing!

Double-Up
09-24-2009, 10:32 AM
But, but, but, but, but, how bout all them Rocket fans who swore up & down that the Rockets were better WITHOUT T-Mac? Where have all those Rocket fans gone, long time passing!

We got to the 2nd round without him and we are a better team without him. We "root" for him because he's a Rocket, and the harder he works the more valuable a trade asset he becomes. Quit instigating shit...

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Quit instigating shit...

But, but, but, but, but, but, I thought that this was what it was all about. Or, at least that is what it was all about...until Kobe rang sans Daddy, huh?

tee, hee.

Double-Up
09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
But, but, but, but, but, but, I thought that this was what it was all about. Or, at least that is what it was all about...until Kobe rang sans Daddy, huh?

tee, hee.

Why don't you just shut the fuck up? At least other lakerfans can speak 21st century English but you wanna be different with you "tee hee"...fucking bitch...