PDA

View Full Version : Brag a Little... (or What Are You Proud Of?)

balli
09-22-2009, 12:00 PM
What personal talent do you possess that you're proud of having?

I can throw a football with a tight spiral and a nice ark. It'll come in humming. And based on what I've seen, A LOT of dudes can't do that.

I'm an insanely good foosball player. I'm ashamed that I'm not a better pool player. I can hang, but I had a table growing up and I should be a lot better than I am.

I took the ACT's at 8 AM, 6 hours into a mushroom trip, scored a 32 and a perfect reading comprehension score.

CosmicCowboy
09-22-2009, 12:04 PM
perfect on reading and you don't know how to spell "arc"?

BacktoBasics
09-22-2009, 12:07 PM
With 94% accuracy I can look at a women (in person) and tell you how she trims her snatch.

DarkReign
I am good at nothing, I dont have one discernible, money-making, character-building "talent".

What I do have is extreme individualism and a persistent pessimism on all things human.

Its worked out so far.

ashbeeigh

It is raining a lot rain now. Maybe he's thinking of building one?

phxspurfan
09-22-2009, 12:08 PM

But but he can throw a football!

Dear Sir,

Congratulations and welcome to
http://www.sports-logos-screensavers.com/images/Img1724.jpg

balli
09-22-2009, 12:09 PM

lol, Good point, but interestingly enough, English was my worst category of the four, IIRC.

angel_luv
09-22-2009, 12:09 PM
It is raining a lot rain now. Maybe he's thinking of building one?

Or maybe he is super strong and can actually throw an ark.

That is something to be proud of.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-22-2009, 12:13 PM
The ACTs? Scored a 28 hungover. With my eyes clozed.

ashbeeigh
09-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Or maybe he is super strong and can actually throw an ark.

That is something to be proud of.

I'd pay to see that. :tu

phxspurfan
09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
The ACTs? Scored a 28 hungover. With my eyes clozed.

I got a 29 and a prom date

CosmicCowboy
09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I didn't even take the ACT because all the good colleges wanted the SAT.

09-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Actually, they tossed my first ACT score because this stupid twat copied most of test off of me. She went from a score of 9 to a 26.

Had people from Iowa at my HS grilling me and was forced to take it again. The beejer was totally worth it, though.

101A
09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Let me see....

beautiful wife, great kids, lots of friends, a 34 on the ACT, successful.....it's really hard to decide...but if I have to pick JUST ONE:

I'm incredibly modest.

tp2021
09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
I had a foosball table when I was younger. I'm pretty sure I can beat almost anyone.

I was the valedictorian of my class.

09-22-2009, 12:26 PM
I played foosball in college competitively.

tp2021
09-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Bring it

IronMexican
09-22-2009, 12:37 PM
My 60 and 20 record on Madden.

JamStone
09-22-2009, 12:39 PM
I have a gigantic penis.

Well actually I have a really small penis, but my dog has a gigantic penis and I own him, so vicariously, I have a gigantic penis.

PakiDan
09-22-2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.englishforum.ch/attachments/family-matters/98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.gif

I am proud that I am as shrewd as Gordon Gekko.

manufan10
09-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I have a gigantic penis.

Well actually I have a really small penis, but my dog has a gigantic penis and I own him, so vicariously, I have a gigantic penis.

:lmao

I. Hustle
09-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I have a gigantic penis.

I have a 16 inch penis... flacid...when it's cold out

Gordon Gekko
09-22-2009, 01:08 PM
http://www.englishforum.ch/attachments/family-matters/98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerlikon-zurich-hijack.gif

I am proud that I am as shrewd as Gordon Gekko.

So....are you in?

CuckingFunt
09-22-2009, 01:11 PM
I never took the ACT. Got a 1490 on the SAT without really studying, but that doesn't provide much consolation as I'm getting ready to take the GRE in two weeks and realizing I haven't had a reason to do any math more advanced than addition/subtraction in 12 years.

As for what I'm proud of... I can sing "We're in the Money" in pig latin just as well as Ginger Rogers did in Gold Diggers of '33.

I'm honest and, I think, a pretty decent human being.

And I'm a demon in the sack.

SpursStalker
09-22-2009, 01:26 PM
With 94% accuracy I can look at a women (in person) and tell you how she trims her snatch.

:lmao

StuartSmalley
09-22-2009, 01:26 PM
I deserve good things, I am entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am an attractive person. I am fun to be with.
I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me.

CuckingFunt
09-22-2009, 01:27 PM

To be fair, that's not too difficult.

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I had sex with cuckingfunt

LnGrrrR
09-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Uhm, I'm a decent actor, a good counselor, and I scored a 1360 or 1380 on my SAT... can't remember which of the two it was.

angel_luv
09-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Uhm, I'm a decent actor, a good counselor, and I scored a 1360 or 1380 on my SAT... can't remember which of the two it was.

I didn't know you were an actor. What have you acted in?

ashbeeigh
09-22-2009, 01:37 PM

That sounds more like two truths and a lie to me. :)

mookie2001
09-22-2009, 01:38 PM
wow the sat and act scores on spurstalk are in the 90th percentile, we sure are smart

mavs>spurs2
09-22-2009, 01:48 PM
wow the sat and act scores on spurstalk are in the 90th percentile, we sure are smart

lololololol

angel_luv
09-22-2009, 01:53 PM
I am proud that I am currently self publishing my first book.

Cry Havoc
09-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Well, if we're talking more recent accomplishments, I ran my first half marathon this year! Going for the full next year if all works out. :toast

Ballcox
09-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm working on creating a currency for dogs and cats to use.

JoeChalupa
09-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I made it on the all-star team in baseball each year I played.

DisAsTerBot
09-22-2009, 02:57 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg221/cccchris007/monumentos2.jpg

monuments

ploto
09-22-2009, 03:27 PM
I am most proud to be my son's mother.

BacktoBasics
09-22-2009, 03:30 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg221/cccchris007/monumentos2.jpg

monumentscertainly isn't camera work.

LnGrrrR
09-22-2009, 03:36 PM
That sounds more like two truths and a lie to me. :)

Believe what you wish. :) I'm not going to pay money to have the score sent to me so I can scan it and post it online heh.

I got a 99 overall on my ASVAB. (And a 1460 or 80 on my PSAT... I get the 60 and 80 mixed up between the two tests.)

However, I'd score much worse now on math-related sections, as I haven't had to do any sort of math like that for awhile. I'd still do decent on the verbal sections.

LnGrrrR
09-22-2009, 03:38 PM
I didn't know you were an actor. What have you acted in?

Oh, I haven't acted in awhile. Used to do plays in high school, and I did one or two little one-acts while I was stationed in San Antonio. I think when I get to Hawaii, I'll try to find some local theatre guilds and audition. I just finished a "Fundamentals of Acting" class for Tulane, and it reminded me how much I missed it.

the agent
09-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Oh, I haven't acted in awhile. Used to do plays in high school, and I did one or two little one-acts while I was stationed in San Antonio. I think when I get to Hawaii, I'll try to find some local theatre guilds and audition. I just finished a "Fundamentals of Acting" class for Tulane, and it reminded me how much I missed it.

We may be able to help each other out.

mookie2001
09-22-2009, 03:57 PM
ive never read or seen any of the lord of the rings or harry potter books or movies

PakiDan
09-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I made a recreation of the spurstalk club banner out of ground beef.

ashbeeigh
09-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Believe what you wish. :) I'm not going to pay money to have the score sent to me so I can scan it and post it online heh.

I got a 99 overall on my ASVAB. (And a 1460 or 80 on my PSAT... I get the 60 and 80 mixed up between the two tests.)

However, I'd score much worse now on math-related sections, as I haven't had to do any sort of math like that for awhile. I'd still do decent on the verbal sections.

:lol I could care less what all of you got on your college entrance exams because I know for a fact it was a hell of a lot better then I did and I'm doing just fine for myself right now.

As for me, I'm pretty darn proud that of the two resumes I sent out in the last week I got a call for an interview for one of them within 24 hours of sending it out.

ManuTP9
09-22-2009, 04:14 PM
im good at untangling wires

JamStone
09-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I write and play music.

I'm a decent rapper, average guitar player, horrible singer. But, I just do it for fun and I'm not embarrassed about sharing even if you think my music sucks. Here are a couple of my songs.

BNqwRtzrnmM

hCEallOCnVE

tlongII
09-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Pac-10 football. Dominates every other conference in the country.

mookie2001
09-22-2009, 05:01 PM
^im proud of SPORTS, they dominate every other pastime in the country

baseline bum
09-22-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm proud of my 4 rings, faggot.

thispego
09-22-2009, 05:07 PM
this thread will reduce the number of threads in the club by 50%. at least.

mingus
09-22-2009, 05:49 PM
i'm proud of the fact that i don't feel the want to brag.

wait...

IronMexican
09-22-2009, 06:58 PM
ive never read or seen any of the lord of the rings or harry potter books or movies

same. Twice.

CuckingFunt
09-22-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm proud to have made it 31 years without ever seeing more than five minutes at a time of either Grease or Dirty Dancing, and likely without ever having seen the entirety of either film.

David Bowie
09-22-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm proud I painted this : http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9609/paintingn.jpg

Cry Havoc
09-22-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm proud to have made it 31 years without ever seeing more than five minutes at a time of either Grease or Dirty Dancing, and likely without ever having seen the entirety of either film.

I had to watch Grease in high school. :depressed

phxspurfan
09-22-2009, 09:09 PM
I made some killer ramen two days ago...wonder if it's still good

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-22-2009, 09:30 PM
this thread will reduce the number of threads in the club by 50%. at least.

Not as long as Panda Spur is still alive it won't.

Supergirl
09-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Getting to see a play I wrote and directed performed live.

desflood
09-22-2009, 09:47 PM
When it comes to physical pain, I'm very tough. So far I've made it through childbirth 3 times (two were natural, no drugs, and all the kids were over 8 lbs.) and two broken bones without screaming once.

baseline bum
09-22-2009, 09:50 PM
same. Twice.

I'll third that.

resistanze
09-22-2009, 10:23 PM

+1

JamStone
09-22-2009, 10:50 PM
That's an absolutely perfect depiction of Paula Abdul. Great job.

I'm proud I painted this : http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9609/paintingn.jpg

Summers
09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
I've seen Grease about 20 times. :lol

My son is the ONLY 1st-grader in his school who tested into the GT program.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
I want to introduce a bit of a twist to this thread: what is your everyday superpower? An everyday superpower is something mundane that you do better than anyone else you have ever met. I am not talking about career or tests or things like that, this is about things that don't really matter but that you excel at.

For example, my everyday superpower is sense of direction - I have an impeccable sense of direction, even in places I've never been before. You can take me 20kms in a foreign city I've never been in before, and I will find my way back. Along with this, I am an excellent map reader and never get lost. During my time in Japan I was well known for guiding groups of lost English teachers to their destinations, even if I'd never been to the city before, simply because I could read a map properly. Maybe it comes from driving a cab for years, I don't know, but that's it - I never get lost.

What is your everyday superpower?

I am good at nothing, I dont have one discernible, money-making, character-building "talent".

What I do have is extreme individualism and a persistent pessimism on all things human.

Its worked out so far.

I am proud to be a jack of all trades, master of none - teach me to do something, leave me to it, and I'll be doing it very well, and possibly improving on your method, within hours.

Why conflate LoTR and Harry Potter? LoTR is one of the classics of english literature and Tolkien was a genius, both in mind and written word, whereas Harry Potter is pulp fiction written by a hack whose hacknicity is only exceeded by Dan Brown.

I get that you are not into fantasy, and that's fine, but please stop insulting Tolkien by intimating that LoTR has anything to do with Harry Potter.

FromWayDowntown
09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm working on creating a currency for dogs and cats to use.

This. Is. Stellar.

tp2021
09-22-2009, 11:07 PM
I've never posted in the Quattro

Summers
What is your everyday superpower?

I'm a super taster. I can taste that fake salt they put in low-sodium food. I can taste salt in bottled water. Kinda goes with smell, too, I guess. I can smell fires or gas leaks before anyone else can. I actually feel physically ill when I'm forced to be next to someone wearing too much perfume. The smell of new rubber makes me literally queasy.

mookie2001
Why conflate LoTR and Harry Potter? LoTR is one of the classics of english literature and Tolkien was a genius, both in mind and written word, whereas Harry Potter is pulp fiction written by a hack whose hacknicity is only exceeded by Dan Brown.

I get that you are not into fantasy, and that's fine, but please stop insulting Tolkien by intimating that LoTR has anything to do with Harry Potter.
well there are many many similarities

foreign fantasy books, that became huge budget 3 hour movies with foreign actors, with sequel after sequel after sequel, that were relased at the SAME EXACT time, marketed for children

can you think of any other movies that fit that description?

maybe potter was a ripoff, but who cares who ripped off who if they both suck

now i can see a lot of 12 year old girls love that stuff and usually, without seeing for myself, i stay away from those things

i like fantasy, just not the fantasy shit, if you know what i mean

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-22-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm a super taster. I can taste that fake salt they put in low-sodium food. I can taste salt in bottled water. Kinda goes with smell, too, I guess. I can smell fires or gas leaks before anyone else can. I actually feel physically ill when I'm forced to be next to someone wearing too much perfume. The smell of new rubber makes me literally queasy.

You could be a wine taster... and paid for it! ;) :lol

foreign fantasy books, that became huge budget 3 hour movies with foreign actors, with sequel after sequel after sequel, that were relased at the SAME EXACT time, marketed for children

now i can see a lot of 12 year old girls love that stuff and usually, without seeing for myself, i stay away from those things

Um, no.

LoTR was a book written in 6 parts back in the 1940s. It is a brilliant work of literature, widely recognised as a literary classic regardless of its status as fantasy. They didn't "make sequel after sequel", they needed 3 movies to tell the story, and even then had to cut parts out. Also, LoTR is NOT "marketed for children", just as the books were not written for children.

That you believe that Harry Potter may have "ripped off" LoTR just shows that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Harry Potter bears no resemblance to LoTR, other than the same classification as 'fantasy'. One is about a boy who goes to wizard school, the other is about an apocalyptic war.

If you are a fan of fantasy, and you read, I highly recommend that you read LoTR. It'll take you up to 6 months, but it's well worth the journey. If you don't read, watch the movies, they aren't junk. In fact, I refused to see them for years after they came out because I didn't want to pollute my reading of the books by watching the movies, but in the end I relented and thought the movies were about as good a telling of the books' tale as could have been done in movie form.

mookie2001
09-22-2009, 11:35 PM
all 6 or 8 of the total movies came out at same time is what i meant

and lotr was marketed for children are you kidding me?

where did they advertise, did they make a full line of swag and toys, who was at the theatre?

and how can you say theres no resemblance when theyre both

Cant_Be_Faded
09-22-2009, 11:38 PM

Similarities only in the fact that you go against the grain just for the sake of going against the grain and mistook one fad for another.

Bookwise there is no comparison, LoTR started an entire genre for decades onward. And as for the cinema experience, Harry Potter did not come close to the level of detail LoTR attempted at as far as props, settings, language.
Tolkien has more intelligence and talent in the decayed matter of his junk than JK Rowling's wannabe wiccan ass could ever hope for.
LoTR wasn't nearly as marketed towards children as Harry Potter was dude.

You saying that is like saying ou and texas football teams are similar because they both play on a football field with a football.
The movies themselves probably did come out together with both sides intending to cash in as much as possible, but still.

DieMrBond
09-22-2009, 11:41 PM
My daughter just turned 5 (like 2 days ago) and is not yet in the Australian 'school system', but is already reading, writing, spelling, talking, counting at a year 1 or 2 level (age 6/7).

The girl reads ME the bedtime stories.

holcs50
09-22-2009, 11:50 PM
LOL-why is everyone listing their scores for ACTs and SATs. I'm positive you all have things you can be more proud of than some silly standardized tests. I guess I'd say getting my Masters degree, double major undergrad, being a good surfer, being a varsity bball player sophomore year and up-reverse dunking at 6'1, being a spurs fan :toast, having a badass great dane, good friends/family etc.

Now if we made a thread of things I'm ashamed of or not proud of the list would go on and on and on. I would probably only feel comfortable listing a few of them, ha.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-22-2009, 11:57 PM