PDA

View Full Version : Flozell Adams fined 12,500 for being bush league tripping stunt

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-23-2009, 08:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4498060

Being a repeat offender he should have received a suspension. Oh well, if he got suspended then Dallas might discover a random backup LT who can actually block legally.

bostonguy
09-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Typical of Flozell to commit mistakes like this

samikeyp
09-23-2009, 09:32 PM
He should have been suspended....total bush league move. If you keep getting beat, get better or retire.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-23-2009, 09:35 PM
He should have been suspended....total bush league move. If you keep getting beat, get better or retire.

This.

SpuronyourFace
09-23-2009, 09:53 PM
"A shoulder injury?" Adams said. "From a supposed kick? Tell him to stay up. It ain't my fault." :lol

Suspension for tripping? Fuck off. Flo was pretty dominant in that game minus that one trip.

samikeyp
09-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Flozell needs to be better than that. He still has talent and doesn't need to do that crap.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Suspension for tripping? Fuck off. Flo was pretty dominant in that game minus that one trip.

Some of you Cowboy homers are really fuckin retarded.

slick'81
09-23-2009, 10:07 PM
nothing like beating a olineman clean then getting the shit kicked out of u :bang way to go flozell

KSeal
09-23-2009, 10:28 PM
lol cowboys

BlackSwordsMan
09-23-2009, 11:30 PM
totally innocent like bruce bowen planting a foot under a shooter

Trainwreck2100
09-23-2009, 11:56 PM
as bitch a move as it was he shouldn't be suspended cause Tuck doesn't know how to land. He has a helmet/chest and shoulder pads, why the fuck did he try to stop it with his arm

exstatic
09-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Flo gets it done. Season before last Zim put him on his All Pro team. He basically is an analytics freak. He evaluates each player at each position for each game. He was having a hard time breaking down his tackles and choosing...right up to the point where he realized that in two games against the Giants, Flo pitched 2 sackless shutouts against a healthy Uminyura and Strahan.

Flo used to piss me off with all of his false starts, but I realized that with what he brings, I'd rather have a 5 yard penalty for a false start and a down do-over than a 12 yard sack and an expired down.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 12:13 AM
as bitch a move as it was he shouldn't be suspended cause Tuck doesn't know how to land. He has a helmet/chest and shoulder pads, why the fuck did he try to stop it with his arm

You're kidding right? You're saying it's Tuck's fault he isn't able to make a reaction in a split second and land correctly? You don't really have time to think when a fat slobby douche trips you out of nowhere.

Trainwreck2100
09-24-2009, 01:16 AM
You're kidding right? You're saying it's Tuck's fault he isn't able to make a reaction in a split second and land correctly? You don't really have time to think when a fat slobby douche trips you out of nowhere.

Its his first "tripping" penalty of the season no way it deserves a suspension, it took Roy Williams three horsecollars before he got suspended a game.

And I'm not saying it's Tuck's fault but if he knew how to land he probably would have avoided injury

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 01:31 AM
Its his first "tripping" penalty of the season no way it deserves a suspension, it took Roy Williams three horsecollars before he got suspended a game.

And I'm not saying it's Tuck's fault but if he knew how to land he probably would have avoided injury

If he had time to remember the correct way to land and react then yeah. When you're about to sack the QB and are falling a split second later, things such as falling fundamentals tend to slip your mind.

DBryant88
09-24-2009, 07:12 AM
what a bunch of bullshit. the NFL looks for any excuse to fine people and they can't understand that this is a sport where where shit happens and if Tuck is that much of a bitch than maybe he should try the LFL

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 09:23 AM
what a bunch of bullshit. the NFL looks for any excuse to fine people and they can't understand that this is a sport where where shit happens and if Tuck is that much of a bitch than maybe he should try the LFL

Blatantly tripping someone because you can't block him isn't a penalty eligible for the "shit happens" excuse.

SpuronyourFace
09-24-2009, 12:13 PM
If he had time to remember the correct way to land and react then yeah. When you're about to sack the QB and are falling a split second later, things such as falling fundamentals tend to slip your mind.

You misspoke, here. Tuck was not about to sack Tony. If you saw the game, or knew what you were talking about, you would know the ball was already coming out when the trip occured. So even if the trip hadn't occured, the most that would of happened would of been Tuck laying a hit on Tony. Flo made a business decsion to protect his QB from that. I applaud him.

And hypothetically speaking, if the trip hadn't of happend and let's say Tuck led with his helmet and laid an illegal hit on Tony, you, DoK, would of never started a thread crusading for a player to be suspended for actually hurting another player. But in this case, Flo didn't hurt Tuck. Tuck just obviously didn't know that breaking your fall with you shoulder = bad. Its jus that Flo is a Cowboy and you are all up on his nuts because you obsesse about hating the Cowboys.

So quit faking that you care about the tripping penalty in the NFL. At least "loling" the Cowboys is sincere from a hating perspective. In fact, from here on out, everytime a player gets tripped in the NFL, I expect to see a rant from you on how that person should get suspended.

rjv
09-24-2009, 12:15 PM
it was very bush league.

IronMexican
09-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Fuck him and his 88 Madden rating.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
And hypothetically speaking, if the trip hadn't of happend and let's say Tuck led with his helmet and laid an illegal hit on Tony, you, DoK, would of never started a thread crusading for a player to be suspended for actually hurting another player..

Hypothetically speaking, if my uncle had a pussy, he'd be my aunt. Justin Tuck isn't a dirty player, and he didn't illegally hit Romo. Until he does, don't call me out for not criticizing the dirty play Justin Tuck never made. I've never seen an offensive lineman repeatedly get beaten and then deliberately trip players like Adams did against the Giants. Please find me tape of someone who has, or stop telling me to call someone out for something he's never done.

manufan10
09-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if my uncle had a pussy, he'd be my aunt. Justin Tuck isn't a dirty player, and he didn't illegally hit Romo. Until he does, don't call me out for not criticizing the dirty play Justin Tuck never made. I've never seen an offensive lineman repeatedly get beaten and then deliberately trip players like Adams did against the Giants. Please find me tape of someone who has, or stop telling me to call someone out for something he's never done.

How did one offense all of a sudden get turned into repeated offenses? It doesn't make sense. He only tripped one guy, that was Tuck.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 01:50 PM
How did one offense all of a sudden get turned into repeated offenses? It doesn't make sense. He only tripped one guy, that was Tuck.

He tripped Osi later in the game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Fuck him and his 88 Madden rating.

I've already been lectured by a certain Cowboy fan that him making the probowl from 2003-2008 has something to do with his rating in 2010.

manufan10
09-24-2009, 02:11 PM
He tripped Osi later in the game.

I honestly didn't see him trip Osi. I remember Collinsworth saying it "appeared" that Flozell tripped him, but he never confirmed it.

K-State Spur
09-24-2009, 02:38 PM
"A shoulder injury?" Adams said. "From a supposed kick? Tell him to stay up. It ain't my fault." :lol

if he hadn't stuck his leg out, then romo would have gotten destroyed. wouldn't have looked like a dominant performance to you then.

SpuronyourFace
09-25-2009, 10:30 AM

Oh, so this is how it works. You can insult me but I can't insult you. I get how this game works now, but I'll refuse to comply. So Flozell repeatedly gets beat??? Really?I haven't seen that in the last 10 years. My guess is that nobody has. Then why didn't Romo get sacked that night? Because Flo tripped people 29 times on the 29 dropbacks Romo had? :lol Look,the last couple of years this O-Line has done a great job against this vaunted Giants D-Line. But you don't know that because you don't really watch Cowboys football. You just like to think you do. The guy is a damn good left tackle. He may have a mean streak in him thus far this season but do you honestly think down in the trenches and piles its gentelmanly down there. Fuck no. I love Flo's aggressiveness. All of a sudden he's a dirty player because Tuck breaks his fall with his shoulder, and calls him dirty? Anybody who watches Cowboys football will tell you our nastiest lineman is Columbo(whom I love also), not Flo.

Look fool, all Im saying is quit being ignorant. I knoooow its the cool thing to start the lastest Cowboys hate thread here on this forum. And you want to be one of the cool kids right. So just start a hate thread and say you hate the Cowboys. Don't mask it in pseudo sincerity that you give a shit about the tripping penalty.

SpuronyourFace
09-25-2009, 10:31 AM
if he hadn't stuck his leg out, then romo would have gotten destroyed. wouldn't have looked like a dominant performance to you then.

yes it would of. Getting beaten once in 58 plays is not bad.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-25-2009, 11:36 AM
No different than a CB tackling/tripping a WR that has beaten him.

No injury, no fine.

And Conrad Dobler is somewhere laughing right now.

Whisky Dog
09-25-2009, 11:54 AM
So injury = fine now. Fucking pussies

09-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Guess so.

If the league thinks tripping is such a malicious, "bush league" act, then why is it only a ten yard penalty and not a personal foul?

K-State Spur
09-25-2009, 12:08 PM
yes it would of. Getting beaten once in 58 plays is not bad.

i think it was bruce smith who said that the o-linemen had to beat him every single play to win the day, he only had to beat the o-lineman once for the day to be a success..

if every OL only got beat once in 58 plays, that would be 5 sacks - a completely unacceptable allowance. if each LT only allowed 1 sack per game, that would be 16 on the year, another unacceptable number.

SpuronyourFace
09-25-2009, 12:46 PM
i think it was bruce smith who said that the o-linemen had to beat him every single play to win the day, he only had to beat the o-lineman once for the day to be a success..

if every OL only got beat once in 58 plays, that would be 5 sacks - a completely unacceptable allowance. if each LT only allowed 1 sack per game, that would be 16 on the year, another unacceptable number.

Problem is, Cowboys O-Line didn't gave up 0 sacks. A completely acceptable number. So thanks for proving that they had a successfulegame as a unit. Flo doesn't give up many sacks at all. As a redskin fan, you know this don't you.

K-State Spur
09-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Problem is, Cowboys O-Line didn't gave up 0 sacks. A completely acceptable number. So thanks for proving that they had a successfulegame as a unit. Flo doesn't give up many sacks at all. As a redskin fan, you know this don't you.

they did have a successful game as a unit. but flozell's personal day wouldn't have looked "dominant" (your word, not mine) if tuck had blown up romo from behind.

that's all i'm saying. i don't understand why some fans take any talk against a player's infallibility as an extreme insult.

SpuronyourFace
09-25-2009, 01:00 PM
they did have a successful game as a unit. but flozell's personal day wouldn't have looked "dominant" (your word, not mine) if tuck had blown up romo from behind.

that's all i'm saying. i don't understand why some fans take any talk against a player's infallibility as an extreme insult.

:lol @ you thinking your "insulting" me. I think you are the one that is insulted. Yeah, Tuck would of probably laid a good hit on Tony, but it wouldn't of been a sack. The ball was already coming out. So by your definition of a succesful day by an O-Lineman, Flo's personal day was a success(your words, not mine) because he didn't give up a sack. And giving up a sack, by your rationale, would not be having a good day.

Sorry if you can't have it both ways.

LOL texans
09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
So injury = fine now. Fucking pussies

That's Goodell's New Football Order now I guess. It is fucking pussy though.

Dr. Gonzo
09-25-2009, 01:31 PM
That is a bullshit fine. A 10 yard penalty was enough.

manufan10
09-25-2009, 01:44 PM
He did his job of protecting his QB, that's all that matters.

K-State Spur
09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
:lol @ you thinking your "insulting" me. I think you are the one that is insulted.

really???? the "i know you are, but what am i?" defense? touche.

symple19
09-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Flozell sucks. Can't they find someone who can do better and not cost the team 30 yards in penalties a game? Wait, I have an idea! Trade him to the Raiders!

LakerHater
09-25-2009, 11:41 PM
He did his job of protecting his QB, that's all that matters.

Exactly right!
....But still a bitch move!

I just hope Tuck is good to go!!

Vici
09-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Adams did it twice. It's fucking pathetic but would anyone else really expect anything more from him? If the Eagles had done this to Ware Cowboy fans would be raising hell over it.

FlavoredIcecream
09-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Yea .. Blozell is a piece of shit. Just like the Cowboys :lol ... No wonder they havn't won shit in forever.

LakerHater
09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Ok, I gave him the benefit of a doubt cuz he was protecting his QB!!
He did it 3 times in the Giants game & got a fine!!
Then last night!!!
BITCH needs to be suspended!!!!!

bostonguy
09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Then last night!!!

Must you use !!!!!!!! after every sentence you type? :lmao

LakerHater
09-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Fuck Yeah, Cuz I'm super pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manufan10
09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Then last night!!!

When and where did he do it? Why wasn't there a flag thrown on the play? I don't remember seeing him do it nor did the announcers make mention of it.

LakerHater
09-30-2009, 04:52 PM
When and where did he do it? Why wasn't there a flag thrown on the play? I don't remember seeing him do it nor did the announcers make mention of it.

Here & he jus got fined!
Damn, 3 games 3 fines, whata POS!

http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=flozellbitc.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2009, 05:45 PM
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=flozellbitc.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

Can't wait for Cowboyfan to explain how that isn't bush.

mardigan
09-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Can't wait for Cowboyfan to explain how that isn't bush.

It is bush league, and Felix got fined 5 grand for the same thing too. Flo also got fined another 7,500 for that as well. Most teams the coaching staff would step up give players consequences for shit like that, but not man titty Phillips.

LakerHater
09-30-2009, 09:06 PM
It is bush league, and Felix got fined 5 grand for the same thing too. Flo also got fined another 7,500 for that as well. Most teams the coaching staff would step up give players consequences for shit like that, but not man titty Phillips.

Yeah Jones tried but missed.
Still got fined tho.

samikeyp
09-30-2009, 09:37 PM
can't wait for cowboyfan to explain how that isn't bush.

he should have been suspended....total bush league move. If you keep getting beat, get better or retire.

:)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-30-2009, 10:54 PM
:)

I knew you said that, I was referring to certain Cowboyfan who justified his actions in the Giants game.

LakerHater
10-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I figured it out, Flozell has a BAD medical condition!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/hard2rezzizt/flozell-adams-spasm-1.gif

10-02-2009, 11:16 AM
They fined him again? This is getting rather silly.

Do they plan on fining every tripping penalty now, too?

Dr. Gonzo
10-02-2009, 11:20 AM
If Felix Jones would've successfully tripped the dude rushing Romo on Monday night should he have been fined or is it okay since he didn't actually trip the player and just tried to?

10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Jones did get fined even though he didn't touch the guy IIRC.

I think 5K.

Obstructed_View
10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Flo needs to cut that shit out. If he's going to continue to do it I'll be perfectly happy if there's no penalty called and he gets fined into bankrupcy. I don't really think what Jones did qualifies as a "leg-whip" but guys should get out of the habit of thinking they can use their feet like that. I don't recall Flozell being someone who's done that through his career. Maybe it's just the bad habit he decided to trade false-starting for this season.

LakerHater
12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Shouldnt Adams get a suspension? It seems hes really out to hurt Tuck more than he already has!!
just 'cuz hes to fat to stay in front of people & block doesnt mean hes gotta be a cheap shot artist!
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=cheap-shot-.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

LakerHater
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
M7qye-KxaFc

LakerHater
12-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Reports: Flozell Adams will not be suspended

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 8, 2009 6:18 PM ET
Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle Flozell Adams will not be suspended for shoving Giants defensive end Justin Tuck in the back on Sunday, according to two newspaper reports.

The Dallas Morning News (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/12/flozell-adams-will-not-be-suspended.html) and Newsday (http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/glauber-s-nfl-hot-reads-1.811959) are both reporting that the NFL will not suspend Adams.

It should probably go without saying that the league is expected to fine Adams -- if there's no discipline at all for the play, it will basically serve as an invitation to every offensive player in the league to take all the cheap shots he wants at the end of the first half.

Because of a quirk in the league rules, personal fouls at the end of the final play of the first half aren't enforced at the start of the second half. Defensive players can't get away with personal fouls at the end of the half because the half can't end on a defensive penalty. But offensive players can.

At least, they can until the league discipline is handed out. For Adams, that league discipline appears to be a fine, not a suspension.

LakerHater
12-08-2009, 08:55 PM
^
this is bullshit!

Greg Oden
12-08-2009, 09:51 PM
lol

Cowboy fans don't even want to comment on this. Even they know how much of a bitch Adams is.

LakerHater
12-08-2009, 10:16 PM
lol

Cowboy fans don't even want to comment on this. Even they know how much of a bitch Adams is.

It shows how much of a bitch Goodell is!!

Man Jerrah has him by the balls!

BlackSwordsMan
12-08-2009, 10:18 PM
adams look like he tripped and tried to balance himself on tuck
non-issue

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-09-2009, 12:52 AM
lol Cowboy fans

RealEstateDude
12-09-2009, 03:05 AM
Tuck is a punk..

dirk4mvp
12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Tuck is a punk..

lol, yeah that's it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Tuck is a punk..

Yeah, and the guy repeatedly trying to trip and injure him is a saint.

LOL@MavsFan
12-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Die hard Cowboys fan here. Nothing new out of the organization. Just thugs, choking in Dec and a stupid owner that treats the team like a sideshow act. When he finally shits the stick is when the losing in Big D will stop. Until then expect more of the same from stupid asses like Flozelltron and constant disappointment.

SpuronyourFace
12-09-2009, 02:44 PM
^
this is bullshit!

Its a fucking push! LMAO. This is a contact sport, and if you watch the game, there is always a little extra pushing after a play is over. Tuck is just being "bitch league"

SpuronyourFace
12-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Tuck is a punk..

Nah, He's just Flo's bitch. Him and Osi. When was the last time either of them even sacked Romo with Flo on them. I can't even remember.

The Gemini Method
12-09-2009, 02:45 PM
lol at all the Cowboy apologist...Flozell Adams has a history of doing things a little under the shady category. I don't feel sorry for him being fined $12,500 for what he did to Tuck.

However, it's kind've uneven if you think about it...Chad Ochocinco wears a sombrero and gets fined $30,000. Flozell didn't even get half the fine...

Maybe Goodell hates Mexican culture...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-09-2009, 03:07 PM
lol at all the Cowboy apologist...Flozell Adams has a history of doing things a little under the shady category. I don't feel sorry for him being fined $12,500 for what he did to Tuck.

However, it's kind've uneven if you think about it...Chad Ochocinco wears a sombrero and gets fined $30,000. Flozell didn't even get half the fine...

It's got a lot more to do with Flozell being a Cowboy.

dirk4mvp
12-09-2009, 03:18 PM

I thought Fatzell was fined $50k? Either way, he deserved more than that and a suspension,and fining Ochocinco is total bullshit.

dirk4mvp
12-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Flozell Adams is a faggot of the Tony Brown variety.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Nah, He's just Flo's bitch. Him and Osi. When was the last time either of them even sacked Romo with Flo on them. I can't even remember.

It's pretty hard to sack someone when you get tripped.

IronMexican
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Ocho probably earns more with the publicity.

RealEstateDude
12-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, and the guy repeatedly trying to trip and injure him is a saint.

No he's just a bad ass.

By the way, the fine was actually $50-G's...

LakerHater
12-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Its a fucking push! LMAO. This is a contact sport, and if you watch the game, there is always a little extra pushing after a play is over. Tuck is just being "bitch league"

Man, I'd love to see one of those O-linemen of The Chargers go & push the crap outta DeMarcus Ware right at the end of the half & see what kinda uproar that brings!! Cuz offensive players can get away with PF at the end of a half!

Plus, we will REALLY see where the apologists are then!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
No he's just a bad ass.

By the way, the fine was actually $50-G's...

Look at the date of when I started this thread. He was fined 12,500 for when he was a bush league tripper earlier this year, it was bumped because he's a repeat dirty pussy who's too crappy to stay in front of people.

LakerHater
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
he's a repeat dirty pussy who's too crappy to stay in front of people.

SHIT YEAH, Kiwi was abusing him all day, he even bull rushed him & put him on his fat ass!:lol

Chris
12-09-2009, 11:14 PM
non-issue

peewee's lovechild
12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Can we just get rid of Flozell now?

I mean, the fucker is good for at least 3 penalties every game. Exactly why do we need that?

Fuck Flozell.

SpuronyourFace
12-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Man, I'd love to see one of those O-linemen of The Chargers go & push the crap outta DeMarcus Ware right at the end of the half & see what kinda uproar that brings!! Cuz offensive players can get away with PF at the end of a half!

Plus, we will REALLY see where the apologists are then!

:lol

Actually I've seen Dware recieve a push every now and then after a whistle. I've also seen Dware give an extra push after a whistle. I've seen it with many players after a whistle throughout the league....and guess what...BIG FUCKING DEAL. At most its a late block in the back which should be penalized.

But because of Tom Coughlin's "wah wah wah", its an "issue". In the 80's, when REAL tough guys(unlike Tuck) played, this would be a non-issue. But the NFL is working to really take the toughness out of the game and replace it with pussiness. Much like what is happening here, and like what has occured over recent years with all these rule changes to protect players. Who protected them in the 80's??? No one, because back than it was a tough guy's sport. A man's sport. You never saw players bitching about getting "pushed"......Seriously, what a joke this is...

The only reason this is a so-called "issue" is because he tripped Tuck earlier in the season and Tuck subsequently fell wrong and hurt himself. Hey, at least Tuck learned how to fall down this time and not GET HIMSELF hurt. :toast

SpuronyourFace
12-10-2009, 02:58 PM
SHIT YEAH, Kiwi was abusing him all day, he even bull rushed him & put him on his fat ass!:lol

First off bro, Kiwi??? Really??? Im not around alot of Giant fanboys, but if I were Kiwanuka, I'd be offended if Giant fanboys called me Kiwi. Sounds like a gay male stripper, which brings to question the quote above your sig??? Hmmmm

Anyway, you mistaken about "Kiwi"(:lmao) abusing Flo. You must of just watched the highlights on Sportscenter or something, because you clearly didn't watch the game. It was the other way around. Flo didn't give up any sacks. He pretty much owned whomever was in front of him. No one from the Giants D-line abused anyone. Thats why Romo completed 41 passes to a tune of around 400 yards.

LakerHater
12-10-2009, 05:47 PM
:lol

Actually I've seen Dware recieve a push every now and then after a whistle. I've also seen Dware give an extra push after a whistle. I've seen it with many players after a whistle throughout the league....and guess what...BIG FUCKING DEAL. At most its a late block in the back which should be penalized.

But because of Tom Coughlin's "wah wah wah", its an "issue". In the 80's, when REAL tough guys(unlike Tuck) played, this would be a non-issue. But the NFL is working to really take the toughness out of the game and replace it with pussiness. Much like what is happening here, and like what has occured over recent years with all these rule changes to protect players. Who protected them in the 80's??? No one, because back than it was a tough guy's sport. A man's sport. You never saw players bitching about getting "pushed"......Seriously, what a joke this is...

The only reason this is a so-called "issue" is because he tripped Tuck earlier in the season and Tuck subsequently fell wrong and hurt himself. Hey, at least Tuck learned how to fall down this time and not GET HIMSELF hurt. :toast

Totally off!
Blozell shoved the crap outta Tuck in the BACK, not in his face!
Maybe it would be a non-issue if it was done in the front of Tuck, but that Pussy Blozell pushed him in the back after the half was clearly over & players were headin to the locker rooms!!!
Why do you think they (Aikman & Buck) hardly mentioned it on air!
'Cuz the half was over & PUSSY Blozell had to shove someone in the back ,not the front, while players were headin to the lockers!

Chris
12-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Telling His Side
Flozell Recalls Play; Clearly Bothered By "Dirty-Player" Label

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=7FAE2E03-D7F7-FFFD-6B2A87EBC52FA996

IRVING, Texas - Never one to hold a press conference or even engage in light chatting with reporters, Flozell Adams had to get something off his chest on Friday.

The Cowboys' left tackle broke his silence this week, trying to set the record straight on not only what happened in last Sunday's game with the Giants that resulted in a $50,000 fine, but this growing perception that Adams is now a dirty player.

"A lot of people, reporters and some coaches have been around long before me and in 12 years and over 100-something games and they start calling me a dirty player now," Adams said in an exclusive interview Friday, just outside the team's locker room. "I'm not doing anything different than I've always done. They can be the judge of whatever they want to say, but I know people in here - teammates, coaches and family - they know I'm not like that. I wouldn't do anything deliberately to hurt another player or take anyone out.

"At my position, I want to give some guys a few bumps here and there. That's how you play. But I'm not a dirty player. I'm not like that because I wouldn't want anything like that to happen to me."

Adams chose not to comment specifically about the fine since he is still deciding on the appeal process. But this is his fourth fine of the season, all stemming from isolated incidents that resulted in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

When asked about the sudden increase in fines this year, Adams had no logical answer.

"I don't know. I don't know what the deal is," Adams said. "I've never had penalties like that. Not unsportsmanlike penalties, I've never really had those. Go back and look through the years. When is the last time I've had an unsportsmanlike penalty before this year - maybe like eight or nine years ago. I don't know if you're looking at me differently, but I think people really need to go back and look at the tapes and look at the books before they call me a dirty player."

Giants defensive end Justin Tuck obviously has the biggest issue with Adams, considering he's been on the receiving end of two of the four plays that resulted in a fine, including Sunday's incident just before halftime.

Adams was flagged for pushing Tuck down from behind on the final play of the second quarter. The incident ignited a brawl on the sideline with several Giants players, including defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka, attacking Adams.

On Friday, Adams told his side of the story regarding Sunday's halftime incident.

"The play was still going. At first, honestly - God as my witness - I did not know that was Tuck. I'm going down the field, when you kick a field goal, the other team can return it. As we're blocking, we've got to stop these guys first. After he kicked it, we know it could be returned, so we're running down the field. Now we immediately become defensive players.

So I'm running down the field. I'm running toward the side, I see (Hixon) running. So I'm running and I see a blue jersey, which just happens to be Tuck - God as my witness - I don't even know it's him. Usually when you see a guy like that, they're going to turn around and try to jack you up.

So I see him, I hit him before he hits me. It's still legal, it was a legal play because none of us heard the whistle. If you look at the tape, the ref isn't waving his hand to blow the ball dead until after the play. If you see our tapes, after I hit Tuck, I run down the field a few more steps and then the ref starts to wave his hands. I don't know what the ref under the goal post did, but nobody over by us (blew the play dead).

After I hit Tuck, I'm coming down the field and I see No. 94 coming at me. So, I mean, anyone in the whole entire world who sees someone coming after them is going to fight back. He hit me, I hit him. We both had our hands in the face mask. Next thing I know, the whole Giants sideline is right there."

After the game, Tuck called Adams a "dirtbag" and a "coward." Earlier this year, Tuck called Adams "Bush League" for a tripping penalty that he said resulted in a lingering shoulder injury.

Adams had no interest in trading jabs with Tuck, someone he said he respects on the field.

"He has his opinions of what he wants to say," Adams said of Tuck. "The media made a big deal of the (Sept. 20 incident). That was just a play. Anybody gets hurt. That was a play. I guess he wants to blame me for getting hurt.

"But Tuck is a good player. I don't have a problem with him. I know he's good. Our line knows he's good. The team playing Tuck next week knows he's a good player. That's no secret. It's a tough challenge every time against him. But I have nothing against him. He was just in my way. If it was 91, 72, 58, whoever, I'm trying to make a play."

And despite all the attention, Adams said he's going to continue to make plays. Although he seems aware the league is watching every move he makes, Adams said he can't afford to change his approach.

"I can't be less aggressive. I have to go play," Adams said. "I can't be worried about anyone watching me. I've got to block (Shawne) Merriman this week. He's not worried about me. He's not going to say, 'Hey Flozell, I won't get your quarterback.' I've got to do what I do. I know I'm not a dirty player, but I have to go out and play the way I've always played it."

LOL texans
12-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't get the inconsistancey of the NFL and fining players. I consider what Antonio Smith did to Mawae way more dirtier than Blozell pushing Tuck.

Da Boys Da Best
12-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Flozell didn't do anything wrong. This is just the NFL going after the best lineman in the league.