PDA

View Full Version : Matt Harpring may be hanging it up

Samr
09-23-2009, 11:16 PM
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Veteran forward Matt Harpring will not take part in the team's training camp or preseason and will miss the start of the regular NBA season.

Harpring has been plagued by knee injuries and an ankle problem. Last year he developed a strep infection after a June surgery to remove a bone spur in his right ankle.

Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor made the announcement Wednesday that Harpring can't play for now and that his status will be re-evaluated in six weeks.

Harpring has said he's unsure whether he'll be able to play again.
Harpring has appeared in 665 games over 11 seasons with Orlando, Cleveland, Philadelphia and Utah. He was signed by the Jazz in 2002. Last season he averaged 11 points and 2 rebounds in 63 games.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/09/23/harpring.jazz.ap/index.html

Samr
09-23-2009, 11:18 PM
To clarify, that article says he averaged 11 points per game. NBA.com lists him as averaging 4.4 points per game, but 11 MINUTES per game.

link (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/matt_harpring/career_stats.html)

TD 21
09-24-2009, 01:20 AM
The Jazz need a wing to replace him and to get to the 13 player roster minimum. Dupree is signed to a non-guaranteed contract and could make the team, but he's a marginal player. Two better options include: J. Graham and Udoka. Graham's athleticism would help the un-athletic Jazz, while Udoka is just the type of tough, rugged player Sloan likes. Plus, both are low key, team oriented players who should fit seamlessly into the Jazz' culture.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:00 AM
He used to be pretty hard nosed, but, like all the Jazz they softened up and exposed their collective balloon knots for the Lakers in Round One. It was sweet.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 08:00 AM
The Jazz need a wing to replace him and to get to the 13 player roster minimum. Dupree is signed to a non-guaranteed contract and could make the team, but he's a marginal player. Two better options include: J. Graham and Udoka. Graham's athleticism would help the un-athletic Jazz, while Udoka is just the type of tough, rugged player Sloan likes. Plus, both are low key, team oriented players who should fit seamlessly into the Jazz' culture.

How exactly are we un-athletic?? This coming from a spurs fan?? Please tell me where we are lacking athleticism?? The center position?? is that what you are talking about? Have you seen ronnie brewer or cj miles dunk? Even AK is like a pogo stick. Paul millsap?? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Jazzy, honeybun, Sloan has literally killed their will to even muster much more than their check cashing duties.

Good morning, Jazzy!!!!!!!!

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Jazzy, honeybun, Sloan has literally killed their will to even muster much more than their check cashing duties.

Good morning, Jazzy!!!!!!!!

You keep talkin, but never make any sense. I really don't think your that stupid, so you must be playin games. You like playing games don't you.
Now be a good boy and go play pin the dick on the chili ring. I hear you're famous for that in lakerland!

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I hear you're famous for that in lakerland!

Makes sense. This is lakerland, Jazzy.

WOOT!

pauls931
09-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Good fuck'em!!! Talentless bruiser...

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 08:34 AM

Paul quit yer whining. Since when is basketball a pussies game?

pauls931
09-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Paul quit yer whining. Since when is basketball a pussies game?

Dude, all he does is shove people around. He's like Karl Malone with duller elbows and no talent.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Dude, all he does is shove people around. He's like Karl Malone with duller elbows and no talent.

Dudes a white guy with an education going up against all these black bulls and who is the one crying all the time?? Amazes me how soft basketball has gotten in the span of 10 years. " oh, you touched me":cry

Don't be that guy Paul. Don't be the guy you ball with that waits for his shot to roll off the rim and then cries foul.

mountainballer
09-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Harpring wasn't relevant last season, so this doesn't make the Jazz worse. the problem is, they still don't know how much problems they will face. fans should remember last April, because that's the level of this team. (talking also about the last games of the regular season). they will stink from the beginning, then desperately try to somehow dump Boozer for tax reasons, play a 40 win season and miss the PO.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:12 AM
"fans should remember last April"

Laker fans remember, eh, Jazzy?

tee, hee.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Harpring wasn't relevant last season, so this doesn't make the Jazz worse. the problem is, they still don't know how much problems they will face. fans should remember last April, because that's the level of this team. (talking also about the last games of the regular season). they will stink from the beginning, then desperately try to somehow dump Boozer for tax reasons, play a 40 win season and miss the PO.

They won 13/16 in the span without Boozer. He came back and thats when they plummeted. I can tell you that DWill does not like Boozer and would prefer him gone. That is a major problem. I don't know if these two can coexist.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 09:20 AM

Hey STFU....since he's a white boy mormon who loves Jesus he isn't dirty at all.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:24 AM
They won 13/16 in the span without Boozer. He came back and thats when they plummeted. I can tell you that DWill does not like Boozer and would prefer him gone. That is a major problem. I don't know if these two can coexist.

lmao!!! The T-Mac Effect moves to Utah! You mean you're better WITHOUT Boozer, Jazzy?

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey STFU....since he's a white boy mormon who loves Jesus he isn't dirty at all.

DoK STFU! he is from the dirty south and he still lives in the ATL. you little munchkin!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 09:33 AM
you little munchkin!

Son I ain't little. I guess I shouldn't make too much fun of Matt Harping since on facebook the quiz I took said I play most like Matt Harpring and Bill Laimeer.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Son I ain't little. I guess I shouldn't make too much fun of Matt Harping since on facebook the quiz I took said I play most like Matt Harpring and Bill Laimeer.

:lmao You should play against paul. He would cry foul on his way down to the floor.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 10:03 AM
:lmao You should play against paul. He would cry foul on his way down to the floor.

I wouldn't be the one guarding him :lol, but once he got by whoever was guarding him, I'd be sitting right there ready to play DoK's patented "Foul the Shit out of you" defense.

Reeko_Htown
09-24-2009, 12:08 PM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3176/jazzflop.gif

dude was a BS artist. wish him nothing but the worst.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 12:11 PM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3176/jazzflop.gif

dude was a BS artist. wish him nothing but the worst.

LoL rockettes fans crack me up.

nkdlunch
09-24-2009, 12:11 PM
some ppl are pussies around here. Dude was a tough banger. ala Rodman/Varejao/Najera/Madsen/Scola. Every team needs one of those. He was extra tough cause of all those steroids he took. Yeah he was a bit dirty but again, every succesful team needs one of those.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 12:12 PM
some ppl are pussies around here. Dude was a tough banger. ala Rodman/Varejao/Najera/Madsen/Scola. Every team needs one of those. He was extra tough cause of all those steroids he took. Yeah he was a bit dirty but again, every succesful team needs one of those.

:toast you sir speak the truth. Let me bump this post one more time!

Bump!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 12:24 PM

:lmao

bdictjames
09-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah basically what Harpring did was hit the open shot and muscle down low. He was a solid tough defender. Hate to see him go, but I wish the Jazz luck on finding players like Matt.

Girasuck
09-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Every team in the league would love to have Harp from 3-4 years ago. His physical style of play caught up to him rather quickly. My favorite memories of Harp will be his curl jumper from the elbow, his countless blown layups, getting inside Artest's head numerous times, and throwing the blind pass to DWill when DWill was walking to the bench...HAHAHA!!!!

Seriously though, Harp was the modern day Jerry Sloan player. He did a lot for this team. I met him once back in 2005 and he was a dick in person, but I'll try to remember all the good he did on the court for us.

nkdlunch
09-24-2009, 01:59 PM
:lmao

Madsen, 1 NBA Championship ring

Phoenix Suns, 0 NBA Championship rings

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Madsen, 1 NBA Championship ring

Phoenix Suns, 0 NBA Championship rings

:lol

4 rings, faggot.

nkdlunch
09-24-2009, 03:49 PM
4 rings, faggot.

this thread is not about the 4 time champion Spurs :lobt2:

TD 21
09-24-2009, 03:57 PM
How exactly are we un-athletic?? This coming from a spurs fan?? Please tell me where we are lacking athleticism?? The center position?? is that what you are talking about? Have you seen ronnie brewer or cj miles dunk? Even AK is like a pogo stick. Paul millsap?? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I respect and like the Jazz as an organization, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they're lacking in athleticism. O'Connor said as much early in the off season. Whether the Spurs are athletic or not has nothing to do with that either. Curent roster ...

Starters: PF- Boozer, SF- Miles, C- Okur, SG- Brewer, PG- Williams

Bench: SF/PF- Kirilenko, PF- Millsap, SF/SG- Korver, PG- Maynor, C- Koufas, PG- Price, C- Fesenko

Inactive: SF- Harpring

Kirilenko, Millsap, Brewer and Miles are all above average athletically, but none, outside of maybe Kirilenko represent anything resembling elite athleticism and that doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of the roster is filled with sub par athletes. The Lakers have exposed that in the past two years in the playoffs. Are you telling me Graham or Udoka wouldn't be a better fit than Dupree as a Harpring replacement? Either makes sense for the Jazz, for the reasons I outlined in my previous post.

EricB
09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Harpring was at one time a really stud player getting like 15 points a game at one point.

I'd still take him, he's the modern day Jerome Kersey. A banger, pain in the ass tough guy who can nail a jumpshot.

Hope he can get back to playing, seemed like an OK guy too.

EricB
09-24-2009, 05:57 PM
4 rings, faggot.

Silly Suns fan, rings are for champions.

Not towns that throw parades for second place teams.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Silly Suns fan, rings are for champions.

Not towns that throw parades for second place teams.

I have just as many rings as you do fat ass.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 11:38 PM
If you don't understand the 4 rings, faggot joke by now then you're retarded. You know a Spurs fan lost an argument if he has to randomly brings up 4 rings to a Suns/Mavs fan.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 11:40 PM
cuatro anillos, puta!!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 11:44 PM
this thread is not about the 4 time champion Spurs :lobt2:

It's not about the 0 time championship Phoenix Suns but they for some reason get brought up whenever your stupid ass loses an argument.

ginobili's bald spot
09-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Good riddance.

hater
09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
It's not about the 0 time championship Phoenix Suns but they for some reason get brought up whenever your stupid ass loses an argument.

well to be fair, I beleive it was brought up to make the point that Mark Madsen is more successful than the Phoenix Suns franchise. which is true.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
DUNCAN doesn't usually let himself get pinned down like this. Ain't quite on the top of yer game, DUNCAN.

Hate to see it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-25-2009, 09:47 PM
DUNCAN doesn't usually let himself get pinned down like this. Ain't quite on the top of yer game, DUNCAN.

Hate to see it.

If I was as fat as EricB it'd be impossible to pin me down.

mogrovejo
09-25-2009, 09:52 PM
That's a shame, he once was one of the best role-players in the league.

spursfan1000
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Good luck to Harpring, wont make a difference for the Jazz though.