PDA

View Full Version : Time for an Ice Cold Beer: the Official 2009-2010 NHL season thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

lefty
09-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Wow, this one will be very popular :rolleyes

Anyway..

...........Habs beat Penguins yesterday 4-3 :toast

Come on, Jacques Martin, just give the "C" to Gionta already

JudynTX
09-22-2009, 01:14 PM
:toast I'm ready for the season!

GO FLYERS!!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
09-22-2009, 01:18 PM
The Strike Ended..

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Should be an interesting campaign for the Wings.

I highly doubt they make it the Finals, but stranger things have happened.

On the upside, it seems a couple prospects are really pushing the vets for spots in preseason (looking at you Draper and Maltby). Helm, Ericsson and Leino are full time NHLers as of now, but Abdelkader is knocking down the door...if he wasnt waiver exempt, he'd be a Wing this year.

Tartar is impressing, same with Emmerton but still a few years away.

On defense, Kindl is OK...kind of a shame at this point, he is one of the Wings most talked about prospects and he isnt anywhere near NHL ready.

In goal, Wings fans will finally see an actual draft pick play in goal for the Wings. Jimmy Howard is the official back-up for Osgood. Babcock recently stated he would like to see 25 wins from the rook (tad optimistic, imo). That must mean Babcock has no intention of playing Osgood more than 45-50 games. Should bode well for his health and conditioning.

All in all, I am excited for the season to start. Eaves seems to be healthy and relatively effective for a guy who hasnt been effective for a couple years now. Bertuzzi is an unknown...he is injured (minor)...big surprise. Jason Williams is a Wing again...dont know what to think about that, hes a defensive liability.

Should be fun, I expect a top 3 finish in the conference seeing as San Jose is going to dominate the regular season (again) but I have doubts about their postseason (again). Chicago is going to be really good, but a big downgrade in net isnt going to help them.

I hope Detroit doesnt boo Hossa, but I think thats asking too much.

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 01:26 PM
the strike ended..?

fify

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Montreal is going to struggle this year...you just cant revamp your entire Top 6 and expect success. I realize Gionta and Gomez have played together, but too much turnover in one season, IMO.

Price looked quite average yesterday, too. To be fair, it was against the Cup Champs with both Malkin and Crosby in the lineup (i think Sid was playing?), but still.

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 01:30 PM

GO FLYERS!!!!!!!

Thats'a gonna be a good team'a.

Dont think you'l unseat the Pens, but the addition of Pronger is more than going to makeup for whatever (perennial) goaltending issues Philly (always) has.

lefty
09-22-2009, 01:57 PM

GO FLYERS!!!!!!!

I thought you were rooting for Pittsburgh.

Oh well........

Should be an interesting campaign for the Wings.

I highly doubt they make it the Finals, but stranger things have happened.

On the upside, it seems a couple prospects are really pushing the vets for spots in preseason (looking at you Draper and Maltby). Helm, Ericsson and Leino are full time NHLers as of now, but Abdelkader is knocking down the door...if he wasnt waiver exempt, he'd be a Wing this year.

Tartar is impressing, same with Emmerton but still a few years away.

On defense, Kindl is OK...kind of a shame at this point, he is one of the Wings most talked about prospects and he isnt anywhere near NHL ready.

In goal, Wings fans will finally see an actual draft pick play in goal for the Wings. Jimmy Howard is the official back-up for Osgood. Babcock recently stated he would like to see 25 wins from the rook (tad optimistic, imo). That must mean Babcock has no intention of playing Osgood more than 45-50 games. Should bode well for his health and conditioning.

All in all, I am excited for the season to start. Eaves seems to be healthy and relatively effective for a guy who hasnt been effective for a couple years now. Bertuzzi is an unknown...he is injured (minor)...big surprise. Jason Williams is a Wing again...dont know what to think about that, hes a defensive liability.

Should be fun, I expect a top 3 finish in the conference seeing as San Jose is going to dominate the regular season (again) but I have doubts about their postseason (again). Chicago is going to be really good, but a big downgrade in net isnt going to help them.

I hope Detroit doesnt boo Hossa, but I think thats asking too much.

I think the West will comes down to Detroit, Chicago and San Jose. (LOL Playoff Sharks)

Montreal is going to struggle this year...you just cant revamp your entire Top 6 and expect success. I realize Gionta and Gomez have played together, but too much turnover in one season, IMO.

Price looked quite average yesterday, too. To be fair, it was against the Cup Champs with both Malkin and Crosby in the lineup (i think Sid was playing?), but still.

For some reason, Price has always played well against Pittsburgh.

I don't think we will struggle; sure it will take time, as Gainey has totally revamped thie team, but....

- Camalleri is a bone fide 40 goal scorer
- Gionta and Gomez play so well together, it's amazing.
- Gomez brings us the playmaking abilities we've been lacking at the Center position.
- We are not that small !!! Ok, Gomez, Gionta and Camallerri would make a nice Timbit line, but we have brought Travis Moen and Hall Gill, for f... sake
- Markov and Spacek are awesome together; Markov won't have to take care of f...... Komisarek anymore
- And we have a real coach !!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I think Carbonneau will be a very good NHL coach with more experience, but he was to inexperienced to handle the job here; Martin is a proven head coach in the League; players better not mess with him. (And he is bilingual, yay :rolleyes) :tu

JudynTX
09-22-2009, 01:59 PM
:D I've always been a Flyers fan.

lefty
09-22-2009, 02:07 PM
:D I've always been a Flyers fan.
Okay then :toast

Although they eliminated the Habs in 2008, I like the Flyers

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 02:29 PM
I thought you were rooting for Pittsburgh.

Oh well........

I think the West will comes down to Detroit, Chicago and San Jose. (LOL Playoff Sharks)

For some reason, Price has always played well against Pittsburgh.

I don't think we will struggle; sure it will take time, as Gainey has totally revamped thie team, but....

- Camalleri is a bone fide 40 goal scorer
- Gionta and Gomez play so well together, it's amazing.
- Gomez brings us the playmaking abilities we've been lacking at the Center position.
- We are not that small !!! Ok, Gomez, Gionta and Camallerri would make a nice Timbit line, but we have brought Travis Moen and Hall Gill, for f... sake
- Markov and Spacek are awesome together; Markov won't have to take care of f...... Komisarek anymore
- And we have a real coach !!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I think Carbonneau will be a very good NHL coach with more experience, but he was to inexperienced to handle the job here; Martin is a proven head coach in the League; players better not mess with him.

Chemistry, my French Canadian friend. Your team lacks it and will lack it for a better part of the first half. No offense, but even if the Montreal roster had played together all of last year and this was their second, it still wouldnt be a great power in the East (with Boston, Pitt and Philly...Washington is a poser team, until they learn to play defense).

Its just an opinion...

But you are right about one thing, Markov is a stud defensemen on any team in the league. Wonder what it would take to pry him away from the Habs...

Martin is a slight upgrade over Carb, IMO. Martin has been wallowing away in Florida doing a real shit job as coach and even worse as GM. More than half the blame falls on ownership, so I wont be disingenuous, but Martin mishandled Luongo and ended up being the patsy in one of the clearest cases of highway robbery in league history.

(And he is bilingual, yay :rolleyes) :tu

:lmao The all important ability to speak French in Montreal. If I ever played there, I'd make it a point to never learn just to piss RDS off.

lefty
09-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Chemistry, my French Canadian friend. Your team lacks it and will lack it for a better part of the first half. No offense, but even if the Montreal roster had played together all of last year and this was their second, it still wouldnt be a great power in the East (with Boston, Pitt and Philly...Washington is a poser team, until they learn to play defense).

Its just an opinion...

But you are right about one thing, Markov is a stud defensemen on any team in the league. Wonder what it would take to pry him away from the Habs...

Martin is a slight upgrade over Carb, IMO. Martin has been wallowing away in Florida doing a real shit job as coach and even worse as GM. More than half the blame falls on ownership, so I wont be disingenuous, but Martin mishandled Luongo and ended up being the patsy in one of the clearest cases of highway robbery in league history.

:lmao The all important ability to speak French in Montreal. If I ever played there, I'd make it a point to never learn just to piss RDS off.

Only time will tell how fast the chemistry develops.

Regarding Martin, I don't know his whole history as a GM, but if he's the one who let Luongo walk away, then he is a total idiot.
Hey, you mentioned Markov, so maybe Martin will give him away to a contender for free.

About pissing off RDS :lmao, you can get away with a "merci beaucoup" at the end of interviews (hey, Koivu, Komisarek and Higgins did).

By the way, I'm not Canadian at all; I am francophone though :p:

sonic21
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Go cristobal huet!!

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 05:52 PM
By the way, I'm not Canadian at all; I am francophone though :p:

Oh, youre going to have to explain that one to me, separatist. :ihit

:lmao

DarkReign
09-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Go cristobal huet!!

He's a Frenchmen, yes?

Blackhawks are really counting on him...for a team that made the WCFs last year, I find that to be glaringly risky.

lefty
09-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Oh, youre going to have to explain that one to me, separatist. :ihit

ok, I just re-read my previous post, and that's not what I meant :lol

Sorry, it was in fact misleading.

I'm Algerian

velik_m
09-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Go Kings :king?

DarkReign
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm Algerian

Algerian living in Montreal and you speak French?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algeria

Oh..."second language: French"...now I get it.

lefty
09-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Algerian living in Montreal and you speak French?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algeria

Oh..."second language: French"...now I get it.
Yep

Well, in my case, French is my 1st language
English has kicked arabic out of the 2nd place
So arabic is my 3rd language now :(

sonic21
09-23-2009, 01:57 PM
He's a Frenchmen, yes?

Blackhawks are really counting on him...for a team that made the WCFs last year, I find that to be glaringly risky.

isn't Khabibulin the starter?

lefty
09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Yup

200 miles
09-25-2009, 11:39 PM
IMO, as a Caps fan, I would think that as far as realistic goals go, anything less than being the East champs would be an unsuccessful season.

lefty
09-26-2009, 10:58 PM
IMO, as a Caps fan, I would think that as far as realistic goals go, anything less than being the East champs would be an unsuccessful season.

Huh
Pittsburgh is a better team WTF

Jacob1983
09-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Stupid Directv needs stop being a bitch and put Versus back on as a channel. NHL Network is cool but they only show games that usually have one or two Canadian teams.
I went to see the Stars play the Panthers at the AAC on Tuesday. It was pretty cool. It was preseason but both teams were playing like they actually cared about the game. It sucks that the Stars lost the game but there was a fight which was cool. And why can't hockey be like the NBA with its schedule? Every Western Conference team should get to play every Eastern Conference team at least twice during the regular season.

lefty
09-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Stupid Directv needs stop being a bitch and put Versus back on as a channel. NHL Network is cool but they only show games that usually have one or two Canadian teams.
I went to see the Stars play the Panthers at the AAC on Tuesday. It was pretty cool. It was preseason but both teams were playing like they actually cared about the game. It sucks that the Stars lost the game but there was a fight which was cool. And why can't hockey be like the NBA with its schedule? Every Western Conference team should get to play every Eastern Conference team at least twice during the regular season.

I hope U.S based hockey fans get to watch more NHL games.I don't get it, Bettman has been trying to promote hockey in the States, so why is there so minimal coverage? Go figure....

Regarding the East vs West games twice/season,it should happen soon; last season marked the 1st time all east west teams played against each other (once); it's a dilemma for the NHL, as they don't want less intra-divisional games (because they are rivalry games)

Jacob1983
09-29-2009, 01:50 AM
The current scheduling favors teams from the Northeastern part of America because they're close to each other than other teams are. Teams like like the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils don't have to do that much traveling when they play teams in their division. Sooner or the later, Directv is gonna have to cave and put Versus back because a lot of Americans and probably Canadians that live in America are going to keep on bitching and complaining to Directv so they will have to cave and put it back on. Personally, hockey needs to be taken off Versus and put back on ESPN and ESPN2.

DarkReign
09-29-2009, 10:00 AM

Yup

No.

Khabibulin plays in Edmonton. Huet is the starter in ChiTown.

DarkReign
09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Huh
Pittsburgh is a better team WTF

I'd argue that Washington is better, but Boudreau doesnt put the hammer down often enough on defense.

Washington's style wins regular season games and sells a lot of tickets, but come playoffs, theyre always in for a 7 game series because they think theyre just going to outscore everyone.

Sometimes that works, most times it doesnt. The last team I can remember who had an "all out" mentality and won with it is Tampa Bay 2004, but they had The 'Bulin Wall playing out of his fucking mind all playoffs with a defense that was FAR superior to what Washington has now (Boyle, Lukowich, Kubina, Sydor, etc).

lefty
09-29-2009, 11:24 AM
The current scheduling favors teams from the Northeastern part of America because they're close to each other than other teams are. Teams like like the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils don't have to do that much traveling when they play teams in their division. Sooner or the later, Directv is gonna have to cave and put Versus back because a lot of Americans and probably Canadians that live in America are going to keep on bitching and complaining to Directv so they will have to cave and put it back on. Personally, hockey needs to be taken off Versus and put back on ESPN and ESPN2.

NHL on ESPN was good

No.

Khabibulin plays in Edmonton. Huet is the starter in ChiTown.

I stand corrected :(

I'd argue that Washington is better, but Boudreau doesnt put the hammer down often enough on defense.

Washington's style wins regular season games and sells a lot of tickets, but come playoffs, theyre always in for a 7 game series because they think theyre just going to outscore everyone.

Sometimes that works, most times it doesnt. The last team I can remember who had an "all out" mentality and won with it is Tampa Bay 2004, but they had The 'Bulin Wall playing out of his fucking mind all playoffs with a defense that was FAR superior to what Washington has now (Boyle, Lukowich, Kubina, Sydor, etc).

That's why I think Pittsburgh is better; Washington's D is bad, as their top Dman, Mike Green, is offense oriented.
Plus, Fleury is so much better than Theodore; Washington should have kept Valiquette.

lefty
10-01-2009, 08:50 AM
The season starts TONIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maple Leafs are hosting the Montreal Canadiens :hungry:

Expect at least 25000 penalty minutes.

DarkReign
10-01-2009, 10:22 AM

Starts tonight?!

Really?!

Fuck yes, FINALLY!

Hope its on CBC and not RDS/Rogers/wtfever, oh please oh please...

lefty
10-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Starts tonight?!

Really?!

Fuck yes, FINALLY!

Hope its on CBC and not RDS/Rogers/wtfever, oh please oh please...

It will be on both CBC and RDS

I'll watch the game on CBC :D

JudynTX
10-01-2009, 01:08 PM

Flyers play the Hurricanes tomorrow night.

lefty
10-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Flyers play the Hurricanes tomorrow night.
Should be a good game

Can't wait to watch the Flyers with their new additions (Pronger, Emery)

JudynTX
10-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Should be a good game

Can't wait to watch the Flyers with their new additions (Pronger, Emery)

Blair Betts signs a one-year deal, whoever he is. :lol

lefty
10-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Blair Betts signs a one-year deal, whoever he is. :lol
Betts FTW !!!!!

lefty
10-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Canucks are competitive every year: they are one forward away from winning the cup
LMAO Flames with their vintage unis

lefty
10-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Hehe, Habs win in Toronto :hat

- Mike Komisarek is an overrated piece of shit; he is responsible for 2 Canadiens PP goals; oh, and all he does is going after smaller guys; when Laraque was on the ice, he was such a baby doll.
Good riddance, I'm glad Bob Gainey let him walk away.

- So much for Brian Burke building a "big, intimidating, testosterone-filled team" :lmao

- Hall Gill is a piece of shit; he had more turnovers in 1 game than Brisebois or Souray have had in their respective careers. :bang

- Markov left the game yesterday; he will be out 2-3 months :bang:bang:depressed:depressedFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuck, poop, piss, penis, shit, whore, ass, Sequ, crap, fivehole

DarkReign
10-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Oh no, Markov...

Komisarek...what the hell happened to him? He was good at one time, now he just takes dumb penalties and over-commits on defense.

lefty
10-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Oh no, Markov...

Komisarek...what the hell happened to him? He was good at one time, now he just takes dumb penalties and over-commits on defense.

Komisarek?

He was "good" in 2007-2008 because Markov and Hamrlik made him look good.
He sucks; period.

DarkReign
10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
BTW, that was a good game (TO vs Habitants). Watched every second and enjoyed all of them.

You might be on to something with Montreal...Gomez and Gionta looked real good together, rounding out the top forwards with Plekanec and Kostistyn is a nice second line as well.

Problem is the Habs are a 3 line team. A team that could only roll 3 lines against Toronto, no less.

TO on the other hand looks like a typical Burke first-incarnation team. Heavy defense and defensive forwards. They dont have the goaltending to make it work, IMO, especially in the Eastern conference, but I think theyll make the playoffs. I tell ya though, that Stralsberg (or wtf ever) looks like a gamer.

It was funny seeing Luongo get lit up in the late game though.

That Duschene kid in Colorado is a baller, too. Real fast, plays at the front of the net, good hands, great vision. Gonna be a stud.

Heatley+Thornton = FAIL (so far, 1 game out of 82).

I know I hacked every name spelling in this post....forgive me.

Rip-Hamilton32
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM
man can Stalberg fly, great game last night but Price can't continue to play that well every night IMO

lefty
10-02-2009, 01:09 PM
BTW, that was a good game (TO vs Habitants). Watched every second and enjoyed all of them.

You might be on to something with Montreal...Gomez and Gionta looked real good together, rounding out the top forwards with Plekanec and Kostistyn is a nice second line as well.

Problem is the Habs are a 3 line team. A team that could only roll 3 lines against Toronto, no less.

TO on the other hand looks like a typical Burke first-incarnation team. Heavy defense and defensive forwards. They dont have the goaltending to make it work, IMO, especially in the Eastern conference, but I think theyll make the playoffs. I tell ya though, that Stralsberg (or wtf ever) looks like a gamer.

It was funny seeing Luongo get lit up in the late game though.

That Duschene kid in Colorado is a baller, too. Real fast, plays at the front of the net, good hands, great vision. Gonna be a stud.

Heatley+Thornton = FAIL (so far, 1 game out of 82).

I know I hacked every name spelling in this post....forgive me.

Those guys make much money than we do, so we have every right to mispell their names.

Jiontah and Gomes play well together, but it was until Jack Martain demoted Pacioretty to the 2nd line (in-game adjustment) and replaced him with Kamaleri that the 1st line really became ultra dangerous; those 3 together kept buzzing around Tosqalah's net.
Speaking of which, Vesa is gonna lose his job to that Swedish stud, who is much bigger and collected.

Toronto is a typical Beurk team, but I thought they moved the puck really well, and it's gonna be interesting to see what they can do once Fil Kecel comes back.

And yeah, Looongo got drilled yesterday, WTF? but give credit to the Flames, they are gonna be good this season

cnyc3
10-05-2009, 03:22 AM
canucks 0-2.. all that preseason hype for nothing! lol

:depressed

DarkReign
10-05-2009, 09:49 AM

What do you think its like being a Red Wing fan right now? Your team has a 2 goal lead in each of its first two games only to lose each one because your lineup is full of pussies who get physically dominated in every area of the ice...especially against a real fast, physical, young team like StLouis.

Theyll turn it around, Im sure, but they arent winning the Cup this year. Too brittle and spineless.

JudynTX
10-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Well the Flyers are off to an ok start.

lefty
10-05-2009, 10:49 AM
man can Stalberg fly, great game last night but Price can't continue to play that well every night IMO

Stalberg looks impressive.

Price saved our asses in the 1st 2 games; I think he stopped like 85-90 shots in 2 games.

Thanks God for Price; Gionta, Camalleri and Moen have been great as well.

It's only 2 games, relax !

If it makes you feel any better, just think about Khabibulin's gaffe vs Calgary the other day :lmao

What do you think its like being a Red Wing fan right now? Your team has a 2 goal lead in each of its first two games only to lose each one because your lineup is full of pussies who get physically dominated in every area of the ice...especially against a real fast, physical, young team like StLouis.

Theyll turn it around, Im sure, but they arent winning the Cup this year. Too brittle and spineless.

Ken Holland will probably trade for 1 or 2 physical guys before the trading deadline

cnyc3
10-06-2009, 03:32 AM
haha yeah i know its only 2 games.. well make it 3 now. canucknation meltdown in 3.. 2..

lefty
10-06-2009, 08:46 AM
haha yeah i know its only 2 games.. well make it 3 now. canucknation meltdown in 3.. 2..
You have a good shot at beating Montreal on Wednesday, since we're playing in Calgary the night before.

We should be tired (yeah, I'm already making excuses)

cnyc3
10-06-2009, 10:20 PM
You have a good shot at beating Montreal on Wednesday, since we're playing in Calgary the night before.

We should be tired (yeah, I'm already making excuses)

we'll see how it goes, gonna be a good one since half the fans at GM place will be habs fans

lefty
10-06-2009, 10:46 PM
We lost 4-3 in Calgary

Habs really deserved to win, fucking refs !!!!

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 08:02 AM
:cheer Flyers win! Hat trick and the OT win. :D

Was an exciting game to watch. :lol

DarkReign
10-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Richards is friggin awesome.

I'd still take Carter over him, though.

lefty
10-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Richards is friggin awesome.

I'd still take Carter over him, though.
Richards is more a Captain type of player

Carter is a bona fide 40-50 goal scorer

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 09:18 AM
So what happens to all those hats they collect during a hat trick? :lol

lefty
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM
So what happens to all those hats they collect during a hat trick? :lol
Good question

I would never throw mine in because a millionaire scored 3 goals.

Last season , I went to a Canadiens-Senators game; Chris Higgins had a hat-trick, I think I saw just 1 hat and 1 can of beer on the ice. :lmao
French canadians do have a personality

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Good question

I would never throw mine in because a millionaire scored 3 goals.

Last season , I went to a Canadiens-Senators game; Chris Higgins had a hat-trick, I think I saw just 1 hat and 1 can of beer on the ice. :lmao
French canadians do have a personality

There were some nice looking hats being thrown on the ice last night. :lol

Damn Canadiens! :lol

lefty
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
There were some nice looking hats being thrown on the ice last night. :lol

Damn Canadiens! :lol
:lol

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 11:59 AM

And can you imagine trying to claim your hat from the arena staff? :lol

No, that's mine. No it isn't, that's mine. :rollin

lefty
10-07-2009, 12:01 PM
And can you imagine trying to claim your hat from the arena staff? :lol

No, that's mine. No it isn't, that's mine. :rollin
Yeah,

But at the same time, who would want to wear a hat that has someone else's sweat/germs ?

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah,

But at the same time, who would want to wear a hat that has someone else's sweat/germs ?

You'd be surprised how many people would. ewwwwwwwwwww :lol

How many games do you attend a year?

lefty
10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
You'd be surprised how many people would. ewwwwwwwwwww :lol

How many games do you attend a year?
3-4:

1-2 in the expensive seats (1st row, right behind the glass, awesome !)

1-2 in the upper cheapo seats

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
3-4:

1-2 in the expensive seats (1st row, right behind the glass, awesome !)

1-2 in the upper cheapo seats

Do you pound on the glass much? :lol

lefty
10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Do you pound on the glass much? :lol
Sometimes

But the impressive part is when a hit involving Komisarek or Laraque happens right in front of you; it looks like 5 pieces of glass are going to break :wow

Oh, and those a re a few pics I tookat the Canadiens-Senators game :

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2894660&postcount=36

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Sometimes

But the impressive part is when a hit involving Komisarek or Laraque happens right in front of you; it looks like 5 pieces of glass are going to break :wow

Oh, and those a re a few pics I tookat the Canadiens-Senators game :

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2894660&postcount=36

I've sat in front of the glass at a Rampage game, thought that glass would break at any moment. Kinda scary.

:tu I didn't see those pics, cool.

lefty
10-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I've sat in front of the glass at a Rampage game, thought that glass would break at any moment. Kinda scary.

:tu I didn't see those pics, cool.
No problem

Here are others; if you hate Chris Neil, here is an opportunity to kick him in the ass...

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3194/p1020093my7.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1355/p1020089ym3.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7092/p1020063ao7.jpg

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 12:26 PM
:lol @ the gatorade water bottles

Have you ever caught a puck before?

lefty
10-07-2009, 12:28 PM
:lol @ the gatorade water bottles

Have you ever caught a puck before?
No

Funny that you ask, because during the same game, a spectator was lightly hit by the game puck; he had a little blood, but nothing alarming

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 12:30 PM
No

Funny that you ask, because during the same game, a spectator was lightly hit by the game puck; he had a little blood, but nothing alarming

That's my fear attending a hockey game, getting hit in the face by a puck going 100 mph. :wow

lefty
10-07-2009, 12:32 PM
That's my fear attending a hockey game, getting hit in the face by a puck going 100 mph. :wow
+1

But that one was a deflection

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 12:41 PM
+1

But that one was a deflection

I didn't know there was hockey etiquette at a game. Some guy told me you aren't suppose to get up and go potty, buy a beer, etc. until play stops. Not during. :nope:lol

lefty
10-07-2009, 12:45 PM
I didn't know there was hockey etiquette at a game. Some guy told me you aren't suppose to get up and go potty, buy a beer, etc. until play stops. Not during. :nope:lol

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 12:49 PM

He was so serious. :rolleyes

I was like yea, whatever. :lol

lefty
10-07-2009, 01:33 PM
He was so serious. :rolleyes

I was like yea, whatever. :lol
Hey, hockey is all abut beer and ignoring rules.

DarkReign
10-07-2009, 02:59 PM
When hats are thrown on the ice, the staff collects them and allows the fans to go down to the tunnel and get their hats back after the game.

...and yes, youre not supposed to get up during play. The event staff at The Joe will actually have you wait on the stairs until there is a break in the action to get back to your seat.

JudynTX
10-07-2009, 03:02 PM
When hats are thrown on the ice, the staff collects them and allows the fans to go down to the tunnel and get their hats back after the game.

Have you thrown your hat onto the ice during a HT?

...and yes, youre not supposed to get up during play. The event staff at The Joe will actually have you wait on the stairs until there is a break in the action to get back to your seat.

:rolleyes @ the staff police :lol

lefty
10-08-2009, 08:27 AM
7-1

Yikes............

DarkReign
10-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Have you thrown your hat onto the ice during a HT?

I do not wear hats very often, so no.

:rolleyes @ the staff police :lol

Meh, honestly, I dont know any different growing up a Wings fan at The Joe.

cnyc3
10-08-2009, 06:06 PM
7-1

Yikes............

habs looked tired all game, i'll take it lol 7 goals for the nucks happen once in a blue moon

lefty
10-09-2009, 08:34 AM
habs looked tired all game, i'll take it lol 7 goals for the nucks happen once in a blue moon
They did, but it's no excuse.

Canucks played well, with effort, they deserved it.

Hal Gill should be sent to the Pee-wee league............if they want him.

On the flip side, Bruins lost 6-1 at home vs Anaheim, so I feel much better.

Oh, and Martin made them pay :lmao

HABS TAKE GRUELLING PRACTICE IN STRIDE AFTER LOSS TO CANUCKS
[/URL]

For any goaltender, a 7-1 loss is something you probably want to get out of your mind as soon as possible. But a 7-1 loss in your home province followed the next day by a good old fashioned bag skate at practice just four games into the NHL season has to be about as devastating as they come.
Canadiens goalie and B.C. native [URL="http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/?name=carey+price"]Carey Price (javascript:void(0);) was victimized for all seven goals in the team's blowout loss at the hands of the Canucks on Wednesday night, and on Thursday the team paid dearly for their lackluster effort.
Head coach Jacques Martin spent a large portion of practice drilling one-on-one battles in the corner - battles that the Habs were on the wrong end of too often in Wednesday's game.
The loss was the Habs' eighth straight in Vancouver since November of 2000, a streak of almost nine years.
The vibe at practice reflected that reality - it was almost eerily quiet both during and afterwards, but Martin didn't need words to get his message across. The new bench boss put the team through an extended, intensive skating drill of approximately 15 minutes to wrap things up.
As for the Canadiens? Message received. Loud and clear.

"We had a pretty tough day today," said Price. "It's going to be expected after a 7-1 loss and I think that if we're going to start working harder, we might as well start doing it in games instead of in practice."
The team seemed to be taking the discipline in stride, with forward Mike Cammalleri (http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/?name=mike+cammalleri) echoing the sentiments of Price.
"That was what you call an old-school bag skate," said Cammalleri, who was minus-1 with no shots on goal in the loss. "That was the real deal. Every year you get at least one, for sure. It was good - we needed it, I think. I think the idea was, 'we're going to work hard' and we didn't do it last night so we got it in today."
Forward Brian Gionta (http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/?name=brian+gionta) had no doubt the team understood what Martin was getting at.
"I think the guys got it," said Gionta, a minus-1 with 2 PIM against the Canucks. "We need to come out and compete a little better and work a little harder and we can't give up like that."
As for the disappointment of losing an ugly one in his home province, Price tried to stay positive.
"I was pretty excited for that one," he said of playing at General Motors Place. "It's coming home, you know? It wasn't the way I wanted it to go but hopefully I'll have a lot more opportunities to play in this building again."
Price wasn't as cool-headed immediately after the game, reportedly putting his fist through a wall in the visitors' locker room after allowing seven goals on 32 shots and being pulled with about eight minutes left.
Not to worry, though, according to the 22-year-old.
"I've got tough knuckles."

DarkReign
10-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Buf 6 - 2 Detroit

:pctoss

lefty
10-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Buf 6 - 2 Detroit

:pctoss

Bah, it was a meaningless game for Detroit

Playing Buffalo on the road is not really exciting.

lefty
10-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Haha, Kovalev came back to haunt Montreal on Saturday, as he helped Ottawa beat the Canadiens.

1 pass and 1 goal for AK27 at the Bell Centre, and a standing ovation from Habs fans. :tu

Fuck you Bob Gainey :flipoff

DarkReign
10-20-2009, 04:34 PM
You knew that was coming.

Wings lead Avs 2-0 going into the 3rd.

Blow the lead, its 2-2 late. Score goal (3-2), then promptly let them tie it up on the worst line change in the history of line changes.

Lose in shootout.

lefty
10-21-2009, 10:17 AM
You knew that was coming.

Wings lead Avs 2-0 going into the 3rd.

Blow the lead, its 2-2 late. Score goal (3-2), then promptly let them tie it up on the worst line change in the history of line changes.

Lose in shootout.

Avs are actually good this season (so far)

Wins on the road in Toronto (ok they suck), Boston 3-2, Montreal 3-2, Detroit 3-2.

As for the Wings, they have some work to do; veterans and youngsters alike.

JudynTX
10-21-2009, 12:49 PM
It’s been said that offense wins headlines but defense wins championships. In hockey, strong defense requires a team-wide commitment that goes beyond the skill of the three pairs of defensemen, but even the most diligent of backchecking forwards can’t make up for a mediocre blueline corps. What’s more, the sport has a way of exposing any weak links in the defensive chain.

Over the course of the Philadelphia Flyers’ history there have been a handful of defense corps that have been strong throughout the rotation. It’s far too early in the 2009-10 season to judge where the current group ranks among those of the past. The squad has had some early season highs and lows, which is to be expected. Nevertheless, when all is said and done, the potential is there for this year’s group to rank among the best in team history. “When you look at the ability of our back end to move the puck, we have a good chance to spend more time in the offensive zone,” said Flyers head coach John Stevens.

The givens, of course, are Chris Pronger and Kimmo Timonen. The two veteran all-stars provide strong play at both ends of the ice, with Pronger also contributing physical play and intimidation while Timonen offers speed and savvy. While the two could eventually be combined as a pairing, so far Pronger has anchored a successful pairing with Matt Carle while Timonen works with Braydon Coburn.

“It gives us a lot of flexibility to be able to have Chris and Kimmo on different pairings,” said Stevens. “We can roll out different matchups and both guys, along with Coby and Matt, can play a lot of minutes for us and not [get worn down] in a game where there’s a lot of special teams play.”

The play of Carle, Coburn and Ryan Parent are the X-factors in determining just how good this Flyers defense can be. All three players have considerable potential but entered this year searching for year-in and year-out consistency at the professional level.

Coburn, 24, had a breakthrough year in 2007-08 but was inconsistent a year ago with greater expectations placed on his shoulders. When he’s at the top of his game, Coburn’s combination of size and mobility gives opposing teams trouble. He’s had his ups and downs through the first six games on the regular season, but the team remains high on his ability.

The Timonen-Coburn pairing has been together before, usually with good results. While they were broken up for large portions of last season, Coburn says that he has not had difficulty reacclimatizing his own game to Timonen’s.

“It’s mostly an issue of playing the left side or the right side, but playing with Kimmo is always something I enjoy. I think my game fits well with his,” said Coburn. “The thing about Kimmo is that he’s very calm and he never panics back there. Kimmo can play very up-tempo but he also knows when to slow down the game. Also he’s very smart, just in the way he uses his stick and outlets the puck.”

The 25-year-old Carle looked to be an emerging NHL star in 2006-07, his first full year in the league. He compiled an impressive 42 points in 77 games and earned NHL All-Rookie team honors. Previously, Carle won the 2006 Hobey Baker award as college hockey’s best player and played well for the Sharks in 11 playoff games that spring. His play was inconsistent in his second and third NHL seasons. Now entering his first full year as a Flyer after coming over in the deal that sent Steve Eminger and Steve Downie to Tampa Bay, Carle seems to be a more confident player.

To date, the pairing of Carle and Pronger has worked especially well. The Alaska native has impressed his illustrious partner, who has already begun to take Carle under his wing. Carle has responded by compiling a team-high eight points (including a goal) and plus-five defensive rating through six games.

“It’s great to play with him and see the skill and anticipation he has. Just in terms of communication and positioning, I’ve learned things from Chris,” said Carle, who registered a career-high four assists against Washington in the Flyers’ home opener.

The 22-year-old Parent was set back last year by an early season shoulder injury, but showed flashes of emerging into the type of mobile defensive-minded NHL defenseman he’s been projected to be ever since the Nashville Predators chose him in the first round of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

Through the first six games, Parent has been experiencing the typical learning curve for any young NHL defenseman. While he’s skilled with the puck, he’s never been one to push the offense through low-percentage passes or risky forays deep into the offensive zone. As a result he’s content posting modest point totals so long as he takes care of business in his own end of the ice.

“At this level it takes a little while for defensemen to get confidence in their abilities. The game moves faster up here,” said Stevens, himself a former defenseman. “We have a lot of faith in Ryan, and we’re pleased with his progress as a young player. Sometimes he needs to make the simple play, sometimes he needs to be a little more aggressive. It’s all part of the process.”

Parent was initially slated to be paired with veteran Randy Jones, but salary cap considerations and ineffective play in the preseason resulted in the Flyers waiving Jones and sending him the AHL’s Adirondack Phantoms.

In Jones’ place are Ole-Kristian Tollefsen and Danny Syvret. Tollefsen, 24, has been plagued by injuries throughout his career. He has to play a physical style to be effective, and the Norwegian backliner has always shown a willingness to drop the gloves. Syvret, 24, has battled the perception that he’s a little undersized and not strong enough in his own end of the ice to stick in the NHL. After a breakthrough AHL campaign last year (12 goals, 57 points, plus-seven in 76 games) he earned a chance to make the big club in training camp and made the most of it.

Syvret started the first three games of the regular season. Tollefsen has played in the last three games. While neither player has stood out so far, Stevens says that he likes the elements that each player brings to the table.

“We can throw some different looks out there with Danny’s puck-moving ability and Tolly throwing his weight around. Both guys are going to get a chance to play,” said Stevens.

It was not until the 1990s that most NHL teams began to regularly roll three defensive pairings at even strength. Previously, most clubs used two pairings and spotted the third. While Stevens has already shown a willingness to shorten the bench and go with two pairings late in games, the coach says he wouldn’t hesitate to use any of the seven defensemen on the roster in a key spot.

“I can honestly say that we’ve got confidence in all the guys we’ve got back there. But, obviously, when you have guys like Pronger and Timonen, those guys are going to lead the way,” Stevens said.

For his part, Pronger doesn’t want to hear anything – good or bad – as to how this team’s defense stacks up on paper against those of the recent and distant past.

“Let’s play the games and find out,” said the former Norris Trophy winner. “At the end of the year we can talk about how we did compared to the rest.”

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=502932

lefty
10-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow, Panda, I thought for a second that you actually wrote all that shit :lol

JudynTX
10-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Wow, Panda, I thought for a second that you actually wrote all that shit :lol

:lol Pfffft.......

lefty
10-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh, and yes, the Flyers will be VERY dangerous this season

Emery is back and is motivated; too bad they didn't keep Biron though

Pronger is a great addition to the this team

DarkReign
10-23-2009, 10:12 AM
:cry

lefty
10-23-2009, 11:14 AM
:cry

But if it makes you feel any better, the Coyotes are actually good this season (because they have a REAL coach, Gretzky sucks)

velik_m
10-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Go Kings :king?

Go Kings! :downspin:

Bukefal
11-27-2009, 10:01 AM
To everyone; Who is your favorite hockey player?

lefty
11-27-2009, 11:03 AM
To everyone; Who is your favorite hockey player?
That's a tough one :bang

1. Rick Nash/Brodeur (tie)
2. Iginla
3. Datsyuk
4. Lidstrom
5. Andrei Markov/Zdeno Chara (tie)
6. Zetterberg
7. Malkin
8. Crosby
9. Ovechkin
10. Teemu Selanne (not the same player, but man he's still able to snipe it)

And a special place in my heart (wow that didn't sound gay at all): ALex Kovalev :D

Rip-Hamilton32
11-27-2009, 11:23 AM
it was Domi then Tucker for me and now i guess it would have to be Kessel 6 goals in 11 games with the leafs so far, maybe we will have a leader for years to come afterall

lefty
11-27-2009, 11:40 AM
it was Domi then Tucker for me and now i guess it would have to be Kessel 6 goals in 11 games with the leafs so far, maybe we will have a leader for years to come afterall
Do you have favortie players not wearing the Leafs jersey? :lol

Rip-Hamilton32
11-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Do you have favortie players not wearing the Leafs jersey? :lol

haha actually yes
1. Rick Nash
2. Jeff Carter
3. Steve Mason
4. Milan Lucic
5. Tim Thomas

lefty
11-27-2009, 01:52 PM
haha actually yes
1. Rick Nash
2. Jeff Carter
3. Steve Mason
4. Milan Lucic
5. Tim Thomas
Damn I forgot TIm Thomas !

So unpredictable and spectacular !

As for Lucic, I hate him a little bit because he loves beating the Habs up (and he is a Bruin), but he is the guy I would love to have on my team.

Rip-Hamilton32
11-27-2009, 02:09 PM
i remember watching Thomas when Boston wasn't so good and watching him make crazy saves every night but end up losing because the team sucked

lefty
11-27-2009, 02:19 PM
i remember watching Thomas when Boston wasn't so good and watching him make crazy saves every night but end up losing because the team sucked
yep

Rip-Hamilton32
11-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Hagman has been a bright spot this year added 2 more tonight so did Kessel

lefty
11-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Hagman has been a bright spot this year added 2 more tonight so did Kessel
Leafs have been good lately; they start to believe in themselves.

Of course, having a healthy Kessel helps.

Rip-Hamilton32
11-28-2009, 01:09 AM
and not having Toskala in net helps too

lefty
11-28-2009, 01:12 AM
and not having Toskala in net helps too

It's a good thing leafs have the Monster

lefty
11-30-2009, 09:21 PM
WOW :wow

kOB_Lwpm3vk

lefty
12-06-2009, 12:00 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/sml/bos.gif (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/clubhouse?team=bos)Boston 1, http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/sml/mon.gif (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/clubhouse?team=mon)Montreal 5

Cammalleri's hat trick stars as Canadiens roll to honor 100th anniversary

Photo Wirehttp://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/2235d840-f243-427b-b617-01a9bdbe1d45_thumbnail.jpg (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/photos?photoId=2404722&gameId=291204010)Montreal Canadiens' Mike Cammalleri salutes the crowd after scoring a hat trick to lead the team to a 5-1 victory...
(AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Ryan Remiorz)
· View Photo (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/photos?photoId=2404722&gameId=291204010)
· Photo Gallery (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/photos?gameId=291204010)

Also See

Habs raise Bouchard, Lach's numbers to rafters (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4715072)

Associated Press
MONTREAL -- Mike Cammalleri (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=1517) and Carey Price (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=3231) met the likes of Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=804), Ken Dryden and Frank and Peter Mahovlich prior to the Montreal Canadiens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/clubhouse?team=mon)' 100th birthday celebration, then went out and played like them and all of the storied team's greats.
Cammalleri scored three times in the second period and the Canadiens celebrated their centennial anniversary with a 5-1 win over the Boston Bruins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/clubhouse?team=bos) on Friday night.
Cammalleri scored twice to put Montreal up 3-0 before completing his fourth career hat trick with the Canadiens' fifth goal late in the middle period, drawing a roar from the sold-out crowd of 21,273 that featured some of the team's former greats, including Jean Beliveau, Lafleur and Roy.
"As I was going around the room I felt like a kid in a candy shop," Cammalleri said about introducing himself to the legendary players prior to the game. "Roy, Dryden, both Mahovlichs, Lafleur, obviously the list goes on and on. Shaking these guys' hands and getting to say hi to them, it was pretty cool. I had this big smile on my face and it was pretty inspiring."
Jaroslav Spacek (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=882) and Glen Metropolit (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=613) also scored for Montreal, which ended a four-game losing streak after a nostalgic pregame ceremony that included the surprise jersey retirements for Emile Bouchard and Elmer Lach.
Carey Price, who wore a special anniversary-themed mask, made 37 saves. His shutout bid was spoiled at 4:45 of the third period when Vladimir Sobotka (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=3714) scored on a redirection with the Canadiens up 5-0.
"We were all pretty inspired being able to see all the previous players who have won championships here," Price said. "We all had them behind us."
The Canadiens, who have won a record 24 Stanley Cups, were founded on Dec. 4, 1909.
"It's a very special night for the Montreal Canadiens and the city of Montreal," said Bruins forward Mark Recchi (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=766), who led the Canadiens in scoring three times from 1994-99. "It's a great thing and it's a great honor, and it was a great honor to play for the Canadiens."
Tim Thomas (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=1207) made 18 saves in two periods, allowing five goals while his name was chanted derisively by the Bell Centre crowd. Tuukka Rask (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=3405) replaced Thomas to begin the third and stopped six shots.
Spacek opened the scoring 8:30 in and Boston, which hadn't lost in regulation in seven games (6-0-1), was unable to tie it during a 5-on-3 advantage for a full 2 minutes after Spacek and Maxim Lapierre (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=2226) were both penalized for roughing 5:34 into the second.
"Our guys were blocking shots left and right," Price said. "We have to give our guys credit for putting their bodies on the line for the good of the cause."
The crowd, already charged up from the pregame ceremony, responded to the clutch penalty kill with a sustained cheer which only grew louder moments later when Cammalleri beat Thomas from the slot at 8:10 to put the Canadiens up 2-0.
"That was the turning point," Bruins forward Blake Wheeler (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=3961) said. "The crowd, the momentum shifted their way and once that happened that's kind of when they picked up their play and before too long the game was 5-0."
Cammalleri added his second straight goal on an unassisted effort at 13:33 and Metropolit increased the lead to 4-0 when he redirected Hal Gill (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=305)'s pass into the net at the right edge of the crease for his sixth goal at 16:07.
Cammalleri, who recorded his first Montreal hat trick in a 5-4 overtime win over the New York Rangers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/clubhouse?team=nyr) on Nov. 24, took Scott Gomez (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=312)'s pass and drove a one-timer past Thomas for his team-leading 15th goal.
A couple of dozen hats rained down onto the ice from the crowd -- along with a Bruins jersey :lmao:lmao:rollin -- and Cammalleri pumped his fist as he sat on the bench while TV images showed Canadiens greats applauding from their seats in luxury boxes.
"That's something I'll never forget, hearing that kind of roar," Cammalleri said. "So thanks to all the fans for that cheer, it was a very special moment."
Game notes
The Canadiens have now retired a total of 15 numbers in honor of 17 players. Lach's No. 16 was previously retired in honor of Henri Richard. Dickie Moore and Yvan Cournoyer, who both wore No. 12, had their shared number retired in 2005. ... Canadiens D Ryan O'Byrne (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=3475) gave Bouchard his No. 3 banner and then took off his own No. 3 jersey to reveal a No. 20 jersey. ... Former Bruins coach Don Cherry was booed loudly when he was shown on the video scoreboard making one of a number of anniversary congratulatory messages. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper also drew boos, while messages from Chris Berman, Vladislav Tretiak, Alexander Ovechkin and Martin Brodeur (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=108) were cheered. ... Price's mask features the likenesses of Canadiens Hall of Fame goalies Georges Vezina, George Hainsworth, Bill Durnan, Jacques Plante, Ken Dryden and Roy. The backplate lists each of the team's 24 Stanley Cup-winning seasons. The one-time mask will be auctioned for the benefit of the Carson Kolzig Foundation, which honors the autistic son of former NHL goalie Olaf Kolzig (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=467). ... The last Canadiens player to have two hat tricks in a season was Brian Savage (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=825), who had two three-goal games in 1999-2000.

Rip-Hamilton32
12-13-2009, 01:17 AM
leafs are rollin' another win tonight, these guys are confident and they have been doing it with Toskala :elephant

lefty
12-13-2009, 01:25 AM
leafs are rollin' another win tonight, these guys are confident and they have been doing it with Toskala :elephant

velik_m
12-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Kings no. 1 in the west! :king

lefty
12-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Kings no. 1 in the west! :king
Good drafting and coaching

They have allowed their young players to make mistakes, which is the best way to learn.

sonic21
12-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Player of the Week: Christobal Huet

:toast

lefty
12-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Player of the Week: Christobal Huet

:toast
Damn Cocorico :lmao

sonic21
12-23-2009, 09:56 AM
lol

you're posting articles and vids of algerian players when they had a good game or scored.

pot...kettle...

lefty
12-23-2009, 09:59 AM
lol

you're posting articles and vids of algerian players when they had a good game or scored.

pot...kettle...
True, but I like both soccer and hockey

Do you really like hockey or did you post out of Cocoricoism?

sonic21
12-23-2009, 10:15 AM
i became a hockey fan after the Nagano Olympics. I don't watch a lot of games though. I try to follow when canal + is broadcasting a game.

my preference:
nba > hockey > football US >>>> baseball

baseball is the only main american sports i don't follow. I don't think i've ever seen an entire game.

lefty
12-23-2009, 10:46 AM
i became a hockey fan after the Nagano Olympics. I don't watch a lot of games though. I try to follow when canal + is broadcasting a game.

my preference:
nba > hockey > football US >>>> baseball

baseball is the only main american sports i don't follow. I don't think i've ever seen an entire game.
Yeah baseball games are too long :(

lefty
12-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Jaroslav Halak is the 1st star of the week in the NHL :tu

Gohabeuseugo !

lefty
01-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Flyers beating the Pens in Pitts 7-4

JudynTX
01-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Flyers beating the Pens in Pitts 7-4

Yes! :D

lefty
01-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Yes! :D
They seem to be back on track, after a long losing streak

I'm happy for them

JudynTX
01-08-2010, 09:31 AM
They seem to be back on track, after a long losing streak

I'm happy for them

Did you see the Winter Classic against Boston? Outside hockey is so cool. Wish they would do that more often. :toast

lefty
01-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Did you see the Winter Classic against Boston? Outside hockey is so cool. Wish they would do that more often. :toast
I watched it, but it was for babies :p:

The temperatures weren't that low

The 1st winter classic in Edmonton (Oilers vs Canadiens), now that's what you call childhood memories

It was -50 C that day

Jose Theodore wore a tuque :lol

But yeah, Flyers-Bruins was still great to watch:

- Fenway Park
- 1st winter classic fight ever
- Bruins coaches wearing the old hats

lefty
01-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Di Pietro played yesterday !!! :wow

Bukefal
01-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Do you guys play Fantasy hockey? If so, how are you doing in your leagues?

this is my team:

Ryan Getzlaf
Paul Stastny
Wojtek Wolski
Kris Versteeg
Dustin Brown
Jonathan Cheechoo
Dan Boyle
Bryan McCabe
Kimmo Timonen
Ian White
Ryane Clowe
Chris Drury
Ryan Smyth
Alex Burrows
Slava Kozlov
David Booth

G:
Cam Ward

lefty
01-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Do you guys play Fantasy hockey? If so, how are you doing in your leagues?

this is my team:

Ryan Getzlaf
Paul Stastny
Wojtek Wolski
Kris Versteeg
Dustin Brown
Jonathan Cheechoo
Dan Boyle
Bryan McCabe
Kimmo Timonen
Ian White
Ryane Clowe
Chris Drury
Ryan Smyth
Alex Burrows
Slava Kozlov
David Booth

G:
Cam Ward

I don't

But it's a pretty solid lineup you have.

But you may take Burrows out, the refs have it against him, so it may afect your fantasy stats :D

robino2001
01-20-2010, 11:21 AM

The 1st winter classic in Edmonton (Oilers vs Canadiens), now that's what you call childhood memories

It was -50 C that day

- Fenway Park

Some of my friends went to the college game on the 8th (BU/BC, I went to BU) and said it was a blast, but one of the most miserable experiences in the world between periods because of the cold (was colder + plus at night, then the Bruins/Flyers game).

lefty
01-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Some of my friends went to the college game on the 8th (BU/BC, I went to BU) and said it was a blast, but one of the most miserable experiences in the world between periods because of the cold (was colder + plus at night, then the Bruins/Flyers game).
If it can make them feel any better, I thought I lost my feet during the 2009 NHL All-Star weekend in Montreal, waiting outside the Bell Center to get autographs from the Western All-Stars

It was -30 degrees C. :wow

JudynTX
01-20-2010, 03:15 PM

It was -50 C that day

- Fenway Park

:lol Hey, I just saw your reply.

lefty
01-20-2010, 03:20 PM
:lol Hey, I just saw your reply.
It was about f...... time :lol

JudynTX
01-20-2010, 03:29 PM
It was about f...... time :lol

So it's not a winter classic unless it's minus degrees? :lol

lefty
01-20-2010, 03:46 PM
So it's not a winter classic unless it's minus degrees? :lol
According to Canadian standards, no :hat

Thanks God the ice didn't melt or break in Boston; I was picturing Daniel Briere drowning, it wasn't preety

Did you change your screenname?

JudynTX
01-20-2010, 03:54 PM
According to Canadian standards, no :hat

Thanks God the ice didn't melt or break in Boston; I was picturing Daniel Briere drowning, it wasn't preety

Did you change your screenname?

Yes

JudynTX
01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
The Flyers are in last place right now. :rolleyes

DarkReign
01-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Tank for Hall!

lefty
01-21-2010, 04:02 PM
They have been on a hot streak though

Plus, look closely at the standings between the 8th and last in the East, the points differential is not that high.

Rip-Hamilton32
01-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Dion Phaneuf along with 2 other players on their way to the Leafs for Stajan, White,Mayers and Hagman is what im hearing

Rip-Hamilton32
01-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Jean-Sebastien Giguere is on his way in too

lefty
01-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah I just saw; I was like WTF

Meanwhile, Bob Gainey is masturbating while watching reruns of the 1976 Stanley Cup Finals

Rip-Hamilton32
01-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Toskala and Blake for JSG, no more Toskala :elephant

lefty
01-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Toskala and Blake for JSG, no more Toskala :elephant

Rip-Hamilton32
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
shut the Devils out 3-0 with GSJ getting the shut out and Phanuef played well but didn't get a point

lefty
02-04-2010, 09:41 AM
shut the Devils out 3-0 with GSJ getting the shut out and Phanuef played well but didn't get a point
And Brodeur didn't play

Rip-Hamilton32
02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
And Brodeur didn't play

true but they are still a playoff team and we are bottom feeders

resistanze
02-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Kovalchuk to New Jersey.

lefty
02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
true but they are still a playoff team and we are bottom feeders
Oh I'm not taking anything away from the Leafs

Giggy was rock solid and they created they were consistent

lefty
02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Kovalchuk to New Jersey.
Kovalchulk in Lemaire's system

Well well well, that could be fun

lefty
02-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Last night on the Habs post game show, Marinaro said that ''Bob Gainey was close'' when referring to landing Kovalchuk and the deal with New Jersey.

Darren Dregger reported the same and said ''Montreal is one of the eastern conference teams with New Jersey that are in it'' on That's Hockey at 7:00 PM.

It seems like Gainey was close when it came to Hossa, Arnott, Briere, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk (at the draft and now), The Sedin's and others.

lefty
02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
OMG major choke by Toronto vs NJ :lmao

I'm glad I watched the last 4 minutes

Leafs had a 3-1 lead with 4 minutes to go, I expected Rip-Hamilton to come here and post: " hey, Brodeur played this time, muahahahahaha ! "

3 goals for NJ in the last 4 minutes.

Game over :rollin

Rip-Hamilton32
02-06-2010, 03:09 PM
OMG major choke by Toronto vs NJ :lmao

I'm glad I watched the last 4 minutes

Leafs had a 3-1 lead with 4 minutes to go, I expected Rip-Hamilton to come here and post: " hey, Brodeur played this time, muahahahahaha ! "

3 goals for NJ in the last 4 minutes.

Game over :rollin

:lol hahaha it happens

Rip-Hamilton32
02-06-2010, 10:32 PM
hey Lefty, we just ended Ottawa's 11 game win streak 5-0 :lol JSG with his second shut out as a leaf

Rip-Hamilton32
02-06-2010, 10:34 PM
i miss Toskala already :elephant

lefty
02-07-2010, 04:27 PM
hey Lefty, we just ended Ottawa's 11 game win streak 5-0 :lol JSG with his second shut out as a leaf
Nice :toast

And we beat Pittsburgh yesterday 5-3 with an AHL team :lol

Rip-Hamilton32
02-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Nice :toast

And we beat Pittsburgh yesterday 5-3 with an AHL team :lol

i actually live less then half hour away from Copps where the bulldogs play

lefty
02-07-2010, 06:24 PM

i actually live less then half hour away from Copps where the bulldogs play
Cool :toast

I go to watch them once at the Bell Center

JudynTX
02-09-2010, 12:58 PM
:wow:wow From last night.

TMwGzRs_DBU

lefty
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
:wow:wow From last night.

TMwGzRs_DBU
Yeah I watched the game live on Versus

Flyers are really a bunch of dirty players :D

JudynTX
02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Yeah I watched the game live on Versus

Flyers are really a bunch of dirty players :D

Below the belt. :lol

Seriously though, that hit was brutal.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-09-2010, 05:37 PM
yeah i seen that too, just crazy

DarkReign
02-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Go Wings!

...fuckin, fuck...bullshi...

lefty
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Go Wings!

...fuckin, fuck...bullshi...

Go Habs Go !

No wait............ most injured team in the NHL this season :bang

lefty
02-10-2010, 10:24 PM
3 days after beating the PEnguins with a depleted team, we beat Washingtoooooooon with a scrubs team

Go Bulldogs ! :elephant

TampaDude
03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Man...so glad the Olympics is over...time to get back to some REAL hockey! :D

cnyc3
03-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Hopefully our 4 main Olympians (Lu,Kesler,Salo,Demitra) bring back the passion and awesomeness back to the Canucks.

Make a run at Lord Stanley.

Im hoping Demitra keeps up the good play. He was awesome during the olympics. I was asking where that has been all along :lol

lefty
03-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Shorthanded Habs almost beat the Sharks @ SJ last Thursday

Carey Price was not human that night, unreal stops :wow

Rip-Hamilton32
03-07-2010, 02:07 AM
2-1 win over the Sens, the Monster played great

lefty
03-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Shorthanded Habs almost beat the Sharks @ SJ last Thursday

Carey Price was not human that night, unreal stops :wow

Fucking referee Chris Lee fucked us vs SJ, but he wasn't @ Staples Center :elephant

Big win vs the L.A Kings @ L.A 3-1 :king

lefty
03-07-2010, 10:53 PM
OMFG !!!!

We won @ Anaheim

We were down 3-1 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd period.

And then bim-bam ! OT :lmao

And we win the SO

he funny part was Bobby Ryan hitting the post on the empty net when the score was 3-2 :rollin

Jacob1983
03-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Directv finally caved and put Versus back on. About time. :toast

lefty
03-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Directv finally caved and put Versus back on. About time. :toast
Congrats :tu

Enjoy more unpunished beheading, season-ending hockey :bang

lefty
03-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Habs and Wings keep winning baby

We just beat the Rangers @MSG

It was the 600th meeting between Habs and Rags

Montreal is 318-185-94-3 against the Rangers, including a 122-122-54-2 mark in 300 games at New York.

Jacob1983
03-18-2010, 02:30 PM
I may be the only one that thinks this but the Sharks should be worried if the Red Wings wind up with the 8th seed. I'm curious to see if the Sharks will choke in the first round just like they did last year.

lefty
03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I may be the only one that thinks this but the Sharks should be worried if the Red Wings wind up with the 8th seed. I'm curious to see if the Sharks will choke in the first round just like they did last year.

+1

I'll take a lower seeded team that has a momentum heading in the playoffs than a top seeded team that is struggling, anytime of the day.

Nobody wants to play the Wings and the Habs right now

DarkReign
03-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Go fucking Wings. Two buzzer beaters in back-to-back games.

Rip-Hamilton32
03-21-2010, 02:08 PM
leafs winners in 6 of last 7 our new top line has been playing great

lefty
03-21-2010, 07:19 PM
leafs winners in 6 of last 7 our new top line has been playing great
Leafs are gonna rock next season !!!

Brian Burke in 2 seasons >>>>>>>> Gainey in 7 seasons

DarkReign
03-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Nice job, Cindy. Admittedly, without Malkin in the lineup.

lefty
03-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Nice job, Cindy. Admittedly, without Malkin in the lineup.
Wow :lol

DarkReign
03-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'...

lefty
03-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'...
In my opinion, the West is going to be won by either Vancouver or Detroit

SJ will choke: Thornton, Marleau, Heatley, Blake and Nabokov are notorious chokers

L.A Kings are becoming a force, but still too young; however, that's what people said about the Blackhawks last season, and they went to the WCF

Chicago: Khabibulin took them to the WF last season; he is not with them anymore; on top of that, they lost Campbell for the rest of the season

Nashville: that's a team I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs; solid and underrated IMGO

Phoenix: same as Nashville; kudos for coming from hell; they were awful last season and almost moved to another city`Dave Tipett should be the COY

Colorado: talented, solid goaltending, but same as L.A Kings; Joe Sako :lmao (cracks me up because the franchise`s legend is Joe Sakic) is anotehr candidate for the Jack Adams

DarkReign
03-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Hell of a game last night.

0-0 game entering the shootout. Took 11 rounds with a grand total of 3 goals scored (Bertuzzi, Sullivan then Kronwall to put them ahead with Howard shutting the door to win it).

Wings looking really, really good. That was the second game of a back-to-back with travel (admitted from Detroit to Nashville). 11-2-1 since the Olympics.

Bukefal
03-29-2010, 07:16 AM
21nBVuCMPuQ

DarkReign
03-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Seen that, friggin hilarious.

Look at the players to his left laughing their asses off (in their gloves, anyway).

He was Calgray's former coach, right?

lefty
03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Seen that, friggin hilarious.

Look at the players to his left laughing their asses off (in their gloves, anyway).

He was Calgray's former coach, right?
yep

lefty
04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Halak 1st star of the week in the NHL :tu

DarkReign
04-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Halak 1st star of the week in the NHL :tu

Resign Price or Halak?

lefty
04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Resign Price or Halak?
Good luck to Pierre Gauthier

Price is the future; talent, size, but between the ears.... a lot of work to do in that tiny head of his
We don't want to lose him and see him dominating the West; although it would be fun to see him take a few cups away from the Wings like Roy did

Halak, not as big as Price, but amazing focus, work ethic and it seems like his teammates respect him more

Jaro is our number 1 until someone kicks us out of the 1st round :hat

Decisions decisions.................:bang

Jacob1983
04-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Tonight was sweet. Went to the Ducks-Stars game at the AAC and it was awesome. I couldn't believe it ended the way it did. The place was loud and the fans were riled up too. It was weird because the Stars had nothing to play for except that tonight could have been Modano's last home game ever. Turco and Jere could be done as Stars too. And the standing ovations that Modano got were amazing. He was even getting props and cheers from the refs and the Ducks. Probably the best and most exciting hockey game I've ever been to. :toast

DarkReign
04-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Tonight was sweet. Went to the Ducks-Stars game at the AAC and it was awesome. I couldn't believe it ended the way it did. The place was loud and the fans were riled up too. It was weird because the Stars had nothing to play for except that tonight could have been Modano's last home game ever. Turco and Jere could be done as Stars too. And the standing ovations that Modano got were amazing. He was even getting props and cheers from the refs and the Ducks. Probably the best and most exciting hockey game I've ever been to. :toast

I hope you realize how frickin' lucky you are to have attended Modano's last home game. A home game where he spent his entire career.

One of the best American players to have ever laced them up. Surefire, first-ballot HHoF.

Hats off to Mullet Mike.

JudynTX
04-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Come on Flyers, win or go on summer vacation. :tu

lefty
04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Go Flyers !

If Flyers win, Montreal gets Washington
If NYR win, montreal gets NJ

I'm not afraid by the Caps, we have played very well against them this season, and their D is shitty

But NJ, I want to avoid them

lefty
04-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Wattagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame !!!!!

We are getting WASH woohoo

jn77
04-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Sorry Lefty, gonna be Caps in 5, maybe six. D is a little tighter than early in they year, and goaltending has been solid down the stretch. The habs have played us tough, but it's a long series and the caps are a grittier team by far.

Been waiting twenty years as a caps fan for a cup, and this is the best chance we have ever had. go Caps go!!

lefty
04-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Sorry Lefty, gonna be Caps in 5, maybe six. D is a little tighter than early in they year, and goaltending has been solid down the stretch. The habs have played us tough, but it's a long series and the caps are a grittier team by far.

Been waiting twenty years as a caps fan for a cup, and this is the best chance we have ever had. go Caps go!!
YEs!

Finally a ST member I can talk trash to during the playoffs :downspin:

The Caps should win the series, but I have news for you:

They won't win the Stanley Cup with that defensde; their run and gun offense is taking them nowhere.

The key to the Caps-Habs series will be Theodore IMHO

He has been red hot this month; will he be motivated enough to beat his former team?

Like any French Canadian goalie who visits the Bell Center, he could kill us.

Or will the Bell Centre crowd get into his head?

Expect a lot of "Theoooooo, Theeeeeeeeo " chants during games 3 and 4.

Bukefal
04-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Steven Stamkoooooossss :cheer
Great season and pretty awesome for this young player to lead the league together with Crosby.

http://www.studyofsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/steven20stamkos20pic202.jpg

lefty
04-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Sedin wins the point title baby. First Canuck ever.
Well deserved; even when Daniel was injured, Henrik produced; imagine if Daniel didn"t get injured, Henrik would have had more points

By the way, did you see that sick goal in the last Canucks game? (Henrik to Daniel) WOW :wow

robino2001
04-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I can't wait for the playoffs.... with the exception that every game I want to see is JIP. This is horrible for Avs fans in the US. Sure my team may be swept right out, but for a game to be JIP when the game preceding it starts only 30 minutes or an hour earlier - what a joke. What's even the point. If the preceding game goes to OT, the Avs game is SOL.

Sounds like it's time for yet another year of <cough cough> illegal <cough> streaming of NHL playoff games

jn77
04-12-2010, 03:36 PM
All about the trash talk lefty!!

Theo is gonna have to be great. I think he has really elevated his game latley. He will want to beat his old team and show that he could have done the job in last year's playoffs if gabby would have showed a little more faith.

I think the cup is a possibility this year. the changes we made on D seem to work pretty well. We seriously need to shure up the penalty killing though. If we meet Chicago or Detroit in the finals, the caps will raise Lord Stanley's Cup!

lefty
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
All about the trash talk lefty!!

Theo is gonna have to be great. I think he has really elevated his game latley. He will want to beat his old team and show that he could have done the job in last year's playoffs if gabby would have showed a little more faith.

I think the cup is a possibility this year. the changes we made on D seem to work pretty well. We seriously need to shure up the penalty killing though. If we meet Chicago or Detroit in the finals, the caps will raise Lord Stanley's Cup!

Nothing has really changed on D
they traded an offensive Dman (pothier) for another offensive Dman (Corvo)

Still, WASH's firepower is impressive

jn77
04-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah, they can shoot!

I don't miss Pothier that much. I think losing Poti would have been better, that guy is a turnover machine. gonna be a great series, can't wait til Thursday!

lefty
04-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Yeah, they can shoot!

I don't miss Pothier that much. I think losing Poti would have been better, that guy is a turnover machine. gonna be a great series, can't wait til Thursday!
Yeah, it wil be fun to watch for sure :tu

DarkReign
04-13-2010, 09:05 AM
What is JIP?

lefty
04-13-2010, 10:14 AM
_5js9ZzeJ4M

JudynTX
04-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Do we even have a chance against the Devils? :(

lefty
04-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Do we even have a chance against the Devils? :(
If Boucher plays well? YES

Jacob1983
04-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Joined in progress. You will probably get to watch the whole games that are in the East in their entirety. However, the games out West will probably be fucked up on Versus. You will probably not get to watch all the games out West in their entirety on Versus. Why doesn't NBC use USA network for hockey games? Seems like it would be a smart move.

JudynTX
04-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Joined in progress. You will probably get to watch the whole games that are in the East in their entirety. However, the games out West will probably be fucked up on Versus. You will probably not get to watch all the games out West in their entirety on Versus. Why doesn't NBC use USA network for hockey games? Seems like it would be a smart move.

Because they are idiots. Do you get the NHL Network?

Jacob1983
04-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah I get it but it should be renamed "Canada's Sport Network". Just saying. Nothing against Canada or Canadians but hockey is their sport.

DarkReign
04-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Yeah I get it but it should be renamed "Canada's Sport Network". Just saying. Nothing against Canada or Canadians but hockey is their sport.

Fuck Canada.

Jacob1983
04-13-2010, 11:36 PM
What's wrong with Canada?

Marklar MM
04-14-2010, 08:00 AM
What's wrong with Canada?

they smell and talk funny

Marklar MM
04-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Anyways, I feel sorry for Phoenix...possibly the worst pairing in the 1st round any team could get.

DarkReign
04-14-2010, 09:12 AM
they smell and talk funny

You know, eh?

lefty
04-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Tabarnak !

lefty
04-14-2010, 10:04 PM
JudyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynTX

I told you the Flyers could win game 1

(as long as Boucher doesn`t fuck up)

JudynTX
04-15-2010, 07:21 AM
JudyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynTX

I told you the Flyers could win game 1

(as long as Boucher doesn`t fuck up)

:D Woohoo!! :cheer What an intense game. :lol

I had to watch it online, it wasn't on our local cable stations. :rolleyes They usually show Flyers games, damn it.

DarkReign
04-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Wings got trucked.

lefty
04-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Wings got trucked.
I watched the game on Versus yesterday (TSN feed)

Nice game, but I expect Wings to win the series

DarkReign
04-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Go Habs. In OT.

lefty
04-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Fuck yeah
Plekanec with the game winning goal

That`s funny because Plekanec got into Theodore's head before the series started :lmao

Oh, and I have a video of jn77

3iMlZ2nfMck

Jacob1983
04-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Is the number 1 seed in hockey cursed? It's possible that both #1 seeds could go out in the first round. I think the Avs have a better chance of pulling off the upset over the Sharks than the Habs do against the Capitals.

JudynTX
04-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Fuck yeah
Plekanec with the game winning goal

That`s funny because Plekanec got into Theodore's head before the series started :lmao

Oh, and I have a video of jn77

3iMlZ2nfMck

:lol :lol Congrats on your win!

lefty
04-16-2010, 08:09 AM
:lol :lol Congrats on your win!
Thanks

But it's just 1 game :(

By the way, Ovechkin had ........................ 0 shot in game 1; that's right, nada, nothing

jn77
04-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Love the video! lol, we aren't all like that.

If this series goes the way of game 1 it will be alot of fun to watch. A couple of things I noticed

Caps defense was better than expected, Theo looked solid (good thing for Caps), and ovie didn't seem to have the jump in his step that I think we all expected to see. Look for him to correct that in game 2.

Habs looked really good. Lots of energy, hung in physically and the goaltending saved them! That kid is hella good! They cannot win the series if the Caps get 50+ shots a game the whole series though. Clearly both teams have some tweaks to make.

Can't wait for game two!

lefty
04-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Love the video! lol, we aren't all like that.

If this series goes the way of game 1 it will be alot of fun to watch. A couple of things I noticed

Caps defense was better than expected, Theo looked solid (good thing for Caps), and ovie didn't seem to have the jump in his step that I think we all expected to see. Look for him to correct that in game 2.

Habs looked really good. Lots of energy, hung in physically and the goaltending saved them! That kid is hella good! They cannot win the series if the Caps get 50+ shots a game the whole series though. Clearly both teams have some tweaks to make.

Can't wait for game two!

Game 2 will be interesting for sure

I expect the Capitals to make some adjustments, but Ovechkin has to wake the fuck up.

Halak has won us a lot of game when facing 45+ shots this season, go figure; but as you said, will he be able to keep it up in the long run?

velik_m
04-16-2010, 08:46 AM
The Kings lost :depressed

lefty
04-16-2010, 08:56 AM
The Kings lost :depressed
Haha a Kopitar fan :D

Kings are good, but Canucks are too loaded

DarkReign
04-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Tomas Jagr strikes again.

lefty
04-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Tomas Jagr strikes again.
:lol Pleks owned Theo

Did you know his teammates put up # 68 on his locker?

lefty
04-16-2010, 10:36 AM
_5js9ZzeJ4M
So whaddayathink of that goal ?

JudynTX
04-16-2010, 03:31 PM
:toast Go Flyers!

robino2001
04-17-2010, 09:08 AM
I hate west coast playoffs games... hate them even more when they go to overtime. I can never stay awake and eventually wake up to some bullshit infomercial on after the game... even worse when you find out your team lost.

Bleh.

I guess a 1-1 tie back to Colorado is better than being down 0-2...

DarkReign
04-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Awesomely entertaining game between Detroit and Phoenix last night.

SJ finally showed some heart...bout f-ing time.

lefty
04-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Awesomely entertaining game between Detroit and Phoenix last night.

SJ finally showed some heart...bout f-ing time.
Good game between PHX and Wings; Zetterberg is gangsta

Colorado got screwed by refs in game 2

Pretty much like the Habs are being screwed by refs tonight

We were up 4-1

Refs "miss" a goalie interference by Knuble on WAS's second goal

No cross check on Pouliot in the 3rd

Poti bodychecks Halak and gets away with it

lefty
04-17-2010, 08:26 PM
5-4 montreal

lefty
04-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Pouliot you dumb SOB

lefty
04-17-2010, 08:33 PM
No call on a that high stick on Markov ? and Caps tie the game up 20 seconds later

Surprise surprise .....

Bettman really really really wants Ovie vs Crosby in the 2nd round

Jacob1983
04-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Don't worry. The series is only tied 1-1. Canadiens can still pull off the upset.

velik_m
04-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Haha a Kopitar fan :D

Kings are good, but Canucks are too loaded

Yeah, can't help it, he's just so awesome. :king

OT goal tonight. :downspin:

lefty
04-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Don't worry. The series is only tied 1-1. Canadiens can still pull off the upset.

Thanks

I just hope Martin will make the necessary adjustments, because Boudreau did a nice job tonight
Playing the next 2 games in our building doesn't mean we'll win them.

Bad officiating happens in the playoffs, so I`ll give credits to the Caps; they wanted it more than we did after being down 4-1

Yeah, can't help it, he's just so awesome. :king

OT goal tonight. :downspin:

Haha nice

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
04-18-2010, 04:09 AM
forum run 2010

jn77
04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Caps 1-1! Game two saw Ovie back, now we need to get Semin to pull his head out of his ass!

Still not sure who starts game three. Theo or Varly. Maybe give Theo another shot, a boost to his pshychie. If he looks shaky early pull him and stick with Varlamov.

This is shaping up to be a really fun series. Would be nice to win one in regulation though. OT is terrible for my drinking!

lefty
04-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Caps 1-1! Game two saw Ovie back, now we need to get Semin to pull his head out of his ass!

Still not sure who starts game three. Theo or Varly. Maybe give Theo another shot, a boost to his pshychie. If he looks shaky early pull him and stick with Varlamov.

This is shaping up to be a really fun series. Would be nice to win one in regulation though. OT is terrible for my drinking!
I guess you didnt drink much during game 2.... a goal 30 seconds in OT.....

Fuck my life

jn77
04-18-2010, 09:17 PM
I guess you didnt drink much during game 2.... a goal 30 seconds in OT.....

Fuck my life

I had JUST cracked my OT beer!:lol

Jacob1983
04-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Sharks fans probably just went on suicide watch after that fail in OT tonight.

Marklar MM
04-19-2010, 07:02 AM

No need to be on suicide watch for Sharks fans. This is how every season goes for them...be a top seed in the conference, then go fishing early.

robino2001
04-19-2010, 07:51 AM

An ex-NHL player did a very similar thing in a Euro-league playoff game a couple of weeks ago... Swiss league maybe? I want to say it was a relatively big-name player too but can't remember who. That goal wasn't in OT/didn't end the game though and the team survived to win. Some think O'Reilly tipped the pass but it looks like Boyle put it straight in to me.

Still... I hate west coast playoff overtime games... but they're not AS bad when in Denver... and they are certainly not as bad when they're over within a minute and the Avs get the win. :)

***Edit - oh, and Colorado had absolutely no right winning that game last night.

Jacob1983
04-19-2010, 11:59 AM
I still think there might be a possible curse on the number 1 seed in hockey.

lefty
04-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Woohoo, just got tickets for tonight's game :king :downspin:

jn77
04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Wow, there's the Caps I was looking for! Now we just need to get the power play online. Still not over, but I feel a little better than I did yesterday.

lefty
04-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Wow, there's the Caps I was looking for! Now we just need to get the power play online. Still not over, but I feel a little better than I did yesterday.
I can't believe believe I witnessed that beatdown right in the Bell Center

We had a great 1st period and then we stopped playing.

I don't want to take anything away from the Caps, they played well and Varlamov was great, but we stopped doing the things that had made us successfull in Washington.

In a nutshell, we played like shit during the last 2 periods.

And Ovechkin blew kisses to the crowd when he scored; the guy next to me was pissed but I liked it :lol

How can you hate Ovechkin, he plays with so much passion