PDA

View Full Version : Dallas area users...

jalbre6
04-13-2005, 12:16 AM
How many of you guys use Comcast cable internet? I've been having connectivity issues the last two days, and when I called, the recording told me that they weren't handling calls at this time.

Then I couldn't connect to their online help. Weird enough, the only sites I can connect to with any sot of consistency is this one and fool.com.

Any suggestions, or do y'all know what's going on?

Spurminator
04-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I use Verizon DSL... It's cheaper (even including the phone line that I wouldn't use otherwise) and I think I've only had a problem with it once, very briefly.

timvp
04-13-2005, 01:55 AM
It's a plot to torture all Mavs fans.

Shhhhhhhhhh.

:smokin

AlamoSpursFan
04-13-2005, 01:47 PM
I was in Dallas the other morning and I caught the morning show on 1310. It was pretty good. That "Fake Emmitt" guy called in in the middle of a discussion about big concerts coming to Dallas. It took me a few seconds to figure it out, but it was a continuation of his thank you speech from his retirement. Effing hilarious. He named Walter Berry and Dallas Comegys. Apparently "Fake Emmit" is an old school Spurs fan.

:lol

P.S.: Why do they call listeners "P1's"?

jalbre6
04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Why do they call listeners "P1's"?

I think it's the term for most favored station in an Arbitron ratings diary. So a P1 station is the station an Arbitron surveyor would list as most frequently listened to. It just kind of morphed into a term for die-hard Ticketheads.

Sorry I can't be more elaborate...I don't listen to the Ticket that often.

Shelly
04-13-2005, 02:51 PM
I've had problems with Road Runner here in SA for the past 2 weeks. They were having problems in my neighborhood. After daily outages, we had them come out and everything tested fine. The past two days around this time, i have no connection. It's pissing me off.

I'm on dial up right now, and it actually isn't that bad if you turn off all the signatures! :lol

timvp
04-13-2005, 02:53 PM
I've had problems with Road Runner here in SA for the past 2 weeks. They were having problems in my neighborhood. After daily outages, we had them come out and everything tested fine. The past two days around this time, i have no connection. It's pissing me off.

I'm on dial up right now, and it actually isn't that bad if you turn off all the signatures! :lol

We've had outages over the last couple days ... but they last for about 10 seconds.

Do you have the RR deluxe or whatever that upgraded package is?

Shelly
04-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Mine goes down for a few hours at a time. When it first happened, it was down for most of the day. Of course, when the tech came out, everything was working fine. But the day that it was really windy, the whole thing just died. All I had was a power light.

We have the digipic deal, so i don't know what service it is?

timvp
04-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Ever since we got this (http://www.timewarnercable.com/sanantonio/products/internet/rrpremium.html), we haven't had any problems. Before that, it'd go down every now and then.

Might be worth checking out since it's not that much more a month and you get the added bonus that you can download things faster.

:smokin

Shelly
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
thanks! I'll pass that along to the man.

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2005, 03:07 PM
We have roadrunner at the house and the damn thing is always going down...usually when I want to use it...I have DSL at my office and it ALWAYS works...

SpursWoman
04-13-2005, 04:29 PM
We have roadrunner at the house and the damn thing is always going down...usually when I want to use it...I have DSL at my office and it ALWAYS works...

Mine is the opposite....I had both DSL & AOL Highspeed (= Road Runner), and the DSL was the POS.

:fro

Shelly
04-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Mine just came back up after being down for few hours. :cuss :cuss

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 06:12 PM
jalbre-

It's from the grapevine so take it FWIW...

I heard that Comcast's domain name server kicked the bucket, and they're running on backup systems. Could be why you're having issues.

jalbre6
04-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Yikes. Thanks for the heads up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Well, here's the *official* story. :lol

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5669961.html