PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Grizzlies 09-10

#2!
09-23-2009, 07:44 AM
it'll make your day better:toast
rHsULjT3sr0

Hill against Iverson(and/or Mayo) four times a season sounds good to me. at least the grizzlies have a shot at being entertaining.

Chieflion
09-23-2009, 08:05 AM
I saw it before and posted it. What he did was no different from what LeBron did to Iverson.

Muser
09-23-2009, 08:40 AM
I remember staying up into the early hours of the morning to watch that game (I'm from England) and it was damn well worth the wait. Hill is damn good for the 28th pick.

Chieflion
09-23-2009, 08:45 AM
I remember staying up into the early hours of the morning to watch that game (I'm from England) and it was damn well worth the wait. Hill is damn good for the 28th pick.
You mean the 26th pick. 28th pick was used in 2001 for Tony Parker.

HarlemHeat37
09-23-2009, 10:10 AM
There really isn't a significant list of PGs or combo guards that defend better than Hill..

mazerrackham
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM
There really isn't a significant list of PGs or combo guards that defend better than Hill..

I'm infatuated with his defensive potential too, but he does still need to learn the nuances of pick and roll defense, as well as some team defense concepts.

HarlemHeat37
09-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Ya definitely, but as I said, there aren't many that are better than him in today's NBA..his athleticism + his freakish length are huge weapons for him..

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Hill deserves some run this year. Those clips have him playing the two next to Parker which I think can work with Hill's reach in a lot of situations. I hope Pop really focuses on getting the young guys some minutes....especially Hill and Blair.

#2!
09-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Hill deserves some run this year. Those clips have him playing the two next to Parker which I think can work with Hill's reach in a lot of situations. I hope Pop really focuses on getting the young guys some minutes....especially Hill and Blair.

Hill playing the 2 next to tony works great for certain matchups, for example any team putting allen iverson on the floor usually has 2 small guards out at the same time and w/ the Griz even if AI is at the 1 we know hill has the ability to guard Mayo. But George has to be able to run point for stretches of games or else he becomes a one trick pony: defending combo guards.

However, even given the experience argument, i don't think Hill's minutes will be taken by anybody.