PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News' NBA Athlete of the Decade: Kobe Bryant, SG, Lakers

usdane
09-24-2009, 03:41 AM
No surprise here.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/article/2009-09-24/sporting-news-nba-athlete-decade-kobe-bryant-sg-lakers

Sporting News' NBA Athlete of the Decade: Kobe Bryant, SG, Lakers

Our choices for seven athletes of the decade--one in each sport we cover--sparked some intense debate. In the NBA, Kobe Bryant edged the Spurs' Tim Duncan.We say...

Is he the next Michael Jordan? Can he win a title without Shaquille O'Neal? Is he still better than LeBron James? When it comes to Bryant, the talking points have always missed the mark. No player in the history of the sport has been as hell bent on muscling up and improving his game every offseason. Bryant continues to set the bar on hard work, and there's no sign of anyone reaching his level in that regard.

The numbers say...

Bryant: 28.2 points per game, 5.9 rebounds, 5.2 assists, one MVP, four titles
Duncan: 21.2 points per game, 11.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists, two MVPs, three titles
You say...

SportingNews.com voting
Bryant 55%
Duncan 45%
They say...

Former Lakers teammate Shaquille O'Neal's case for Bryant: "The thing about Kobe is that, over the course of my career, I have never played with anyone who was as fierce as he is. By fierce I mean just having that extra killer instinct that you know when the game is on the line he is not going to shy away from the big shot, he is not going to make excuses. If we would go into the fourth quarter, playoffs or just some game in the season and we were within a little bit of the other team, Kobe was not going to shy away from the challenge of getting the win. He was going to take the shots."

Bryant says...

Our pick's memory of the decade: "This year meant a lot. We won a championship. It was satisfying, very satisfying, because we put in a lot of time and effort to fix things and get better. It's a great memory. I feel that we just had such a great team, such a fun team, from our chemistry to the way we executed. We went through some years and years of frustration to get to that point."

I-Ball
09-24-2009, 04:34 AM
No surprise here.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/article/2009-09-24/sporting-news-nba-athlete-decade-kobe-bryant-sg-lakers

Sporting News' NBA Athlete of the Decade: Kobe Bryant, SG, Lakers

Our choices for seven athletes of the decade--one in each sport we cover--sparked some intense debate. In the NBA, Kobe Bryant edged the Spurs' Tim Duncan.We say...

Is he the next Michael Jordan? Can he win a title without Shaquille O'Neal? Is he still better than LeBron James? When it comes to Bryant, the talking points have always missed the mark. No player in the history of the sport has been as hell bent on muscling up and improving his game every offseason. Bryant continues to set the bar on hard work, and there's no sign of anyone reaching his level in that regard.

The numbers say...

Duncan: 21.2 points per game, 11.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists, two MVPs, three titles
You say...

hm, let`s see. 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007. makes 4 titels for TD.
3x finals-MVP (1999, 2003, 2005) should be considered better then 1x finals-MVP. (2009)
4 titles as number 1 option isn't better then 1 title as no.1 + 3 titles as no.2 alongside a HoF-big?

SportingNews.com voting
Bryant 55%
Duncan 45%
They say...

the same "knowledgeable" people who think: dunk = great player.

Former Lakers teammate Shaquille O'Neal's case for Bryant: "The thing about Kobe is that, over the course of my career, I have never played with anyone who was as fierce as he is. By fierce I mean just having that extra killer instinct that you know when the game is on the line he is not going to shy away from the big shot, he is not going to make excuses. If we would go into the fourth quarter, playoffs or just some game in the season and we were within a little bit of the other team, Kobe was not going to shy away from the challenge of getting the win. He was going to take the shots."

the same guy who changes his opinion more often then his nicknames.

Bryant says...

Our pick's memory of the decade: "This year meant a lot. We won a championship. It was satisfying, very satisfying, because we put in a lot of time and effort to fix things and get better. It's a great memory. I feel that we just had such a great team, such a fun team, from our chemistry to the way we executed. We went through some years and years of frustration to get to that point."

where is the other side? what has TD to say?

in short: fail.

edit:
ok. i missed the point (of the decade) in the first reading.
even so, i still think 3x as no.1 is better then 1x as no.1 +3x as no.2.
if go strictly by decade, you could still argue that shaq is better then kobe bryant (3x no1+ 1x no.2)

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 07:57 AM
The numbers say...

Bryant: four titles
Duncan: three titles

tee, hee. The Sporting News ices the decade query, eh? Ipso facto, that means the Lakers are Team of the Decade/4-3.

yep, yep.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Rapist. Another title under Kobe's belt. That makes 5

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:04 AM
+ that 15th NBA Title we whipped yer ass on the way to.

tee, hee.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 08:09 AM

tee, hee.

We are still talkin about Kobe specifically right?? Read the thread before you orgasm culburn!

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
We are still talkin about Kobe specifically right??

Right! & on his way to NBA Athlete of the Decade he vanquished your Jazz. What a slaughter, Jazzy. A Sloan team quittin'. ha, ha.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Right! & on his way to NBA Athlete of the Decade he vanquished your Jazz. What a slaughter, Jazzy. A Sloan team quittin'. ha, ha.

The internet-the only place where it is acceptable for a 50yr old man to act in his pre-teens again. Culburn, when are we gonna see you on dateline to catch an anal predator again?:lol

ambchang
09-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Democracy is now turning into a system where power is given to the ignorant.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:33 AM
[[[Is he the next Michael Jordan? Can he win a title without Shaquille O'Neal? Is he still better than LeBron James? When it comes to Bryant, the talking points have always missed the mark. No player in the history of the sport has been as hell bent on muscling up and improving his game every offseason. Bryant continues to set the bar on hard work, and there's no sign of anyone reaching his level in that regard.]]]

Hell no....nobody even close to reaching Kobe's level. James dicks around with it part time, but, he ain't got the fortitude. He's too busy selling his ass to & fro instead of taking care of business. He let Orlando humiliate him,,,took his cookie,,,made him like it.

It's The Bryant. & he's eyeballing MJ's last comeback ravaged ass.

Go for it, Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Culburn, when are we gonna see you on dateline to catch an anal predator again?:lol

Spread out Parker's old lady, and I'll be there, bell's on, a double shot of See Alice at the ready.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Democracy is now turning into a system where power is given to the ignorant.

& Kobe is bestows NBA Athlete of the Decade.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Spread out Parker's old lady, and I'll be there, bell's on, a double shot of See Alice at the ready.

I'm sure they'd catch you with any o'l boy.. They'll tempt you with Ghazi's padded hoopty loop and you couldn't resist. You'll be there with your 2 inch schnozel ready for a poop flavored sunday.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:42 AM
where is the other side? what has TD to say?

He lostPERIOD

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm sure they'd catch you with any o'l boy.. They'll tempt you with Ghazi's padded hoopty loop and you couldn't resist. You'll be there with your 2 inch schnozel ready for a poop flavored sunday.

& my 15 NBA World Championships. Don't ferget those, Jazzy!

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 08:48 AM
& my 15 notch anal beads. Don't ferget those, Jazzy!

Oh, yeah. How could I forget.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Don't be jealous, Jazzy. You'll ring some day, sassafras. Keep hope alive!

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Don't be jealous, Jazzy. You'll ring some day, sassafras. Keep hope alive!

Yea.. exept I'm sure Stern wouldnt allow wallace to hand us over a championship so we will have to earn it the hard way.

KidCongo
09-24-2009, 09:21 AM

:lmao:lmao

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Yea.. exept I'm sure Stern wouldnt allow wallace to hand us over a championship so we will have to earn it the hard way.

Well, you ain't gonna earn squat if you keep quittin' like you did last April vs the Los Angeles Lakers, Jazzy.

tee, hee.

JamStone
09-24-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm sure Tim is distraught and furious at these findings.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:25 AM

He could give two shits,,,but, Spurs Fandom around here? A little long term bumpin',,,a little red assin'. They'll be distraught & furious when Culburn gets done with 'em.

tee, hee.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 09:26 AM

I'm sure he could care less.

resistanze
09-24-2009, 09:33 AM
The numbers say...

Bryant: four titles
Duncan: three titles

tee, hee. The Sporting News ices the decade query, eh? Ipso facto, that means the Lakers are Team of the Decade/4-3.

yep, yep.

Shouldn't Shaq be the player of the decade, then?

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Shouldn't Shaq be the player of the decade, then?

Sure. Just as long as Daddy doesn't try to be Athlete of the Decade.

fevertrees
09-24-2009, 10:15 AM
The numbers are wrong.

Kobe only has one NBA title and has never won the MVP award.

bdictjames
09-24-2009, 10:18 AM
WTF?

Duncan - 3 Finals MVPs
Kobe - 1

Kobe missed the playoffs, Duncan never has.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 10:26 AM
WTF?

Duncan - 3 Finals MVPs
Kobe - 1

Kobe missed the playoffs, Duncan never has.

Hello! Hey, peanut-for-a-brain, it's NBA Athlete of the Decade. Ipso facto: Kobe has 4 rings, your fellow has 3. Solly Cholly, you shit out of luck.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Hello! Hey, peanut-for-a-brain, it's NBA Athlete of the Decade. Ipso facto: Kobe has 4 rings, your fellow has 3. Solly Cholly, you shit out of luck.

Man, sounds like someone wishes they were that white chick in colorado!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 10:40 AM

Then Robert Horry should be athlete of the decade since he has 5 rings.

Trainwreck2100
09-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Shaq 3 finals MVPs
Kobe 1

sonic21
09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
lol Athlete of the Decade.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Then Robert Horry should be athlete of the decade since he has 5 rings.

But, that ain't the way the vote came out. Kobe Bryant is Athlete of the Decade.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:13 AM
lol Athlete of the Decade.

Almost as funny as the Mavs whippin' that ass, eh?

tee, hee.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Shaq 3 finals MVPs
Kobe 1

Daddy ain't protestin'. He's squarely kissin' that Kobe ass.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 11:35 AM
This Decade:

Duncan finals MVPs: 2
Kobe finals MVPs: 1

Duncan MVPs: 2
Kobe MVPs: 1

Titles that should count toward's the players' resume for this award:
Duncan: 3
Kobe: 3 (If you give him credit for 2001 and 2002, fine, he was putting up similar scoring numbers to Shaq and was at least a good enough sidekick to prevent Shaq from winning MVP, but no way in hell should he get credit for a championship in 2000 when someone else on the team won mvp AND finals mvp while he was nothing more than a 20-22 PPG scorer)

Amount of times Kobe quit on his team during a game seven: 1
Amount of times Duncan quit on his team during a game seven: 0

mingus
09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
TD was The Man for his three rings this decade; Kobe was The Man for one. :hat

sonic21
09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Almost as funny as the Mavs whippin' that ass, eh?

tee, hee.

son, that is a nice original reply :tu

are you DrHouse?

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 11:42 AM
This Decade:

Duncan finals MVPs: 2
Kobe finals MVPs: 1

Duncan MVPs: 2
Kobe MVPs: 1

Titles that should count toward's the players' resume for this award:
Duncan: 3
Kobe: 3 (If you give him credit for 2001 and 2002, fine, he was putting up similar scoring numbers to Shaq and was at least a good enough sidekick to prevent Shaq from winning MVP, but no way in hell should he get credit for a championship in 2000 when someone else on the team won mvp AND finals mvp while he was nothing more than a 20-22 PPG scorer)

Amount of times Kobe quit on his team during a game seven: 1
Amount of times Duncan quit on his team during a game seven: 0

Wow!! you just made Culburn cry DoK!

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Wow!! you just made Culburn cry DoK!

Duncan's people are the ones cryin'. Bryant is Athlete of the Decade. Duncan ain't.

Tougheth lucketh.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:46 AM
son, that is a nice original reply :tu

It's part & parcel to the rolling stock of Culburn.

tee, hee.

mingus
09-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Daddy ain't protestin'. He's squarely kissin' that Kobe ass.

you're going to take Shaq seriously on this? there's no motive for his not saying anything? this last year he's put on a facade of love/respect for Phil and Kobe just so he can go back to LA to retire.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Tougheth lucketh.

I bet you get a lot of this with all the unsuspecting males you try and take advantage of.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:50 AM
you're going to take Shaq seriously on this?

Why shouldn't I, ming, you cocknockers took him seriously whenever he was chewin' on that Kobe ass. It was like the sermon from the mount.

Tit for tat.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I bet you get a lot of this with all the unsuspecting males you try and take advantage of.

Only hungry people notice, Jazzy.

tee, hee.

mingus
09-24-2009, 11:52 AM
i really don't understand how anybody puts Kobe over Tim in this, considering Tim's individual and team success, of which he was a larger part of than Kobe was for LA during the Shaq Era.

BRHorent45
09-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Why shouldn't I, ming, you cocknockers took him seriously whenever he was chewin' on that Kobe ass. It was like the sermon from the mount.

Tit for tat.

You a sissy cuckold son who let Ghazi tap dat ass!

God Bless!

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:56 AM
i really don't understand how anybody puts Kobe over Tim

Tough shit. Take it\\\and like it.

mingus
09-24-2009, 11:56 AM
you cocknockers took him seriously whenever he was chewin' on that Kobe ass.

and so did Kobe.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:57 AM
You a sissy cuckold son who let Ghazi tap dat ass!

God Bless!

Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh,,,,oh, yeah= you ringless thing, you.

tee, hee.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 11:58 AM
and so did Kobe.

A course he did...then he rang, sans Daddy. And that was it. You all didn't have to go home, but, you did have to get the Hell out of there.

mingus
09-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Tough shit. Take it\\\and like it.

i could care less what the trash that media puts out there wants me to believe. the media is retarded.

and i'll leave it to you to accept it without deserved argument.

BRHorent45
09-24-2009, 12:01 PM
A course he did...then he rang, sans Daddy. And that was it. You all didn't have to go home, but, you did have to get the Hell out of there.

son, only thing sans daddy is yo kids. They sans daddy while he plays butt pirate on the internet. They miss daddy. They want daddy to pay them more attention. They don't want to be sans daddy no mo.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 12:02 PM
i could care less

Sure.

mingus
09-24-2009, 12:03 PM
A course he did...then he rang, sans Daddy. And that was it.

how does Kobe winning a ring have anything to do with, or fix, the pre-existing sentiment that Shaq and Kobe had for eachother?

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 12:08 PM
how does Kobe winning a ring have anything to do with, or fix, the pre-existing sentiment that Shaq and Kobe had for eachother?

Ask Daddy, he softened up as soon as Kobe rang sans him.

mingus
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Ask Daddy, he softened up as soon as Kobe rang sans him.

it doesn't change the fact that Shaq is saying these things to position himself better to join LA.

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Its simple really...the "Athlete of the Decade" is usually on the "Team of the Decade".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/LA-Lakers-3D-Logo-Wallpaper.jpg

antgomez2009
09-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Laker fans have their head so far up their ass the shit is pointless!

Seems like every Laker Fan is making the case for Kobe!

As for player of the Decade, i think you fans need to reevaluate that, because, I can remember at least one year were Kobe's (aka player of the decade aka the greatest alive aka the Black Mamba that preys on white females aka the Whine-o aka Mr. I got punked by Chris Childs ass) Lakers didnt make the playoffs!

I dont think a player that misses the playoffs one year should be considered Player of the Decade! just my thought! Because as the title explains, a decade is each year for 10 years, being consistent, at least having a chance to put your team to win a championship!

Oh, and Colbourn33838489374892748937240789843982747098

is whack!

tell that dude to put a lakers Uniform on and suck his own D***!!

Your an official Member of the D*** Riding Lakers Club!

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Laker fans have their head so far up their ass the shit is pointless!

Seems like every Laker Fan is making the case for Kobe!

As for player of the Decade, i think you fans need to reevaluate that, because, I can remember at least one year were Kobe's (aka player of the decade aka the greatest alive aka the Black Mamba that preys on white females aka the Whine-o aka Mr. I got punked by Chris Childs ass) Lakers didnt make the playoffs!

I dont think a player that misses the playoffs one year should be considered Player of the Decade! just my thought! Because as the title explains, a decade is each year for 10 years, being consistent, at least having a chance to put your team to win a championship!

is whack!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/ominousinane/el1oo2.jpg

Gino
09-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Please. If theres any athletes who stood out this decade its Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Trainwreck2100
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Its simple really...the "Athlete of the Decade" is usually on the "Team of the Decade".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/LA-Lakers-3D-Logo-Wallpaper.jpg

so you agree its Shaq?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Please. If theres any athletes who stood out this decade its Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

It is the NBA athlete of the decade award.....but yeah those two are probably the top athletes of this decade.

Morg1411
09-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Another Lakers masturbation forum. Awesome.

Morg1411
09-24-2009, 01:30 PM
As long as you keep catching.

You don't need my help. You guys rub yourselves raw so often it's a wonder you have anything left.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 02:49 PM
We see this stat thrown out there so often it seems to have lost its luster... but no one can argue against it.

With Duncan the Spurs have attained the highest winning percentage in all 4 major sports over the last 11-12 years (his whole career)...

Discussion over....

/thread

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 04:05 PM
We see this stat thrown out there so often it seems to have lost its luster... but no one can argue against it.

With Duncan the Spurs have attained the highest winning percentage in all 4 major sports over the last 11-12 years (his whole career)...

Discussion over....

/thread

whoopty do! Time to celebrate winning in the regular season.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
whoopty do! Time to celebrate winning in the regular season.

Nice try... That little gem includes the post-season... As in, Duncan has never missed the post-season before... Kobe can't say that.

And then there's this...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135424

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 04:16 PM
BTW Duncan will get his 5 rings before Kobe does...

Cry Havoc
09-24-2009, 04:28 PM
I wonder how many Lakers fans actually like Kobe. As in, if he was on another team, would enjoy watching him and the person he presents himself beyond the uniform they cheer for.

If Tim ever was traded (or ever is), I'll still root for him in every game he plays. That goes for most of the Spurs players. I feel fortunate to have such a fantastic group of players to cheer for.

Keep your Kobe and your player of the decade award. I'd rather have Tim in Spurs colors, any time, any day, any year.

UrAphag
09-24-2009, 04:32 PM
LOLZ @ the amount mad ppl.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 05:05 PM

is whack!

I'm ridin' high & wide. We rang, sweetheart, our 15th and I'm gonna party like it's..............1969!

F'in' eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 05:15 PM
I wonder how many Lakers fans actually like Kobe.

My feelings on Kobe as a person are a matter of record on this Forum. I make no apologies for them or him. But, just to refresh a smidge: he is a disingenuous sort, a baloney/phony style. His mind wants to be sterling, but, his heart is painted black. Either too much too soon, or, some other nurturing failure, but, something happened.

That unsavory business aside I could give two hearty shits about Athlete of the Decade. I just so enjoy stickin' it to the Spurs Fandom on this Forum. They're f'in ripe for it, and so deserving of the red assin' they receive from myself and my Lakers brotherhood. This thread was prime pumped upon first sight. I knew you f'ers would go ape shit over it.

Frankly though, I was flabbergasted that the Sporting News went that way. I'd a bet the farm they'd a went the reverse Duncan (1),,,Kobe (2). That always works best for Media. That way they get to fawn all over Duncan and kick Kobe's ass all over the room. This way Kobe (1) doesn't work worth a damn. Nobody's heart outside of our legion wants to pimp Kobe and absolutely nobody wants to denigrate a nice guy like Tim.

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 05:21 PM
I wonder how many Lakers fans actually like Kobe. As in, if he was on another team, would enjoy watching him and the person he presents himself beyond the uniform they cheer for.

If Tim ever was traded (or ever is), I'll still root for him in every game he plays. That goes for most of the Spurs players. I feel fortunate to have such a fantastic group of players to cheer for.

Keep your Kobe and your player of the decade award. I'd rather have Tim in Spurs colors, any time, any day, any year.

Sweet...so if the Lakers ever pick up Manu, Timmy and Tony...you'll be cheering for us...woot!

Morg1411
09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Sweet...so if the Lakers ever pick up Manu, Timmy and Tony...you'll be cheering for us...woot!

I think you'd see mass suicides.

I'd probably go root for the...hmmm...fuck, I don't know. Not the Lakers.

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice try... That little gem includes the post-season... As in, Duncan has never missed the post-season before... Kobe can't say that.

And then there's this...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135424

But Kobe can say which team has eliminated Duncan and the Spurs the most in the post season. Didnt see that coming, did u? :king

I would hate Kobe too if he shattered my championship journey 4 times. :rollin

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 05:29 PM
i would hate kobe too if he shattered my championship journey 4 times. :rollin

ouch!

Muser
09-24-2009, 05:31 PM
I doubt any of the players or any of the down to earth fans actually care about this. Kobe is a damn good athlete and regardless of his actions on/off the court i'm just glad I could witness two of the greatest that will ever play the game in my lifetime.

symple19
09-24-2009, 05:33 PM

This

NBAfan83
09-24-2009, 05:34 PM
I think Kobe's a classy guy, considering he didn't blame the refs for losing a 3-1 edge to the phx suns. I think that was great of him.

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 05:35 PM
I think Kobe's a classy guy, considering he didn't blame the refs for losing a 3-1 edge to the phx suns. I think that was great of him.

Kobe dont blame the refs. He just yells "hey" in every play during the game. :toast

NBAfan83
09-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Kobe dont blame the refs. He just yells "hey" in every play during the game. :toast

I think that shows professionalism and good character, unlike Mavs fans with miami, kings with the lakers in 2002 and spurs with almost every year they lost to the lakers.

Kobe as a player, you'll never see calling people dirty, or blaming the refs, or what not, PJ On the other hand is a different breed, that is why he and kobe get along.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 05:41 PM
But Kobe can say which team has eliminated Duncan and the Spurs the most in the post season. Didnt see that coming, did u? :king

Minus one Derek Fisher miracle... they would be tied at 3 (the number of times they've eliminated each other from the playoffs)...

Speaking of Fisher and Kobe... at least Duncan can say he never publically cried about being eliminated... :cry

Nor has he demanded a trade out of his team...
Nor has he ratted out his teammates...
Nor does he punch his teammates...
Nor has he been accused of rape...

Laker fan with the blinders on...

Duncan is a true leader... Kobe is an MJ wannabe...

DAF86
09-24-2009, 05:43 PM
This is bullshit, the player of the decade debate shouldn't even be between Tim and Kobe it should be between Tim and Shaq.

NBAfan83
09-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Minus one Derek Fisher miracle... they would be tied at 3 (the number of times they've eliminated each other from the playoffs)...

Speaking of Fisher and Kobe... at least Duncan can say he never publically cried about being eliminated... :cry

I think your giving too much emphasis on crying, so what if he cried? shows that he loves the game and felt really emotional, you would too if you knew you could win, but didn't it shows a lot of heart if anything.

Does it show weakness? depends who you are asking, laker fans or spurs fans.

I guess you've never played bball and known the frustration of losing a close game or a close series.

Duncan hasn't done all those things, for sure, but he also lives in boring ass texas, where there is way way less pressure. Spurs aren't even the top sports team in that area.

Lakers on the other hand are the top sports team in LA, so givent he same pressure, who is to say duncan wouldn't fold.

Spurs fans always say that SA is a small market, but with 4 rings, maybe that is the reason they have those rings, is because it's a boring place to be, and all there is to do is pretty much practice and practice, no distractions no pressure of being in a large bball market, basically if they suck year to year, their fans couldn't care less.

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 05:47 PM

cuz im sure thats what Sporting News based thier Athlete of the Decade title on. :lol

Your doing alot of reaching just to debunk this article. :lmao

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
I doubt any of the players or any of the down to earth fans actually care about this. Kobe is a damn good athlete and regardless of his actions on/off the court i'm just glad I could witness two of the greatest that will ever play the game in my lifetime.

Muse has been watching Oprah a lot.

Muser
09-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Spurs fans always say that SA is a small market, but with 4 rings, maybe that is the reason they have those rings, is because it's a boring place to be, and all there is to do is pretty much practice and practice, no distractions no pressure of being in a large bball market, basically if they suck year to year, their fans couldn't care less.

I just lost a few brain cells...

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Minus one Derek Fisher miracle... they would be tied at 3

That's part & parcel to it, Phen. There was the miracle and they ain't tied. That's how you keep score, youngster.

Now scoot, squirt.

mingus
09-24-2009, 05:53 PM

i'm fine with the two ass beatings we gave LA thankuverymuch.

it has nothing to do with Kobe hate... it's got to with Tim being the better player in terms of awards, and the more valuable player to his team, and there's no dispute about that.

Phenomanul
cuz im sure thats what Sporting News based thier Athlete of the Decade title on. :lol

No... they incorrectly based it on singlehandly crediting Kobe for the Laker's three-peat at the start of the decade...

If Kobe had led them to those titles wouldn't he have been named Finals MVP at least once in that span?

Your doing alot of reaching just to debunk this article. :lmao
And I think you've given it too much credit... everybody else seems to suggest that the player of the decade comes down to Duncan vs. Shaq... Kobe is a distant third place....

NBAfan83
I just lost a few brain cells...

Pretty true, no distractions, no pressure, easier to play.

It's not like you'll see thousands of SA journalist slamming Spurs players everyday, like they do in larger markets.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 05:54 PM

You got those 3 rings (+ that strike one) because you got Duncan. That's itPERIOD

There ain't nothing wrong with that. You have every right to stand proud.

Your lone stain is a course your inability to go back-to-back.

NBAfan83
09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
You got those 3 rings (+ that strike one) because you got Duncan. That's itPERIOD

There ain't nothing wrong with that. You have every right to stand proud.

Your lone stain is a course your inability to go back-to-back.

It's not like duncan did it alone, he was in the right system with pops and had the perfect role players, place him in that team with smush parker and what not and they are not going any further than the 2004-2005 lakers went.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 05:58 PM
That's part & parcel to it, Phen. There was the miracle and they ain't tied. That's how you keep score, youngster.

Now scoot, squirt.

Reading comprehension problems Culburn369???

TheMACHINE suggested we hated Kobe becuase he had eliminated the Spurs 4 times...

Fisher's shot is relevant, in that it wasn't Kobe that accomplished the feat...
Spurs fans 'hate' Fisher moreso than Kobe... that's the telling fact.

Now scoot, squirt...

mingus
09-24-2009, 05:59 PM
crediting Kobe for his first three rings is like crediting either TP or Ginobili as being "the man"" the for any of the Spurs three 'chips this decade, and that's what the article is doing.

NBAfan83
09-24-2009, 05:59 PM

TheMACHINE suggested we hated Kobe becuase he had eliminated the Spurs 4 times...

Now scoot, squirt...

so you hate kobe because he is a rapist rather than him being a spurs killer?

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Now scoot, squirt...

Why you little SOB, you. Back-sassing not only your elder, but, your better.

Damn your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 06:00 PM

Now scoot, squirt...

so you love kobe?

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
so you love kobe?

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 06:02 PM
crediting Kobe for his first three rings is like crediting either TP or Ginobili as being "the man"" the for any of the Spurs three 'chips this decade, and that's what the article is doing.

Ming, your fevered mind is misconstruing the article. Calm the Hell down, and go to your room, youngster!

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 06:03 PM
so you hate kobe because he is a rapist rather than him being a spurs killer?

The claim that Kobe is a 'Spurs killer' is highly exaggerated by his fanbase...

NBAfan83
09-24-2009, 06:03 PM

Shaq and Kobe were a one-two punch, just like Jordan and Pippen, you credit them both, Shaq, doesn't win without kobe either, remember he lost with orlando to houston. Besides its a shared thing, and nothing wrong in saying you contributed a lot to that ring, when it's true.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 06:04 PM

Horseshit.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 06:05 PM
The claim that Kobe is a 'Spurs killer' is highly exaggerated by his fanbase...

They only say cuz it could be true and is very incendiary.

mingus
09-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Ming, your fevered mind is misconstruing the article. Calm the Hell down, and go to your room, youngster!

in order for Kobe to be greater than TD this decade he'd have to be "the man" on 3 championship teams, something he hasn't done, and might never do.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Horseshit.

You can't handle the truth...

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
in order for Kobe to be greater than TD this decade he'd have to be "the man" on 3 championship teams, something he hasn't done, and might never do.

The Sporting News says yer full of beans, Ming.

They're pretty prestigious, at least they were until they lodged this article.

tee, hee.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
They only say cuz it could be true and is very incendiary.

'could be' being the operative verb...

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 06:09 PM
'could be' being the operative verb...

Agreed.

NBAfan83
09-24-2009, 06:09 PM

The thing is TD won't be remembered as such because he has failed to defend any of his 4 titles, and true champions, in fact, true warriors, learn to defend their prize, trophy.

Whether this is the fault of Pops or TD, or the whole spurs team is up for argument.

Also, let's face it, ratings wise, spurs finals have always been dead, while Lakers have consistently been on the higher side ratings wise. So Lakers championships have been regarded as higher than spurs championship, doesn't help also that spurs won one during a lockout season.

ADD to this fact that Kobe has a pretty big ego, big enough not to be overshadowed by Shaq and it's up for argument who really earned those LA rings.

TD On the otherhand is fairly docile and is easily lost in the background.

mingus
09-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Shaq and Kobe were a one-two punch, just like Jordan and Pippen, you credit them both, Shaq, doesn't win without kobe either, remember he lost with orlando to houston. Besides its a shared thing, and nothing wrong in saying you contributed a lot to that ring, when it's true.

Kobe was the 2nd best on the team, and that goes along way. he was a first option on a championship team virgin up until this year while Timmy D has been leading team's to 'chips as the main man since four times, three this decade. Kobe's still got to do it three more times to get mentioned with Timmy D.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Kobe was the 2nd best on the team, and that goes along way. he was a first option on a championship team virgin up until this year while Timmy D has been leading team's to 'chips as the main man since four times, three this decade. Kobe's still got to do it three more times to get mentioned with Timmy D.

The Sporting News mentioned Kobe first, then they made Timmy D. Kobe's fart catcher.

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 06:12 PM

so if Kobe does it 3 more times as the main man...he'll have 7 rings to Duncans 4...and only then, will he be considered better? mmmkay :rolleyes

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 06:13 PM
The thing is TD won't be remembered as such because he has failed to defend any of his 4 titles

Precisely. And he should be castigated for those failures.

NBAfan83
09-24-2009, 06:15 PM

That's the thing though, people consider shaq the best on the team, the fact of the matter is Kobe has an equal or slightly lesser role in that team. It's not like shaq was 75% and kobe 25% no it was a lot closer than that.

As for duncan being the main man, that is true, but it's not as large a role as you make it seem, take out ginobli and parker and give him Kobe's 2004-2005 team and duncan doesn't go anywhere either. It's not like duncan is scoring 35 PPG and seriously just taking his team on his shoulder, it just so happens, that duncan is so fundamentally sound that he can be counted to not screw up and be detrimental to the team. He is the main man, but it's not like he's surrounded by scrubs, i'd place him at 40% of the team with manu and parker have 30% roles each.

mingus
09-24-2009, 06:17 PM
The thing is TD won't be remembered as such because he has failed to defend any of his 4 titles, and true champions, in fact, true warriors, learn to defend their prize, trophy.

it doesn't matter the order. it all amounts to 4.

and answer me this:

why does Kobe's three straight years of absolute irrelevence not weigh anything to you?

mingus
09-24-2009, 06:20 PM
The Sporting News says yer full of beans, Ming.

my opinion > Sporting News

TheMACHINE
09-24-2009, 06:21 PM

and answer me this:

why does Kobe's three straight years of absolute irrelevence not weigh anything to you?

maybe cuz the whole team was rebuilt from scratch and 3 years later, they are on top again. :p:

NBAfan83
09-24-2009, 06:23 PM

and answer me this:

That has more to do with Kobe just being on bad teams and not having anyone to help him carry his load, like i said put duncan in the same situation, and you'd be hard pressed to see duncan win.

Kobe has never in his life had anyone in his team referred to as the big three or big four, not counting the one with malone and payton, but the point is he has never in his life had as much help as duncan has with parker and ginobli.

Take out parker and ginobli and the spurs don't win nothing, take out bynum from LA and they almost won against boston. Take out odom, they might even go as far.

On another note, look at last year, Duncan had zero help in the paint, that is why they didn't win. Given the same team, it's arguable that kobe could have gone further.

mingus
09-24-2009, 06:31 PM
That has more to do with Kobe just being on bad teams and not having anyone to help him carry his load, like i said put duncan in the same situation, and you'd be hard pressed to see duncan win.

Okay, so Kobe is absolved from blame by you because he had bad teammates, and yet Timmy D is at fault in years '00, '01, and '02, when he was the first, second and third best player on his team, for not enabling his team to win back to backs?

you can't come up with an argument better than that?

mingus
09-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Timmy D > Kobe to me

me = all that matters

i'm outa here!

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
This reeeeeeeeeeeealy chaps the ass of you Spur fucks. You thought you were cruising to team of the decade for the first time, and out of no-where, Logo, like God resurrected Kobe and the Lakers and put us back on top of civilization. This was a fuck you gesture to the C's, but we wound up getting a two-for-one by stealing that team of the decade from the Spurs as well. Thank you Logo:toast

Now, you Spur fucks were for sure that if you couldn't win team of the decade, you definitely had player of the decade. Nope, nothing!!! Once again robbed by a Laker. In floods the lame buts, and excuses of why TD came up short again. Hey, don't be too hard on yourselves, cause you guys don't really care about none of these awards, remember? Maybe there's a classy team of the decade award.:lmao

Luva is right. This 15th by the Lakers was just a killer for the Spurs. It just ransacked yer whole world.

Man, God is so much on our side.

Thanks, God.

MiamiHeat
09-24-2009, 07:32 PM
so if Kobe does it 3 more times as the main man...he'll have 7 rings to Duncans 4...and only then, will he be considered better? mmmkay :rolleyes

With your logic,

I guess Robert Horry doesn't need to win some Final MVP's, because if he won a Final MVP, he'd have 8 championships.

Horry already has 7, so if he won another one as Finals MVP, I guess we could place him above Jordan.

Since Jordan would only have 6, while Horry has 8.

riiiight?

Dumbass laker fan. Yes Kobe needs to win more Finals MVPs

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Yes Kobe needs to win more Finals MVPs

Wouldn't change The Sporting News belief. They've spoken and Kobe is Athlete of the Decade. Tim Duncan is in second place. Ain't nothin' wrong with that, cept it ain't first place.

tee, hee.

Cleveland Steamer
09-24-2009, 08:20 PM
tee, hee.

gayest thing I've ever read.

Cleveland Steamer
09-24-2009, 08:26 PM
clever editing by the OP to leave this out of his copy n paste job:

SN PLAYERS OF THE YEAR
2001: Allen Iverson
2002: Tim Duncan
2003: Tim Duncan
2000: Shaquille O'Neal
2004: Kevin Garnett
2005: Shaquille O'Neal
2006: LeBron James, Steve Nash
2007: Dirk Nowitzki
2008: Kobe Bryant
2009: LeBron James

the King has been player of the year more times than Kobe. LBJ should be athlete of the decade.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:29 PM
gayest thing I've ever read.

You being the expert.

Cleveland Steamer
09-24-2009, 08:34 PM
You being the expert.

i;m no expert on the internet. i would need like 26 posts per day to be considered that.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:38 PM
i;m no expert on the internet. i would need like 26 posts per day to be considered that.

Are you currently residing there in the Cleveland area, Steamer? I'm from Brookpark.

resistanze
09-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Someone close this sploogefest.

Cleveland Steamer
09-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm from Brookpark.
i figured you were a bandwagoner.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:43 PM
i figured you were a bandwagoner.

:rolleyes

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 08:51 PM
:wow

I thought I was the only one that felt that way.

Yeah... his name is David Stern...

21_Blessings
09-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Kobe has been a better basketball player than Duncan this decade, accept it.

Oh and that's how history will end up remembering it as well. Lakers owned the Spurs most of the decade. Kobe will retire with at least 6 chips while Duncan will fade into obscurity and retire with his meager 4.

And the posters comparing Manu/TP to young three peat Kobe are absolutely delusional. Kobe was the Lakers best defender, facilitator, closer and would take turns with Shaq as the number option depending on the game/matchup.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 08:56 PM
The fact that the Sporting News felt compeled to use an internet poll to somehow validate the biased opinion from someone in their staff... shows how truly pathetic their sell is.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Duncan will fade into obscurity and retire with his meager 4.

With the one being that strike one. I mean it counts, but,,,,well, it counts.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Kobe has been a better basketball player than Duncan this decade, accept it.

Oh and that's how history will end up remembering it as well. Lakers owned the Spurs most of the decade. Kobe will retire with at least 6 chips while Duncan will fade into obscurity and retire with his meager 4.

And the posters comparing Manu/TP to young three peat Kobe are absolutely delusional. Kobe was the Lakers best defender, facilitator, closer and would take turns with Shaq as the number option depending on the game/matchup.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch... Kobe is due for his share of 'knee/ankle' injuries...

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 08:59 PM
The fact that the Sporting News felt compeled to use an internet poll to somehow validate the biased opinion from someone in their staff... shows how truly pathetic their sell is.

And if Duncan ended up at (1) you'd be all happy & content. But, that ain't the way it went down. Your guy ended up catching Kobe's farts. Yes, Duncan in this case is Kobe's fart catcher.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 08:59 PM
And like I said, Duncan will get his 5th before either Kobe or Shaq... Book it.

Cleveland Steamer
09-24-2009, 09:01 PM
so when is the award ceremony?

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 09:02 PM
And if Duncan ended up at (1) you'd be all happy & content. But, that ain't the way it went down. Your guy ended up catching Kobe's farts. Yes, Duncan in this case is Kobe's fart catcher.

What are you, 11 years old... what type of sick metaphor is that? Grow up.

Bill Russell, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, even your own Magic Johnson have gone on record saying that Duncan has been the best, most consistent athlete/performer of this generation.

I trust their opinion over the "casual fan's"....

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:02 PM

lol....now yer back to lumpin' Daddy & Kobe together. Gee, not too long ago (when Kobe hadn't rung without Daddy) you were all over Daddy's keester, kissin' & smootchin' it. Not no more.

tee, hee.

jazzypimp
09-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Sweet Jesus colburn, you still on here bein a douchenozzle?

21_Blessings
09-24-2009, 09:03 PM

Worry about getting out the first round before fantasizing about your delusions of grandeur.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:04 PM
What are you, 11 years old

I wish. I'd give my left arm to be 11 years old again, Phen.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Worry about getting out the first round before fantasizing about your delusions of grandeur.

21 is correct here, Phen. Conquer the Mavs before you start counting yer own chickens.

Phenomanul
09-24-2009, 09:06 PM

Last time I checked I don't play for the Spurs, or earn a paycheck from their organization....

Delusions of grandeur?? Clever.....
NOT!

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Last time I checked I don't play for the Spurs, or earn a paycheck from their organization

Good Lord.:rolleyes

SouthTexasRancher
09-24-2009, 10:24 PM
No surprise here.

The numbers say...

We just celebrated the Tenth Anniversary of the Spurs and Duncan's 4 NBA Championships this past June and Tim did NOT need Shaq for 3 of his championships.

Duncan 4 Titles

Kobe 4 Titles

DAF86
09-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Kobe doesn't even deserve to be in the "NBA player of the decade" debate and Lakers fans know it.

Culburn369
09-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Duncan 4 Titles

Kobe 4 Titles

Kobe tripled.

Duncan failed 100% to repeat.

Read it...& then you may weep.

j-money24
09-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Finals MVPs matters so much now because Kobe doesn't have as much as Duncan.

cobbler
09-24-2009, 11:50 PM
It is the NBA athlete of the decade award.....but yeah those two are probably the top athletes of this decade.

I dont think so...

That would belong to Tiger.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-24-2009, 11:53 PM
I dont think so...

I can't believe I forgot him.....obvious pick.

cobbler
09-25-2009, 12:02 AM

So Kobe gets no credit because Shaq was the MVP, even though they win squat without each other.

Ohhhh so you are going to take away one of Tim's "led his team" titles when TP was the MVP?

cobbler
09-25-2009, 12:14 AM

Then how do you explain TP's MVP? Are you saying Timmy was the the best on the team that year and they gave the MVP to the 2nd best? Could they not have done the same with the Lakers? You cant have it both ways.

cobbler
09-25-2009, 12:16 AM

and answer me this:

Quite possibly the most ignorant post of the year.

cobbler
09-25-2009, 12:20 AM
With your logic,

I guess Robert Horry doesn't need to win some Final MVP's, because if he won a Final MVP, he'd have 8 championships.

Horry already has 7, so if he won another one as Finals MVP, I guess we could place him above Jordan.

Since Jordan would only have 6, while Horry has 8.

riiiight?

Dumbass laker fan. Yes Kobe needs to win more Finals MVPs

MVP's are voted on by the media.... the very same media you all dismiss as clueless when articles like this appear.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 06:30 AM
MVP's are voted on by the media.... the very same media you all dismiss as clueless when articles like this appear.

tee, hee.

sonic21
09-25-2009, 07:29 AM
this looks like a lakerground thread, anyone who thinks Kobe was better than shaq and duncan this decade is clearly a homer.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 07:31 AM
this looks like a lakerground thread, anyone who thinks Kobe was better than shaq and duncan this decade is clearly a homer.

The Sporting News thinks so...and they're usually kickin' that Kobe ass all over the place.

I really don't think Duncan gives a rat's ass....but, Lordy, his Duncanites certainly do.

tee, hee.

sonic21
09-25-2009, 07:37 AM
The Sporting News thinks so...and they're usually kickin' that Kobe ass all over the place.

I really don't think Duncan gives a rat's ass....but, Lordy, his Duncanites certainly do.

tee, hee.

True. but the kobe fanboys certainly do too.

mystargtr34
09-25-2009, 07:39 AM
I dont think so...

Only in America.

cobbler
09-25-2009, 09:11 AM
this looks like a spurstalk thread, anyone who thinks duncan was better than shaq and kobe this decade is clearly a homer.

Agreed :toast

DPG21920
09-25-2009, 12:24 PM

tee, hee.

If sporting news is right about this, then they are also right about this:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/090925_teamofdecade.html

Sporting News named the San Antonio Spurs the NBA team of the decade and Gregg Popovich NBA coach of the decade. Tim Duncan was named to the All-decade first team along with Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Shaquille O’Neal. Bryant also edged out Duncan for NBA athlete of the decade.

The honors are part of a 14-page tribute to the players, coaches and teams of the 2000s in the new issue of the magazine, which will hit newsstands today.

A look at some of the winners:

NBA
Athlete of the decade: Kobe Bryant, Lakers SG, over Tim Duncan, Spurs PF
Coach of the decade: Gregg Popovich, Spurs
Team of the decade: Spurs
Game of the decade: Game 4, 2008 NBA Finals, Celtics 97, Lakers 91
All-decade first team: G Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant, F Tim Duncan and LeBron James, C Shaquille O’Neal
All-decade second team: G Allen Iverson and Dwyane Wade, F Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett, C Yao Ming
Executive of the decade: Joe Dumars, Pistons president

:toast

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 12:34 PM

Sporting News named the San Antonio Spurs the NBA team of the decade and Gregg Popovich NBA coach of the decade. Tim Duncan was named to the All-decade first team along with Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Shaquille O’Neal. Bryant also edged out Duncan for NBA athlete of the decade.

The honors are part of a 14-page tribute to the players, coaches and teams of the 2000s in the new issue of the magazine, which will hit newsstands today.

A look at some of the winners:

NBA
Athlete of the decade: Kobe Bryant, Lakers SG, over Tim Duncan, Spurs PF
Coach of the decade: Gregg Popovich, Spurs
Team of the decade: Spurs
Game of the decade: Game 4, 2008 NBA Finals, Celtics 97, Lakers 91
All-decade first team: G Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant, F Tim Duncan and LeBron James, C Shaquille O’Neal
All-decade second team: G Allen Iverson and Dwyane Wade, F Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett, C Yao Ming
Executive of the decade: Joe Dumars, Pistons president

:toast

lets make a new thread so people can whine about the Team of the Decade title. :blah

DPG21920
09-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Wrong. Sporting News is NEVER wrong.

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Wrong. Sporting News is NEVER wrong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Janthony019/tie0708_white_1200x900.jpg

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 12:37 PM

Sporting News named the San Antonio Spurs the NBA team of the decade

So, DPG, you're conceding Kobe is NBA Athlete of the Decade over everybody else including Tim Duncan?

benefactor
09-25-2009, 12:41 PM
There are two gross errors. Nash making first team over Kidd, or even Tony for that matter, and the Spurs team of the decade. Spurs fans have already conceded that honor to the Lakers. Six title appearances to three, and four titles to three.
Those three straight years where LA only managed a 121-125 combined record and missed the playoffs is a pretty big black eye on the resume though. But I will be objective and say it could still probably go either way.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Those three straight years where LA only managed a 121-125 combined record and missed the playoffs is a pretty big black eye on the resume though. But I will be objective and say it could still probably go either way.

I'll take the 4 rings (last one being Kobe's/sans Daddy). You can have the 3 rings and ToD.

DPG21920
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Titles trump everything, DPG, isn't that what you all tell Mav fan every-time they truck your ass.

Nope. I don't run title smack. That is like Laker fans acting like they are the best franchise when clearly the C's truck their ass throughout history and today.

z0sa
09-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Spurs - confirmed as TotD, and everyone knows that Kobe isn't #1 of the decade so that's that

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Nope. I don't run title smack. That is like Laker fans acting like they are the best franchise when clearly the C's truck their ass throughout history and today.

throughout history...fine. Today? LOL...always trying to exagerate. You made a good point then killed it with "today". :blah

z0sa
09-25-2009, 01:02 PM
throughout history...fine. Today? Lol...always trying to exagerate. You made a good point then killed it with "today". :blah

131-92 as they trotted over you for a title. Combine that with the incredible ownage Boston has on your franchise historically, DPG was right on the money.

DPG21920
09-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Did they not just recently beat the Lakers in the finals? Their most recent match up?

DPG21920
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Kobe can have his individual award and Laker "fans" can continue to worship a player. Spurs will take the team award and appreciate that instead.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Kobe can have his individual award and Laker "fans" can continue to worship a player. Spurs will take the team award and appreciate that instead.

Done. We'll take the 4 titles. You have the 3 + ToD.

You also get the Mavs spankin' that ass.

tee, hee.

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
131-92 as they trotted over you for a title. Combine that with the incredible ownage Boston has on your franchise historically, DPG was right on the money.

Did they not just recently beat the Lakers in the finals? Their most recent match up?

Historically...DPG is on the money ...TODAY...DPG is not on the money....that is my point. 131-92 was two seasons ago and last time I checked, the Lakers are the defending champs and beat them both times last season.

But hey...what can i expect form Spurs fans. Its been a few years since you guys were relevant. I would pretend last season didnt happen either.

z0sa
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Historically...DPG is on the money ...TODAY...DPG is not on the money....that is my point. 131-92 was two seasons ago and last time I checked, the Lakers are the defending champs and beat them both times last season.

It was the last playoff matchup between the two teams, correct?

131-92 :lol

DPG21920
09-25-2009, 01:30 PM

But hey...what can i expect form Spurs fans. Its been a few years since you guys were relevant. I would pretend last season didnt happen either.

Why are you acting like regular season matters? Why are you acting like the Celtics did not curb-stomp the lakers in their most recent playoff meeting? It is not like I am bringing something up that happened 10 years ago...

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Why are you acting like regular season matters? Why are you acting like the Celtics did not curb-stomp the lakers in their most recent playoff meeting? It is not like I am bringing something up that happened 10 years ago...

ok fine. If thats the way you look at it. So if the Spurs win the ring next season. I can say that the Mavs still own you guys "today".

DPG21920
09-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Uh, no, because the Mavs did not beat us on their way to a ring and their franchise does not have more titles overall.

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Uh, no, because the Mavs did not beat us on their way to a ring and their franchise does not have more titles overall.

oh i see...you make the rules...forgive me.

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 01:42 PM

ahh k...so the Lakers got beat by the champs...and the Spurs got beat by the Mavs who are crappier. :toast

DPG21920
09-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Exactly. Now let us enjoy our clear team of the decade award.

crc21209
09-25-2009, 01:54 PM
The numbers are wrong.

Kobe only has one NBA title and has never won the MVP award.

True. Kobe only won one title after Shaq left. TD has won 2 more after many people said he couldnt do it without D-Rob. TD has 2 NBA MVP's, in back 2 back years. Kobe...has none. TD has 3 Finals MVP's...Kobe has 1.

mingus
09-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Kobe Bryant is the best 2nd best player on a championship team of the last decade.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Exactly. Now let us enjoy our clear team of the decade award.

Knock yerself out. You got those 3 rings and the attendant ass kickin' by the Mavs. We got those 4 rings and the attendant ass kickin' by the Celtics. & a course we got Kobe ringin' sans the Daddy.

Let us proceed...

cobbler
09-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Clearly the Celtics have our number... just as we have the Spurs number.

Laughing at spurfan who on one hand argues that the Spurs are the team of the decase because of the poor 3 years the Lakers had while retooling... even though the Lakers have more titles over the time period.... then on the other hand say the Cetics are the overall best based on titles (which I agree with) but totally dismiss their 22 years of cellar dwelling.

Make up your minds! :bang

spursncowboys
09-25-2009, 02:50 PM

tee, hee.
We?

spursncowboys
09-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Team of the decade should at least win their conference more than three times. I think there was a team that won it six times. Just saying...
Spurs go to Finals and win! 1. win pct in the Finals.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 02:56 PM
We?

Yeah, "We"...I live vicariously thru the Lakers. What's theirs is mine, win or lose. They've never begrudged me.

manufan10
09-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Clearly the Celtics have our number... just as we have the Spurs number.

Laughing at spurfan who on one hand argues that the Spurs are the team of the decase because of the poor 3 years the Lakers had while retooling... even though the Lakers have more titles over the time period.... then on the other hand say the Cetics are the overall best based on titles (which I agree with) but totally dismiss their 22 years of cellar dwelling.

Make up your minds! :bang

The Spurs have only missed the playoffs in 4 years, and never consecutively. 1984, '87, '89, and '97, that's hardly cellar dwelling. While they didn't win a championships, they were far from cellar dwellers. I'm just saying.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Spurs go to Finals and win! 1. win pct in the Finals.

But, you've failed chronologically to repeat, spursn. Makes you look puny & weak....like when the Mavs went upside yer cocksucker. But, hey, you've got ToD, so don't let it get ya down.

manufan10
09-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Learn to understand the post before you reply, smart ass bitch.

:rollin

He said 22 years of cellar dwelling, which is simply not true. Sorry to burst your bubble, but obviously you don't have reading comprehension. It's ok, I understand. Some people just can't be as smart as me. :hat

Muser
09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
^ :lmao

DAF86
09-25-2009, 03:22 PM
I dont think so...

I can't believe I forgot him.....obvious pick.

Roger Federer by far.

manufan10
09-25-2009, 03:24 PM
:lmao
:wow
Should I tell him, or just let him keep wiping his ass with his bare hands.

When you've got no toilet paper, you have to make due.

tee, hee

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 03:26 PM
:rollin

He said 22 years of cellar dwelling, which is simply not true. Sorry to burst your bubble, but obviously you don't have reading comprehension. It's ok, I understand. Some people just can't be as smart as me. :hat

:blah :p:

you've got to be kidding. :lmao

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
tee, hee

Well, I'll be a monkey's ass. If this don't beat all. I get thoroughly pounded for using the tee, hee and here comes one of my archest enemies using it now....without permish!

manufan10
09-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Well, I'll be a monkey's ass. If this don't beat all. I get thoroughly pounded for using the tee, hee and here comes one of my archest enemies using it now....without permish!

I'm one of your archest enemies? Well I'll be..

tee, hee

TheMACHINE
09-25-2009, 03:28 PM

tee hee

manufan10
09-25-2009, 03:29 PM

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Ignorance is bliss.:toast

so is a thorough ass wiping.:toast

manufan10
09-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Ignorance is bliss.:toast

I just reread the whole thing... My bad.. :depressed

:lol

cobbler
09-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Roger Federer by far.

Not a bad point... and arguable... but I would still give the nod to Tiger.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Cobb, DAF, c'mon, one hits a tennis ball and the other hits a golf ball. It's preposterous what yer suggesting here.

Dunc n Dave
09-25-2009, 04:49 PM
This reeeeeeeeeeeealy chaps the ass of you Spur fucks. You thought you were cruising to team of the decade for the first time, and out of no-where, Logo, like God resurrected Kobe and the Lakers and put us back on top of civilization. This was a fuck you gesture to the C's, but we wound up getting a two-for-one by stealing that team of the decade from the Spurs as well. Thank you Logo:toast

Now, you Spur fucks were for sure that if you couldn't win team of the decade, you definitely had player of the decade. Nope, nothing!!! Once again robbed by a Laker. In floods the lame buts, and excuses of why TD came up short again. Hey, don't be too hard on yourselves, cause you guys don't really care about none of these awards, remember? Maybe there's a classy team of the decade award.:lmao

Is your ass feeling a little chapped that Sporting News crowned the Spurs Team of the Decade? Or are they just full of shit becaue they are anti-Lakers?

Dunc n Dave
09-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't change The Sporting News belief. They've spoken and Kobe is Athlete of the Decade. Tim Duncan is in second place. Ain't nothin' wrong with that, cept it ain't first place.

tee, hee.

Nor will it change their belief that the Spurs are TofD and Popovich (the asshole he is) is Coach of the Decade.

Must really have you all worked up, Cully...

(sanDaddy, 15th, or Mavs 4-1 rebuttal coming in 3....2.....1.....)

tee, hee:toast

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Is your ass feeling a little chapped that Sporting News crowned the Spurs Team of the Decade? Or are they just full of shit becaue they are anti-Lakers?

So what, so you got ToD...me & Luva & the gang don't care. We're over it already, Dunc.

Nobody read past here cept Luva & the gang, thanks:

fuck 'em, Luva & the gang. I hope they choke on that gd ToD award. Mother f'er!!!

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Nor will it change their belief that the Spurs are TofD and Popovich (the asshole he is) is Coach of the Decade.

Must really have you all worked up, Cully...

(sanDaddy, 15th, or Mavs 4-1 rebuttal coming in 3....2.....1.....)

tee, hee:toast

Sure, Dunc, I'm bushy-tailed, I'm stove up. We got NBA Athlete of the Decade though, and the sans Daddy thing.

We'll be ok, Dunc. Thanks for caring....P.S., don't look again, cept Luva:

Luva, that f'er Dunc, I hate that SOB and I always will. I can't wait until Duncan retires and they turn into dog poop. - Your friend, Cubby

DAF86
09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Not a bad point... and arguable... but I would still give the nod to Tiger.

You really can't compare the two sports but for the sake of conversation I'll do it.

Tiger has 14 majors in 14 years as a pro, Federer has 15 in 12.

Out of those 14 Tiger has won 12 on this decade, while Federer won all those 15 grand slams from 2003 'till this year.

And in lower tournaments the difference is even bigger for the Swiss.

DAF86
09-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Cobb, DAF, c'mon, one hits a tennis ball and the other hits a golf ball. It's preposterous what yer suggesting here.

You have no idea how big of an athlete you have to be to play tennis. You're all alone out there (you can't pass it to a teammate if you're tired), you play almost every day of the week and matches can last 5 or 6 hours.

Dunc n Dave
09-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Sure, Dunc, I'm bushy-tailed, I'm stove up. We got NBA Athlete of the Decade though, and the sans Daddy thing.

We'll be ok, Dunc. Thanks for caring....P.S., don't look again, cept Luva:

Luva, that f'er Dunc, I hate that SOB and I always will. I can't wait until Duncan retires and they turn into dog poop. - Your friend, Cubby

Hey don't worry Cully. Look at it this way:
if a douche like Kobe can be named Athlete of the Decade, it makes perfect sense that an asshole like Pop would be the Coach of the Decade.

THat's gotta sting knowing that a guy with 10 rings was passed over for an acne faced asshole with 3 (plus that strike one)...

The problem is... the Spurs winning Team of the Decade just doesn't fit the M.O. Maybe Sporting News made an error...:toast

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Tiger has 14 majors in 14 years as a pro

But, he's never hit the grand salami, DAF.

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey don't worry Cully. Look at it this way:
if a douche like Kobe can be named Athlete of the Decade, it makes perfect sense that an asshole like Pop would be the Coach of the Decade.

THat's gotta sting knowing that a guy with 10 rings was passed over for an acne faced asshole with 3 (plus that strike one)

Course it stings, Dunc. But, when he produced that X Cap that wasn't for the Sporting News. That was for the crypt where Red rests at 9.

tee, hee.

I-Ball
09-25-2009, 05:16 PM
strange choices by sporting news.

nba athlete of the decade should be either shaq (3 titles as no.1 and finals-mvp +1 title as sidekick) or duncan (3 titles as clear no.1 and twice finals mvp) and not kobe (1 title and finals-mvp as no.1 + 3 titles as sidekick).
the reason that shaq is not an automatic pick is the fact that he got 3 titles together with kobe, who is also in the discussion as nba athlet of the decade (no teammate of TD had the quality of kobe).

team of the decade should be the lakers. 6 final appearances with 4 titles is better then 3 titles alone, imho.

well, sporting news made their choices and not everybody has to agree....

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 05:25 PM
My lone solace is a course Kobe ringin' sans Daddy. No f'in way anybody can take that away, by God!

Dunc n Dave
09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
My lone solace is a course Kobe ringin' sans Daddy. No f'in way anybody can take that away, by God!

You're right... same as no one can take away Duncan ringin' TWICE sans the Admiral.

redzero
09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xnSYm0PpLOQ/Sa0i1WBwFbI/AAAAAAAAADI/zskV3aJR3tA/s400/what+the+fuck+am+I+reading.png

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 05:35 PM
You're right... same as no one can take away Duncan ringin' TWICE sans the Admiral.

Nor, the Admiral failing to ring sans Duncan.

Ghazi
09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
mo shitty posts imo

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 05:43 PM
mo shitty posts imo

That's cuz you've never rung, though you did me a solid when you creamed the Spurs back in the Spring. But, that don't make up for your sin of letting the Heat put your pants on your ankles. Your penance for that faux pas is endless---like Dunc's big mouth.

Dunc n Dave
09-25-2009, 05:53 PM
That's cuz you've never rung, though you did me a solid when you creamed the Spurs back in the Spring. But, that don't make up for your sin of letting the Heat put your pants on your ankles. Your penance for that faux pas is endless---like Dunc's big mouth.

Don't take your anger out on me, Cully.

It's not my fault that Sporting News named the SPurs ToD and Popovich Coach of the Decade.

But hey, it sure is fun watching you Laker fans tuck yer tails and run after TSN pissed in yer ToD Cheerios...

Culburn369
09-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Don't take your anger out on me, Cully.

It's not my fault that Sporting News named the SPurs ToD and Popovich Coach of the Decade.

But hey, it sure is fun watching you Laker fans tuck yer tails and run after TSN pissed in yer ToD Cheerios...

I ain't tucked & I ain't run. I've got my Kobe and he's sans Daddy, and I got my 15th and I'm ridin' high & wide. Not quite as high & wide as afore when ToD was squarely in my curio cabinet, but, I'm still drawin' breath on this Forum, Dunc.