PDA

View Full Version : Nazr + Groin Injury > Rasho Nesterovic

SequSpur
04-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Dude,

This guy has been killing it since Rasho has been out. The Spurs are undefeated, they are pushing teams around. They are physical and they are just kicking ass.

I told you mofos that the Spurs needed to get rid of Rasho and I feel bad for him but ever since last years playoffs and since David left, there has been a big gaping hole in the middle with Rasho there.

Nazr has done more in 3 games than Rasho has done in 70+.

Finally, some toughness in the middle.

pigknuckles
04-12-2005, 10:53 PM
His athleticism really is the difference on the boards. We are witnessing something that has been missing since Mr. Duncra has been out.

Once he gets more comfortable with the guys/system.....lookout Rasho!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2005, 10:57 PM
The other thing people are missing is when Nazr gets pissed, he gets really physical. That's something you can't even say about Tim, unfortunately.

The playoffs are going to be rough, and Nazr will have Tim's back. Don't think I can say the same about Rasho (as much as I love his D).

SequSpur
04-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Exactly. Glen Robinson, Nazr, Bowen, Manu "cough", Massenburg, form a toughness to be recognized.

I am liking it.

CosmicCowboy
04-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Nazr still has to prove he can play in the paint with Tim and not defer the right touches...

Big dog little dog syndrome...

Rasho never got over it...

Hopefully Nazr can...

T Park
04-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Nazr still has to prove he can play in the paint with Tim and not defer the right touches

you must have missed the chicago game one of the last games they got to play together.

They played fantastic together.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Nazr proved he could play with Tim the few times he actually got some run immediately after being traded to SA, but unfortunately most of the time he was getting stuck out on the court as the only big man or with Massenberg or Horry (and that's what people remember).

Leetonidas
04-12-2005, 11:21 PM
The other thing people are missing is when Nazr gets pissed, he gets really physical. That's something you can't even say about Tim, unfortunately.

The playoffs are going to be rough, and Nazr will have Tim's back. Don't think I can say the same about Rasho (as much as I love his D).

Actually, when Tim gets mad, he monster dunks on you...

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Bullshit Balla.

Tim's worst performances the last 3 years have all come when teams get physical with him. He starts shooting jumpers and looking for the refs to bail him out.

It's why Seattle beat us twice this year. Why Portland has given us fits the last two years. And part of why LA handed us our ass last year.

orhe
04-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Nazr has been a monster... but is he better than rasho defensively? i doubt it.

SequSpur
04-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Horry and Nazr are better defensively. Do you even watch the games?

ChumpDumper
04-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Only when he's not bowling.

orhe
04-13-2005, 12:16 AM
ah come on...
the guy changes a lot of shots... he makes it harder for the opposition to score on us.
im willing to bet if rasho was there baron davis wouldn't go for 38 points on us.
and that livingston fella wouldn't get all those layups.

SequSpur
04-13-2005, 12:19 AM
ah come on...
the guy changes a lot of shots... he makes it harder for the opposition to score on us.
im willing to bet if rasho was there baron davis wouldn't go for 38 points on us.

Are we talking about Rasho? I am lost.

kskonn
04-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Bullshit Balla.

Tim's worst performances the last 3 years have all come when teams get physical with him. He starts shooting jumpers and looking for the refs to bail him out.

It's why Seattle beat us twice this year. Why Portland has given us fits the last two years. And part of why LA handed us our ass last year.

I hope all of the aggression that Nazi brings rubs off on tim. When tim gets mad he plays very well, he gets in the zone. When he starts looking for those bail outs from the ref we get in trouble. Hopefully tim has been inspired from watching all of this from the sideline. He needs to come back with a "sherrifs back in town attitude" if he does everyone will play even more inspired than they are now.

orhe
04-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Are we talking about Rasho? I am lost.

duh?
do you even play? do you know how much a lengthy guy who plays great position defense can bother you?

kskonn
04-13-2005, 12:22 AM
ah come on...

He was there in Dallas..... just making a point. I think anyone can play good D with Tim. I think that is one thing that rasho is great at, playing defense with Tim. However Nazrs athleticism makes him a better defender when he is on the court by himself. He almost has a D rob style.. Don't misunderstand what I say to mean that Rasho has not been a great defender because he is very good, Nazr just has that defensive play making ability, so does horry.

kskonn
04-13-2005, 12:24 AM
I would also like to add that Rasho does a great job of wearing his man down throughout the game, he plays consistent D all of the time

ChumpDumper
04-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Compare the Clippers' FG% the last two games against the Spurs.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-13-2005, 12:41 AM
"G-G-G-G-Groin injury!"

Sorry---movie quote. I couldn't resist.

timvp
04-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Rasho is light years ahead of Nazr on the defensive end. Nazr might block some more shots, but he still doesn't know how to rotate in the Spurs' system. Nazr also has a lot of point guards laying it up right over him, which isn't something you see too often with Rasho.

Rasho will still start, but it's great to see Nazr play better. Every since I saw him rough up Dirk, I've been a fan.

Now if he wouldn't get blocked so often and pump fake too, he'd be a lot better. But hey, I can live with that seeing that he replaced a guy who did the same things.

Nazr has made the playoff roster.

Believe.

MannyIsGod
04-13-2005, 01:37 AM
I must say, I never thought Nazr would do this in the time he's been given. He's been a monster on the offensive glass, and not too shabby on D. Rasho still plays much better D, but that might be negated simply due to the fact that Nazr will get your more points because of his offensive rebounding.

I'm praying for the man to start playing great defense. If he can do that, we'll have the best front court in the leauge.

I'm going to believe in Nazr, but I'm really hoping he doesn't make me regret that.

tddunks01
04-13-2005, 02:02 AM
Bullshit Balla.

didnt he have 30something against seattle in the second game. dont forget against LA, we lacked clutch outside shooters, regardless TD still performed at a high level. your brent barry better come thru this time around.

boutons
04-13-2005, 05:12 AM
"dont forget against LA, we lacked clutch outside shooters"

Absolute total BS, a myth.

Having shot 44% FG all season, in LA games 3 - 6, the ENTIRE Spurs team shot 34%, 41%, 43%, 30%.

Season 3G% was 36%. In the LA game 3 - 6, 40%, 47%, 40%, 13%

So far all the bitching about outside shooting, in the Lakers series collapse, the Spurs shot 3G% MUCH BETTER than their season avg (except for game6) while their 2G% (including the paint) was a lot worse.

Rummpd
04-13-2005, 05:57 AM
I told you all about Nazr not to bash Rasho but a guy does not go from being about a 12 and 8 guy to nothing just by sitting on the Spurs bench!

Summers
04-13-2005, 08:45 AM

I'm going to embarrass myself here, because I can't remember exactly when it occurred, but in the Blazers game last night, did anyone notice how Nazr flat-out shoved that guy to the floor? It was, I think, right after that nice tip-in by Manu. I was surprised he didn't get a technical. (Is it not a "foul" if the clock's not running?) Don't get me wrong... I love the aggression, but I don't want him to get carried away.

LilMissSPURfect
04-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Exactly. Glen Robinson, Nazr, Bowen, Manu "cough", Massenburg, form a toughness to be recognized.

I am liking it.

no body likes to be pushed around but seeing them STEP IT up is refreshing !

COUNT ME IN!

Useruser666
04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm going to embarrass myself here, because I can't remember exactly when it occurred, but in the Blazers game last night, did anyone notice how Nazr flat-out shoved that guy to the floor? It was, I think, right after that nice tip-in by Manu. I was surprised he didn't get a technical. (Is it not a "foul" if the clock's not running?) Don't get me wrong... I love the aggression, but I don't want him to get carried away.

I saw it. I'm not sure exactly what happened. I thought it was an And1 play for Manu. I thought the guy kinda fell back into Nazr from trying to contest Manu's shot, but it did seem Nazr "guided" him to the ground. I may be wrong though.

wildbill2u
04-13-2005, 10:18 AM
How many teams have TWO centers that can actually play starting minutes? Both guys give us something different and each can complement the other.

And we can now go from Bowen DPOY to Robinson's offense.

Let's not look at this as 'either-or" or x>y but look at the potential for their combined game: X+Y.

When Timmy gets back the Spurs front line is looking GOOD.

kskonn
04-13-2005, 11:39 AM
How many teams have TWO centers that can actually play starting minutes? Both guys give us something different and each can complement the other.

Let's not look at this as 'either-or" or x>y but look at the potential for their combined game: X+Y.

Having these different syle lineups makes it much more difficult for a team to prepare for the spurs.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Nazr had a really good game last night, but there were still times when he was out of position on D. The one that stands out was in the 4th when Portland began to crawl back into it. Nazr jumped out to try to poke away a steal, then wandered around up near the free throw line. Meanwhile, the perimiter guys steered Travis Outlaw to the left baseline. Instead of rotating to help, Nazr was frozen in no-man's land when Outlaw threw down the dunk. Rasho would have been there. At least Nazr didn't foul him like that late foul at Golden State. He's improving, and his rebounding is insane, but Rasho's D is still better than Nazr's. Nazr has come a long way over the past couple of games though.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-13-2005, 01:04 PM

Exactly. For the past two games, Bowen & Robinson are averaging 26 points per game on 49% shooting, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and 83% from the line. I can't remember getting numbers like that from the small forward position since Sean Elliot retired.

wildbill2u
04-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Exactly. For the past two games, Bowen & Robinson are averaging 26 points per game on 49% shooting, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and 83% from the line. I can't remember getting numbers like that from the small forward position since Sean Elliot retired.

I don't think Sean EVER had that high a shooting or points per game average. To get to 20 point SF for the Spurs you have to go back to Mike Mitchell and Larry Kenon.

Nasr and Big Dog trades have really big upside possibilities and no downsides that I can see. PROPS to the FO and Pop.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
I don't think Sean EVER had that high a shooting or points per game average. To get to 20 point SF for the Spurs you have to go back to Mike Mitchell and Larry Kenon.

Nasr and Big Dog trades have really big upside possibilities and no downsides that I can see. PROPS to the FO and Pop.

Good point. GR reminds me of Mitch a lot.

T Park
04-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Robinson is way better than Mike Mitchell come on.

Robinson is the Steve Kerr of 05.

Comes in, bags some shots, has some whily veteran play.

Brent Barry reminds me of Stephen Jackson more and more.

kskonn
04-13-2005, 03:03 PM

He had a few seasons with those totals. see below

3-POINT FGS FREE THROWS POINTS
Season Team ts Pts/G
89-90 SA 10.0
90-91 SA 15.9
91-92 SA 16.3
92-93 SA 17.2
93-94 Det 12.1
94-95 SA 18.1
95-96 SA 20.0
96-97 SA 14.9
97-98 SA 9.3
98-99 SA 11.2
99-00 SA 6.0
00-01 SA 7.9
Totals Made
589 Att
1572 Pct
.375 Att/G
2.1 Made
2251 Att
2816 Pct
.799 Att/G
3.8 Pts
10544 Pts/G

T Park
04-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Wild Bill forgets how good Sean Elliott was.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Robinson is way better than Mike Mitchell come on.

Robinson is the Steve Kerr of 05.

Comes in, bags some shots, has some whily veteran play.

Brent Barry reminds me of Stephen Jackson more and more.

T Park, speak not of that for which you have no knowledge.

I'd bet a dollar you never even saw Mitchell play, and if you did it was only through one eye as you sucked on your mama's teet.

kskonn
04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Wild Bill forgets how good Sean Elliott was.

agreed

kskonn
04-13-2005, 03:09 PM
T Park, speak not of that for which you have no knowledge.

I'd bet a dollar you never even saw Mitchell play, and if you did it was only through one eye as you sucked on your mama's teet.

ahhh suckin teet those where the days.

Mitchell was great but Elliot was no sloutch. That is the only point I was making with those stats.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-13-2005, 04:11 PM
I wasn't trying to say anything other than these past two games have seen the SF position be more productive (on offense) than it has been in years. Elliott and Mitch both come to mind. It remains to be seen if it will become a real trend.

wildbill2u is right about Mike Mitchell. Mitch in his prime he was an incredible shooter. I watched him play at Hemisfair from when he came to SA (mid-season 82 I think) until 1988. His body, playing style and shot closely resemble Glenn Robinson's. The word "touch" comes to mind. He had a career FG% of 49.3%, and averaged a hair off of 20 points per game for his career. In his prime years, 1982 to 86, his average was closer to 23 ppg.

Mitch's most prolific year was in 1986. Glenn Robinson's was 2001. For what its worth (and wasn't this thread about Nazr & Rasho?) check out a comparison of the two players at http://www.basketball-reference.com/labs/comp.cgi?I=mitchmi01%3AMike+Mitchell&y1=1986&C=robingl01%3AGlenn+Robinson&y2=2001&s=r&t=t&submit=Compare

I love that website.

I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but when you compare them in any of their prime years, Mike Mitchell comes out on top. To me comparing Robinson to Mitch is a hell of a compliment to the Big Dog. Let's hope he can maintain some consistency.

wildbill2u
04-13-2005, 04:17 PM
I didn't mean to diss Eliott. He was a great all around player for the Spurs. Helped win championship when others fell short.

But he simply was not the pure shooter that Mitchell or Kenon were and the comment was about pure shooting prowess.

Those guys had better shooting ppg avg. than Elliot while playing with Gervin who was the teams leading scorer and go to guy. Mitchell's first season he averaged 21 ppg (Compare to TD or Manu or TP now)

kskonn
04-13-2005, 04:33 PM
I didn't mean to diss Eliott. He was a great all around player for the Spurs. Helped win championship when others fell short.

But he simply was not the pure shooter that Mitchell or Kenon were and the comment was about pure shooting prowess.

Those guys had better shooting ppg avg. than Elliot while playing with Gervin who was the teams leading scorer and go to guy. Mitchell's first season he averaged 21 ppg (Compare to TD or Manu or TP now)

Yea I agree with that. Elliots strength was creating his own offense when the spurs went stagnent, man he had the best first step in the leauge during his prime.

My earlier comment was to show that we did have a forward that averaged 20 points etc since mitchell during a seson, although not the consistent carreer average that Mitchell had.

T Park
04-13-2005, 05:12 PM
I'd bet a dollar you never even saw Mitchell play, and if you did it was only through one eye as you sucked on your mama's teet

89 90.

Same situation same way.

I was THERE when he played with the Spurs at the end of that year.

So dont even TRY me Ed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Summers -

Nazr was being physical with Przbilla on that play. He definitely pushed him, but Pryz definitely flopped like a mofo on that one too.

wildbill2u
04-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Yea I agree with that. Elliots strength was creating his own offense when the spurs went stagnent, man he had the best first step in the leauge during his prime.

My earlier comment was to show that we did have a forward that averaged 20 points etc since mitchell during a seson, although not the consistent carreer average that Mitchell had.

Sean hit 20 ppg avg ONCE in his career. Mitchell Averaged 19.8 for his entire ten year career including a rookie year where he only got 10.7 and his two final years where he didn't play a full season or up to his previous standards because of various personal/medical problems.

In Larry Kenon's four years with the Spurs his LOWEST Average per game was 20.1 and his highest was 22.1.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I don't know if Nazr can get all the defensive rotations down well enough to truly excel in the playoffs this year.

I do know that after a summer of practice he will be starting next to Tim in the fall.

SLOVENIAN 8
04-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Duncan and Nazr will kill any team in the post in the postseason

:lol