PDA

View Full Version : Robert Gates: Overhaul the Pentagon

LnGrrrR
09-22-2009, 11:26 AM
An interesting article:

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/17-10/ff_smartlist_gates?currentPage=1

I've got good opinions of our SecDef. He's got strong convictions, and punishes stupidity where he finds it. To read that he's fiscally conservative is great to boot.

boutons_deux
09-22-2009, 11:31 AM
ain't gonna happen.

MIC is powerful enough to crush any reforms. eg, see the insane story of the F-22, the terminated exception that proves the rule the nothing gets terminated.

MUCH more important to terminate Repugs' bullshit bogus Iraq war-for-oil, and their other unwinable war in Afghanistan.

There MIGHT be some savings there, but MIC knows how to play the suck-the-taxpayer-dry-with-corporate-welfare game.

PEP
09-22-2009, 07:12 PM
ain't gonna happen.

MIC is powerful enough to crush any reforms. eg, see the insane story of the F-22, the terminated exception that proves the rule the nothing gets terminated.

MUCH more important to terminate Repugs' bullshit bogus Iraq war-for-oil, and their other unwinable war in Afghanistan.

There MIGHT be some savings there, but MIC knows how to play the suck-the-taxpayer-dry-with-corporate-welfare game.
:deadhorse

You dont get out much do you?

DMX7
09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
An interesting article:

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/17-10/ff_smartlist_gates?currentPage=1

I've got good opinions of our SecDef. He's got strong convictions, and punishes stupidity where he finds it. To read that he's fiscally conservative is great to boot.

Gates is one of the very few good bush appointments.

nuclearfm
09-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Gates is one of the very few good bush appointments.

I actually have associated with the guy. He's not that clean, but he's decent. Research the Iran-Contra scandal.

boutons_deux
09-23-2009, 03:33 AM
Gates is a suck-ass. Early in St Ronnie's term (the beginning of conservatives' destruction of government), Gates began the political corruption of CIA reports, telling the WH what it wanted to hear to suit WH political aims, rather than Just The Facts. aka, Make Up Shit.