PDA

View Full Version : How to fix Notre Dame Football

FoxPerez
09-23-2009, 11:48 PM
http://tinyurl.com/irishproposal

How does Notre Dame return to glory on the football field as a consistent power always competing for the national championship? They need to hire a new coach every season!

Read about how this strategy would work (plus other observations from the weekend in football) here:

http://tinyurl.com/irishproposal

bugoy
09-24-2009, 01:37 AM
i havnt read the article yet but...

i remember reading a long time ago that before you even consider playing football for Notre Dame, you have to get accepted to the school first...take that away and im sure you get better football players

DMX7
09-24-2009, 04:22 PM
ntore dame athletes aren't held to the same academic standard as regular students,

Athletes at every university aren't held to the same academic standards as regular students. Vince Young had an 850 SAT score at a school where the average was like 1250. Chris Paul couldn't even break 1000 and he got into Wake Forest.

mookie2001
09-24-2009, 04:34 PM
i would love to see a link where you can get players SAT scores?

DMX7
09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
i would love to see a link where you can get players SAT scores?

They used to be posted on the player profiles on Rivals.com. Some are still up but most players don't post it anymore.

mookie2001
09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
oh ok

colt mccoy got a 700, tebow a 1390 and bradford a 720

CubanMustGo
09-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Athletes at every university aren't held to the same academic standards as regular students. Vince Young had an 850 SAT score at a school where the average was like 1250. Chris Paul couldn't even break 1000 and he got into Wake Forest.

I believe athletes at the service academies are held to the same standards, as are those in the Ivy League schools (which don't offer football scholarships), as well as Rice. There may be others.

DMX7
09-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I believe athletes at the service academies are held to the same standards, as are those in the Ivy League schools (which don't offer football scholarships), as well as Rice. There may be others.

No, the standards for athletes and students may be more similar at those universities but they're still not the same.

DMX7
09-24-2009, 05:29 PM
oh ok

colt mccoy got a 700, tebow a 1390 and bradford a 720

Tebow got a 1605. The +5 was for being such a good guy.

vander
09-24-2009, 07:31 PM
ntore dame athletes aren't held to the same academic standard as regular students, but they are held to a higher standard than almost all other d1 schools athletes. and a ton of the nd players are genuinely really smart

that's why I'll usually root for ND over any state school, fuck America's public "Higher Education System" it's just a liberal indoctrinating daycare system. :lol

Doug Collins
09-24-2009, 07:50 PM

All you have to do is spend 5 minutes with him and you'll be a better person

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-25-2009, 02:05 AM
They do have a bunch of high character guys. Michael Floyd worked from 3 am - 7 am Monday-Friday before school AND THEN after school in order to help his mom out.

bugoy
09-25-2009, 02:17 AM
lol

TFloss32
09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Getting rid of Charlie Weis would be a good start...

ginobili's bald spot
09-25-2009, 05:28 PM
i havnt read the article yet but...

i remember reading a long time ago that before you even consider playing football for Notre Dame, you have to get accepted to the school first...take that away and im sure you get better football players

Notre Dame gets 5 star recruits every year. That's not the problem.

JamStone
09-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Notre Dame has a somewhat similar problem as Michigan has had in that for a long time, they were too stubborn to evolve with the changes in the game of college football. Weis partially was supposed to help that on the offensive side of the ball.

And, make no mistake about it, while they still get really good recruiting classes and their share of 4 and 5 star talent, it's not the same as they used to get. They'd be a top 5 recruiting class year in and year out. Now, they have some really good recruiting classes every once in a while, but they still don't compare to consistently great recruits USC and Florida and Texas are getting.

Weis is probably a problem. The school and the fans and the boosters got false hope when he did so well with Brady Quinn and Coach Willingham's players. Once it was mainly his recruits, they were wildly overrated and not very good. I'm not convinced Weis knows how to recruit or build a team. He can get good to very good talent, but does the talent fit what he's trying to do?

symple19
09-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Notre Dame gets 5 star recruits every year. That's not the problem.

They do get a couple 5 stars every year, just like Ohio State does.

The problem for ND is coaching and the lack of team speed. Big deal if you have a couple skill guys that run a 4.4 40. How fast are your backers? How fast are your ends? On offense the question is, do you have giant offensive lineman that can pull block and get out to block on screens?

This is the problem with all these teams in the Big 10 + Notre Dame. Don't get your panties in a bunch Buckeyes, you're way better than the Domers, but this is also why you can't beat the USCs and UFs of the world.