PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Angus burgers

Fabbs
09-23-2009, 09:09 AM
gross, dry, and ridiculously overpriced at $5 with tax.

Dr. Gonzo
09-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Any McDonalds burger is gross. Except the McRib. That is fantastic.

Leetonidas
09-23-2009, 09:47 AM
I dunno. I don't really like McDonald's at all, except for the chicken sandwiches, but that shit is fucking good. I got one a little over a month ago and it was one of the few times my burger looked exactly like the commercial. And it was tasty as shit. I love the pickles they use on it.

Soul_Patch
09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
^ lol gay jesus. That shit is hillarious.

jack sommerset
09-23-2009, 11:18 AM

The McRib is the best fast food sandwich on the planet!

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Did someone say anus burgers?

lefty
09-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Did someone say anus burgers?

You beat me to it :lol

Bigzax
09-23-2009, 11:32 AM
they need to put those patties in a bigmac!

Dr.Angus
09-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Flame-broiled Angus is the way to go.

Dex
09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
I've come to find the only things worth eating at McD's come off the dollar menu. At least that way, you get what you pay for.

IronMexican
09-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Big Carl from Carls JR is pretty good.

phxspurfan
09-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Kudos to Carls Jr. for making a delicious big hot carl.

stretch
09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Kudos to Carls Jr. for making a delicious big hot carl.

rofl

BurgerKing
09-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Flame-broiled Angus is the way to go.

:tu :bking

760Spursfan
09-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Big Carl is a good burger but it tastes nothing like a bigmac.

Guacamole 6 dollar burger is bomb though!

SA210
09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
they need to put those patties in a bigmac!

ManuTP9
09-23-2009, 09:16 PM
its tasty

Frenzy
09-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Big Carl is a good burger but it tastes nothing like a bigmac.

Guacamole 6 dollar burger is bomb though!

chea,

messy in the good way...they do that on purpose though....bastards

blizz
09-23-2009, 09:47 PM

yes it is...i can't wait for it to come back. it should be soon.

iggypop123
09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
rallys is awesome. those fries are unbeatable

Leetonidas
09-23-2009, 10:33 PM
McRib is the most disgusting piece of shit on the planet. I finally tried that like 8 months back and I had never been more disappointed with a meal in my life. Utter garbage.

Sense
09-23-2009, 10:37 PM
$1 double cheeseburgers about the only thing I buy there.

And I only do it when I got no money.. or when I'm drunk.

tonylongoriafan
09-24-2009, 08:48 AM
go with the mcgangbang...it's a a double cheeseburger with a spicy chicken in between

tonylongoriafan
09-24-2009, 08:54 AM
go with the mcgangbang...it's a a double cheeseburger with a spicy chicken in between

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/19771289.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1253801386&Signature=VVR%2B%2BDinv3W6ti%2Bq3ECq8pAg9n0%3D

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 09:31 AM
rallys is awesome. those fries are unbeatable

A fucking men.

Dex
09-24-2009, 12:58 PM

:lmao

I had to look it up. God bless Google.

http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/03/the-mcgangbang-a-mcchicken-sandwich-inside-a-double-cheeseburger/

According to the blog, one guy was even able to order it by name through a drive-thru!

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2009, 01:51 PM
As a former cattle raiser speaking to mostly city guys, y'all realize that that whole "angus tastes better" thing is just a clever marketing plan right?

BacktoBasics
09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
As a former cattle raiser speaking to mostly city guys, y'all realize that that whole "angus tastes better" thing is just a clever marketing plan right?Am I correct with "differently feed...not better".

CavsSuperFan
09-24-2009, 02:16 PM
I may not be a cattle rancher but I do have a pick up truck, Resistol Cowboy hat & many Johnny Cash CD's…Let me tell you something…I can’t tell the difference between store bought Angus steak & regular steak…I can tell the difference between select rib roast & prime rib roast… A real Prime Rib cooks up with ease & can be cut with a butter knife…Select rib roasts tend to be greasy…

Please enlighten us on the Angus Beef Hoax….

BacktoBasics
09-24-2009, 02:20 PM
I may not be a cattle rancher but I do have a pick up truck, Resistol Cowboy hat & many Johnny Cash CD's…Let me tell you something…I can’t tell the difference between store bought Angus steak & regular steak…I can tell the difference between select rib roast & prime rib roast… A real Prime Rib cooks up with ease & can be cut with a butter knife…Select rib roasts tend to be greasy…

Please enlighten us on the Angus Beef Hoax….The term Angus has nothing to do with meat grade. I can tell you that much. Quite a bit of marbling difference between select and prime....Angus or not.

Dr.Angus
09-24-2009, 02:21 PM
As a former cattle raiser speaking to mostly city guys, y'all realize that that whole "angus tastes better" thing is just a clever marketing plan right?

Do you have the same opinion about Kobe beef? Now there is a clever marketing plan.

David Bowie
09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I like the Southern Chicken sandwich, or whatever that's called.

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Am I correct with "differently feed...not better".

nope...it's got nothing to do with feed, how they are raised etc..in fact, they don't even have to be registered angus...It was just a fantastic marketing plan developed by the American Angus Association...All the members pay in to the association to subsidize the ad campaign which has thouroughly convinced consumers that angus meat is "better" because the other competing breeds didn't spend any money to refute the campaign...then a few years ago, they broadened it...they didn't even have to be registered Angus, they just had to be predominately black cows...if you pay your fee to the association you can market your meat as "Angus" beef...because of the success of the ad campaign black cows actually bring a couple more cents a pound at auction than other cows just because of the consumer demand created by the ad campaign...

A grain fed USDA choice steak tastes like a grain fed USDA choice steak whether it comes from an angus or a beefmaster...

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Do you have the same opinion about Kobe beef? Now there is a clever marketing plan.

The real Kobe beef is super restrictive, a certain breed, from a certain Japanese province, raised in a certain way. It's almost religious...they feed them beer, give them massages with sake, etc. I'm not sure but what sex may be involved. Kobe beef clearly has more fine marbling than USDA choice. Now we have growers in the US growing "kobe style" beef using other cross breeds but raising them in a similar way.

BacktoBasics
09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah I found some info here. Pretty well breaks down CC's point.

Angus beef must meet the following requirements:

2.1 Genotype. Cattle eligible for Angus influence beef programs based on genotype must have positive identification (ear tags, tattoos, brands, etc.) and be traceable back to provable (e.g.; registration papers) Angus parentage. Qualifying cattle must be traceable to one registered parent or two registered grandparents. Programs which claim a specified percentage of Angus heritage must use this method.

2.2 Phenotype. Cattle eligible for certification in Angus influence beef programs based on phenotype (appearance) must be predominately (51 percent) solid black. Blue roan, gray, etc., are not considered to be black or a percentage of black. Such variations can qualify only when it occupies 49 percent, or less, of the body area with the remaining 51 percent, or greater, being solid black. (1) Angus influence cattle may be either horned or polled. Carcasses of certified live animals which display certain non-Angus characteristics (e.g.; dairy conformation, Brahman humps) shall be excluded as specified in the carcass specifications for approved programs.

(1) At times, a black hair coat can become sun bleached and appear to be a shade of brown, particularly on the back. If the base of the hair close to the skin is black then that entire brown tipped area should be considered solid black. However, if the hair color is brown to the roots, it should be considered as brown in color and the area will not contribute to the 51 percent black requirement.

"Certified Angus Beef" (CAB) is a special industry designation developed in 1978 that involves standards for marbling, tenderness, age, and color. According to the National Cattleman's Beef Association, only about 8% of U.S. beef is entitled to the label "Certified Angus." Just because something is labeled "Angus" or "Black Angus" doesn't mean it's the same quality as "Certified Angus Beef." Angus beef is further differentiated by USDA grades such as "prime," "choice," and "select," giving us such labels as "Certified Angus Prime," indicating the best Certified Angus Beef.

That tells us what qualifies as "Angus" but not why we would want Angus beef. A lot of it comes down to genetics--specifically, the genes that control a protein called myostatin. Myostatin inhibits the growth of muscles in cattle. According to David Elstein and Erin Peabody (see reference below), "If the gene responsible for producing myostatin is altered so that it makes an inactive form of the protein, or the gene is intentionally suppressed, the result is more muscle and less fat." Angus and Hereford cattle have more myostatin, so their meat is fattier and more marbled. But fat content and marbling alone don't tell you if the meat is likely to be tender--you have to look at other things, such as how fine the marbling is and how well distributed through the meat, and the toughness of the fat and connective tissue. Here again there is an advantage for Angus beef, as it tends to have finely textured marbling and thus can be more tender than meat from other breeds.

Marbling of meat figures prominently in USDA beef grading standards, as this excerpt shows:

Quality Grades:

* Prime grade - is produced from young, well-fed beef cattle. It has abundant marbling and is generally sold in restaurants and hotels. Prime roasts and steaks are excellent for dry-heat cooking (i.e., roasting, broiling, and grilling).
* Choice grade - is high quality, but has less marbling than Prime. Choice roasts and steaks from the loin and rib will be very tender, juicy, and flavorful and are, like Prime, suited to dry-heat cooking. . . .
* Select grade - is very uniform in quality and normally leaner than the higher grades. It is fairly tender, but, because it has less marbling, it may lack some of the juiciness and flavor of the higher grades. . . .
* Standard and Commercial grades frequently are sold as ungraded or as "store brand" meat.
* Utility, Cutter, and Canner grades - are seldom, if ever, sold at retail but are used instead to make ground beef and processed products.

CavsSuperFan
09-24-2009, 02:28 PM
I don’t recall what kind of cows Cosmic has but I remember that he posted some photos a long time ago & they were all very pretty…

Dr.Angus
09-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Kobe beef is not a breed, it's how (any breed) is fed and raised. Kobe beef clearly has more fine marbling than USDA choice.

And dumb asses are willing to pay up the ass for marbling.

BacktoBasics
09-24-2009, 02:30 PM
And dumb asses are willing to pay up the ass for marbling.Marbling isn't the only factor but it makes a pretty substantial difference in taste depending on exactly how it looks.

balli
09-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Kobe beef is not a breed,
Nope:
Kobe beef (神戸ビーフ, Kōbe Bīfu?) refers to beef from the black Tajima-ushi breed of Wagyu cattle, raised according to strict tradition in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan.
So while this is true

it's how [cattle] are fed and raised.
The region and breed also matter.

My understanding is that there's a lot of knockoff Kobe-style beef, that's grown and fed the same way, but is not from the real Kobe region nor is it real Kobe beef.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef

CosmicCowboy
09-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Nope:
So while this is true

The region and breed also matter.

My understanding is that there's a lot of knockoff Kobe-style beef, that's grown and fed the same way, but is not from the real Kobe region nor is it real Kobe beef.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef

You are correct. I realized after I hit enter I was talking about "Kobe style" beef and corrected my post.